The Education Forum

Underpass (JFK Assassination)

Yeah,I believe that a shot was fired near the underpass on the South Knoll side.

Too many damn shots that day.

By my count...there was 10 or 11 (most were silenced)

Didn't the Dallas police dispatcher say get someone on that overpass & see what happened?

Edited by Michael Crane

Michael, the Dallas police were under the jurisdiction of the Mayor of Dallas, who , at the time of  the Dealey Plaza  Operation, was Earle Cabell, who was a CIA asset and whose brother , Charles Cabell  worked for the CIA (A. Dulles).  Both A. Dulles and  Charles Cabell were fired by JFK for the BOP fiasco.  

I thought it was Chief Curry. Told people to get up towards the railroad yards. From Spartacus/Simkin

Dorothy Kilgallen later managed to obtain the Dallas Police Department radio logs for the day of the assassination. This revealed that as soon as the shots were fired in the Dealey Plaza, Curry issued an order to search the Grassy Knoll area. This contradicted what Curry had told reporters and the Warren Commission.

Edited by Benjamin Cole

Reportedly two officers at the north end stopping people from going up there.  But not clearing the overpass of railroad workers, and others (?), per Secret Service protocol (?).  Where was the SS on this, the TSBD, Dealy Plaza?

Edited by Ron Bulman