The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Harris has done a better campaign leading up to these debates than I could have predicted. But the current results are a little disappointing as I was hoping she'd be up by 3-4%.
I think a lot of people are waiting for this debate to see her in action.

I see considerably more potential upside for Harris.  I don't think the critical group watching will care that much about her previous policy issues  if she continues to look poised and confident and tacks to the center.

Trump on the other hand, could fly off the handle  and do considerable damage to himself while  scarcely knowing  it, and even ultimately exhaust himself.

If I were Harris I wouldn't go down in the mud with Trump, but under the current debate rules. If Trump lies in his previous question, (which he inevitably will in every answer,) Harris when given the next question should quickly expose the lie and go on to answering the question. The more Trump insists in counteracting the fact checking of his previous lies, the more exhausted he could get.
Crunch time!

24 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
I think Harris has done a better campaign leading up to these debates than I could have predicted. But the current results are a little disappointing as I was hoping she'd be up by 3-4%.

I see considerably more potential upside for Harris.  I don't think the critical group watching will care that much about her previous policy issues  if she continues to look poised and confident and tacks to the center.

Trump on the other hand, could fly off the handle  and do considerable damage to himself while  scarcely knowing  it, and even ultimately exhaust himself.

If I were Harris I wouldn't go down in the mud with Trump, but under the current debate rules. If Trump lies in his previous question, (which he inevitably will in every answer,) Harris when given the next question should quickly expose the lie and go on to answering the question. The more Trump insists in counteracting the fact checking of his previous lies, the more exhausted he could get.
Crunch time!

Yeah, Kirk, she should briefly, and repeatedly, point out that Trump is lying again, then re-direct to the facts and question.

She can't let him skate unimpeded through his lying sh*t show routine the way Biden did.

I hope she makes a few choice comments about January 6th and the False Electors.

But she also needs to avoid wallowing in Trump's mire.

Come on, Baby, light my fire!!!  🤪

43 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Crunch time!

Sage observations and advice here, Kirk. Agree 100%.

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Just like the last debate, I won't be watching; it makes me too stressed out and uncomfortable.

I'm more concerned with the electorate's reaction to it anyways.

Looking forward to what you guy's impressions are of the event.

Matt,

I thought Kamala was terrific-- poised, articulate, intelligent, and honest.

Trump blatantly lied about almost everything, as usual.  The man is toxic.

IMO, the mods and Harris should have pushed back harder on Trump's repeated lies about "creating the greatest economy," and his denial of the robust growth of U.S. manufacturing jobs (and low unemployment) under Biden.

My biggest complaint is that the format and the mods didn't give Harris enough opportunities to rebut Trump's non-stop bullsh*t.

Not sure how most Americans will respond to the debate, but I thought Harris won easily.

Edited by W. Niederhut

I thought he ate himself.  Alien operations on transgender kids, LOL slap my thighs.  They're eating cats and dogs.  A comment about Kamala . . .   Bitter, scowling 90% of the time.

Edited by Ron Bulman