The Education Forum

Sixty

Wednesday, November 20, 1963, 10:00 a.m., CST—Dobbs House Restaurant, Dallas, Texas. “Lee Oswald” entered the restaurant—located at 1221 N. Beckley, two blocks to the north of 1026 N. Beckley—ordered breakfast, and when it arrived, he found fault with it and began cursing at the waitress, Mary Dowling. Also present to witness the tantrum were Dolores Harrison, the chef, Sam Rogers, the owner of the restaurant, and a police officer, J.D. Tippit, who was miles away from his normal patrol district.(1)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3538). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

Wednesday, November 20, 1963—time unstated, but in the morning, CST. The estimated time when the flooring work began on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository. (Testimony of Bonnie Ray Williams, 3H 163)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3543). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

Wednesday, November 20, 1963, time unstated, CST—Redbird Airport, south of Dallas, Texas. A vehicle stopped in front of American Aviation and a young couple, a heavy-set man and a woman, made inquiries of the owner, Wayne January. They were hoping to rent a Cessna 310 to fly to the Yucatan Peninsula on November 22, and asked how far the effective range of the plane was and its air speed. January noticed a lone occupant remaining in the vehicle and after the assassination, January recognized the individual in the car as “Lee Harvey Oswald.”

January, according to John Armstrong, reported this data to the FBI on November 27, seven days after it happened, but the FBI reported that the incident occurred in July, 1963. (John F. “Jay” Harrison Genealogical Archives; John Armstrong, Harvey and Lee: How the CIA Framed Oswald, pp. 780—781) Author researcher James W. Douglass would also append that the FBI report stated that January was uncertain of his identification of Oswald. (James W. Douglass, JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died & Why it Matters, p. 243—see Matthew Smith/Harold Weisberg entry for 1991)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3544). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

Wednesday, November 20, 1963, lunchtime, CST—Texas School Book Depository, Dallas, Texas. Warren Caster, assistant manager for Southwestern Publishing Company, headquartered in the Texas School Book Depository offices in the Sexton Building at 411 Elm Street in Dallas, makes a lunchtime detour. “Well, I left the Depository during the noon hour and had lunch and, while out for the lunch hour, I stopped by Sanger-Harris sporting goods department to look for a rifle for my son’s birthday… Christmas present, and while I was there I purchased the single-shot .22—single shot—and at the same time was looking at some deer rifles. I had, oh, for several years been thinking about buying a deer rifle and they happened to have one that I liked and I purchased the 30.06 [earlier identified as a “sporterized Mauser”] while I was there.” (Deposition of Warren Caster, 7H 387)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3546-3547). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

Wednesday, November 20, 1963, following lunch, CST, the Texas School Book Depository, Dallas, Texas. Depository supervisor Roy Truly saw two guns in the Texas School Book Depository.

“It was during the lunch period or right at the end of the lunch period on November 20. Mr. [Warren] Caster came in the door from the first floor and spoke to me and showed me two rifles that he had just purchased. I looked at these and picked up the larger one of the two and examined it and handed it back to Mr. Caster, with the remark that it was a really handsome rifle or words to that effect…he had also bought a .22 rifle for his boy.” When asked, “What happened to these two rifles, Mr. Truly, that Mr. Caster got during the noon hour?” Truly responded, “They were placed back in the carton and Mr. Caster carried them out of the lobby door with him. That’s the last I saw of them.” [Caster would testify he took them to his office and took them home at the end of the day; Clearly, Roy Truly is saying something altogether different.] (Deposition of Roy S. Truly, 7H 381-382)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3547). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

Wednesday, November 20, 1963—time unstated, CST—Dallas Police Headquarters, Dallas, Texas. Dallas traffic captain Perdue W. Lawrence attends a second traffic/crowd control/safety briefing, two days before the motorcade, but interestingly, there are no Secret Service agents there. (Deposition of Perdue William Lawrence, 7H, 579)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3548). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

Wednesday, November 20, 1963, following lunch, CST, Texas School Book Depository, Dallas, Texas. Southwestern Publishing assistant manager Warren Caster, having just purchased a 30.06 Mauser and a single-shot .22, displayed them to several employees just inside the lobby of the Texas School Book Depository.

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3554). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 20, 1963, daytime hours, EST; Atoka, Virginia, and Secret Service Headquarters, the White House, Washington, D.C. Clint Hill and Mrs. Kennedy returned from Atoka in mid-week to allow Mrs. Kennedy to prepare for the Texas trip. Hill went to his office, but he was soon called in to the office of Jerry Behn, White House SAIC, who was technically on vacation that week. Along with Behn was Roy Kellerman, who would be the SAC of the Texas trip. Behind closed doors, Hill was made aware that, only days earlier, Kennedy had made it clear that he did not want protective agents on the back of his limousine, as there had been a twenty-eight mile motorcade in Tampa, Florida, and in some places, the crowds had thinned out enough that Kennedy didn’t feel the need for agents on the car. “He [JFK] said now that we’re heading into the campaign, he doesn’t want it to look like we’re crowding him. And the word is, from now on, you don’t

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3555-3556). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 20, possibly November 21, 1963—time clearly unstated if date not certain. A “Notice of Attempted Delivery” notice was put in the mail box at the Paine residence. It is a tangled embroglio told by Armstrong, but apparently the package could not be delivered because there was $.12 postage due owing on the item. The Dallas Police AND the FBI became aware of the concern, but could not track it down, until a parcel addressed to “Lee Oswald 601 West Nassau Street, Dallas, Texas,” was discovered in the post office. It was they kind of packing bag that one would receive a book—like Bugliosi’s, out on my front porch—in. The contents were a long brown paper bag, open at both ends—something virtually identical to that which had held “the rifle” on November 22, 1963 (allegedly). (John Armstrong, Harvey and Lee: How the CIA Framed Oswald, pp. 783—784) There is no address of “601 West Nassau Street” in Dallas.

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3568-3569). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 20, 1963, time unstated, but believed to me midday*, CST. Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.

Police receive reports from citizens that two men are having “mock target practice” on the “grassy knoll,” using the picket fence as a “bench-rest” for the rifles. Police arrived at the scene but the phantom assassins had fled. (John F. “Jay” Harrison Genealogical Archives)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3569). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 20—21, 1963, EST—The Capitol Building, Washington, D.C. Far more intense pressure and scrutiny are gradually building in the matter of Bobby Baker, who was on the November 8, 1963 cover of Life magazine, suggesting scandal, not success. In the two days before the assassination, as noted, Congress begins making connections from Baker to others that are also under investigation. In that sense, the events of Dealey Plaza were barely soon enough to save some higher-ups in government. (John F. “Jay” Harrison Genealogical Archives; media sources; (Mark North, Act of Treason: The Role of J. Edgar Hoover in the Assassination of President Kennedy, pp. 368ff)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3570). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 20, 1963, 5:30 p.m., EST, Washington, D.C. Undersecretary of State U. Alexis Johnson arrived at the White House (as Acting Secretary of State, as Dean Rusk and George Ball were out of Washington) to report on a Cambodian crisis. The Cambodians, tilting toward the Red Chinese, had requested that the U.S. terminate all economic assistance to that country. Kennedy fully accepted the wisdom of the idea and told U.A. Johnson to implement the curtailment of the aid. Kennedy then had to get ready for a formal gathering of the Justices of the Supreme Court. (State Department Archives, media sources, John F. Kennedy Library, Oral Histories, John F. Kennedy Library) Note: To fully understand the hectic dynamic of the Presidency, the reader needs to be reminded that at 9:20 that evening, George Ball returned to the United States, called Kennedy in the midst of the Supreme Court reception, and the two discussed a number of pressing formal matters. U. Alexis Johnson had been “Acting Secretary” for a couple of hours. (John F. “Jay” Harrison Genealogical Archives)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3571). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 20, 1963, p.m., EST, the White House, Washington, D.C. President John F. Kennedy hosted a formal attire reception for the members of the U.S. Supreme Court. This would be the last ‘formal’ gathering of John Kennedy’s presidency, and would feature the current members of the court, with spouses, plus such retired justices as were still living. As in the case of the visit by Hale Boggs that morning, the presence of Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren was an equal irony. Based on a recorded observance by Robert Kennedy’s wife Ethel, “The Chief Justice called over jocularly that Texas would be rough. There was no reply; Kennedy had withdrawn into a private sanctuary of thought. Why, Ethel wondered, is Jack so preoccupied? Just before the group prepared to drift toward the stairs, she crossed over and greeted him herself. In the past, no matter how complex his problems, the President had always responded. Not now. For the first time in thirteen years he was looking right through her.” (William Manchester, The Death of a President; November 20—November 25, 1963, pp. 18-19)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3571-3572). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

Kennedy concern redux: November 20th was RFK’s birthday, and he spent part of it at work, part of it celebrating reaching the ripe old age of 38, and a good deal of it worrying about the forthcoming Texas trip. He was aware that his brother was surrounded by plotters; but he was equally aware that politics was politics, and his subsequent grief may (among many factors) be blamed in part for his willingness to assume that the political agenda would automatically outweigh his safety concerns. The Attorney-General visited the White House late in the evening as the Judicial Reception was winding down, and re-stated his safety concerns to the President. JFK responded, “Politics is a noble adventure.” David Talbot would wistfully conclude, “Then he [JFK] clapped his brother on the back and marched out the door. Bobby never saw him again.” (David Talbot, Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years, p. 244)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3572-3573). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 20, 1963, time unstated, but well before 10:30 p.m., CST—Eunice, Louisiana. A woman, bruised and “disoriented,” was either thrown from a vehicle, and found near Highway 190, or hit by a passing vehicle driven by Frank Odom, who then took her to the hospital. She was initially taken to a local hospital, where drug symptoms were present, and subsequent to that, at approximately 10:30 p.m., the local coroner provided her with a sedative to alleviate what he took to be drug withdrawal symptoms. Legal authorities were notified and she was taken to the Eunice City Jail and was spoken to by Louisiana State Police Lieutenant Francis Fruge. When drug withdrawal symptoms became apparent, an order was signed to have her confined to the East Louisiana State Hospital (where “Lee Oswald” had sought employment). During the middle-of-the night ride to the hospital, she told Lt. Fruge that she was on her way to Dallas, from Florida, to get some money, pick up her children, and kill Kennedy.

She was admitted to the Louisiana State Hospital at 6:00 a.m., CST on November 21, 1963. Slightly more alert at the hospital on the following day, November 21, she repeated her narrative that Kennedy would be killed the following day, and that a man named “Jack Rubenstein” was involved in the conspiracy to murder the President.

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3578). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in one of the most troubling sagas of 60 years ago:

Wednesday, November 20, 1963, 10:30 a.m., CST—Oak Cliff Section of Dallas, Texas. Ralph Leon Yates, employed as a refrigeration mechanic by the Texas Butcher Supply Company. As he was driving on the R.L. Thornton Freeway, he saw an individual hitchhiking near the Beckley Avenue entrance to the Freeway in Oak Cliff. Yates stopped to give the hitchhiker a ride, suggesting that the man place a package, somewhere between 4 and 4.5 feet in length and wrapped in brown paper, in the back of the truck. The individual preferred to keep it close to him, although he maintained it contained “curtain rods.” Yates’s passenger then asked a series of curious questions, considering that the President was coming to Dallas within 48—50 hours. Did Yates think, the man asked, if the president could be assassinated, and if so, could it be done by someone placed in a tall building with a high-powered rifle? The man showed Yates a photograph of an individual holding a rifle (unknown whether or not this was one of Lee Oswald’s “backyard photos,” as Yates was driving on the highway and did not take a good look—nor was he asked by anyone when he reported the event), and asked if such a man with such a rifle could kill the president. Yates was also asked if the motorcade route had been made public and if Yates thought it could be subject to change. Yates told his passenger that it could possibly be changed for security purposes. Yates dropped the man off where he requested: at the corner of Houston and Elm Street, where the Texas School Book Depository, housed in the Sexton Building on the northwest corner of the intersection, stood. Yates last saw the man as he was carrying the package from Houston Street across Elm Street. When Yates returned to his workplace, still on November 20, he reported the strange event and conversation to co-worker Dempsey Jones (do not bother looking for either name in the Warren Report or in the 26 volumes). At such time as Oswald’s photographs hit the newsstands on or after November 22nd, Ralph Yates saw the photos and realized that was his passenger, and assumed that the package was “the gun.” He believed, in fact, that his passenger was “identical with Oswald,” but was concerned for the safety of his wife and children. Notwithstanding, he gave the FBI a complete recitation of events on November 26th, again on December 10, and again on January 3, 1964. (John F. “Jay” Harrison’s Genealogical Archive; FBI FD-302s, and summation and extrapolations from FBI reports published in James W. Douglass, JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died & Why It Matters, pp. 351—354)

Epilogue: The Yates story is so compelling that the conclusion, which ran until September 3, 1975, needs to be completed in one telling. On January 4, Yates was asked to return to the FBI for a polygraph session, which the FBI considered “inconclusive” (and, as I wrote to a fellow researcher, the word “inconclusive” is in of itself inconclusive). Yates’s wife, Dorothy, would subsequently claim that Yates’s polygraph results showed that he was telling the truth—or at least what he believed to be the truth. But no matter. Yates was admitted, on the same day as the polygraph exam, to Woodlawn Hospital, a Dallas facility for thementally ill.

He was in and out of there for the next three years, and when allowed “home visits” acted like a man whose knowledge had destroyed the hopes of a “family life” for himself, his wife, and children. He was subsequently transferred to Terrell State Hospital (another mentally ill patient facility), and then to the Veterans Hospital in Waco, Texas, and finally to Rusk State Hospital in 1974 (“Rusk” in this context virtually defines ‘irony’).

Yates was medicated with Thorazine and Stelazine, two powerful anti-psychotic drugs which could turn anyone into a zombie, and he was also subjected to more than forty “electric shock” treatments. According to Dorothy Yates, even after those treatments, his memory contained very accurate recall of the events of November 20, 1963. Ralph Leon Yates passed away at Rusk Hospital on September 3, 1975, from congestive heart failure. He was only 39 years old.

Points of emphasis (bullets mine):

• Initially, a “frame up” of Oswald could not be more craftily staged. The location of the pickup (near Oswald’s boarding room), the drop off point, the curtain rod story, and the bizarre questions about the possibility of murdering the president—all point directly at Lee Oswald.
  • Or perhaps “directly at ONE of the Lee Oswalds,” because we know that Lee Oswald was at work in the building at the corner of Houston and Elm while this was happening.
  • He was also at work at the time of the restaurant incident, cited at 10:00 a.m.,
  • at the time of the Redbird Airport incident involving an Oswald “look-alike,”
  • as well as at the time when the Dallas Police were called because two men were aiming rifles over the wooden fence situated on the grassy knoll. They were alleged to be taking “target practice,” but by the time a Dallas

(cut)

Whoever made the statement “the truth shall set you free” never read or heard about Ralph Leon Yates. Then again, neither did the Warren Commission—at least not that we know of.

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3540-3543). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

Edited by Bill Fite
adding last comment

Nothing from Wikipedia on JFK or anything related two days before the assassination.  Unless you consider Peter Janey's Mary's Mosaic and this.

• The deathbed wish of Aldous Huxley, author of Brave New World, was honored by his wife Laura, who injected him with 200 micrograms of the hallucinogen LSD. The drug was delivered to her by recently fired Harvard University Professor Timothy Leary. Huxley would die two days later.[90]  

Shades of MKULTRA?  Traces of Gottlieb?

November 21, 1963, 2:00 a.m., CST—Dallas, Texas. “Shortly after 2:00 am (November 21) CIA asset Marita Lorenz [word missing in original] she saw Frank Fiorini Sturgis, E. Howard Hunt, Jack Ruby, and ‘Ozzie,’ (Lee Oswald) in a Dallas motel room.” (John Armstrong, Harvey and Lee: How the CIA Framed Oswald, p. 788)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3582). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

Brown goes on to doubt this actually happened.

November 21, 1963, a.m., CST—Dallas Police Headquarters, Dallas, Texas. “When Dallas Police communications coordinator Margie Barnes arrived at work she was surprised to find an unsolicited, and unexpected, invitation to the President’s luncheon at the Dallas Trade Mart. Margie’s job was to receive emergency calls and issue information directly to the police dispatch officer in the downtown division headquarters. She was privy to all police transmissions, and would have heard all communications regarding the murder of President Kennedy and Officer J.D. Tippit.

But when the President was shot, Margie Barnes was at the Trade Mart.” (John Armstrong, Harvey and Lee: How the CIA Framed Oswald, p. 788)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3583). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963—a.m., CST—Dallas, Texas. Several thousand “Wanted for Treason,” handbills, accusing President Kennedy of “treasonous activities.” The accusations ran from desertion of the freedom for Cuba movement, remaining in the Communist-controlled United Nations, allowing “anti-Christian rulings” by the Supreme Court, and even lying to the American people, including such items as his previous marriage and divorce. (Media sources, John F. Kennedy

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3584). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., CST—Texas School Book Depository, Dallas, Texas. Lee Oswald asked Wesley Frazier for a ride home on that Thursday, repeating a request of Wednesday, as he indicates he wants to get some “curtain rods.” (Testimony of Wesley Frazier, 2H 222)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3585). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., EST, the White House, Washington, D.C. President Kennedy meets briefly with the newly-appointed U.S. Ambassadors to Upper Volta and Gabon, two then-emerging African nations. Kennedy’s calendar for the day, prepared each day by his secretary, Evelyn Lincoln, noted the two appointments and then, “Trip to Texas.” (media sources)

In addition, the President would write personal letters to the families of five U.S. service personnel who had died in action (this is after the November 1, 1961, official body count for Vietnam was initiated). Kennedy Library staffers, when chatty, will tell visitors that President Kennedy wrote a personal letter to every such family. (Kennedy Library)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3591). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, time unstated, but prior to the President’s departure for Texas, EST—the White House. “Before leaving on his trip to Texas, President Kennedy, after being given a list of the most recent casualties in Vietnam, says to Assistant Press Secretary Malcolm Kilduff [Pierre Salinger was absent with the Cabinet in the Hawaii—Asia trip]: ‘After I come back from Texas, that’s going to change. Vietnam is not worth another American life.” (James W. Douglass, JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died & Why It Matters, p. xxx; comment is repeated and expanded upon in ibid., pp. 304--305).

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3591-3592). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, time unstated, Dallas, Texas. Captain Perdue W. Lawrence, Assistant in Charge of “Detail” submitted a type-written list of assigned officers for President Kennedy’s motorcade to Mr. J. E. Curry, Chief of Police. The key phrase prefacing the list of names is “The manpower used to handle these assignments will come from the traffic division and available Police Reserves. All personnel to be on assignment before 10:00 A.M. unless otherwise specified.” The President’s motorcade was protected only by the Traffic Division, and such reserves [unarmed] as could be made available. No additional officers from any other Bureau or Department were considered. 

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3592). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, 10:30 a.m., CST—and in the period following immediately thereafter—Dallas, Texas The earliest edition of the afternoon Dallas Times Herald is available, and it would be from that newspaper that the motorcade route would allegedly be learned.

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3594). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, 10:32 a.m. (time zone upon which the cited time is based is unknown) An American U-2 “spy plane” piloted by Captain Joe Hyde crashed into the Gulf of Mexico after flying a mission over Cuba. (National Archives)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3595). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, 10:45 a.m. EST, the White House, Washington, D.C. President Kennedy begins Texas trip by boarding a helicopter on the White House lawn. (Deposition of Kenneth P. O’Donnell, 7H 444) Testimony essentially agreed to by Lawrence O’Brien (Deposition of Lawrence F. O’Brien, 7H, 459) Evelyn Lincoln, General Ted Clifton, and three Secret Service S/As were aboard Presidential Helicopter number one when President Kennedy arrived with the almost-three year old John F. Kennedy, Jr., who was along for the ride. (media sources, John F. Kennedy Library, Library of Congress photo archives)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3596-3597). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, 11:00 a.m., CST—Grand Prairie, Texas. Charles Camplen and James F. Dale visited the Sports Drome Rifle Range and, in contrasting accounts DID or DID NOT view Lee Oswald taking target practice shortly after Lee Oswald had asked Wesley Frazier, miles away in downtown Dallas, for a ride out of town that day.

Camplen gave a strong account of a resemblance, and repeated it when shown Oswald’s “New Orleans” full-face mug shot. He estimated that “Oswald” was 32, not an unlikely estimate given the rapid deterioration of Oswald’s ‘do. Dale put the age at early 20s, “Oswald’s” weight at 185 pounds, and only saw a resemblance in the New Orleans profile mug-shot. Their accounts of the event also differ. Camplen told the FBI that he had spoken to “Oswald” in the range office, while Dale insisted they only saw him firing, and were never closer than

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3600). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, 1:00 p.m., CST. “Lyndon Johnson gets a haircut.” (William Manchester, The Death of a President; November 20—November 25, 1963, frontispiece) Note: It is not made clear why Lyndon Johnson got a haircut, why he needed one, or what bearing in any manner that this has to do with anything, but there it is. The skeptic could argue (and I shall), that Lyndon Johnson wanted to look tidy and spiffy for his swearing-in, sometime in the next twenty-four to thirty-six hours.

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3602). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, time unstated, but p.m., CST—Dallas, Texas. Eugene Hale Brading (a/k/a “Jim Braden”), having been given leave by his California parole officer to visit Houston, checks into suite 301 of the Cabana Hotel, adjacent to the Stemmons Freeway in downtown Dallas. (John F. “Jay” Harrison Genealogical Archives; also cited in Mark North, Act of Treason: The Role of J. Edgar Hoover in the Assassination of President Kennedy, p. 372)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3602). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963—time unstated, EST, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. U.S. Air Force Sergeant Robert G. Vinson, posted to NORAD Headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado, made a spur-of-the-moment trip to Washington seeking answers to why he had only reached the rank of sergeant after sixteen years in the Air Force (enlisted, age 18, c. 1945, 34 years of age at time of entry).

(Brown rejects the Vinson tale as he also rejects the Marita Lorenz statements concerning Sturgis & co and the Madeline Brown - Murchison party story that also occurs on this day)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3605). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, 1:45 p.m., CST—San Antonio International Airport, San Antonio, Texas. After the President’s arrival at San Antonio International Airport and the obligatory greetings and hand-shakes, the Connally-Yarborough rift exploded for all to see, as Yarborough, who had made comments about the feud on Air Force One would be told by Secret Service S/A Rufus Youngblood that he was to be in the Vice-President’s car in the San Antonio motorcade, but refused. He asked Representative Henry Gonzalez for a ride in the Congressional vehicle, and Gonzalez acceded to the Senator’s request. Connally, in the Presidential Lincoln, was unaware, but would have been pleased.

Johnson, with a glaring vacancy now in his vehicle, bore the brunt of the snub. (media sources) Note: The full meaning of the rift was ominous: Kennedy’s trip had been predicated upon healing the rift, not widening it. He had hoped that the headlines would focus on the crowd drawn by himself and Mrs. Kennedy, and NOT headlines about the rift deepening. Before the trip was over, Kennedy would have words with several people about fixing everything or else. The “or else” concerns were dealt with, sub-rosa, by President Johnson.

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3609-3610). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, 2:00 p.m., CST—San Antonio, Texas. President Kennedy and the accompanying Presidential Party tour Brooks Aerospace/Medical Center. At one point, one of the tour hosts invited Kennedy to see a special research area involving oxygen chambers. Kennedy, to the surprise of some, accepted, and, when viewing the apparatus, he asked Dr. B.E. Welch, “Apart from space research, there might be other medical implications here. Do you think your work might improve oxygen chambers for, say, premature babies?” “The scientist rather thought that it might.

Nevertheless the question puzzled him. He had been busy in his laboratory this past year and had rarely glanced at a newspaper. He wondered why the President should be concerned with infant mortality and why, as Kennedy turned for a final glance into the steel tank, his tanned face should seem so pensive.” (William Manchester, The Death of a President; November20—25, 1963, pp. 76-77)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (pp. 3611-3612). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963, time approximate, 6:30, prior to the Houston testimonial dinner for Congressman Albert Thomas—CST— Assassination chronicler William Manchester wrote of a blow-up between President Kennedy and Vice-President Lyndon Johnson, regarding the Johnson/Connally—Yarborough split in the Democratic Party.

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3624). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963—10:00 p.m., CST—Dallas Police Headquarters, Dallas, Texas. Will Fritz, Captain of Robbery and Homicide in the Dallas Police hierarchy, had been planning to have a police vehicle, loaded with armed officers, close to the President’s vehicle in the motorcade; at 10:00 p.m., he was notified by Chief Stevenson that those tentative plans had been changed and Fritz would be going to the Trade Mart. (Testimony of Will Fritz, 4H 203, 236)

Note: And the Secret Service would have never gone for the plan, either way.

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3642). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963—slightly after 11 p.m., CST—Ft. Worth, Texas. President Kennedy and his entourage arrived at the Texas Hotel in Fort Worth. (Testimony of Roy Kellerman, 2H 63) Corroborated by the deposition of Kenny O’Donnell, Special Assistant to the President. (Deposition of Kenneth P. O’Donnell, 7H 445)

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3655). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 21, 1963—approaching midnight, EST. As President Kennedy’s party was landing at Carswell Air Force Base outside of Fort Worth, Texas. Several cabinet members were en route to Tokyo, waiting to depart Honolulu. Remaining cabinet members in Washington were Robert Kennedy, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, Health, Education, and Welfare Secretary Celebrezze, and Postmaster General Gronouski.

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book I: Dynasty (p. 3656). Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

A couple more interesting items from the morning of the 22nd:

November 22, 1963, specifics as to time unstated; National Security Agency, Ft. Myers, Virginia. Lee Oswald’s name appeared—perhaps for the first time, but that cannot be known, on the NSA’s ‘rhyming dictionary,’ which was a list of names from other agencies, particularly the CIA and the FBI. (1) The list was made up of “people who represented a ‘threat to the internal security of the country,’ some because of ‘their training, violent tendencies and prominence in subversive activity.’ (2) Within NSA, the watch list was supervised by a CIA employee named Mabel Hoover. (3) FBI, CIA and NSA have all publicly denied that Oswald was on their lists. (4) The NSA material sent to the Warren Commission remains classified.” (Joan Mellen, A Farewell to Justice: Jim Garrison, JFK, and the Case That Should Have Changed History, pp. 177—178, citing Church Committee hearing documents)

Notes: (1) It seems almost too perfect a coincidence that Oswald’s name would appear on the day he would step onto the stage of history. This created a unique plausible deniability. ‘We knew about Oswald,’ the agencies would say, although they overlooked the opportunity to notify the Secret Service in Dallas.

And the name being there, of course, makes the arrested Oswald all the more guilty, and it could well be the hole card from Lyndon Johnson to Earl Warren instead of “39 million dead.” “Mr. Chief Justice, our NSA knew from the CIA and the FBI that Oswald had these violent tendencies; if that comes out, the nation will lose faith in those who protect it, and the world will laugh at us for generations because we missed this. It could have happened just that way—create the cover-up by creating the necessity FOR a cover-up.

(2) What makes the issue somewhat more obvious is the question of why, on November 22, Oswald would suddenly be viewed as a problem because of his training, his violent tendencies, or his prominence in subversive activities. What “training” happened between the time of his return from Russia and November 22, 1963 that would cause his name to be put on this list on that date? What ‘violent tendencies’? He was arrested once—when HE was hit, and he was court-martialed for pouring a drink on a sergeant. Was the drink ‘loaded’? And finally, what prominence in subversive activities? Oswald was a meek ‘yes man’ for his tenure at the Texas School Book Depository, going to work and doing his job, and going to Irving, Texas on most weekends. If he was doing anything else, that, too, has remained classified.

(3) A CIA employee is reviewing the NSA files. Who is watching the watchers?

(4) The denials by the three cited agencies make the charge all the more believable. Would anyone really expect any of those agencies to admit what they did?

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book II: Death . Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 22, 1963, a.m. hours, CST—Ft. Worth, Texas. Unlike the contemptuous welcome that was published in black borders in the Dallas Morning News, the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram proclaimed, “WELCOME, Mr. President.” (1) Photo chronicler Richard Trask noted that the front page was essentially a news collage, with the lettering, in white, printed against a darker backdrop of Ft. Worth at Night. Most of the coverage was of a positive nature, although the “Senator Ralph Yarborough and Governor John Connally political rift” (denied by Connally in his House Select Committee testimony) was noted. (Richard Trask, Pictures of the Pain: Photography and the Assassination of President Kennedy, p. 328)

(1) It needs to be added that the Dallas Times-Herald flatly refused to print the offensive material that Dallas Morning News editor Ted Dealey delighted in printing. Was it a coincidence that Kennedy was killed in ‘Dealey’ Plaza?

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book II: Death . Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

November 22, 1963, 7:30 a.m., CST—Dallas, Texas. At that precise hour, “Lee Oswald” and Buell Wesley Frazier are driving from Irving, Texas, to the Texas School Book Depository. At the very same moment, Lee Oswald was waiting for the Top 10 Record Shop to be opened [seemingly at an early hour for a record shop] by its owner, J.W. “Dub” Stark.

Once the record shop opened, Oswald entered the store and purchased a ticket for the Dick Clark show, “Caravan of Stars,” scheduled to perform at the Dallas Municipal Auditorium that evening. Stark noted (but not to the Warren Commission), that shortly after, Oswald returned and purchased another ticket. “During Oswald’s second visit Officer J.D. Tippit was in the store, but did not speak with Oswald.” (John Armstrong, Harvey and Lee: How the CIA Framed Oswald, p. 798; Armstrong cited as sources, Earl Golz, a highly reputable reporter who stayed with the Kennedy assassination case with passion for forty years afterward, as well as Dale Myers, who reported an interview with Stark. Myers, With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of J. D. Tippit, p. 57)

November 22, 1963, 10:09 a.m. CST—Dallas Police Department, Dallas, Texas. An unusual transmission shows up on the Dallas Police Department Radio Logs: “290, this is 260. They have removed these signs down on Houston between Main and Elm. Do you know anything about it?” (Dallas Police Radio Logs, November 22, 1963, Channel ONE, CE 705—Continued, 17H 390)

What signs? Were they motorcade, “detour” related? Or were unfriendly pickets prepared to serve as a distraction for more ominous deeds in that neighborhood?

November 22, 1963, 10:15 a.m., CST—Ft. Worth, Texas. Having returned from the breakfast, Mrs. Kennedy had some free time in the hotel suite and it was then, while the President was on the phone to “Cactus Jack” Garner, that she noticed it was furnished with expensive artwork: Monet, Picasso, Van Gogh, Prendergast, “and twelve other celebrated oil paintings, water colors, and bronzes.” The artwork had been made available for the one-night Presidential Suite by Mrs. J. Lee Johnson III, the wife of a Fort Worth Publisher. President Kennedy placed a telephone call to Mrs. Johnson to thank her. Jacqueline Kennedy took the phone from the President and told Mrs. Johnson, “They’re going to have a dreadful time getting me out of here with all these wonderful works of art. We’re both touched—thank you so much.” (William Manchester, The Death of a President; November 20—November 25, 1963, pp. 120-121)

November 22, 1963, 10:30 a.m. CST, Ft. Worth, Texas. In his final two hours as President, John F. Kennedy discusses the role of the Secret Service and the constant threat of assassination. Special Assistant to the President Kenny O’Donnell recalled, “The last conversation I had with him on that general topic was on the morning of the assassination….The conversation took place in his room, with Mrs. Kennedy and myself, perhaps a half hour before he left the Hotel Texas to depart for Carswell Air Force Base…he said that if anybody really wanted to shoot the President of the united States, it was not a very difficult job—all one had to do was get a high building some day with a telescopic rifle, and there was nothing anybody could do to defend against such an attempt on the President’s life.” (Deposition of Kenneth P. O’Donnell, 7H 456)

Note: Unstated in O’Donnell’s deposition (and that is the weakness of a deposition—it does not allow someone to ask why the topic of assassination came up in the first place) is the fact that the discussion came about only after Kennedy read page 14 of the Dallas Morning News, which, because Ted Dealey, the paper’s publisher, hated Kennedy, he gladly nominated the President (written as “Mr. Kennedy”)

November 22, 1963, 11:30 p.m., CST—time approximated from context—Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.

A Sheriff’s Department Affidavit notes that a woman named Julia Ann Mercer (1) wound up being stopped in traffic near the triple overpass, going west—the direction the subsequent motorcade would travel. The narrative, however, is confusing, because Mercer stated she was “at a point about 45 or r0 feet east of the overhead signs of the right entrance road to the overpass,” and there is no on-ramp to the Triple Underpass/Overpass. She went on to describe a white pick-up truck, with an air conditioning logo, parked, possibly with the passenger side wheels up on the curb. The driver of the vehicle “had on a green jacket, was a white male and about his 40’s [Mercer was 23, for reference] and was heavy set. I did not see him too clearly.” She would later add that he had light brown hair, and that she believed she could identify him. (2) A second man “was at the back of the truck and reached over the tailgate and took out from the truck what appeared to be a gun case. This case was about 8” wide at it’s [sic] widest spot and tapered down to a width of about 4” or 5”. It was brown in color and was about 3 ½ to 4 feet long. … He then proceeded to walk across the grass and up the grassy hill which forms part of the overpass. (3) She described this individual as a white male, “who appeared to be in his late 20’s or early 30’s and he was wearing a gray jacket, brown pants and plaid shirt as best as I can remember. I remember he had on some kind of a hat that looked like a wool stocking hat with a tassel in the middle of it. I believe that I can identify this man if I see him again.” There are then 45 characters of additional text “x-ed out.” (Statement of Julia Ann Mercer in Decker Exhibit 5323, 19H 453—543 passim)

(cut lots of discussion)

The traditional story is that those cited above were just herded, like scared teens at their first dance, to the Sheriff’s Office. But in the time between Mercer’s truck sighting and the time of the assassination, an hour one way or the other, she was many miles away. Again, the story is that she was found by police officers—she did not voluntarily return—and was taken back to give a statement, which is dated November 22, 1963. If this “taken back to give a statement” allegation is true, it tends to prove HER allegations, because it means that someone, most likely the driver of the truck, saw that she was taking in every detail, got her license plate number, and somebody went to a lot of trouble to track her down. More trouble, or more labor, in fact, than was expended in the efforts to investigate whether or not there were additional assassins involved in the murder of the President.

November 22, 1963, 12:15 p.m., CST—Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas. Dallas Traffic Officer J. B. Allen cited this moment as the onset of the epileptic seizure. “At approximately 12:15 p.m., a white male had an epileptic seizure on the west side, in front of the esplanade of the 100 block of North Houston Street. I administered first aid (1a, 1b) and returned to my assignment [Main and Houston] at approximately 12:25 p.m.” (2) (Commission Exhibit 1358, 22H 596—606)

(1) About the only first aid that can be administered to an epileptic, at least in my limited medical knowledge, is to make certain that the individual having the seizure does not swallow his tongue. This can be done with the use of a pencil, pen, or some similar object (a 4” barrel revolver is not recommended, on sanitary grounds), pressed atop the individual’s tongue to keep it in place.

(1b) Photographer James Altgens, who is not a medical doctor either, added a number of details regarding this event. Whereas this Chronology will note a virtual “security stripping,” as virtually all officers on corners rushed to attend the individual, Altgens stated, “It was a most unusual time because there was a civilian and a policeman that came to the fellow’s aid as he was rolling around, and they thought he was going to fall into the lagoon. [Only one officer…]

(cuts)

Yet the man walked away at the hospital, suggesting he was not even strapped to a gurney—THAT sounds very suspicious. (Quotations taken from interview of Altgens by Larry Sneed, in Larry Sneed, No More Silence: An Oral History of the Assassination of President Kennedy, pp. 42—43)

(2) Nobody seemed to question that the entire traffic—and security—patrols were away from their posts for ten of the fourteen minutes prior to the arrival of the President.

Edited by Bill Fite
added highlight

60 years today, and the murderous regime is still in situ and unaccountable.

My own personal opinion or "theory" from reading and discussions here primarily.  Somewhere about this time of the evening, maybe up to an hour later, more likely 2-3 hours earlier, sixty years ago someone told Jack Ruby you have to kill Lee Oswald. 

The mafia did not assassinate JFK, they did not have the power to cover it up or execute the assassination in the fashion it was done (e.g., not just selecting but developing Oswald into the Patsy he became).

JR was not a made member of the Italian/Sicilian mafia in the US.  He was Jewish, which they didn't accept.  But he did work for them, from his childhood in Chicago onward.  He understood the code of Omerta, if an order to kill someone is refused, watch friends and/or members of your family die before you know what is inevitably coming happens to you.

By the press conference that evening, 11'ish (?) JR was stalking LHO.  Acting like a reporter with a pad and pen in hand, climbing on a table to correct Henry Wade about the "Free Cuba Committee", with his pistol in his pocket he later admitted.  He continued to do so over Saturday until Sunday morning.  When he was allowed into the DPD basement by the DPD.  See the work of David Josephs in conjunction with John Armstrong on this. 

The CIA used the mafia in attempts to assassinate Castro.  JMO, they called on them to silence Oswald.

Who told JR he had to do this?  Just a maybe somewhat educated guess on my part.  Maybe Joe Civello or Joe Campisi on his behalf of Dallas?  Or Johnny Roselli on a national basis?  They were both from Chicago, JR was at the Tropicana in Vegas three days before, the other JR's home base in Vegas.

No.  Patriotic Jack Ruby walked down the ramp on behalf of Jackie and the kids. 

For what it's worth.

November 26, 1963.  Back to work, back to school, nothing to see here, carry on.

• All regularly-scheduled television programming resumed in the United States, after having been preempted since Friday afternoon for news coverage of, and tributes to, the late President Kennedy.[134] National network broadcasting of entertainment programs began at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time with Captain Kangaroo on CBS, local programs on ABC at 10:00, and the game show Word for Word on NBC at 10:30.
  • President Johnson issued National Security Action Memorandum 273 (NSAM 273), a modification of American policy in Vietnam. Although the memorandum had already been drafted by adviser McGeorge Bundy at the request of President Kennedy, Johnson added some modifications. Most notably, the memo "for the first time introduced the word 'win' into the U.S. objective".[135] The declaration read that "It remains the central object of the United States in South Vietnam to assist the people and Government of that country to win their contest against the externally directed and supported Communist conspiracy," which, one historian observes, "unmistakably obliged the United States to deeper responsibilities that would lead to war." [136]
  • The American satellite Explorer 18 was launched as a project to study the magnetic field around the Moon, using a package of instruments referred to as the "IMP" (Interplanetary Monitoring Platform).[137][138]
  • Jack Ruby was formally indicted by the grand jury of Dallas County, Texas, for the murder of Lee Harvey Oswald.[139] He would be found guilty of murder on March 14, 1964, and sentenced to be executed in the electric chair, though an appeals court would reverse the conviction in 1966 and remand the case for a second trial. Before he could be retried, Ruby would die from lung cancer on January 3, 1967.[140]
  • The U.S. Federal Reserve Bank began the removal of silver certificates from circulation, starting with the discontinuation of the one dollar notes.[141] After a dramatic increase in the U.S. Department of the Treasury's supply of silver dollars in one month, Secretary Douglas Dillon would announce on March 25, 1964, that the certificates would no longer be exchangeable for anything other than regular bills of the same denomination.[142]
  • During a meeting between U.S. President Johnson and Soviet Vice-Premier Anastas Mikoyan at the White House, made while Mikoyan was in town for John F. Kennedy's funeral, the President assured the Soviet envoy that the United States would not invade Cuba during his presidency. Two days later, however, Johnson instructed CIA Director John A. McCone to develop policies that were "more aggressive", including a possible May 30, 1964 invasion.[143]
  • Cuba issued Law 1129, directing all Cuban males between the age of 16 and 44 to register for military service, effective December 1.[144] Teenage boys would enter military schools beginning in April 1964.[145]
  • Big Butte School, in Butte, Montana, became the first of almost 1,000 schools to be renamed in honor of the late President.[146] Upon unanimous vote of the board for the school board district at a special meeting, the institution was rechristened as "John F. Kennedy Elementary School".[147]

• 2 weeks later...

December 5, 1963

• The Warren Commission met for the first time to begin its investigation into the assassination of United States President John F. Kennedy.[29] At the time, only 29% of Americans thought that the assassin acted alone.[30]

• The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) completed its investigation of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy less than two weeks after the crime, as Director J. Edgar Hoover approved the final report of the bureau inquiry. The FBI's conclusion was that Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby had each acted alone, and independently of each other.[34]
  • The principal of Woodland Elementary School in Woodland, Georgia, resigned after it was revealed that students at the school had cheered when they were given the news of the assassination of President Kennedy.[35]

December 6, 1963 (Friday)[edit]

• Two weeks after the assassination of President Kennedy, former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, her daughter Caroline and her son John, Jr., moved out of the White House shortly after noon. President Johnson and his wife, Lady Bird Johnson, had agreed that the Kennedy family could have as much time as they needed to pack up their belongings and move to a different home. Mrs. Kennedy and her children then moved into a townhouse in nearby Georgetown, loaned to them by Undersecretary of State W. Averell Harriman.[36] On their last full day in the White House, John Jr.'s birthday party, postponed because November 25 had been the day of his father's funeral, was celebrated. Caroline continued to attend her first grade class with friends at the White House until the end of the year, after which the school was disbanded.[37]