The Education Forum

The Men Who Killed Kennedy (Episode 9)

Indeed we are still here. When I wrote my trading cards I settled on LBJ as the most likely suspect. Since then I’ve been down many roads. I’m certain he knew, and would have acquiesced to any such plan. Episode 9 doesn’t prove anything but it’s mighty suggestive. 

16 hours ago, Greg Burnham said:

It's hard to believe that this episode was first aired 20 years ago as of last month! Indeed, in my interview, I even referenced “if they’re still covering it up in 20 years…” and now, here we are.

You mean the episode that was so inaccurate and libelous that the History Channel retracted it and pulled it from circulation?

"The History Channel recognizes that 'The Guilty Men' failed to offer viewers context and perspective, and fell short of the high standards that the network sets for itself. The History Channel apologized to its viewers and to Mrs. Johnson and her family for airing the show." 

2 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

You mean the episode that was so inaccurate and libelous that the History Channel retracted it and pulled it from circulation?

"The History Channel recognizes that 'The Guilty Men' failed to offer viewers context and perspective, and fell short of the high standards that the network sets for itself. The History Channel apologized to its viewers and to Mrs. Johnson and her family for airing the show." 

Name me one highly researched, financed, and non-sanitized factually inclusive JFKA film ( documentary or commercial ) ever made that met the accuracy and libel standards you demand for JFKA truth legitimacy?

No production group and script writer could ever attempt and create any truly honest JFKA film piece and have it meet your standards of accuracy and libel protection.

You trash TMWKK ( and especially "The Guilty Men" episode ) as if they were the work of evil in violating the sacred biblical tenant of truth. 

Obviously you feel the other most famous JFKA films such as Oliver Stone's "JFK" or even Dalton Trumbo's "Executive Action" are of the same integrity soiling cloth?

The reality is that no truly honest JFKA historical film adaption production could ever be made that doesn't include the thousands of factoids and testimonies that contradict the official WC narrative. 

And one that didn't question the integrity of many major players to at least an "inference" degree.

LBJ's corruption was monumental. We all know this. "The Guilty Men" episode in the TMWKK series allowed for respected researchers to voice their beliefs regarding LBJ's corruption as well as a possible role in the JFKA. 

I believe that the History Channel and their parent company caved into a lawsuit pressure campaign that was so massive and born from some of the highest rungs of power unlike anything they ever imagined.

They threw Nigel Turner and TMWKK doc. under the bus rather than face the very real prospect of expending millions of dollars in lawsuit proceedings.

They had to apologize to Lady Bird Johnson?

Talk of LBJ's guilt in the JFKA had already been widely discoursed nationally and even written about starting the day of Kennedy's death! Many best-selling books proposed the same accusatory charge!

How about the Johnson family apologizing to America for LBJ's political and personal business corruption, lies and war policies that caused many thousands of American soldier deaths and millions of those we were ordered to kill?

Nigel Turner's series exposed hugely important truths to the world regarding LBJ's true level of corruption and the much larger corruption machine that ran Texas since the 1930's and 1940's and that permeated into all areas of our government on much higher levels.

Much of what Turner revealed about the JFKA and the major players involved in his TMWKK series was never known before and would have never been known except for it's creation.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Greg Burnham returns - WOW!

You were one of the regularly contributing posters who many years ago kept me pulled into the forum as a non-member reading guest and eventually inspired me to taking the plunge and joining it.

I really enjoyed your interviews of Gerry Patrick Hemming. 

That over-sized personality character of loud, boisterous and bragging bluster who was truly deep in the covert world of combat action intrigue to the degree that I believed much of what he claimed...was true!

Good to see and read your insights here again.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Must have been the anniversary in 2004 that the History Channel UK did a marathon of all the episodes on a Saturday morning. I can’t remember if ‘The Guilty Men’ had been nuked by then, but I got up early and watched it all. Very impactful series.

Whatever about the content, the narration of those first few episodes by Hilary Minster and the eery soundtrack is phenomenal. Definitely dated but a stark contrast from today’s cookie cutter Netflix true crime docs. 

I tried searching for information on Nigel Turner a few months ago but could turn up nothing. Anyone know if he’s still researching the case?

I enjoyed your input in this episode Greg, you came off very well!

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Much of what Turner revealed about the JFKA and the major players involved in his TMWKK series was never known before and would have never been known except for it's creation.

Much of what he revealed? Hrm.. such as the Badgeman nonsense, the unverified and highly dubious testimony of Gordon Arnold and Ed Hoffman, the libelous claims about Johnson's involvement, the wildly incorrect pronouncements about three Europeans having been involved in the shooting and, worst of all, giving Judyth Baker a platform to spew falsehoods? This is hardly worthy of praise.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

the libelous claims about Johnson's involvement ... ?  You couldn't libel LBJ. His entire life was so full of criminal actions you couldn't libel him just recounting 10% of them.

14 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Much of what he revealed? Hrm.. such as the Badgeman nonsense, the unverified and highly dubious testimony of Gordon Arnold and Ed Hoffman, the libelous claims about Johnson's involvement, the wildly incorrect pronouncements about three Europeans having been involved in the shooting and, worst of all, giving Judyth Baker a platform to spew falsehoods? This is hardly worthy of praise.

While we should credit Turner for turning a spotlight on the Kennedy assassination and the research community, he was denounced even at the time by many within the community as a sensationalist more interested in scandal and attention than accuracy. I think history has confirmed this assessment. I think his legacy might benefit by someone's going through and cutting out the weakest stuff, and editing it down to a 2 hour movie. Not that that will happen. 

1 hour ago, Robert Burrows said:

Are you referring to such edifying History Channel fare as Swamp People and The Legend Of Shelby The Swamp Man?

Ha. And how about "The Booze, Bets And Sex That Built America."

TMWKK series was like the video version of Jim Marrs' "Crossfire" examining different theories.

The last one, that LBJ and his Texas friends were involved, was banned.

https://gil-jesus.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/TMWKK-Part-9-The-Guilty-Men.mp4

Edited by Gil Jesus

1 hour ago, Gil Jesus said:

TMWKK series was like the video version of Jim Marrs' "Crossfire" examining different theories.

The last one, that LBJ and his Texas friends were involved, was banned.

https://gil-jesus.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/TMWKK-Part-9-The-Guilty-Men.mp4

Isn’t there an actual video version of Crossfire? I think it was mostly just Marrs talking on a static background.