The Education Forum

What is now known about "The Radio Man" in Dealey Plaza?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the image of a radio antenna shown in the picture of the two seated men with the dark complexion man holding something up to his mouth isn't enhanced artificially one is forced to consider him with great suspicion.

The photo clearly appears to show the DCM holding "something" up to his face as he and the UBM are turned watching the crowd run up the grassy knoll.

Also, the same with the picture of the tall, thin DCM walking along the sidewalk after he and the UBM decide to go their separate opposite direction ways.

Either there is a long antenna sticking up from something in the man's back waist line or pocket or that is a shoulder to waist long crease in the back of the man's shirt. Revealed with a dark shadow.

Also, the DCM is the only person seen walking with his hands behind his back. Not slightly but significantly.

To a degree that if he wasn't pulling up the back of his pants ( as I have done many, many times ) or even perhaps rubbing his numbed buttocks after sitting on a hard curb, one must again consider this singular arm and hand movement and position with at least some suspicion.

The umbrella man ( Louis Witt ) claimed he didn't know the DCM. He described him as a "negro man."

Why would they both seat themselves as close together as theater seat mates?

Especially when they didn't know each other and there was so much curb room they could easily have sat themselves down with much more space between them?

They are so close to one another they could have held hands.

Ground lying married couple Bill Newman and his wife Gail are farther apart than DCM and UBM!

It seems logical that "someone" would have recognized the Morgan Freeman look-a-like DCM in all the decades of the pictures being shown of him.

Especially if he were a resident of the Dallas area.

His long, tall, thin body type is easily more recognizable than average imo. And include his fez type cap as another more uniquely identifiable part of this person.

Edited by Joe Bauer

25 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

We know a lot about him if, as I have written in considerable detail, he is Felipe Vidal Santiago (someone reported to the FBI as being in Dallas at the time).   Other people have different identifications...

Could you provide more details about how you learned the tall DCM's identity?

He is from where?

Another country? 

Very suspicious if he came all the way from another country or even another state to see JFK and Jackie for just a few seconds and coincidently found a place to do so right at the point of shot impact upon JFK.

Also, if the man was Mexican or Cuban or other Latin American or Caribbean island ethnicity, I don't get his very animated JFK admiring arm and hand waving/fist thrusting at JFK.

American blacks were that admiring of JFK because of their perception of him as being more sympathetic to their equal rights seeking cause. JFK's standing up to Mississippi governor Ross Barnett during the integration issue at Ole Miss made JFK a hero to their cause.

But a person with the Latin name Santiago?

And Larry, do you see with certainty that this Santiago fellow had no radio with an antenna on his person in the above photos?

Do you think the so-called antenna shown in both photos is an artificially enhanced falsely identified anomaly?

Any speculations regards his hands being held all the way behind him to his backside as he walks?

Edited by Joe Bauer

37 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

We know a lot about him if, as I have written in considerable detail, he is Felipe Vidal Santiago (someone reported to the FBI as being in Dallas at the time).   Other people have different identifications...

Some visuals to go with the names...   I did not compile this collage fwiw

image.gif.e0f750f35b31740d1c4abbb570586153.gif

5a4eb599f370f_UmbrellaandDarkMan-possibleID.jpg.75fc051fc60c6b8aba01aa0041b903d2.jpg

16 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Could you provide more details about how you learned the tall DCM's identity?

He is from where?

Another country? 

Very suspicious if he came all the way from another country or even another state to see JFK and Jackie for just a few seconds and coincidently found a place to do so right at the point of shot impact upon JFK.

Also, if the man was Mexican or Cuban or other Latin American or Caribbean island ethnicity, I don't get his very animated JFK admiring arm and hand waving/fist thrusting at JFK.

American blacks were that admiring of JFK because of their perception of him as being more sympathetic to their equal rights seeking cause. JFK's standing up to Mississippi governor Ross Barnett during the integration issue at Ole Miss made JFK a hero to their cause.

But a person with the Latin name Santiago?

And Larry, do you see with certainty that this Santiago fellow had no radio with an antenna on his person in the above photos?

Do you think the so-called antenna shown in both photos is an artificially enhanced falsely identified anomaly?

Any speculations regards his hands being held all the way behind him to his backside as he walks?

Or, you could buy Larry's book.

Joe, I'm going to be very straight forward about this - I have written extensively on Filipe Vidal in SWHT, in NEXUS and in Tipping Point - including how is was connected to the Dallas attack and the tactical team that went from Miami to Dallas.  That all goes back to the very first edition of SWHT in 2006.   I'm not going to get into the debate about the radio, maybe, maybe not, but his presence there is the key point as well as his personal relationship to the fellow beside him, Roy Hargraves. 

Having researched and written about him repetitively I'll refer you to those works for the details  in your questions.

I hadn’t realized that Larry identified him as Felipe Vidal, which is my bad because I have his books. I’m guessing they were ‘spotters’, part of the plot. Felipe Vidal had ties to Walker, Hunt, McClendon. Didn’t he later run drugs for the Medellin cartel?

Louis Witt testified under oath that he was the Umbrella Man.

He also said the man who sat right next to him on the curb was a "negro man."

He even recounted his negro man seatmate as saying to him " They done shot that man."

No Latin/Caribbean country born and raised person would ever speak like that.

That is pure black American raised lingo.

Also the picture of Santiago above does not match the picture of the DCM shown sitting on the Grassy Knoll curb imo.

Different is several ways. 

The distinct hair line for one.

The Latino looking Santiago has solid sideburns coming down in front of his ears. The seated DCM has none.

The radio with antenna aspect of this side story is potentially an incredibly strong indicator of it's importance. 

If that is really a radio with antenna and the DCM man is really speaking into it...this is a true smoking gun.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Vidal was a close friend of John Martino, and of Roy Hargraves - more importantly he was well established and regarded within the anti-Castro community in Miami and had been involved in plans for major boat missions against Cuba.  He did not run drugs for anyone, but instead was killed on a high risk boat mission into Cuba, possibly outed to Cuban agents to make sure he was eliminated after the assassination. 

He was in Dallas "ostensibly" trying to get money from Walker - on the other hand that was the same story given by Hemming, Hall and basically anyone traveling to Dallas that year, even though Walker never appears to have donated any money and was short on funds for his own political campaigns.

As to the roles of Vidal and Hargraves in Dallas, Noel Twyman revealed that in his interviews with Roy Hargraves; Noel gave me permission to include that with the very first spiral bound edition of SWHT but then it had to be removed in further editions based on objections from Hemming's brother who was serving as Hargrave's lawyer at the time.

50 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I hadn’t realized that Larry identified him as Felipe Vidal, which is my bad because I have his books. I’m guessing they were ‘spotters’, part of the plot. Felipe Vidal had ties to Walker, Hunt, McClendon. Didn’t he later run drugs for the Medellin cartel?

That is McLendon, not McClendon. That is a mistake that keeps cropping up.

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Larry, I will gladly buy your book/s relating to the man with the radio. I bought 'Shadow Warrior' and that directed me to follow the trail of the 'Olga Patricia'. Please provide the title and date of publication and I will find and buy a copy.

Guest Doug Campbell
1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Santiago was captured by Castro's forces during an attempted gunboat raid north of Las Villas, Cuba in early 1964 (April, I believe), executed by firing squad in May. No connection to Medellin.

Edited by Doug Campbell