The Education Forum

The 60th vs the 50th

If anyone cares to recall, back for the fiftieth, I think any objective person would say that our side got blown up. 

Pat Speer did a nice chronicle on this that described it in detail. I think it was called "The Onslaught."  Please correct me if that is wrong.

That did not happen this time around. And I think it was for three reasons.

1. Paul Landis got the jump in advance in, of all places, Vanity Fair and the Ny Times.

2. The producer of The Parkland Doctors finally got his film distributed through Paramount Plus, which retitled it What the Doctors Saw, and added Doug Horne and Matt Crumpton, a co author on The JFK Assassination Chokeholds book that I contributed to. This show got some attention in the MSM.

3. Rob Reiner visited some MSM shows to push his podcast on I Heart which is highly rated.

If you compare this to the 50th, I think we did much better this time around.  The Fiftieth was simply a national disgrace, and it began with that pompous, police enforced charade in Dallas which every major network connected to.  I understand that the Plaza was open this time, so they learned from their Sixth Floor/Mayor's office error.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

If anyone cares to recall, back for the fiftieth, I think any objective person would say that our side got blown up. 

Pat Speer did a nice chronicle on this that described it in detail. I think it was called "The Onslaught."  Please correct me if that is wrong.

1. Paul Landis got the jump in advance in, of all places, Vanity Fair and the Ny Times.

2. The producer of The Parkland Doctors finally got his film distributed through Paramount Plus, which retitled it What the Doctors Saw, and added Doug Horne and Matt Crumpton, a co author on The JFK Assassination Chokeholds book that I contributed to. This show got some attention in the MSM.

3. Rob Reiner visited some MSM shows to push his podcast on I Heart which is highly rated.

If you compare this to the 50th, I think we did much better this time around.  The Fiftieth was simply a national disgrace, and it began with that pompous, police enforced charade in Dallas which every major network connected to.  I understand that the Plaza was open this time, so they learned from their Sixth Floor/Mayor's office error.

I was at both.

The 50th was nicely done and very respectful to the fallen President.

The 60th was a Kookfest.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

https://www.patspeer.com/the-onslaught-the-medias-response-to-the-50th-anniversary-of-the-jfk-assassination

https://www.patspeer.com/the-onslaught-part2

Thanks, that was some really good coverage by you Pat.

5 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I chuckled out loud about this line.

November 16: JFK 50: Eyewitness to History is shown on NBC. It is produced by Hugh Aynesworth and The Dallas Morning News. Well, that's the trouble right there.

Jim - I agree, much better. I wish the NYT would have given David Talbot a spot. They asked him to submit one and then turned it down. According to Talbot NYT ran NOTHING. But still, things seem to be improving. 

I watched this online at work.  I guess I can publicly admit that now that I'm retired.  The horse soldiers (DPD) guarding the gates, watching for any dissent.  You weren't the only thing blocked from view Pat, the grassy knoll was as well.

November 22: ABC presents live coverage of the JFK assassination 50th anniversary ceremonies in Dallas. While a number of speeches are presented, most of these discuss Kennedy's life, not death. A local bishop, however, makes a point of denouncing Oswald in his speech. Dallas' mayor, however, makes a speech in which he takes advantage of Kennedy's death to present a rosy view of modern Dallas. Hidden from the TV cameras, behind a police barricade, of course, are thousands of pesky conspiracy theorists, myself included. That politicians and historians will gather in front of cameras and commemorate the memories of murder victims, of course, isn't news. No, the real news story was that those actively keeping Kennedy's memory alive were locked out of Dealey Plaza, and that several of Kennedy's cousins were in attendance at the "conspiracy" convention down the street. Shame on Dallas. And shame on the major news outlets for failing to expose these "ceremonies" for what they were: a paid infomercial put on by the City of Dallas.

Score: Lone-nuts 84, Conspiracy Theorists 29.

aJWDVrler9ctoO64ZZwdSifQWrkQomwvawJk5iSW

When it was first announced I thought, 130 miles away, I'm going.  Then came submit full name, address, DOB, and drivers license number or SSN for Homeland Security approval for consideration for one of the limited number of tickets.  Nope.

I also watched Jeff Morley's speech that night at the Lancer conference.  I remember it being positive, a comment about how many thousands of hits his website was getting that evening.  A feeling of, fifty years, we're still here, searching for the Truth.