The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Who would crush both Trump and Biden in an election?

‘Literally Anybody Else’ Would Crush Biden, Trump in November

A new poll shows that generic candidates from either party would do far better in this year's election than Joe Biden or Donald Trump

It is difficult to understate just how much Americans (at least those who are not card-carrying members of the MAGA cult) do not want either Joe Biden or Donald Trump to win this year’s presidential election.

A new poll illustrates how deeply unhappy voters are about their choices this fall.

A survey conducted by Emerson College Polling shows that a generic Republican would absolutely dominate Biden in swing states while an unnamed Democratic presidential candidate would defeat Trump in a landslide.

https://whowhatwhy.org/politics/us-politics/literally-anybody-else-would-crush-biden-trump-in-november/

That 2 Party System is some system.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bill Fite said:

Hi Matt

Didn't Bernie do well without relying on large donations?

Not to mention the fact that Bernie's last two campaigns (2016 and 2020) were completely blacked out of the corporate mainstream media.  He got NO coverage from the corporate moguls.

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Harris-Shapiro '24

That's a prediction, not necessarily a preference.

I have to think the VP choice would be Roy Cooper; there needs to be some southern and/or older white guy balance to a ticket with her at the top in order to win.

As with yours, not necessarily my personal preference, just what I consider a pragmatic approach when the sole goal is victory over Trump.

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

I have to think the VP choice would be Roy Cooper; there needs to be some southern and/or older white guy balance to a ticket with her at the top in order to win.

As with yours, not necessarily my personal preference, just what I consider a pragmatic approach when the sole goal is victory over Trump.

I like the Cooper pick for the reasons you state.

On 7/17/2024 at 10:13 PM, Matt Allison said:

The reason the Dem mega-donors want to install their own candidates is because they know Trump is the worst nominee in political history and will be comically easy to beat.

And after this speech so will everyone in America.

Usually candidates get a "convention bounce" in the polls after these speeches. Don't be surprised if Trump does not.

23 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

How did it all go wrong? The truth is the US system has long been dysfunctional, with Democratic elites partly to blame. When Trump came to power, the real average wage had about the same purchasing power as it did four decades earlier. Most gains had been accrued by top earners. Such stagnation breeds pessimism, ripe for demagogic exploitation.

23 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

Democrats failed to transform this broken order.

It wasn't for not trying, Bill.

You seem to think that Democrats can pass any legislation they want to. Well they can't. These days we can count on Republicans to obstruct most anything Dems like, and supermajorities are often needed to pass bills even when we control Congress.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

• Mary Trump, writing about the RNC speakers -

“"Ultimate Fighting Champion founder Dana White will be introducing Donald," she wrote. "This, just a year after White apologized when video leaked of him punching his wife in the head repeatedly.”

also speaking are Hulk Hogan, the former wrestling star outed using racial slurs;

Peter Navarro, who was applauded after getting out of prison

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), who remains under congressional investigation for sex trafficking, drug use, and a manner of other offenses.

Steve Thomas

8 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

And after this speech so will everyone in America.

Usually candidates get a "convention bounce" in the polls after these speeches. Don't be surprised if Trump does not.

G

1 minute ago, Sandy Larsen said:

You seem to think that Democrats can pass any legislation they want to. Well they can't. These days we can count on Republicans to obstruct most anything Dems like, and supermajorities are often needed to pass bills even when we control Congress.

If they don't nominate a  Truman / JFK - like candidate they never will get legislative programs through.

But keep on nominating Hillary Clintons, Bidens and Gores with no charisma and high disapproval ratings - that's their goto strategy.  

They drive people to stay home on election day.  

Go ahead support someone the majority of voters don't want or like.  Yeah... that will work.

4 minutes ago, Bill Fite said:

If they don't nominate a  Truman / JFK - like candidate they never will get legislative programs through.

Well sorry Bill, but there isn't always a handy JFK around to nominate.

But keep on nominating Hillary Clintons, Bidens and Gores with no charisma and high disapproval ratings - that's their goto strategy.

You're upset with Democratic primary voters?

Since you're so smart and know who the most JFK/Truman-like candidates (whatever that means) have been, why don't you tell us who the best Democratic candidates for president have been.

(BTW, Truman had little charisma.)

They drive people to stay home on election day.

Huh? First the voters pick the best candidate in the primary, and then the voters stay home because they won't vote for this (the best) candidate on election day?

That doesn't make sense.

Or, maybe your point is that the primary voters don't vote for the best candidate. They vote for someone they each like the most, but there is disagreement and so the candidate(s) they like don't win the primary.

All I can say is that that is the way voting works.

Go ahead support someone the majority of voters don't want or like. Yeah... that will work.

I personally have extremely little say who gets nominated, and precisely nothing to say on election day. I live in a red state.

17 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Since you're so smart and know who the most JFK/Truman-like candidates (whatever that means) have been, why don't you tell us who the best Democratic candidates for president have been.

(BTW, Truman had little charisma.)

Since you're so smart - really?  

2000 - Bill Bradley

2004 - Howard Dean

2008 - Obama - they got it right

2016 - Bernie - instead the Dems nominated the worst presidential candidate in history.

2020 - Bernie

2024 - unknown but it's certainly not Biden

Truman had little charisma?   You must not have talked to the people who were Dem voters back then.  They loved him. "Give 'em Hell Harry"

If I wanted to vote for circa 1960 Republicans, I'd join the Republican Party.

"Harry Truman once said, 'There are 14 or 15 million Americans who have the resources to have representatives in Washington to protect their interests, and that the interests of the great mass of the other people - the 150 or 160 million - is the responsibility of the president of the United States, and I propose to fulfill it.'"  --"Address in Atlantic City at the Convention of the United Auto Workers (174)," May 8, 1962, Public Papers of the Presidents: John F. Kennedy, 1962.

18 minutes ago, Bill Fite said:

Truman had little charisma?   You must not have talked to the people who were Dem voters back then.  They loved him. "Give 'em Hell Harry"

Truman was known for his integrity, not his charisma.

The modern presidents with the greatest charisma were:

FDR
JFK
Reagan
Clinton
Obama