The Education Forum

Al Pacino and John Travolta meet the Giancana Myth

11 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Get off the cross Mark. We need the firewood. (Note: comma intentionally left out to evoke more outrage).

For Jim's sake I'll stop after this, I have legit comments.  But comma what comma?  Amazing, spell check didn't suggest a correction.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Mob did it" angle is likely a diversion. 

That the CIA had the Mob instruct Ruby is possible. The two organizations were tight in the 1960s.

But the whole LHO backstory, trip to Russia, impersonation in Mexico City, the post-JFKA cover-up...way beyond the Mob.

Unfortunately, HSCA Counsel Robert Blakey was a mob-hunter before he took the HSCA post. Richard Sprague, highly regarded, somehow gets torpedoed. 

Blakey was naive, and he will tell you so today, for believing anything the CIA said. 

Did the CIA effectively plant Blakey at the HSCA? We know the CIA derailed the HSCA investigation into the CIA. 

Even so, Blakey concluded there had been a conspiracy to assassinate JFKA. That is the last official word on the topic. 

6 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

For Jim's sake I'll stop after this, I have legit comments.  But comma what comma?  Amazing, spell check didn't suggest a correction.

They're busy derailing the thread critiquing some grammatical errors in Jim's article. Hall monitors.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

"Nicoletti was in a car with patrolman J. D. Tippit and was screaming at Oswald to get in, but he did not."

Geez. Why aren't Mark, DVP and Brown  up in arms about this baloney?

I certainly agree with you on this one, Jim. It most definitely is baloney.

That's almost as bad as this theory (discussed at another forum), in which an outer-fringe conspiracy nutjob informed me that J.D. Tippit was really killed in Dealey Plaza, instead of on 10th Street, and that the "staged shooting" on Tenth Street came complete with "conspiracy-supplied witnesses".

As the years pass, the number of conspiracy-happy clowns with really oddball theories seems to grow and grow.

Edited by David Von Pein

7 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

They're busy derailing the thread critiquing some grammatical errors in Jim's article. Hall monitors.

Well, Jim seems to think we're movie critics. Personally, I'd prefer to suspend judgment until after I've watched it. It might still turn out to be a perfectly watchable counter-myth (to a counter-myth).

1 hour ago, Bob Ness said:
13 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Well, Jim seems to think we're movie critics. Personally, I'd prefer to suspend judgment until after I've watched it. It might still turn out to be a perfectly watchable counter-myth (to a counter-myth).

Anyone who can read both parts of that article and not see that its about a previous documentary, and that it examines theories put forth by people like Exner and in Double Cross  is putting us all on. And if you did not learn anything about Giancana and RFK then you are being deliberately obtuse.  

BTW, here is something that I was not aware of.  I had no idea the surveillance on Giancana was this total.

1. When Sam arrived at the airport they trailed him off the plane and drove home behind him.
  2. At night there were three cars around his house.
  3. He was followed while taking walks in the park.
  4. When Sam went to dinner they took the next table.
  5. If Sam got up from the table to go to the men’s room, Roemer went to the men’s room and was in the next urinal.
  6. When Sam went golfing, they were behind him in the next foursome.

I could go on, but this does not even include the electronic surveillance they had blanketed Giancana with. 

That electronic surveillance included four meeting places of Giancana.

RFK sent 65 more agents to Chicago.

IIRC, the FBi had even more places bugged that they did not wish to reveal.

Man, Sam could not move.

Thanks Jim, the articles are very informative to me at least.  I've never delved into Giancana.  Skipped Double Cross and more, because of your reviews and other comments.  Didn't know about The Don which sounds legit, worth reading.

Romer tailing him gets funny.  Getting the next table when he went out to eat.  Following him to the bathroom, the next urinal.  He couldn't take a piss without the FBI in his pocket.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Yes, Brashler's book is I think the best biography of Giancana.

Isn't that funny Ron.  

Sam goes to take a leak, they take a leak with him.

He goes golfing, they are in the group  behind him.  BTW, Roemer said that they would deliberately hit balls into Giancana's foursome.

Edited by James DiEugenio

8 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Yes, Brashler's book is I think the best biography of Giancana.

Isn't that funny Ron.  

Sam goes to take a leak, they take a leak with him.

He goes golfing, they are in the group  behind him.  BTW, Roemer said that they would deliberately hit balls into Giancana's foursome.

That's inexcusable.

Organized crime is one thing, but hitting golf balls into the foursome in front of you is downright uncivilized. :unsure:

36 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

That's inexcusable.

Organized crime is one thing, but hitting golf balls into the foursome in front of you is downright uncivilized. :unsure:

Not to detract from the serious aspects of the thread.  But I guess you've seen this before.

I agree William , gentlemen don't do things like that.  😇