The Education Forum

The JFKA Records Suppression-- Should RFK, Jr. Criticize Donald Trump?

9 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

[William,] Your description of Trump is your opinion, and RFK Jr. may not share your opinion. I do not share your opinion either. 

William's description of Trump as stated above is freaking correct. Smart people who are ignorant of this fact are so because they rely on MAGA false information and news.

9 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

There is an Operation Mockingbird meme going around about connections among white supremacists, Trump and RFK Jr.  

This meme is beneath contempt.

Trump owns the white supremacists because of the lead role he played in the Birther Movement.... claiming that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. I'll never forget when Trump claimed that his investigators in Hawaii would soon be producing proof of this claim. Which of course never happened.

This and the other things William mentioned are the sorts of things RFK Jr. should be calling Trump out for. The unification of the Left and today's Right is not something for the Left to aspire to.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

William's description of Trump as stated above is freaking correct. Smart people who are ignorant of this fact are so because they rely on MAGA false information and news.

Trump owns the white supremacists because of the lead role he played in the Birther Movement.... claiming that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. I'll never forget when Trump claimed that his investigators in Hawaii would soon be producing proof of this claim. Which of course never happened.

This and the other things William mentioned are the sorts of things RFK Jr. should be calling Trump out for. The unification of the Left and today's Right is not something for the Left to aspire to.

So you want RFK Jr to commit political suicide.

Edited by John Cotter

John,

I didn't take the time yesterday to respond to your second inaccurate, ad hominem t-r-o-l-l post on this thread, because I didn't want to play along with your persistent hijacking of this thread about RFK, Jr. and Trump-ism.

But I do want to, once again, correct your erroneous comments-- not that I expect you to learn anything.

It's impossible to educate people who are firmly convinced of their own erudition.

We have witnessed the same problem with your persistent delusions about immunology, vaccines, and the "horrors" of liberal democratic "full spectrum dominance" in the G-7.

My responses are in red.

John Cotter wrote:

William,

You don’t need to be a shrink of any kind to know that the families of JFK and RFK were deeply traumatised by the JFKA and RFKA – and further traumatised by other manifestations of the “Kennedy curse”.

Newsflash, Dr. John.   The world is full of traumatized people who have never worked through their PTSD and grief.  Most people have a great deal of resistance to treatment and working through-- so they remain chronically fixated at various stages of unresolved grief.

How would you, with your great wisdom, assess RFK, Jr.'s own stage of working through the loss of his father at 14?

How would you assess his progress in treatment?

The last thing any of these people need is the “help” of a psychiatrist who can’t even adhere to the rules of his own professional association, notwithstanding the intrinsic perversity of mainstream psychiatry.

Sure thing, Dr. John.  Nor do these people need effective vaccines during deadly pandemics, eh?

Meanwhile, you're still, apparently, fixated on the moronic Goldwater Rule as a valid standard of malpractice?

The one Kennedy scion who least needs any such help is RFK Jr, since he has courageously confronted the terrible reality of the murders of his father and uncle and publicly declared his intention to seek justice in their respects.

Thanks for your expert opinion, Dr. John.  My impression is that RFK, Jr. has never worked through his grief about his father's murder.  He is fixated at the anger stage of unresolved grief, which is typically a defense against experiencing the vulnerability and sadness that leads to true resolution.

The suggestion that RFK Jr needs the help of a shrink is utterly despicable. It typifies the worst kind of illogical and unethical psychobabble. What would such shrinkage entail? “Counselling” RFK Jr to be not courageous and to not acknowledge reality – in other words to be a coward and a l-i-a-r?

This ranks as one of the most ignorant, inaccurate comments I have ever encountered on the Education Forum.

The resolution of RFK, Jr.'s PTSD isn't about "counseling" and advice, other than helping him circumvent his resistance to feeling sad and vulnerable.  It's about abreaction and emotional working through.

Perhaps you need to have a good chat with the little green men of your imagination. They might help you to think straight.

Conversing with your little green men, obviously, hasn't helped you think straight, Dr. John.

So, I'll eschew your latest psychiatric advice.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

John,

I didn't take the time yesterday to respond to your second inaccurate, ad hominem t-r-o-l-l post on this thread, because I didn't want to play along with your persistent hijacking of this thread about RFK, Jr. and Trump-ism.

But I do want to, once again, correct your erroneous comments-- not that I expect you to learn anything.

It's impossible to educate people who are firmly convinced of their own erudition.

We have witnessed the same problem with your persistent delusions about immunology, vaccines, and the "horrors" of liberal democratic "full spectrum dominance" in the G-7.

My responses are in red.

John Cotter wrote:

William,

You don’t need to be a shrink of any kind to know that the families of JFK and RFK were deeply traumatised by the JFKA and RFKA – and further traumatised by other manifestations of the “Kennedy curse”.

Newsflash, Dr. John.   The world is full of traumatized people who have never worked through their PTSD and grief.  Most people have a great deal of resistance to treatment and working through-- so they remain chronically fixated at various stages of unresolved grief.

How would you, with your great wisdom, assess RFK, Jr.'s own stage of working through the loss of his father at 14?

How would you assess his progress in treatment?

The last thing any of these people need is the “help” of a psychiatrist who can’t even adhere to the rules of his own professional association, notwithstanding the intrinsic perversity of mainstream psychiatry.

Sure thing, Dr. John.  Nor do these people need effective vaccines during deadly pandemics, eh?

Meanwhile, you're still, apparently, fixated on the moronic Goldwater Rule as a valid standard of malpractice?

The one Kennedy scion who least needs any such help is RFK Jr, since he has courageously confronted the terrible reality of the murders of his father and uncle and publicly declared his intention to seek justice in their respects.

Thanks for your expert opinion, Dr. John.  My impression is that RFK, Jr. has never worked through his grief about his father's murder.  He is fixated at the anger stage of unresolved grief, which is typically a defense against experiencing the vulnerability and sadness that leads to true resolution.

The suggestion that RFK Jr needs the help of a shrink is utterly despicable. It typifies the worst kind of illogical and unethical psychobabble. What would such shrinkage entail? “Counselling” RFK Jr to be not courageous and to not acknowledge reality – in other words to be a coward and a l-i-a-r?

This ranks as one of the most ignorant, inaccurate comments I have ever encountered on the Education Forum.

The resolution of RFK, Jr.'s PTSD isn't about "counseling" and advice, other than helping him circumvent his resistance to feeling sad and vulnerable.  It's about abreaction and emotional working through.

Perhaps you need to have a good chat with the little green men of your imagination. They might help you to think straight.

Conversing with your little green men, obviously, hasn't helped you think straight, Dr. John.

So, I'll eschew your latest psychiatric advice.

William,

Thanks for again validating what I said by more of your ad hominem drivel vis-à-vis both RFK Jr and me.

You’ve again failed to logically refute any of RFK Jr’s political views, including his stance on vaccines which he explained in that video I posted upthread.

Instead, you persist in flouting the rules of your professional association and abusing your role as a psychiatrist by attacking RFK Jr personally in stigmatising him as “mentally ill”.

This again illustrates psychiatry professor Thomas Szasz’s point that a modern psychiatrist can “diagnose” anything as symptomatic of “mental illness”. Thus, all the good work RFK Jr has done and proposes to do can be dismissed as, effectively, the tomfoolery of a madman.

Anyone who cannot see the utter depravity and absurdity of such a diabolical “diagnosis” is either an institutional psychiatrist or a useful idiot brainwashed by authoritarian mumbo jumbo.

@John Cotter I went to a therapist for decades. I was very fortunate I had the luxury to afford it. I learned incredible insights about myself, human behavior and people skills. I didnt "need" to go. It was an investment in myself so i could be the best version of myself. So it is not despicable for @W. Niederhut to suggest RFK Jr or any of his siblings could have benefitted from therapy. -IMHO

27 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

@John Cotter I went to a therapist for decades. I was very fortunate I had the luxury to afford it. I learned incredible insights about myself, human behavior and people skills. I didnt "need" to go. It was an investment in myself so i could be the best version of myself. So it is not despicable for @W. Niederhut to suggest RFK Jr or any of his siblings could have benefitted from therapy. -IMHO

Lawrence,

Your reply is a strawman argument.

Thomas Szazs has pointed out the crucial distinction between contractual psychiatry and institutional psychiatry. 

The former is where someone who feels distressed by the vicissitudes of life, is interested in self-exploration, or even just curious about the "psychotherapeutic" process, decides voluntarily to consult a therapist. This is perfectly legitimate and rational.

The latter is where other people or an institution has decided that someone needs "psychotherapy" and that person is legally compelled to comply with that decision on pain of being penalised for non-compliance.

Clearly, your situation was contractual, not institutional. 

The situation whereby William has taken it upon himself to "diagnose" RFK Jr without the latter's knowledge or consent is fundamentally different. For that and other reasons, William's professional association, the American Psychiatric Association, deemed it impermissible and explicitly prohibited it under the so-called Goldwater rule.

Have you not read my previous posts on this thread about this?

Edited by John Cotter

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I want RFK Jr. to be honest. Just like Joe Biden was and is honest as a candidate. If RFK Jr. cannot be elected as an honest man, so be it.

Sandy,

You seem to have never read the very entertaining and enlightening book by Leslie Sharp titled Born L-iars and subtitled Why We Can’t Live Without Deceit. The following blurb at the back of the book is an accurate synopsis of the book’s theme:

“In Born L-iars, Ian Leslie takes the reader on an exhilarating tour of ideas that explores the role played by lies – both black and white – in our childhoods, our careers, and our health, as well as in advertising, politics, sport and war.

“Drawing on thinkers as varied as Augustine, Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud and Joni Mitchell, the author argues that, far from being a bug in the human software, lying is central to who we are; that we cannot understand ourselves without first understanding the dynamics of deceit.”

So, according to you, Sandy, Joseph Biden never lies. Do you think he got to where he is in the dirty game of politics (or indeed life itself) by never lying? Are you so incurably wedded to the mainstream Democratic Party, that you’re blinded to reality?

Is that why you’re saying RFK Jr should do things which would almost certainly result in the failure of his presidential campaign?

Edited by John Cotter

10 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

This again illustrates psychiatry professor Thomas Szasz’s point that a modern psychiatrist can “diagnose” anything as symptomatic of “mental illness”. Thus, all the good work RFK Jr has done and proposes to do can be dismissed as, effectively, the tomfoolery of a madman.

Anyone who cannot see the utter depravity and absurdity of such a diabolical “diagnosis” is either an institutional psychiatrist or a useful idiot brainwashed by authoritarian mumbo jumbo.

John,

I didn't notice William using words for RFK Jr.'s diagnosis that could be construed as meaning "madman" or a "diabolical diagnosis." Could you point that out to me?

6 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

John,

I didn't notice William using words for RFK Jr.'s diagnosis that could be construed as meaning "madman" or a "diabolical diagnosis." Could you point that out to me?

I've substantiated everything I've said by logic and facts, Sandy. 

I can't force you to see what you don't want to see. 

5 hours ago, John Cotter said:

So you want RFK Jr to commit political suicide.

John Cotter of Ireland believes that a candidate running for the Democratic nomination would be committing "political suicide" if he told the truth about Trump and criticized him.

uh huh.

54 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

John Cotter of Ireland believes that a candidate running for the Democratic nomination would be committing "political suicide" if he told the truth about Trump and criticized him.

uh huh.

That's not quite accurate, Matt. 

He would be committing political suicide if he didn't conform to the authoritarian norms of the mainstream Democratic Party, which includes a Manichean depiction of Trump as the devil incarnate. 

Bernie Sanders was shafted because he didn't conform to those authoritarian norms.

The chief concern of the mainstream Democratic Party is to keep the US political Punch and Judy show on the road and thus keep the masses distracted from the reality of the militaristic plutocracy which disempowers and impoverishes them.

Edited by John Cotter

What a ridiculous thread this turned out to be.

The idea that somehow Bobby Kennedy haas to scream at Trump over the JFK Records Act, when, in fact, he is the only candidate who has even talked about the issue?

While Joe Biden has now turned out the lights on the JFK Act before it was completed.

And surrendered to a CIA Transparency Plan.

I think William posed the thread this way in order to disguise what Biden just did.

24 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

What a ridiculous thread this turned out to be.

The idea that somehow Bobby Kennedy haas to scream at Trump over the JFK Records Act, when, in fact, he is the only candidate who has even talked about the issue?

While Joe Biden has now turned out the lights on the JFK Act before it was completed.

And surrendered to a CIA Transparency Plan.

I think William posed the thread this way in order to disguise what Biden just did.

Agreed. 

What does Op Mock want to do?

Discredit RFK Jr. (to put it mildly). 

By linking him with white supremacists...yes. Calling him a conspiracy nut? Yes. 

Also, by splitting off his populist support ? Yes. 

RFK Jr. knows there were Donk-intel-state machinations against Trump.  The intel-state, when convenient, will link arms with one party of another---that party then becomes useful idiots for a while (or witting accomplices). 

Ponder what happened to President Carter. 

I do not think moderators should refer to commenters who have different views on Trump as "ignorant."  

RFK Jr. does not want to alienate the large populist base in the US. A base with many legitimate grievances. 

RFK Jr. strikes me as highly intelligent, articulate and aware...much more so than present options. 

As for honesty in government----this is the EF-JFKA, and Biden has just done an illegal snuff job on the JFK Records, and called it "transparency," with full Donk-state complicity. 

If that is honest, then I want RFK Jr.'s brand of dishonesty. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole