The Education Forum

JFK Researchers We’ve Lost Since the 50th

Gerry Down

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

As key players in the event may also be mentioned, Michael Paine (March, 2018) . Also on the agencies side there were a few, their names escape me for the moment. 

To all, RIP

I guess I included Robert Oswald due to the fact he did write a book "Lee" on the Kennedy assassination. You have other people too like Robert McClelland who might have read up on the topic of the assassination but did not share their research via a finished body of work of some kind such as a book etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 3:20 AM, Gerry Down said:

Did anyone see Michael Brownlow during the 60th? There was a suggestion he may no longer be with us.

According to Casey Quinlan on a recent episode of Project JFK, Michael Brownlow passed away in Aug 2023. RIP.

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2023 at 8:53 AM, Gerry Down said:

According to Casey Quinlan on a recent episode of Project JFK, Michael Brownlow passed away in Aug 2023. RIP.

Did he say what became of Brownlow's JFK materials? I met Mike a couple of times in the plaza, and he told me he'd performed numerous interviews. I don't think they were taped, but I gotta believe he'd have had some notes or something...perhaps even an unreleased manuscript. 

22 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Did he say what became of Brownlow's JFK materials? I met Mike a couple of times in the plaza, and he told me he'd performed numerous interviews. I don't think they were taped, but I gotta believe he'd have had some notes or something...perhaps even an unreleased manuscript. 

No. I don't know anything about his research materials. Gavan McMahon knew Brownlow well and hung around with him. He was interviewed this week on Rob Clarks podcast on the Tippit shooting. I guess McMahon might be someone who could know if Brownlow had an archive of some sort.

42 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Pat, parts 1 and 2 of "Shattered Friday" are available on youtube.  2hrs 20 minutes, 2 hours 30 minutes, 1 was from 2003, 2 from 2008.  I watched a good part of 1 sometime back.

JFK Assassination - Michael Brownlow - Shattered Friday 1 (youtube.com)

JFK Assassination Michael Brownlow Shattered Friday 2 (youtube.com)

2 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Pat, parts 1 and 2 of "Shattered Friday" are available on youtube.  2hrs 20 minutes, 2 hours 30 minutes, 1 was from 2003, 2 from 2008.  I watched a good part of 1 sometime back.

JFK Assassination - Michael Brownlow - Shattered Friday 1 (youtube.com)

JFK Assassination Michael Brownlow Shattered Friday 2 (youtube.com)

Thanks, Ron. I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Bernard Scoville was a dedicated JFK assassination researcher. He passed away in 2022. Bernard Scoville was also a wonderful person. I think he died at age 83 in 2022 but I cannot find his obituary.

https://www.facebook.com/bernard.scoville/

https://radaris.com/Bernard-Scoville/1432617360

Dennis David (May 2017)

Dick Gregory (Aug 2017)

Hugh Clark (Dec 2020)

Dennis David contributed to this forum and Hugh Clark wrote a book related to the assassination so I guess they could be considered researchers in addition to being witnesses.

Is Bernice Moore still with us? Or has she passed away. I see the last time she visited Education Forum was May 14, 2016. I always enjoyed her contributions. Is there an obituary for Bernice if she is no longer with us/

Bernice Moore's Content - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com)