The Education Forum

FINALLY, PROOF: Charles Tracy Barnes was the CIA Chief of Domestic Operations Division, Support!

For well over thirty years now, researchers have been diligently trying to verify bonafides, in regards to claims made in Robert D. Morrow's controversial book, "First Hand Knowledge: How I Participated in the CIA-Mafia Murder of President Kennedy."

One of the most controversial, was the claim that Charles Tracy Barnes, formerly Deputy Director of the Psychological Strategy Board during the Korean War and CIA Special Assistant for Paramilitary & Psychological Operations during the Guatemalan coup d'état (cryptonym PBSUCCESS) was, by 1962, commander of a highly illegal branch of CIA called Domestic Operations Division, which was tasked with supporting the Directorate of Plans in covert operations that were active within the continental United States (sometimes under the designation OOA or "...Other Operational Activities..." in support of DDP).

Well, now we have the documented proof:

image.jpeg.27ce4a6ec00bdfdeae4d83f48bb2f4c7.jpeg

The above document states the following:

QUOTE—

"...REF: Memo 11/15/62 from D/Sec to C/DODS in Subj file On above date Joseph Murphy, Security Officer, DODS, advised that subject is considering filing an appeal from the security disapproval date of 11/15/62 for his wife to accept employment with (Spanish Embassy) Mr. Murphy requested advice as to procedure in filing an appeal. I suggested the, if subject had any justification not previously submitted to Security, a second request would be considered by this Branch, but that, if subject was filing an appeal with no additional justification, the appeal should be submitted thru Chief, DODS, and should reflect the views of Tracy Barnes. Subject has discussed his request with Mr. Barnes and may want to contact someone in Security above the Branch level..."

—END QUOTE

So, when Chief, Reports & Publications, Domestic Operations Division, Support, Directorate of Plans, (C/R&P/DODS/DD/P), Everette Howard Hunt Jr. was whining and moaning to CIA Office of Security about his wife not being able to get a job with CIA in the Madrid, Spain US Embassy, this hand-written memo was generated, giving us the first documented evidence anywhere, that Charles Tracy Barnes' official job title in 1962 was, "...Chief, Domestic Operations Division, Support..."

And if CIA officialdom was behind the murder of President Kennedy, now we have a prime candidate for project manager, so to speak...

...perhaps Tracy Barnes really is Milice françaiseOrganisation secrète d'action révolutionnaire nationale terrorist Jean-Pierre Lafitte's "...well connected T..."

Edited by Robert Montenegro

• Robert Montenegro changed the title to FINALLY, PROOF: Charles Tracy Barnes was the CIA Chief of Domestic Operations Division, Support!
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

For well over thirty years now, researchers have been diligently trying to verify bonafides, in regards to claims made in Robert D. Morrow's controversial book, "First Hand Knowledge: How I Participated in the Cia-Mafia Murder of President Kennedy."

One of the most controversial, was the claim that Charles Tracy Barnes, formerly Deputy Director of the Psychological Strategy Board during the Korean War and CIA Special Assistant for Paramilitary & Psychological Operations during the Guatemalan coup d'état (cryptonym PBSUCCESS) was, by 1962, commander of a highly illegal branch of CIA called Domestic Operations Division, that was tasked with supporting the Directorate of Plans in covert operations that were taking place within the continental United States.

QUOTE—

"...REF: Memo 11/15/62 from D/Sec to C/DODS in Subj file On above date Joseph Murphy, Security Officer, DODS, advised that subject is considering filing an appeal from the security disapproval date of 11/15/62 for his wife to accept employment with (Spanish Embassy) Mr. Murphy requested advice as to procedure in filing an appeal. I suggested the, if subject had any justification not previously submitted to Security, a second request would be considered by this Branch, but that, if subject was filing an appeal with no additional justification, the appeal should be submitted thru Chief, DODS, and should reflect the views of Tracy Barnes. Subject has discussed his request with Mr. Barnes and may want to contact someone in Security above the Branch..."

—END QUOTE

So, when Chief, Reports & Publications, Domestic Operations Division, Support, Directorate of Plans, (C/R&P/DODS/DD/P), Everette Howard Hunt Jr. was whining and moaning to CIA Office of Security about his wife not being able to get a job with CIA in the Madrid, Spain US Embassy, this hand-written memo was generated, giving us the first documented evidence anywhere, that Charles Tracy Barnes' official job title in 1962 was, "...Chief, Domestic Operations Division, Support..."

And if CIA officialdom was behind the murder of President Kennedy, now we have a prime candidate for project manager, so to speak...

...perhaps Tracy Barnes really is Milice françaiseOrganisation secrète d'action révolutionnaire nationale terrorist Jean-Pierre Lafitte's "...well connected T..."

@Robert Montenegro Barnes remains the prime candidate for Lafitte's "T." Without doubt, your research strengthens the argument.

Other candidates under consideration while Hank was alive included J. Walton Moore whose good friend Col. Lawrence Orlov appears in the Lafitte datebook.  Hank and I contemplated that Moore as COS Dallas was T, responsible for an operational structure not dissimilar to QJ/WIN or WI/Rogue organized for the one off Lancelot Project — the plan to assassinate Kennedy in Dallas where Moore was based and where Orlov engaged in the oil business. In short, there was more than one T functioning from early 1963 through November.

Another candidate was Birch Dilworth O'Neal, for reasons I won't elaborate on in this thread lest it detracts from Robert's brilliant research.

Lastly, Hank left me with notes to pursue clues to Ukraine connections to the Dallas hit, specifically Gen. Charles Willoughby's close ties to OUN leader Jarslov Stetzco. So we went in search, and have since pursued a number of avenues including one Steve Tanner who was among the first two hundred OSS recruits, and responsible for Eastern European ops to infiltrate Ukrainian solders into Soviet Russia.  Tanner is identified in Otto Skorzeny's private papers as revealed by Major Ralph Ganis in "The Skorzeny Papers," and according to Ralph, Steve and Otto formed a lifelong friendship. In a classic incident of "high strangeness and synchronicity" that followed Albarelli around, Tanner retired to a lake resort less than an hour's drive from Pierre Lafitte's last residence.

For these reasons, Hank decided that Alan Kent's thorough analysis and convincing argument: Tracy Barnes was a pivotal character in the plot and Lafitte identified him, for some unknown reason, simply as T, (likely because he had been knows as Trick among agent comrades for years) — would be presented in essay form as a stand-alone document in the appendix of Coup. He considered this investigation a "work in progress," and anticipated precisely what unfolds here and on other venues in pursuit of a common goal: to solve the cold case murder investigation of Jack Kennedy.  For now, Barnes as "T" makes the most sense 

Edited by Leslie Sharp

I would also like to note, that the document I referenced, mentioned another Domestic Operations Division officer:

"...Joseph Murphy, Security Officer, DODS..."

So far, a search of the CIA's FOIA site has brought up a negative template, non-feedback.

Nada.

I'll keep looking.

Robert,

You may already know this but FWIW

Joe Murphy, who met and identified Gary Powers on the Glienicke Bridge in Berlin during his exchange for KGB spy Rudolf Abel, was a CIA security officer and not a U-2 pilot.

See - https://www.cia.gov/static/83b2ce82bd77664fd645ee7095c74dd4/brotherhood-of-spies.pdf

Joe Murphy discusses his role in the trade of an American CIA agent for a Soviet agent.

Also - https://thehighlandernews.com/18537/news/cia-agent-visits-mclean/

Joe

Edited by Joseph Backes

18 minutes ago, Joseph Backes said:

Robert,

You may already know this but FWIW

Joe Murphy, who met and identified Gary Powers on the Glienicke Bridge in Berlin during his exchange for KGB spy Rudolf Abel, was a CIA security officer and not a U-2 pilot.

See - https://www.cia.gov/static/83b2ce82bd77664fd645ee7095c74dd4/brotherhood-of-spies.pdf

Joe Murphy discusses his role in the trade of an American CIA agent for a Soviet agent.

Also - https://thehighlandernews.com/18537/news/cia-agent-visits-mclean/

Joe

I have seen this already, Mr. Backes, and I am sorry to say, but that is a completely different Joseph Murphy.

Thanks for the help, though.

All the best,

Mönté.

3 hours ago, Robert Montenegro said:

For well over thirty years now, researchers have been diligently trying to verify bonafides, in regards to claims made in Robert D. Morrow's controversial book, "First Hand Knowledge: How I Participated in the CIA-Mafia Murder of President Kennedy."

One of the most controversial, was the claim that Charles Tracy Barnes, formerly Deputy Director of the Psychological Strategy Board during the Korean War and CIA Special Assistant for Paramilitary & Psychological Operations during the Guatemalan coup d'état (cryptonym PBSUCCESS) was, by 1962, commander of a highly illegal branch of CIA called Domestic Operations Division, which was tasked with supporting the Directorate of Plans in covert operations that were active within the continental United States (sometimes under the designation OOA or "...Other Operational Activities..." in support of DDP).

QUOTE—

"...REF: Memo 11/15/62 from D/Sec to C/DODS in Subj file On above date Joseph Murphy, Security Officer, DODS, advised that subject is considering filing an appeal from the security disapproval date of 11/15/62 for his wife to accept employment with (Spanish Embassy) Mr. Murphy requested advice as to procedure in filing an appeal. I suggested the, if subject had any justification not previously submitted to Security, a second request would be considered by this Branch, but that, if subject was filing an appeal with no additional justification, the appeal should be submitted thru Chief, DODS, and should reflect the views of Tracy Barnes. Subject has discussed his request with Mr. Barnes and may want to contact someone in Security above the Branch..."

—END QUOTE

Fascinating. 

1 hour ago, Joseph Backes said:

I really could not give a yea or a nay based on a funeral home entry.

In any case, it is the Tracy Barnes information that is important.

4 hours ago, Robert Montenegro said:

QUOTE—

—END QUOTE

The memo does not seem so clear to me. Tracy Barnes could just be a personal assistant or advisor to the chief of DOD and the memo simply reflects the advice that to get the appeal past the chief of DOD he should make sure it passes the scrutiny of Tracy Barnes first.

Whoever the chief of DOD is they certainly would be an interesting individual. If LHO was CIA, his FPCC chapter would surely be considered a "domestic operation", which would be illegal being a CIA operation on US soil. Looks like Tracey Barnes could be involved at some angle if he was involved in the DOD. 

What was Tracey Barnes official job and location in 1963?

18 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

The memo is crystal clear—It literally says "...appeal should be submitted thru Chief, DODS, and should reflect the views of Tracy Barnes..."

Two years after being banned from this forum, for dubious reasons, I have been allowed back on because my research is too important, and I was warned by moderators to respect the rules, observe diplomatic decorum, & not go on the offensive, but this is a little ridiculous, don't you think, Mr. Down?

Unless English is your second language (and no offensive if it isn't, as it is certainly not my first, as I grew up speaking Southern Shoshone-Cahuilla), but when you see a proper name (Tracy Barnes), after a comma, with a prepositioned proper title (Chief, DODS), that usually, in proper US English syntax, indicates the two elements in the sentence are related.

Sorry about the 8th grade English lesson, but that is what it represents—no need to complicate this any further.   

3 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

The memo is crystal clear—It literally says "...appeal should be submitted thru Chief, DODS, and should reflect the views of Tracy Barnes..."

Two years after being banned from this forum, for dubious reasons, I have been warned by moderators to respect the rules, observe diplomatic decorum, & not go on the offensive, but this is a little ridiculous, don't you think, Mr. Down?

Unless English is your second language (and no offensive if it isn't, as it is certainly not mine, as I grew up speaking Southern Shoshone-Cahuilla), but when you see a proper name (Tracy Barnes), after a comma, with a prepositioned proper title (Chief, DODS), that usually, in proper US English syntax indicates the two elements in the sentence are related.

Sorry about the 8th grade English lesson, but that is what it represents—no need to complicate this any further.   

What I don't understand is why the official title "Chief, DODs" would be used in one instance in the memo and then the personal name "Tracy Barnes" would be used in the second instance, especially in the one sentence, if they are one and the same person. Surely the title "Chief, DODs" would be used throughout the memo and not be interchanged with the personal name "Tracey Barnes".

16 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

Surely the title "Chief, DODs" would be used throughout the memo and not be interchanged with the personal name "Tracey Barnes".

Amongst other things in this memo, this is one of the things that makes it so unique—it is hand-written, and appears to be circulated only to officers within the Office of Security, including Chief of Research Staff, Office of Security, Brig. Gen. Paul Francis Gaynor.

Simply put, Tracy Barnes' job title, was, at one point, a very sensitive matter.

So sensitive, as a point of fact, that this is the only time in sixty years that we have had any indication from officialdom as to what he was doing.

As for the syntax of his name being separate from his job title, once again, it is very formal, university level, United States English being utilized.

And don't call me Shirley.

8 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

Amongst other things in this memo, this is one of the things that makes it so unique—it is hand-written, and appears to be circulated only to officers within the Office of Security, including Chief of Research Staff, Office of Security, Brig. Gen. Paul Francis Gaynor.

Simply put, Tracy Barnes' job title, was, at one point, a very sensitive matter.

So sensitive, as a point of fact, that this is the only time in sixty years that we have had any indication from officialdom as to what he was doing.

As for the syntax of his name being separate from his job title, once again, it is very formal, university level, United States English being utilized.

And don't call me Shirley.

To get, how you say in English speaking lands, a "slam dunk", you would have to get other memos by the same author and demonstrate that they interchange a person's official title and their personal name within the one memo, ideally in the one sentence.

Until then it would be, how you say in English speaking lands, "close but no cigarette".

😄

59 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

The memo does not seem so clear to me. Tracy Barnes could just be a personal assistant or advisor to the chief of DOD and the memo simply reflects the advice that to get the appeal past the chief of DOD he should make sure it passes the scrutiny of Tracy Barnes first.

Whoever the chief of DOD is they certainly would be an interesting individual. If LHO was CIA, his FPCC chapter would surely be considered a "domestic operation", which would be illegal being a CIA operation on US soil. Looks like Tracey Barnes could be involved at some angle if he was involved in the DOD. 

@Gerry DownGerry, are you familiar with the name Richard Thomas Gibson? He was among the original cofounders of FPCC in New York; by 1962 he had moved operations to Tangier, Morocco for some reason.  Documents indicate the agency considered recruiting him.  See what you think. https://www.maryferrell.org/php/showlist.php?docset=1797&sort=agency

I mention Gibson because Tangier was a hotbed of intrigue, and a focal point during Hank's investigation:  Frank Wisner Jr. had recently joined the foreign service and his first post was Tangier. The name Wisner appears in the Lafitte datebook, as does Barnes (staying with the assumption that "T" in the datebook is Tracey Barnes).

We have yet to conclude that Lafitte's Wisner was the infamous Wisner Sr. of the Mighty Wurlitzer . . . most likely it was he and not his son; however, the Tangier post leaves open the possibility the young Wisner was being used by the agency under cloak of the State Department in Tangier.

We also know that Thomas Eli Davis was arrested in Tangier in November, and that some six weeks earlier he met Oswald at the Hotel Luma in Mexico City. Richard Gibson claimed to have known of Oswald via FPCC.

Your question re. Barnes' official whereabouts throughout 1963 is important; Alan Kent concentrated on that very question and discovered that his file goes dark for three months. It is worthwhile to revisit the question now that more files have been released. 

Edited by Leslie Sharp