The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closer Ukraine got to victory, the more it was likely inevitable that Putin would use small nukes on the battlefield. 

Ukraine has now received their F-16s, so the sh*t could hit the fan anytime now.

I bet Putin does it during the Dem convention.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/russian-military-begins-3rd-round-drills-train-troops-112430687

'Deadheads for Kamala' to mark Jerry Garcia's birthday with Harris fundraiser

Source: The Hill

07/31/24 3:11 PM ET

A group dubbed “Deadheads for Kamala” will mark the late Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia’s birthday with a fundraiser for Vice President Harris, who became the likely Democratic presidential nominee after President Biden’s withdrew from the race last week.

The virtual event, slated for Thursday night, will celebrate Garcia’s Aug. 1 birthday and aim to mobilize attendees to help elect Harris for president this November, according to the event invitation. It will be hosted by David Gans, the host of the radio program “The Grateful Dead Hour,” and Steve Leventhal, the owner and host of Acid Flashback Radio, per the invitation.

Garcia died in August 1995 after suffering a heart attack at a residential drug-treatment facility in Forst Knolls, Calif. He was 53 years old. “Deadhead” is the term used for fans of the American rock band The Grateful Dead. It has stuck with the subculture of fans since the 1970s and long after the group disbanded following Garcia’s death.

The event marks one of the various efforts to shore up financial support for Harris, who launched her presidential campaign less than two weeks ago following Biden’s exit from the race. He endorsed Harris, who quickly shored up Democratic support and spurred excitement in the party.

Read more: https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/4803023-deadheads-kamala-harris-fundraiser/

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

'Deadheads for Kamala' 

Hopefully - in appreciation for their support.  The Dems will change the national anthem to a really great song about the USofA: 

New National Anthem

One of the things that surprised me when I was working for a company out of Texas was that some of the most far-right people I worked with really liked the Grateful Dead.

Always made me think of the NRPS Last Lonely Eagle lyric:

"If you go down round the bend in the river
You're gonna find a few changes 
Been going down there
cause the people who live 
Round the bend in the river
Have forgotten their dreams 
And they've cut off their hair"

Edited by Bill Fite

Correction - apparently Pollyvote fills the EC vote plot space with a dead-even point every morning EU time.  So the EC is not a dead heat according to Pollyvote but a 7 point differential. However, today Harris is ahead by 0.1% in the popular vote projection.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 17.28.09.png

Edited by Bill Fite

On 7/30/2024 at 4:15 PM, Matt Allison said:

Harris is going to beat Trump. 

So the Trump cabal will now shift their focus to ways they can steal the election.

"Vice President Kamala Harris has obliterated former President Donald Trump’s lead in seven key battleground states in the days since becoming the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, according to a new poll. The Bloomberg News/Morning Consult survey, published Tuesday, shows 48 percent of likely voters backing Harris as compared to Trump’s 47, a “statistical dead heat,” according to Bloomberg. The poll, in which 4,873 registered voters were queried last week, shows Harris opening up an 11-point lead over her rival in Michigan, with further two-point leads in Nevada, Arizona, and Wisconsin. In Pennsylvania, Trump leads Harris by four points, and he still edges her out by two points in North Carolina. The pair were tied in Georgia, both polling at 47 percent."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kamala-harris-wipes-out-donald-trumps-swing-state-lead-in-new-poll?ref=home

Matt  No offense but you've been saying this now for 3 years with Biden , as well as forecasting the demise of Putin!

A couple of months ago, I finally had to interject here that Biden was losing and the very best he could do was 275-263, and he was currently behind in all 3 battleground states he won in 2020, which would be a Trump wipe out!

I'm pretty much with Bill's new forecast at this time with Harris. This is Harris's hay day. She has to build a secure lead of 4-5 points right after the convention or it's going to be a slog, where if no candidate makes a major mistake, we're going to be relying on Harris in her debate with Trump, which I think she could do very well.

I'm just getting tired of the rose colored glasses of Michael, Cohen, Mary Trump and Ben Meiselas, , (even though I like him a lot) telling me every new Trump incident buries him and ends up creating false hope and being wrong! How many people have been saying this now since 2016! These people do not have their fingers on the pulse of anything! They probably just don't want to believe Americans could be so stupid, but they obviously can by virtue of the fact that this is already so close!

- J.D. “Just Dumb” Vance -

““What I find so weird about this... is that we’ve tried to turn a very tragic moment, Simone Biles quitting the Olympic team, into this act of heroism,” Vance said at the time. “I think it reflects pretty poorly on our sort of therapeutic society that we try to praise people, not for moments of strength, not for moments of heroism, but for their weakest moments.”

Vance acknowledged that “being an athlete at that level is incredibly tough.” In the same sentence, however, Vance said that the American press should have reported that it was a “shame” that Biles quit the Olympic team.”

Let's take the most popular people in America and insult them.

What the hell's wrong with these people? Are they completely brain dead?

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Matt  No offense but you've been saying this now for 3 years with Biden , as well as forecasting the demise of Putin!

None taken! Although 3 years might be a bit of a stretch; Putin invaded Ukraine in 2022.

Prior to Biden's seemingly sudden onset of extreme aging that we saw at the debate, there was no reason to think he would have any real trouble being re-elected in an economy as robust as this one.

But Harris has done better than I ever imagined she would. There were enthusiasm gaps with black folks and younger voters, and she has zapped those issues. I think she wins all the states Biden did, with the possible exception of Georgia, which I think will be the one Trump is most determined to steal, as it has had some serious voter suppression measures enacted.

So yup, I 100% remain confident in a Trump electoral loss, and a popular vote loss by a 10-12 million margin.

The Bulwark is a Republican blog that hates MAGA; bit of a rare bird these days.

But this is a great article on how awful a pick JD Vance was, as well as having some good insights on why it's so fun for people like me to use Elon Musk's version of Twitter as an actual weapon against him.

https://www.thebulwark.com/p/new-right-vance-twitter-already-peaked