The Education Forum

Paul Landis Revelation About Assassination Bullet

On 12/10/2023 at 3:16 AM, David Von Pein said:

I take it then, based on your reply above, that nobody at the 2023 Wecht Conference bothered to ask Mr. Landis any questions at all about the contradictory nature of Landis' current version of his "bullet" story as compared to those 1983 and 1988 newspaper articles....is that correct?

If that is correct, I can only wonder....why not?

David, I don't believe anyone asked him that.  The first half of the presentation was about his background with the Secret Service and what he did leading up to Dallas.  Robenalt was with him and assisting.  I don't think there were any "hard hitting" type of questions.  I might be making a mistake with my memory... Landis said that when he finally wanted to bring out to public his recollections he reached out to an unnamed Secret Service contact.  This person, who knew of the Wecht Institute/Cyril involvement, reached out to the president of Duquesne (who the agent knew) who then connected  with Robenalt.  Someone will certainly correct me if I'm wrong. 

What I can say David, is it's not too late to get some clarification.  I recommend you reach out to Robenalt immediatly.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, William Paris said:

I don't think there were any "hard hitting" type of questions.

That's too bad.

22 minutes ago, William Paris said:

What I can say David, is it's not too late to get some clarification.  I recommend you reach out to Robenalt immediately.

Thanks for the info, William.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lee D. Shepherd wrote on Facebook today:

A word about Secret Service agent Paul Landis. What does his account mean?

When Landis helped Mrs. Kennedy out of the car at Parkland Hospital, he saw an intact bullet on the back seat where the top would [normally] be secured. Two large bullet fragments were found in the front seat of the limo, and slivers of lead fragments were recovered from an area below the jump seat where the governor’s wife, Nellie Connally, had been sitting. Landis claims he placed it on JFK’s gurney at Parkland Hospital. His disclosure came sixty years after the fact which is understandable as it raises many questions and places the “magic bullet” theory in doubt. The supposition was that the retrieved intact bullet had been discovered on Governor Connally’s gurney, not Kennedy’s. It was from this assumption, in part, that the Warren Commission reached its pivotal conclusion: The available evidence indicates that “the bullet found on the Governor’s stretcher”—the single bullet—“could have caused all his wounds.” Also, amid the blood and gore, Landis remembers, were two bullet fragments on the back seat, next to where Jackie had been sitting.
Of the eight agents in the follow up car, code-named “Halfback,” none but 31-year-Clint Hill made any move to catch the president’s limo, and no one returned fire, even though some of them were equipped with automatic weapons. The media report that “Secret Service men immediately unslung their automatic weapons and pistols,” was an incorrect statement. Landis, the agent stationed on the right side of the follow-up vehicle, remained frozen and never relinquished his hold on the door grip. Landis might just as well have been somewhere else that afternoon. These were supposedly men honed to a matchless edge, but on that bright clear sunny day, there was near total lack of response. Had the Secret Service men reacted as they should have...the sniper crouching behind that window would certainly not have been able to get off a second or third shot, as the Commission says he did.”
Landis' statement from his book, that he was momentarily suffering from PTSD, is unacceptable

4 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Lee D. Shepherd wrote on Facebook today:

A word about Secret Service agent Paul Landis. What does his account mean?

When Landis helped Mrs. Kennedy out of the car at Parkland Hospital, he saw an intact bullet on the back seat where the top would [normally] be secured. Two large bullet fragments were found in the front seat of the limo, and slivers of lead fragments were recovered from an area below the jump seat where the governor’s wife, Nellie Connally, had been sitting. Landis claims he placed it on JFK’s gurney at Parkland Hospital. His disclosure came sixty years after the fact which is understandable as it raises many questions and places the “magic bullet” theory in doubt. The supposition was that the retrieved intact bullet had been discovered on Governor Connally’s gurney, not Kennedy’s. It was from this assumption, in part, that the Warren Commission reached its pivotal conclusion: The available evidence indicates that “the bullet found on the Governor’s stretcher”—the single bullet—“could have caused all his wounds.” Also, amid the blood and gore, Landis remembers, were two bullet fragments on the back seat, next to where Jackie had been sitting.
Of the eight agents in the follow up car, code-named “Halfback,” none but 31-year-Clint Hill made any move to catch the president’s limo, and no one returned fire, even though some of them were equipped with automatic weapons. The media report that “Secret Service men immediately unslung their automatic weapons and pistols,” was an incorrect statement. Landis, the agent stationed on the right side of the follow-up vehicle, remained frozen and never relinquished his hold on the door grip. Landis might just as well have been somewhere else that afternoon. These were supposedly men honed to a matchless edge, but on that bright clear sunny day, there was near total lack of response. Had the Secret Service men reacted as they should have...the sniper crouching behind that window would certainly not have been able to get off a second or third shot, as the Commission says he did.”
Landis' statement from his book, that he was momentarily suffering from PTSD, is unacceptable

The agents who didn't react failed to execute their duties.  It's that simple.  Knowing what we know now, the agents in that detail should probably be combat vets...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 12:47 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

We also don't know if bullet wounds sometimes "close up" (I have been researching this, but without avail).  That is, after a bullet passes through a body, then internal organs and muscles shift, blocking the passageway to probes, even by experts.

Reading through this 5-month old stuff:

Bullet wounds will close up behind the bullet. I have seen it with my own eyes. A small caliber bullet (or small shot from a shotgun) can enter the body and lead observers -- close, less than a foot away -- to believe that the bullet hadn't even entered the body, but only left a bruise. I vas dere, Chahlie.

On 9/13/2023 at 3:57 AM, Pete Mellor said:

Another media article appearing today, following on from the Landis story.  Old news, but more MSM noise.

Several interviews given by nurse Hall in 2013 seem to corroborate Landis' fresh claim. 

'On the cart, halfway between the earlobe and the shoulder, there was a bullet laying almost perpendicular there, but I have not seen a picture of that bullet ever,' she told The Telegraph almost 10 years ago. 

Separately, she told the Sunday Mirror: 'I could see a bullet lodged between his ear and his shoulder. It was pointed at its tip and showed no signs of damage. I remember looking at it – there was no blunting of the bullet or scarring around the shell from where it had been fired.

'I'd had a great deal of experience working with gunshot wounds but I had never seen anything like this before.

'It was about one-and-a-half inches long – nothing like the bullets that were later produced.

Hm. The lead part of lots and lots of bullets can be around an inch-and-a-half. And I daresay that most hunting rounds are pointed. So the idea that this was an exotic round is just wrong.

On 9/13/2023 at 9:27 PM, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

The headshot at Z312 was the last shot of Hickey's autoburst of say 4 or 5 shots of his AR15 at about Z305 to Z312. Young probly saw the remnant slug (it exited JFK's head & cracked the windshield).

Are there ear-witnesses who said the the shooting sequence ended with a burst of machine gun fire?

On 9/30/2023 at 5:11 PM, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

A good scientific method is to make a hypothesis & then cherry pick the evidence that fits.

Is that sarcasm?

1 hour ago, Tony Rose said:

Is that sarcasm?

(1) Anyone can cherry pick evidence to support almost any hypothesis if there is an abundance of suitable evidence.

(2) A hypothesis that cannot be supported by any available cherry picked evidence is difficult.

Hickeyists find ourselves in between (1) & (2).

The main problem is that jfk evidence is mostly made up of factoids. Leading to many possible false hypotheses. 

2 hours ago, Tony Rose said:

Are there ear-witnesses who said the the shooting sequence ended with a burst of machine gun fire?

Yes there were a number of mentions of a flurry of shots or of shots very close together etc.

On 2/22/2024 at 1:39 AM, Tony Rose said:

Reading through this 5-month old stuff:

Bullet wounds will close up behind the bullet. I have seen it with my own eyes. A small caliber bullet (or small shot from a shotgun) can enter the body and lead observers -- close, less than a foot away -- to believe that the bullet hadn't even entered the body, but only left a bruise. I vas dere, Chahlie.

Yes, but that is not exactly my question.

Have experienced forensic pathologists ever seen a bullet path that they knew passed through the body, but when they probed it, they could not get the probe to follow the path? 

That is what is said to have happened with JFK's body, although we know the autopsy was  conducted by unexperienced people, certainly in comparison to working experts.