The Education Forum

The JFKA Records Suppression-- Should RFK, Jr. Criticize Donald Trump?

45 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

William,

You're still flailing about in the quagmire I see. 

Sure thing, John.  And you're still conversing with those little green men in your neighborhood, eh?  🤥

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@W. Niederhut thanks for your reply clarifying to me that u have compassion for RFK Jr. 

are u saying that RFK Jr has declined to criticize Trump when asked about the events u mentioned or are u saying ur disappointed that he has not voluntarily made those statements?  

44 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

@James DiEugenio I was going to ask u to request ur readers to contact the WH the express their outrage and to let him know his is going to pay a poltical price for cowering to the absurd claims of national security so glad ur doing this!!!

We are going to direct them to The White House and the Oversight Committee.

Did you ask Tunheim to write a reply to this crap?

We will print it at  K and K if he does.

You should ask him to hold a press conference and explain what an outrage this is.

For people who do not know, and very few people do, the CIA put together something called a Transparency Plan.

I am not kidding, I wish I was.

And now Biden has succumbed to this.  Which reverts the right to disclosure back to them.

Its almost like the JFK Collections Act and the ARRB never existed.

@James DiEugenio I had several  emails with Tunhem before the holiday about related matters but did not want to ruin his holiday with the news of the June 30th executive order. I will email him tomorrow along with RFK Jr with whom I have also been in contact about the upcoming oral argument. 

I sure as heck hope that RFK Jr talks about it in public.

4 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

@W. Niederhut thanks for your reply clarifying to me that u have compassion for RFK Jr. 

are u saying that RFK Jr has declined to criticize Trump when asked about the events u mentioned or are u saying ur disappointed that he has not voluntarily made those statements?  

Larry,

I was referring to RFK, Jr.'s townhall last Wednesday, in which he explicitly declined to criticize Donald Trump-- the man who organized slates of false Electors after the 2020 election, then orchestrated the January 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Congress.

Here's a link:  RFK Jr.: ‘I’m proud that President Trump likes me’ | The Hill

Let us clarify which William does not.

RFK jr. is running for the specific reason he thinks he has a better shot at beating Trump than Biden does.  And anyone can find that if they look at his interviews. 

Its the same reason that Teddy ran against Carter.  He did not think Carter could beat Reagan.  Tragically for us all, he was right.

What RFK Jr. is trying to do and he has been explicit about this it to unite as many people as he can as he thinks the body politic has become too polarized.  Which if anything, is an understatement.

I see now that William set this up as another way of attacking RFK Jr.  And presumably to take the heat off of Biden, even though it was Biden who essentially has cancelled the JFK Act by complying with what the CIA wanted done.

I mean whew.

Edited by James DiEugenio

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Sure thing, John.  And you're still conversing with those little green men in your neighborhood, eh?  🤥

William,

You don’t need to be a shrink of any kind to know that the families of JFK and RFK were deeply traumatised by the JFKA and RFKA – and further traumatised by other manifestations of the “Kennedy curse”.

The last thing any of these people need is the “help” of a psychiatrist who can’t even adhere to the rules of his own professional association, notwithstanding the intrinsic perversity of mainstream psychiatry.

The one Kennedy scion who least needs any such help is RFK Jr, since he has courageously confronted the terrible reality of the murders of his father and uncle and publicly declared his intention to seek justice in their respects.

The suggestion that RFK Jr needs the help of a shrink is utterly despicable. It typifies the worst kind of illogical and unethical psychobabble. What would such shrinkage entail? “Counselling” RFK Jr to be not courageous and to not acknowledge reality – in other words to be a coward and a l-i-a-r?

Perhaps you need to have a good chat with the little green men of your imagination. They might help you to think straight.

Edited by John Cotter

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

RFK jr. is running for the specific reason he thinks he has a better shot at beating Trump than Biden does.  And anyone can find that if they look at his interviews. 

Its the same reason that Teddy ran against Carter.  He did not think Carter could beat Reagan.  Tragically for us all, he was right.

What RFK Jr. is trying to do and he has been explicit about this it to unite as many people as he can as he thinks the body politic has become too polarized.  Which if anything, is an understatement.

I see now that William set this up as another way of attacking RFK Jr.  And presumably to take the heat off of Biden, even though it was Biden who essentially has cancelled the JFK Act by complying with what the CIA wanted done.

I mean whew.

This is absolutely clear to me too. RFK Jr is a United not a divider. I’m surprised that William wants Junior to publicly denounce Trump, when it’s clear that as a life long Democrat he is running for all Americans against fascism and demagoguery. He is absolutely right to take the political stance he does and not fall into the trap of negative campaigning. William, if people like you can get on board with his candidacy we have a chance. My friends and family would agree with you more than me, and that is a huge problem. Don’t be part of the ‘mass formation’ that is exerting so much negative energy. How many Ukrainians have to die before we seek peace? Did you really want this war to go forward? Why weren’t Zelensky and Putin allowed to come to an early agreement? Do we have to punish Putin with the bodies of Ukrainians? Can we not put ourselves in the shoes of our adversaries as RFK Jr exhorts us to do, calling on the souls of his father and uncle? Would the US allow our adversaries to have even one beachhead of nuclear arms in our hemisphere? Isn’t an imperfect peace better than war? Can we not stop the Pax Americana that JFK swore to quell? I know you posted this thread about Trump, but do you seriously believe that Junior does not agree with you? Why does he need to continue the public polarization when by his very act of running for the Democratic nomination already answer your question fully? 

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I mean whew.

Jim,

We can't "unite" our polarized country in a meaningful way by refusing to talk about the sociopathic Orange Elephant in America's political living room-- the right wing demagogue who organized slates of false Electors after the 2020 election, then orchestrated a violent attack on the U.S. Congress to block the certification of Biden's election.

As a historian, you know all about the problems that have resulted from America's failure to talk honestly about the Civil War, the "Lost Cause" mythology, the failure of Reconstruction, and Jim Crow.  We're still dealing with that failure in the U.S.

And, coincidentally, the Trump/MAGA movement today -- which is predicated on collective dishonesty and denial about Trump's crimes-- is strongly centered in the post-Confederate Deep South.

I understand that RFK, Jr. doesn't want to alienate the Trump cult, but decent, honest people need to speak up about the disaster of Trumpism.

(And I do believe that RFK, Jr. is decent, honest, and concerned about the public welfare.)

34 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Jim,

We can't "unite" our polarized country in a meaningful way by refusing to talk about the sociopathic Orange Elephant in America's political living room-- the right wing demagogue who organized slates of false Electors after the 2020 election, then orchestrated a violent attack on the U.S. Congress to block the certification of Biden's election.

As a historian, you know all about the problems that have resulted from America's failure to talk honestly about the Civil War, the "Lost Cause" mythology, the failure of Reconstruction, and Jim Crow.  We're still dealing with that failure in the U.S.

And, coincidentally, the Trump/MAGA movement today -- which is predicated on collective dishonesty and denial about Trump's crimes-- is strongly centered in the post-Confederate Deep South.

I understand that RFK, Jr. doesn't want to alienate the Trump cult, but decent, honest people need to speak up about the disaster of Trumpism.

(And I do believe that RFK, Jr. is decent, honest, and concerned about the public welfare.)

Junior did in fact reference the Civil War and how we are steal dealing with it. He is on the right track and understands the great divide. But we should bear in mind that the people he is talking to when he goes on Fox etc are mostly decent people who are up against huge odds given the dearth of support they get from government due to the enormous Pentagon permanent war budget, and many of them know this. It’s easy for the privileged to forget that or to truly know how they feel. When Trump harnesses that feeling by blaming liberal elites he fans the flames of division. Junior is trying to set the record straight on who the actual enemy is. 

Paul:

This is why Bobby went up to San Francisco amid the worst district there, which I think is called Tenderloin.

He said, instead of spending 150 billion on Ukraine, let us stop spending it there and bring it home and try and cure the homeless problem.

I thought that and his peace speech were pretty effective.  I also liked his News Nation interview, during which he sustained hostile questioning from Vega just about all night.