The Education Forum

VICTORY for the credibility of Parkland nurse Audrey Bell

Micah Mileto

That all may be true,but I would bet that a most pleasurable moment can be recalled alot easier or longer.

I'll also go out on a limb & say that something majorly important could be remembered easier or longer also.

Edited by Michael Crane

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Michael Crane said:

That all may be true,but I would bet that a most pleasurable moment can be recalled alot easier or longer.

I'll also go out on a limb & say that something majorly important could be remembered easier or longer also.

People remember important events more often than they do everyday events, but their memories as to specifics are rapidly buried under their memories of emotion. If someone says they were happy on their 3rd birthday they are probably correct but if they say their best friend was wearing a green outfit and orange shoes at their third birthday, they may very well be incorrect. An exception would be if this was something they'd talked about over the years. But even then they wouldn't be remembering the event itself but the story as it had been told and re-told. 

P.S. Some of the most telling studies dealt with people's confidence in their own memories. Something like 80% of those studied think their memory is better than average, and while understanding that the memories of family members' and friends are frequently faulty, nevertheless believe their own memories are stellar. 

Edited by Pat Speer

4 hours ago, Michael Crane said:

Looking back,

I'm going to dismiss my belief of Greer hitting the brakes because of the windshield shot.

That happened way too early in the motorcade route.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

MC, put yourself in Greer's place.

You're hearing shots.

Maybe even felt them coming into the car?

You hear JFK call out in distress.

You turn around while still driving and see that your president has been hit as well as the governor of Texas.

If all that doesn't shake you up to the point of freezing...what would?

If I'm driving the limo and all this is happening around me, I'm going to let up on the gas.

I can only imagine what was going on in Greer's head as he turns his head around and directly facing JFK, sees his head explode into a bloody mass of 6 foot high pink spray.

And hearing Jackie Kennedy cry out loud enough for the Newmans 15 ft. away on the grassy knoll sidewalk to hear her..."OH MY GOD THEY'VE SHOT JACK!"

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe,

The way that I will answer that is like this...

When you sign up for the Secret Service presidential detail,you know that you are putting your life on the line.It's your job,to put your body in harms way to protect the president over your own.

Knowing that you can get killed by doing this,has to put an incredible amount of fear into a person...but that is your job.That is what you signed up to do.

Edited by Michael Crane

14 minutes ago, Michael Crane said:

Joe,

The way that I will answer that is like this...

When you sign up for the Secret Service presidential detail,you know that you are putting your life on the line.It's your job,to put your body in harms way to protect the president over your own.

Knowing that you can get killed by doing this,has to put an incredible amount of fear into a person...but that is your job.That is what you signed up to do.

Limo right side front seat passenger SS agent Roy Kellerman sure didn't put his life on the line for JFK.

He heard JFK call out. Turned to see him hit and then just turned back to man the radio and telling Will Greer ... let's get out-a-here!

Kellerman wasn't so old he couldn't have at least "tried" to climb over the metal bar separating him from Connally and JFK.

Clint Hill "did" put his life on the line trying to get to the limo backseat to protect JFK and Jackie from anymore shots. He was 3 seconds too late.

Watching him leap off the SS car, running in wing tips to the Presidential limo and then grabbing onto the back security agent bar handle you can easily see where one slight slip up and he would have been run over.

Then hanging on for dear life to a slippery back trunk hood right as the limo roared off like a rocket.

That was one Secret Service agent that truly did put his life on the line to do his sworn duty.

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2023 at 6:57 PM, Micah Mileto said:

Sorry I couldn't have The Case For An altered Throat Wound out by the anniversary. The more time the better it will be. My first write-up took 2 years also. so much xxxxing trivia to cram into every page that may or may not be considered "suspicious" - for the sake of completeness I must include and acknowledge every theory and every suspicion even if I don't agree with it.

Edited by Micah Mileto

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 9/28/2023 at 7:30 PM, Pat Speer said:

While this lends credence to Bell's claim she was in the room, it damages her ultimate claim Perry showed her the head wound, and that it was low on the back of the head. Her discussion of trauma rings true, however, and offers us an insight as to why her story changed. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Robert Grossman, Giesecke, and Dulaney also spoke of someone in the room, possibly Kemp Clark, that turned the head to show the wound. This is discussed in High Treason 1.

Edited by Micah Mileto

33 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

Robert Grossman, Giesecke, and Dulaney also spoke of someone in the room, possibly Kemp Clark, that turned the head to show the wound. This is discussed in High Treason 1.

FWIW, Bell claimed she was in the room at the beginning, not at the end, when Clark arrived and inspected the wound. She also claimed she'd been shown the wound by Perry, who, as I recall, claimed he'd never turned the head, and who, I'm fairly certain, said he had no recollections of her being in the room. 

As she had clearly concocted (or grossly misremembered) her story about giving fragments to the SS or FBI, we have no reason to believe any of the other additions to her story. 

I think people need to realize that most of the latter-day recollections of witnesses--whether it be Bell claiming Perry showed her the wound, or Landis claiming he put a bullet on a stretcher--are nonsense, and not to be relied upon. And this cuts both ways.

Didn't Mike Howard cough up some some crazy story about Oswald towards the end of his life? Well, that was obviously nonsense. I put Bell's and Landis' recollections in the same box. 

Edited by Pat Speer