The Education Forum

What is now known about "The Radio Man" in Dealey Plaza?

The investigation that I am engaged in following the trail of CIA ships 'Mi Amigo' and 'Olga Patricia' has led me to the conclusion that a bunch of people were kept out of the loop - including Robert Kennedy, who thought that he was playing smart. But that cleverness got his brother shot and then Bobby as well. By removing all of the guilty people who were playing with fire by playing with the CIA, I conclude that this was a Mafia hit aided by key CIA personnel that even Bobby had no control over.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Doug Campbell said:

Santiago was captured by Castro's forces during an attempted gunboat raid north of Las Villas, Cuba in early 1964 (April, I believe), executed by firing squad in May. No connection to Medellin.

Yes. For some reason I have a Felipe Vidal in my Iran Contra trading cards, so either I really got that wrong or it is another man by the same name. Also McLendon - I have spelled that name wrong before too. 

I have another theory.

It's just a theory, mind you.

Would you say that this man is 5'11", 158 lbs, has brown hair, wears dark glasses, and has a dark complexion?

The physical description provided above is not that of the Dark Complected Man, but of Manuel Rodriguez Orcarberro, President of the Alpha 66/ SNFE group that met at 3126 Harlendale St. in Dallas, where LHO was seen going in and out of.

See 5/26/64 FBI Report of SA Wallace Heitman, page 5

http://www.maryferre...p;relPageId=223

One of the Directors of that group was a man named Raul Castro. He owed a Rambler station wagon.

I think Manuel Rodriguez Orcarberro was the "dark complected man" who Roger Craig saw driving a Rambler station wagon that picked up Oswald running down the hill after the assassination.

Warrren Commission Document# 1085 is a June 11, 1964 letter from J. Edgar Hoover with attached memoranda and reports. Included in that letter is a heavily redacted April 29, 1964report from Dallas SA Wallace Heitman. It speaks about an automobile (a Rambler) parked in front of a residence in Garland, Texas that displayed a bumper sticker that read, "Kill the Kennedy Klan." The names of the families who resided at the house together have been whited out.

His report also says that after the assassination, efforts were made to remove this bumper sticker and that after the assassination, residents of this address began to receive a lot of mail from Miami, New York, and Mexico.

Raul Castro Baile and Juan Francisco Quintana Maya later told Heitman that they had picked up the bumper sticker at a John Birch Society meeting. I think the society meeting preceding Adlai Stevenson getting bonked on the head.

Steve Thomas

43 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

I have another theory.

Would you say that this man is 5'11", 158 lbs, has brown hair, wears dark glasses, and has a dark complexion?

The physical description provided above is not that of the Dark Complected Man, but of Manuel Rodriguez Orcarberro, President of the Alpha 66/ SNFE group that met at 3126 Harlendale St. in Dallas, where LHO was seen going in and out of.

One of the Directors of that group was a man named Raul Castro. He owed a Rambler station wagon.

I think Manuel Rodriguez Orcarberro was the "dark complected man" who Roger Craig saw driving a Rambler station wagon that picked up Oswald running down the hill after the assassination.

Warrren Commission Document# 1085 is a June 11, 1964 letter from J. Edgar Hoover with attached memoranda and reports. Included in that letter is a heavily redacted April 29, 1964report from Dallas SA Wallace Heitman. It speaks about an automobile (a Rambler) parked in front of a residence in Garland, Texas that displayed a bumper sticker that read, "Kill the Kennedy Klan." The names of the families who resided at the house together have been whited out.

His report also says that after the assassination, efforts were made to remove this bumper sticker and that after the assassination, residents of this address began to receive a lot of mail from Miami, New York, and Mexico.

Raul Castro Baile and Juan Francisco Quintana Maya later told Heitman that they had picked up the bumper sticker at a John Birch Society meeting. I think the society meeting preceding Adlai Stevenson getting bonked on the head.

Steve Thomas

The conclusion of State Secret has Orcarberro being 5'9 145 lbs and a possible Oswald double....

1 hour ago, Larry Hancock said:

Hi Mervyn,  actually you can get a reading copy of Tipping Point off the Mary Ferrell site and that should give you some background on Vidal - there is just more detail in SWHT (paperback edition). 

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Tipping_Point.html

I just bought the hardback from Amazon!

46 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

I have another theory.

Steve Thomas

Interesting. Given the continuing involvement in raids on Cuba - after the JFK assassination, the expat Cubans appear to turned on each other, hence the 1974 killing of José Elías de la Torriente while watching TV in his Coral Gables home in Florida. I think that the 'Zenith' base of the CIA in South Miami which was the headquarters for the expat Cubans, engaged a faction of the Mafia out of New Orleans to kill JFK. I has not factored in the double-cross of the Cubans by JFK after the speech in Miami. https://www.americasquarterly.org/fulltextarticle/long-view-how-the-fight-against-castro-once-terrorized-u-s-cities/  Torriente had retired from his job as vice president of Collins Radio. https://www.latinamericanstudies.org/exile/torriente-funeral.htm

Mervyn, as you say a lot of the ex-pats did turn on each other, some got out entirely (Verona, the CRC leader went to NYC to sell used cars), others moved into smuggling but retained their associations with the Agency - a real problem by the seventies.  However the most activist continued on with their crusade - and the most interesting to some of us ended  up either out of action fairly quickly like Vidal or out of the country in the new CIA AMWORLD project or even off in the Congo.

6 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

Mervyn, as you say a lot of the ex-pats did turn on each other, some got out entirely (Verona, the CRC leader went to NYC to sell used cars), others moved into smuggling but retained their associations with the Agency - a real problem by the seventies.  However the most activist continued on with their crusade - and the most interesting to some of us ended  up either out of action fairly quickly like Vidal or out of the country in the new CIA AMWORLD project or even off in the Congo.

Larry, I have been down to our library of books that we began to collect as a result of the 'Olga Patricia' investigation. (This is the ship mentioned by you in 'Shadow Warrior'. I have since obtained the declassified CIA documents on this vessel and a lot more. But of interest now is this article in the Miami News from 1974 ....

"The other theory was that Torriente was killed as a result of a feud over the money he raised among exiles and Latin American countries for his liberation plan.

Supporting the speculation that Castro agents killed him was a Havana broadcast yesterday which identified Torriente as "the counter-revolutionary leader and self-proclaimed head of a group of enemies of our revolution that among other crimes, took credit for the criminal attack against the fishing town of Boca de Sama in Oriente Province."

The broadcast also recalled that two Cubans (pro-Castro) were killed and four others wounded in the attack in October, 1971.

The raid rated a full-length Castro speech at that time, vowing to take the offensive against exiles to protect Cuba from their raids. Two months later, Castro gunboats commandeered the Miami-based Leyla Express and the Johnny Express cargo ships and their crews to Cuba. Castro later said the seizures were in retaliation for Sama.

U.S. authorities seized Torriente's ship in Miami after the Sama raid. No further raids followed."

The ship used by Torriente and seized by the US was the 'Olga Patricia'!

This is the ship that stopped raiding Cuba for a time, and went to the North Sea as the home of 'Swinging Radio England' and 'Britain Radio' in 1966, two 50kw offshore stations broadcasting to the UK.

After August 1967 the ship returned from the North Sea to Miami and was to become a base for Don Pierson's freeport in Haiti. But Pierson was yet another 'patsy' who was following in the footsteps of both de Mohrenschildt and Clint Murchison in Haiti, and of course it ended in disaster.

So the 'Olga Patricia' went on sale by the US Marshals and was obtained by Torriente to shoot-up Sama in Oriente Province. Fidel Castrol denounced the ship by name and called it a CIA vessel.

After being shot up by Cuban aircraft it entered US waters and was grabbed by the US Justice Department who then sold it to a fishing fleet.

See: https://www.stellamaris.no/chapter10.htm

1 hour ago, David Butler said:

The conclusion of State Secret has Orcarberro being 5'9 145 lbs and a possible Oswald double....

David,

I don't know for sure, but I bet Bill got that description from this document:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11250#relPageId=7

Commission Document 853 - SS Rowley Memorandum of 24 Apr 1964 re: Manuel Rodriguez w/Attachments

Commission Document 853b - SS Rowley Memorandum of 24 Apr 1964 re: Manue…

Page 2

FBI Record

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11250#relPageId=7&tab=page

lists him at 69” tall, 145 lbs, brown hair, brown eyes and born in 1928 in Santiago, Cuba.

Steve Thomas

28 minutes ago, David Boylan said:

Was the Olga Patricia later named The Joanne?

In 1974 it was discovered that the Olga Patricia was operating under a variety of names, but we do know that from 1966 to 1970 it was the Olga Patricia, although it was renamed Laissez Faire in the North Sea between 1967 and 1968 but it reverted to is registered name. We also know that the CIA first got hold of it in July 1963 when the ship was called 'Olga Patricia'. The Cubans began hanging flip-chart names over its bow in 1974. The person mentioned in connection with it being obtained is Manuel Artime Buesa who had a company called 'BAM'. Larry Hancock covers this in 'Shadow Warrior'.