The Education Forum

The JFKA Records Suppression-- Should RFK, Jr. Criticize Donald Trump?

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

What a ridiculous thread this turned out to be.

The idea that somehow Bobby Kennedy haas to scream at Trump over the JFK Records Act, when, in fact, he is the only candidate who has even talked about the issue?

While Joe Biden has now turned out the lights on the JFK Act before it was completed.

And surrendered to a CIA Transparency Plan.

I think William posed the thread this way in order to disguise what Biden just did.

Jim,

You're simply wrong on this one.  My main thesis on this thread is that the suppression of the JFK records by the White House has been a bipartisan fiasco.  Let's stop pretending that it's partisan.

As much as Ben Cole and the closet Trumpsters want to use the records suppression to repeatedly attack Biden-- while simultaneous pushing the false narrative that Trump is a victim of the Deep State-- the fact remains that Trump, himself, blocked the release of the records in 2017, when they were, at long last, supposed to be released to the public.

Secondary issues that I have raised are RFK, Jr.'s odd reticence about Trump's historic crimes and misconduct, and some observations and hypotheses about RFK, Jr.'s traumatic loss of his father at age 14.

To my knowledge, no one else on the forum has previously raised the issue of RFK, Jr.'s serious childhood and teen traumas, and their sequelae.  I have been curious about the subject ever since I studied the RFK, Jr. interviews in your documentary JFK Revisited.  You, yourself, have not commented on that thread subject.

As for John Cotter's truly absurd, ad hominem diatribes about psychiatry, I have now taken the time to explain his misconceptions in two detailed posts.   All to no avail.

In Cotter's latest diatribe he even implies that we nefarious psychiatrists subject our hapless victims to involuntary psychotherapy!  It's laughable... 

During my psychiatric career, I occasionally had to seek court orders for involuntary hospitalizations and, more rarely, the involuntary use of anti-psychotic medications, but I can assure you and John Cotter that I never sought, nor obtained, a court order for psychotherapy!  (I'm picturing myself forcefully saying to a patient in restraints, "Tell me about your mother!")  🙄

P.S.  I see that Cory Santos "agrees" with your (above) inaccurate comment about this thread.

Santos is the guy who recently excoriated Joe Biden, while curiously praising "Mr. George Bush of the CIA" for signing the JFK Records Act-- then neglected to answer my question about GHWB's signing statement claiming that the POTUS did not have to comply with the statues of the Act.

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RFK Jr.: ‘It’s Very Disturbing’ That Biden Refused to Release More JFK Assassination Docs--The Messenger

Biden agreed to make public a majority of assassination records, but thousands remain secret six decades later

Published 07/04/23 06:51 PM ET|Updated 07/04/23 07:19 PM ET

Marc Caputo

https://themessenger.com/news/rfk-jr-its-very-disturbing-that-biden-refused-to-release-more-jfk-assasination-docs

This is a new news service.  

Interesting. 

Ben,

Please spam your own redundant, daily anti-Biden threads.

This rare thread is about RFK, Jr. and Trump-- the right wing felon RFK, Jr. doesn't dare criticize.

Edited by W. Niederhut

@W. Niederhut i dont know if people are denying the withholding of JFK records is a bipartisan effort. After the ARRB went out of business, the remaining postponed records were to undergo "periodic review" until 2017. Virtually nothing was done under Bush and Obama first term. A modest number of records were released around the 50th anniversary.

The 2017 deadline occured during Trump's administration. He unlawfully postponed twice and while disappointed,  we really werent surprised given his personality. When he said he would release the records In October 2017, he had no idea that a memo was already being circulated to postpone their release. The great negotiator was played by his own security advisors.   

Trump's postponement dated came up under Biden's watch.  He has postponed the records three times.  we expected much more from Biden and thus are deeply disappointed.  To be fair to Biden, though, more records have been released even in redacted form than were disclosed under Trump.   

Biden has a bust in his office of one of the bravest men in our country's history-RFK- who took on the mafia knowing the risks and likely died because of his efforts. But Biden has fallen well short of RFK. Instead, he has taken a knee to the outrageous claims of the national security bureaurcacy that the remaining records pose such a risk to national security that they cannot be released. 

So i agree with you this is a bipartisan problem. But from a pure legal standpoint, we could not  sue Trump b/c he is no longer president. The court could not order him to do anything since he no longer has the power to release the records or order new searches.  So we had no recourse but to sue Biden to try to stop this maddness. 

8 hours ago, John Cotter said:

So, according to you, Sandy, Joseph Biden never lies.

I don't believe Biden never lies. But I believe he's quite honest about his take on the issues and what he wants to accomplish as a politician.

Are you so incurably wedded to the mainstream Democratic Party, that you’re blinded to reality?

I'm not blinded to reality, but rather enlightened by it

I grew up in Utah, possibly the most conservative/Republican state in the U.S. Naturally I was greatly influenced by those around me, and so I was also a Republican.

Over the decades I repeatedly saw that the Republican Party favored the rich over the poor. Opposite of the Democrats. Beginning around the year 2000, I noticed that Republican politicians had to lie more and more in order to get enough people to vote against their own interests, in order for Republicans to remain in power.

The MAGA movement took their lying to to such an extreme level that they had to call real news "fake news."

I switched parties in the 1990s, but I've kept an eye on the Republicans and I know how much worse they've become.

Is that why you’re saying RFK Jr should do things which would almost certainly result in the failure of his presidential campaign?

I'm holding RFK Jr. to the same standard that I've held all other presidential candidates.

8 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I didn't notice William using words for RFK Jr.'s diagnosis that could be construed as meaning "madman" or a "diabolical diagnosis." Could you point that out to me?

I've substantiated everything I've said by logic and facts, Sandy. 

I can't force you to see what you don't want to see.

Okay, so William didn't say what you accused him of saying. Gotcha!

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

Please spam your own redundant, daily anti-Biden threads.

This rare thread is about RFK, Jr. and Trump-- the right wing felon RFK, Jr. doesn't dare criticize.

If you wish to enforce conformity, then place this post in the appropriate water cooler section. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

If you wish to enforce conformity, then place this post in the appropriate water cooler section. 

Ben,

Your redundant anti-Biden spam threads should all be moved to the MAGA Water Cooler.

7 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Okay, so William didn't say what you accused him of saying. Gotcha!

Actually, you missed by a country mile.