The Education Forum

David Ferrie's voice for the first time!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

A friend of mine went to Nara to listen the audio I posted. On the box, it says « B.R. 1967 »

B.R. 1967?

What does that stand for?

2 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

A friend of mine went to Nara to listen the audio I posted. On the box, it says « B.R. 1967 »

B.R. 1967?

What does that stand for?

3 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

Garrison interviewed Ferrie. Too bad he didn’t record him. Didn’t he say that Ferrie was the most important person in his investigation? Wasn’t it worth it to obtain a tape recorder in 1967 when recorders were more common than in 1963?

Are you sure Garrison didn’t record Ferrie? I thought that interview transcript in the Garrison files with the “wise bunch of birds” quote came from a recording. There are a ton of other transcripts in there too of various witnesses. 

Edited by Tom Gram

36 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

Are you sure Garrison didn’t record Ferrie? I thought that interview transcript in the Garrison files with the “wise bunch of birds” quote came from a recording. There are a ton of other transcripts in there too of various witnesses. 

And not a word about the jfk assassination??

Edited by Denis Morissette

On 7/30/2023 at 11:49 PM, Joe Bauer said:

NB...did you click on the Denis Morrisette provided link above regards the David Ferrie interview?

Did you know about this interview years ago?

You must admit, that in Ferrie's summary of his time fighting the sex charges against him he brings in every New Orleans character that Jim Garrison mentions in his book "On The Trail Of The Assassins."  As well as many others.

Ferrie is connected to them all!

Don't you find this interview a block buster of a Ferrie connection reveal.

The only other main characters Ferrie doesn't mention are Clay Shaw and the head of the N.O. FBI.

JB

I started listening to it during my response to you. I have never seen that tape mentioned before. As a kid in the 60s, I had access to tape recorders on occasion and the quality, tone, static, background comments and brief interruptions on this tape are intriguing and point much more imo to authenticity than contrived fraud. There are a number of names mentioned and I imagine some of them can be xreferenced as to some historical accuracy.

"wise bunch of birds"

Garrison quoted Ferrie saying this?

How about a few other Ferrie dialogue statements Oliver Stone included in his film "JFK."

Were the following also Garrison quotes attributed to Ferrie?

"You don't leave the agency. You're in for life."

"Shaw?" "Highest clearance." An untouchable."

"David Ferrie: Oh man, why don't you f***in' stop it? Sh*t, this is too f***in' big for you, you know that? Who did the president, who killed Kennedy, f*** man! It's a mystery! It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma! The f***in' shooters don't even know!"

"They'll get to you too."

"I'm a dead man!"

9 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

And not a word about the jfk assassination??

I’m not sure what you mean Dennis. We’re talking about the existence of audio recordings. As far as I know, Ferrie didn’t admit to anything before he died, but a lot of the first exchange in Garrison’s office in the movie JFK, including the “wise bunch of birds” quote, is taken directly from a real interview transcript with Ferrie from the New Orleans DA’s office. It’s in the Garrison files. I don’t recall the date, but I think the transcript may be from ‘66 or early ‘67 instead of ‘63 as is depicted in the movie. 

I could be wrong, and my memory surely isn’t perfect, but I’ve definitely seen that transcript in the Garrison files. I will look for it this evening when I get some free time. If anyone else wants to look in the meantime, I’m assuming it’s in the main “Ferrie” folder, but it could be scattered somewhere else. You said that Garrison didn’t record Ferrie, and criticized him for it, but the existence of that transcript, assuming I’m not hallucinating, suggests that he did and we just don’t have the tape. 

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

"wise bunch of birds"

Garrison quoted Ferrie saying this?

How about a few other Ferrie dialogue statements Oliver Stone included in his film "JFK."

Were the following also Garrison quotes attributed to Ferrie?

"You don't leave the agency. You're in for life."

"Shaw?" "Highest clearance." An untouchable."

"David Ferrie: Oh man, why don't you f***in' stop it? Sh*t, this is too f***in' big for you, you know that? Who did the president, who killed Kennedy, f*** man! It's a mystery! It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma! The f***in' shooters don't even know!"

"They'll get to you too."

"I'm a dead man!"

As far as I know, the only statements from Ferrie in JFK derived from a real transcribed interview are in the first exchange in Garrison’s office in the movie, including the ridiculous “wise bunch of birds” quote. 

I might end up correcting myself later, since I’m going off memory here, but I swear I’ve seen that transcript since I remember being surprised too that it was a real quote. 

Edited by Tom Gram

Not real familiar with Mark Groubert, however I just watched an interview of him by Eric Hunley.

The discussion was mostly about David Ferrie.

Groubert's got a style of presentation that reminds me of stand-up comedian Mort Sahl. Sarcastic humor yet seemingly well informed.

Groubert mentions Joe Pesci listening to tapes of David Ferrie speaking to prepare for his Ferrie role in Oliver Stone's film "JFK."

If true, then somewhere there are actual taped recordings of Ferrie speaking.

In the beginning of this interview host Eric Hunley shows and plays the exact same Ferry speaking tape Denis Morrisette has linked us to.

Groubert seemed like he had never heard this audio tape.

He also seemed unsure as to whether it really was Ferrie on the tape.

Groubert has a lot of side stories he shares about the JFKA players he is discussing.

Yes, very interesting but I don't know enough about Groubert and his sources to accept their validity out of hand at this time.

One story Groubert shares is that Ferrie used to take his teen air cadet boys onto flights with him. To share the cockpit with him side by side.

He reportedly would then try to initiate some type of sexual contact with these boys.

Groubert stated one story that Ferrie tried this with young 14 year old Lee Oswald and Oswald responded by slugging Ferrie in the jaw!

Ferrie's supposed suicide had some illogical aspects as did Dorothy Kilgallen's.

However, Kilgallen's was so illogical it was absurd.

Ferrie types up two suicide notes, but the N.O. coroner finds that Ferrie died a natural death? 

Edited by Joe Bauer

13 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Not real familiar with Mark Groubert, however I just watched an interview of him by Eric Hunley.

The discussion was mostly about David Ferrie.

Groubert's got a style of presentation that reminded me of stand up comedian Mort Sahl. Sarcastic. 

Groubert mentions Joe Pesci listening to tapes of David Ferrie speaking to prepare for his Ferrie role in Oliver Stone's film "JFK."

If true, then somewhere there are actual taped recordings of Ferrie speaking.

In the beginning of this interview host Mark Hunley shows and plays the exact same Ferry speaking tape Morrisette has linked us to.

Nice! Thank you.

If Joe Pesci actually listened to tapes of Ferrie speaking to prepare for his Ferrie role in Stone's film "JFK" he would be a logical person to ask if the voice of the Morrissette provided audio link was actually Ferrie...one would think?

Pesci is certainly alive. Wonder how to contact him with this question.