The Education Forum

NEW NIX FILM LEGAL BREAKTHROUGH

13 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

This is the only one related to the film I could find for now - dated 2017. I have not read it.

Jackson v. United States of America, 248 F. Supp. 3d 167 – CourtListener.com

That was the 2017 resolution of Nix Jackson's original case.  The court found that (1) she had failed to  fully pursue NARA before filing in court, and (2) the DC district court was the wrong venue.  Her recent filing remedies (2).

This case clearly complements the MFF lawsuit, a main argument of which is the malfeasance of NARA , as well as Biden and other agencies.  I hope Bill, Larry, and Ms. Jackson are talking.  

Take a minute and imagine if the camera original films of Nix, Darnell, and Wiegman can be gotten and enhanced.

Again, Ms. Jackson or anyone, do you have a link to the May11 filing? 

4 hours ago, Roger Odisio said:

That was the 2017 resolution of Nix Jackson's original case.  The court found that (1) she had failed to  fully pursue NARA before filing in court, and (2) the DC district court was the wrong venue.  Her recent filing remedies (2).

This case clearly complements the MFF lawsuit, a main argument of which is the malfeasance of NARA , as well as Biden and other agencies.  I hope Bill, Larry, and Ms. Jackson are talking.  

Take a minute and imagine if the camera original films of Nix, Darnell, and Wiegman can be gotten and enhanced.

Again, Ms. Jackson or anyone, do you have a link to the May11 filing? 

I checked on PACER and have only found the case number but no documents. 1:2023cv00704

UPDATE: I found it. Will post somewhere and provide link as it's behind a pay wall. Since I have to pay for these I will not be posting exhibits. Let me know if those are important to you.

Thar ya go.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h1AZFbxX4RK0mB_99dlCiEu5UFXg-aL2/view?usp=share_link

Edited by Bob Ness

Thank you, Bob, for posting the link.   Very informative 52-page document.

TLDR on the document is #128: "On information and belief NARA continues to possess the NIX film."

The document collaterally provides some interesting history, but my over-riding impression is the NIX film is a perfect storm of key evidence falling through cracks.   Sad for several reasons.

On 5/27/2023 at 7:37 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

I am impressed with The New York Post's coverage of the Nix film, and it treatment of the JFKA community. 

My understanding is that the New York Post is a rag publication, like the National Enquirer. If so, they publish articles for sensational purposes. Which is not bad I suppose, but for that reason not taken seriously.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

My understanding is that the New York Post is a rag publication, like the National Enquirer. If so, they publish articles for sensational purposes. Which is not bad I suppose, but for that reason not taken seriously.

The law suit over the Nix film has nothing to do with the NY Post.  They simply published a short, straightforward article about the suit. Try finding reporting about it in the MSM. Try reading the filing yourself to understand what the suit seeks to accomplish.

2 hours ago, Roger Odisio said:
4 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

2 hours ago, Roger Odisio said:

The law suit over the Nix film has nothing to do with the NY Post.

Yes, of course I know that. I was responding to what Ben Cole said. I'm sure he knows that too.

4 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Still ranks for sports in NY. I think most people in NY don't think much of it otherwise. I don't either. That said, the stories get picked up on various news aggregators so that's good.

6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

When the "rag" publication gives fair coverage and treatment of the JFKA, the Nix film,  and the JFK Records Act, and the so-called mainstream media does not...then what is a rag and what is not?

On 5/28/2023 at 9:41 AM, Gayle Nix Jackson said:

Hi Gayle. @Roger Odisio and I had an offline conversation regarding the film and I had a few suggestions I could forward along if you're interested.

Message me and I'll read you into the conversation offline.

BN

Chronology of the Nix film drawn from the legal filing; parentheses include bullet #'s from the legal filing:

12/6/1963 - Nix licenses his film to UPI for 25 years (#13)

1964 - Warren commission uses the Nix film (#17)

1968 - Clark Panel uses the Nix film (#18)

~April 4, 1978 - HSCA obtains the Nix film from UPI ( #20, #34, #39)

April 4, 1978 - HSCA takes film to (El Segundo) California for enhancement and examination by 3 organizations:
                Aerospace, Los Alamos and USC (#42, #43)

- First time that the "rifle man" is posited (#21)

Unknown time - In 2021 a representative of Aerospace asserted that the Nix film was returned to NARA rather than HSCA.  (#114)

-------------------------------

That last item could have been clearer in the legal filing.   I'd like to assume that Aerospace returned the film to NARA sometime proximal to the conclusion of the HSCA but #114 doesn't specify.

FWIW, it was 1988 (the end of the 25 year license) that the film's return was sought by the Nix family.  

• 2 months later...

Newsnation carried this story today.   Newsnation is the 4th biggest TV news network.   Of course, the presentation was high-level since most people are unaware that there is another JFK assassination film.   And they are certainly unaware of the related controversies.

The mildly amusing part is that I have the TV on as background and Newsnation teases something implying discovery of the "original" JFKA film.   And during commercial break I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what on earth the story could be.   I'm glad the Nix film story is getting media coverage, but I was of course disappointed the story wasn't even more explosive!

From listening to Groden in the below video, is it possible the Nix film was destroyed in one of the many bank vaults destroyed on Sept 11th 2001? Many original images of JFK were destroyed in one bank vault, as well as some JFK files in building 7. Just wonder if the Nix film was another victim of that day.

Edited by Gerry Down