The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

On 9/4/2023 at 10:21 AM, W. Niederhut said:

That's a nonsense poll. Sure, 73% of voters say Biden is too old. But that percentage includes ALL voters, Republicans and Democrats. What is important is what Democrats say. The study doesn't even break the numbers out for Democrats, though it does for Republicans.

In other words, this study is designed to make Biden look bad.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump is liable in the second E. Jean Carroll defamation case, judge rules; January trial will determine damages

By Kara Scannell, CNN September 6, 2023

“A federal judge ruled that the jury hearing E. Jean Carroll’s defamation lawsuit will only need to decide how much money Donald Trump will have to pay her, after the judge found the former president was liable for making defamatory statements.”

Trump loses again. When will his rabid base open their eyes and realize that sticking with Trump is one long losing proposition?

Steve Thomas

This all interesting speculation because it's all true. Who knows what Joe Biden knows about his health? I think he's running  and is just playing his health by ear and is in the race until further notice. And, if everything goes in a linear fashion in the next 14 months, Biden will be re elected. I don't put much faith in recent polling because it's so far out and  these polls also include people who aren't going to vote. Sandy is right.

On 9/3/2023 at 7:09 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

Biden is the greatest president in modern times.

I've been for Biden stepping down ever since he became President. But he has surprised me to the upside. Biden has taken some advantage  of  the disarray of the Republican Party with Independents. Doug is right, he is  the most  successful Democratic President in 40 years. He's definitely the most anti corporate and is shaping policy for the future. The corporate sector has been buttoning their lip on it, because they realize Trump is so divisive and so ridiculous.

On 9/3/2023 at 8:39 PM, Matt Allison said:

Him dropping out would also make for an awkward situation with his VP Kamala Harris.

Who, fwiw, is perfectly capable of being a fantastic POTUS.

If Biden was to pull out before the end of the year for health reasons, I wouldn't worry about Harris's awkwardness. It would immediately become an open race. It's the period in "24" from March to the Demo convention that would really be chaos and force the decision to the at one time "smoke filled rooms" at the convention.

The problem I have with Kamala Harris  is that if we're going to piss off a good chunk of our population, we may as well get some bang for the buck for it, like Joe Biden, rather than  just getting a lot of the opposition hunkering down in their culture wars, which a Black Asian American from California will do. All of that is not her fault, but she hasn't done enough to fill the gap with her own identity to offset the same old culture wars resistance. We'd get a lot more cooperation and be much better off with Gavine Newsome if Biden were to be replaced. Watching the way Newsome handled Sean Hannity, he can easily go on Fox and cross over.

But then the question is after that. If Biden dodges all the obstacles and becomes President again.  Ultimately the chance that Biden could fill out his term as a functioning President at 86, seems pretty bleak.

50 years from now, if coins were still a thing, Biden would be getting his face on one.

He brought this country back from the precipice of extinction, and did it with grace and cool.

The Presidency is the most important job in this country; he's proven that, and he's proven why he's the best person for that job right now.

The Rolling Stones just released a fine new single, so I really don't want to hear complaints about 80 year old men doing their jobs well :)

The subject of Enrique Tarrio's December 2020 visit to the White House has been raised by historian Michael Beschloss today.  Tarrio claimed that he was "invited" to the White House prior to January 6th.

Trump White House officials claim that Tarrio's visit was merely a "Christmas tour."

I wonder.

www.democraticunderground.com/100218251044

New Musk biography offers fresh details about the billionaire's Ukraine dilemma | CNN Politics

From the article: 

Elon Musk secretly ordered his engineers to turn off his company’s Starlink satellite communications network near the Crimean coast last year to disrupt a Ukrainian sneak attack on the Russian naval fleet, according to an excerpt adapted from Walter Isaacson’s new biography of the eccentric billionaire titled “Elon Musk.”

As Ukrainian submarine drones strapped with explosives approached the Russian fleet, they “lost connectivity and washed ashore harmlessly,” Isaacson writes.

Edited by Douglas Caddy