The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Just like [Biden's] disastrous withdraw in Afghanistan caused misery and death on an epic scale there, so has his policy in Gaza resulted in the same. 

It's real easy to be an armchair quarterback, isn't it Doug. What would you have done to prevent the death and misery in Gaza? What would you have done with the troops in Afghanistan?

Biden is one of the few Americans who are trying to free hostages and get humanitarian aid to Gazans. He should be thanked, not blamed.

Out of curiosity, did you blame President Carter for his failed attempt to rescue the hostages in Iran? Did you blame Ronald Reagan for the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut? (I could go on, but I'll stop there.)

'Damning': New Pence notes point to GOP Senator Chuck Grassley's role in January 6 plot 

“For nearly three years, we've had no concrete evidence supporting that damning possibility. But now we do—from Mike Pence himself,” says Chris Hayes on new reporting on GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley’s potential role in the Jan. 6 plot. - Aired on 11/28/2023.

Quick Reply

@Greg Doudna AND YOU SIT ON IT LIKE A DOG IN THE MANGER ...

I’ll leave this here for a few days, Greg, to allow you time to apologize and retract.  Shame on you. 

@Paul Brancato I know you support civil discourse and want this forum to be respected. A bit of self policing might bring researchers back to the discussion, particularly the women ... some of whom have research skills rarely matched on this forum these days.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

I just thought I would let you all know that I am going to go kill myself.

I just found out that the new Rolling Stones tour is being sponsored by AARP.

So many fans tried to buy tickets, that it caused the AARP website to crash.

My life is over.

Goodbye cruel world.

Steve Thomas

6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

It's real easy to be an armchair quarterback, isn't it Doug. What would you have done to prevent the death and misery in Gaza? What would you have done with the troops in Afghanistan?

Biden is one of the few Americans who are trying to free hostages and get humanitarian aid to Gazans. He should be thanked, not blamed.

Out of curiosity, did you blame President Carter for his failed attempt to rescue the hostages in Iran? Did you blame Ronald Reagan for the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut? (I could go on, but I'll stop there.)

What was Reagan’s response? I would say to Doug we should never have gone into Afghanistan or Iraq. 
Brown University study from 2021 on the costs of post 9/11 conflict? 940,00 at least, including 432,000 civilians. There is much more to this study. Google Costs of War Brown University. The political blowback in Europe of 25 million refugees is ongoing. 
I do think, as Leslie called my attention to this, that we should remain civil. If I have failed to do so I would appreciate knowing that. I finally, after 10 years, put someone on ignore after repeated insults. 

Only the good die young.

Incidentally, Kissinger's death at 100 reminds me of a joke I heard on the golf course recently, (told by a Jewish guy.)

A 95 year old Jewish couple met with a rabbi because they wanted to get a divorce.

"We've both been miserable for years," they told the rabbi.

"But you've been married for more than 65 years!" the rabbi said.  "Why did you wait so long to get divorced?"

They replied, "We were waiting for the kids to die."  🤥

Henry Kissinger, the towering American diplomat, dies at age 100 (cnbc.com)

6 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Greg Doudna AND YOU SIT ON IT LIKE A DOG IN THE MANGER ...

I’ll leave this here for a few days, Greg, to allow you time to apologize and retract.  

Leslie -- who exactly has control over Albarelli's June Cobb manuscript?

To whom in a position of decision-making authority should a legitimate researcher address communication concerning that manuscript? (Asking for a name.) Do you have any legal control over such decision-making?

You have said you have legal contractual rights to portions of the June Cobb manuscript for future publication down the road related to Coup in Dallas.

Is that exclusive or non-exclusive rights to those portions of the June Cobb manuscript, i.e. do you have right of veto over someone else obtaining access to and/or publishing those same portions before you do?

Have selections of specific portions of content of the June Cobb manuscript to be utilized in that contractual agreement been made or finalized by you and the executor yet?

Can you state assurance that you would not seek to stand in the way of open, immediate, no-strings access to legitimate researchers of any parts or all of the June Cobb manuscript should the legal executor so consent?

Are you willing to use reasonable personal influence to recommend to that decision-maker open, no-strings access of that manuscript to legitimate researchers?

Thanks in advance for what I trust will be straight answers, not heretofore disclosed. 

Think about how completely f*cked in the head a person has to be in order to be a fan of this psychopath...

Below is a sampling of Trump's online rhetoric over the last 24 hours:

• Nov. 29, 1:11 pm: Claimed that he has "done more for Black people than any other President," potentially including Abraham Lincoln.
  • Nov. 29, 3:58 pm, 3:59 pm, 4:00pm, 4:01pm, 4:02pm: Targeted the wife of New York Judge Arthur Engoron — who is presiding over his civil fraud trail — in five separate posts for allegedly criticizing the Trump family and other Republicans on social media. Engoron's wife has denied making the posts, saying she doesn't have an X account.

@Greg Doudna again, apology and retraction are in order. If you choose not to, I’ll take the issue to the moderators.

Meanwhile, you can stay abreast of facts in question by following my responses to members that approached the datebook and Albarelli’s investigation laid out in Coup in Dallas Coup with an open mind from the outset.

I will state, for the public record, third party interference would prompt injunctions which could interrupt the progress being made.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

@Greg Doudna A pitiful wolf was worried and badly bitten by dogs, and lay a long time for dead. By and by he began to revive, and, feeling very hungry, called out to a passing ewe, “Would you kindly bring me some water from the stream close by? I can manage about meat, if only I could get something to drink.” This ewe was no fool. “I can quite understand that if I brought you the water,” mused the ewe, “you would have no difficulty about the meat. Adieu.”  — adapted from a fable by Aesop