The Education Forum

New documentary with Paul Landis, Clint Hill, and others- 'One Day in America' franchise returns Nov. 5 with a three-part docuseries

Vince Palamara

1 hour ago, Vince Palamara said:

Oh, P.U. 

National Geographic is regarded as a CIA front, including by Mark Groubert. 

Indeed, the trailer starts with a guy recounting the shots fired on 11/22 in a regular cadence, not the "bang.....bang-bang" cadence most witnesses recall. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

National Geographic is a CIA front? In 2023? Is EVERYTHING a big government conspiracy to you?

Yeah, it must seem that way to you, but remember this is the EF-JFKA, and the discussions here are about a CIA-intel-government conspiracy to assassinate JFK, and related cover-up conspiracies (with media complicity), and then Op Mocks.  Northwoods, etc. 

So the topic of conspiracies and media complicity is always on the table. 

I was speaking shorthand about Nat Geo

https://www.cfr.org/event/documentary-screening-and-discussion-hell-earth-fall-syria-and-rise-isis

Here the Council for Foreign Relations specially screens the Nat Geo film in-house for members and press

The National Geographic documentary Hell on Earth: The Fall of Syria and the Rise of ISIS offers a look inside Syria’s civil war; it airs June 11 at 9/8c on National Geographic. The film was co-produced and co-directed by Emmy-winner Nick Quested and journalist and Oscar-nominated director Sebastian Junger, 55.

Why was CFR reviewing the film and giving it publicity? Because....the upshot of the film is that things are so horrible in Syria that the US must get involved there. Courtesy of Nat Geo. The US should be militarily involved in the Mideast. CFR loves it. 

I do not think it is stretch to say the US foreign-policy blob gets involved in US media. A lot. 

Every government, all through history, has tried to control media. It is the same now. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:
10 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

National Geographic is a CIA front? In 2023? Is EVERYTHING a big government conspiracy to you?

Every government, all through history, has tried to control media. It is the same now. 

Good point. National Geographic may well be a mouthpiece for the government.

11 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Good point. National Geographic may well be a mouthpiece for the government.

I know I sound like a conspiracy nut, and maybe I am. Thanks for your sympathetic comment. 

Short history: I remember Jim Garrison, back in 1967, going on national TV and stating the CIA murdered JFK. I couldn't believe it. I more or less accepted the media take on Garrison, that he was a bit of a crackpot. 

Later, we all learned the CIA was running media ops all through the Garrison trial, and had infiltrated Garrison's legal team, and who knows what else. 

Now I see conspiracies behind every bush. 

The joke is, "The sad part is, the reality is usually worse than the conspiracy theories."  

Just saw the trailer a little while ago! Was it just me or did some of the footage from that day look remarkably clear? Like the footage of the Newmans shielding their children? I know some of these films were taken by actual professional cameramen, but I've never seen footage that clear from that day in the Plaza! I'm sure some of the footage was remastered and restored and ran through filters and such, but some of it looked fantastic!

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2023 at 2:32 AM, Jamey Flanagan said:

Just saw the trailer a little while ago! Was it just me or did some of the footage from that day look remarkably clear? Like the footage of the Newmans shielding their children? I know some of these films were taken by actual professional cameramen, but I've never seen footage that clear from that day in the Plaza! I'm sure some of the footage was remastered and restored and ran through filters and such, but some of it looked fantastic!

First two episodes premiered earlier today in Ireland/UK and this was my main takeaway - some of the colour footage looked incredibly crisp and clear. The colourised videos of DPD headquarters in the hours after the assassination are also very cool. 

As for the content itself, nothing new and comes off as a very bland retelling of the official version. No surprise there as the opening credit mentions being made in collaboration with the Sixth Floor Museum. 

It’s probably worth watching purely for the upscaled footage - content wise it’s too shallow.  

Yeah, I waited all day to watch it and I started falling asleep near the end of the second episode. Woke back up for a bit but slept through most of the third episode. Recorded them so I can go back and watch them if I choose to buy I agree about it being a bland retelling of the official story. When I saw Landis was going to be on there I figured we'd at least get the story of him finding an intact bullet which was the biggest new story in the case in recent times. Unless I slept through that, we didn't get it.

But Hill got to tell us that he was not faster than a speeding bullet. What a thing to say Clint ! Absolve yourself because you were not superman.

Just watched most of the first episode.

Yes, colorization really enhanced video footage and I enjoyed footage of JFK and Jackie on their boat up in Cape Cod.

I'm always struck by the incredible adoration reaction shown to both JFK and especially Jackie Kennedy.

Crowds literally swooning when they got to see them up close and actually shake their hands.

The crowd reaction to Jackie when she came in late to the San Antonio affair was so charged with electric excitement it was amazing. The crowd erupted into cheers and standing and applause. They were mesmerized.

Kind of gave you goose bumps.

Like I have stated in earlier postings, by 1963 JFK and Jackie had transcended into a worldwide phenomena of unprecedented adoration and fascination celebrity status way, way beyond any married couple before and since.

So beyond movie stars. 

"Billions" of people all over the world were aware of their images and were smitten with their youthful vigor and physical beauty attractiveness.

Didn't Marina Oswald herself keep a Time magazine cover picture of JFK around?

Poor LBJ.  He had to endure watching this almost surreal adoration phenomena as a "who cares" background figure nobody too often in his three years as VP. It must have driven him crazy with jealousy imo.

We never saw any future American president and first lady ever come close to what the JFK and Jackie fame, celebrity and adoration phenomena exhibited.

Other than viewing nicely color enhanced footage and refeeling that JFK/Jackie adoration electricity the first episode didn't keep my interest.

Wonder how so many media productions that don't say anything more than the WC line always get the huge financial infusion needed to make the national TV airwaves. 

Landis had so little to say I wonder why he was given interview time.

Buell Wesley Frazier was his ole plain speaking self. I was struck by his aged look.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Hosty states that Bobby Kennedy called him at Parkland and that he told Bobby that JFK had been shot.

That is not what RFK  and others have said.

You hardly ever hear mention of professionally respected journalist Seth Kantor's meeting Jack Ruby in Parkland hospital while JFK was being attended to there.