The Education Forum

Attempted Suspicion

There seems to be a troubling tendency to read A single Pro conspiracy book and when it resonates with us, we batten down the hatches and race ahead at flank speed.

Folks like John Newman worked for decades to polish, refine and reach his conclusions. I was at Brigham Young University on 11/22/63. I came home for lunch, turned on the TV so it could warm up-remember those days? Made myself some sandwiches and walked into the living room to be told JFK was dead. There were no assassination books back them, so I read th 26 volumes of the Warren Commission-ruining my gpa and it was clear based on the actual evidence available that it was clearly a conspiracy.

Maybe we should just take a deep breath and return to a careful study of things and holdup on forming an intellectual firing squad. People want to ignore me and frankly I don't care but I would just wish folks would be bit more thoughtful and slower to jump to conclusions.

Agreed. Years ago I happened upon a battered copy of ‘The Presidents Commission on The Assassination of President Kennedy - Report’ - a condensed 26 volumes? And it was unputdownable, any fool (me) could see it was a master class in buffoonery, and I got hooked. ‘Crossfire’ was next and that just fanned the flames……

21 minutes ago, Evan Marshall said:

There seems to be a troubling tendency to read A single Pro conspiracy book and when it resonates with us, we batten down the hatches and race ahead at flank speed.

Folks like John Newman worked for decades to polish, refine and reach his conclusions. I was at Brigham Young University on 11/22/63. I came home for lunch, turned on the TV so it could warm up-remember those days? Made myself some sandwiches and walked into the living room to be told JFK was dead. There were no assassination books back them, so I read th 26 volumes of the Warren Commission-ruining my gpa and it was clear based on the actual evidence available that it was clearly a conspiracy.

Maybe we should just take a deep breath and return to a careful study of things and holdup on forming an intellectual firing squad. People want to ignore me and frankly I don't care but I would just wish folks would be bit more thoughtful and slower to jump to conclusions.

I agree. I wrote my website for someone like myself, someone who was willing to swim through a lot of evidence and analysis. I am glad to see that has resonated with some.  But I have also been attacked numerous times by those who want to have an opinion on the case, who refuse to earn the right to have an opinion. I remember one character who told me if ANY conclusion took more than one sentence to explain then it wasn't worth reading, and that he thereby refused to read anything from my website, or by Weisberg, Lifton, Newman et al. There were just too many words.

21 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

Oh, no, no, no. No way. If you do not agree with my JFK assassination conspiracy theory, you are clearly a CIA/MIC infiltrator sent here to spread disinformation. Your gig is up. You have been uncovered. Confessssssssss!

On 5/15/2023 at 11:02 AM, Evan Marshall said:

Avoid conclusion prior to investigation.

Seconded.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

11 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Oh, no, no, no. No way. If you do not agree with my JFK assassination conspiracy theory, you are clearly a CIA/MIC infiltrator sent here to spread disinformation. Your gig is up. You have been uncovered. Confessssssssss!

I see the satire but.  I think this is against forum rules, inferring another member is an infiltrator.

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I see the satire but.  I think this is against forum rules, inferring another member is an infiltrator.

Oh, sheesh. Seriously? I was not "inferring" anything. FYI, "infer" means the opposite of "imply" or "hint." You know, "you imply and I infer"? And, no, I was not implying that another member is an infiltrator. Yes, obviously, I was being sarcastic, as you noted. 

When Niederhut posted his nutty accusation that I am an infiltrator, did you object to that? 

Edited by Michael Griffith