The Education Forum

Nixon and the assassination.

Cory Santos

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Cory,

We now know that "Houston oil man" GHWB was working for Allen Dulles and the CIA since 1953, and that he was in Dallas on 11/22/63.   Thanks to Joseph McBride, we also know that, "Mr. George Bush of the CIA" was personally briefed by J. Edgar Hoover on 11/29/63 about the status of the FBI's "investigation" of JFK's assassination.

We also know that there have been several peculiar narratives about GHWB's whereabouts on 11/22/63-- including the 11/22/63 GHWB phone call to the FBI about one of Poppy's campaign staffers, and the anomalous Barbara Bush letter to her young children on 11/22/63-- the day she returned home to Houston.

So, it seems like a stretch to claim that GHWB's presence in Dallas on 11/22/63 was a "mere innocent strange coincidence" -- especially considering GHWB's alleged association with Zapata Offshore and the Bay of Pigs op.

Russ Baker has written about this subject at length.

Classic Who: GHW Bush and the JFK Assassination - WhoWhatWhy

Thank you but I have heard these points before.
I have yet to see evidence of anything. Just people’s opinions and interpretations of the above.  What you call “suspicious” I call a coincidence.  If you think former Pres.  Bush was in the CIA prior to 1976 then prove it with evidence, not “well he was associated with X and X was in the CIA so….”    Associations like that are not proof.  
Moreover, I think, though could be wrong, did not Jim DiEugenio give Baker’s book a bad review?

Edited by Cory Santos

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

I have yet to see evidence of anything. Just people’s opinions and interpretations of the above.  What you call “suspicious” I call a coincidence.  If you think former Pres.  Bush was in the CIA prior to 1976 then prove it with evidence, not “well he was associated with X and X was in the CIA so….”    Associations like that are not proof.  
Moreover, I think, though could be wrong, did not Jim DiEugenio give Baker’s book a bad review?

Cory,

If you're interested in the subject, check out Russ Baker's research on the subject, indicating that GHWB was, apparently, involved with the CIA as early as 1953, when Zapata Oil was founded. *  Leslie Sharp's article about Dresser Industries and Allen Dulles' crony, Neil Mallon, (on the previous page) is also relevant here, because GHWB was a Mallon protege.   He even named his son, Neil, after Mallon.

In 1985, Joseph McBride found the Hoover memo about J. Edgar briefing "Mr. George Bush of the CIA," on 11/29/63, about JFK's assassination.  So, GHWB was, obviously, working for the CIA in 1963.

47 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Cory, I recommend this well footnoted monograph by Anthony Kimery from Covert Action 1992.

https://covertactionmagazine.com/2018/12/05/george-bush-and-the-cia-in-the-company-of-friends/

Edited by Leslie Sharp

@Cory Santos @W. Niederhut

Hiding in plain site. FOS photo collection (unindexed):

The Dallas Morning News.  Wednesday, November 20, 1963

CLUB ACTIVITIES

American Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors,

8:30 p.m. Thursday, November 21.

Sheraton-Dallas Hotel:

George Bush, president Zapata Off-Shore Co.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Cory,

If you're interested in the subject, check out Russ Baker's research on the subject, indicating that GHWB was, apparently, involved with the CIA as early as 1953, when Zapata Oil was founded. *  Leslie Sharp's article about Dresser Industries and Allen Dulles' crony, Neil Mallon, (on the previous page) is also relevant here, because GHWB was a Mallon protege.   He even named his son, Neil, after Mallon.

In 1985, Joseph McBride found the Hoover memo about J. Edgar briefing "Mr. George Bush of the CIA," on 11/29/63, about JFK's assassination.  So, GHWB was, obviously, working for the CIA in 1963.

And he was asked about it and it was looked into.  It is not the same Bush.   There is zero evidence it was.  If there was please share.  

42 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

CLUB ACTIVITIES

Sheraton-Dallas Hotel:

Bam!  Outta the park!  I'd been looking again at Baker's end notes, hard to figure out his source from there.  

This is great.  Documentation now that on the evening of Thursday November 21, 1963 George Herbert Walker Bush was in Dallas speaking to the AAODC.  Introduced by Zeppa? 

While Richard Nixon was in town as a lawyer for the Pepsico convention/ Frito Lay merger, along with Joan Crawford, and somebody else important (?)

Nixon stayed the night for sure.  Likely the Bushes and Zeppa too as the speech was at the Sheraton and probably later in the evening.

Two future president's who eventually benefited from JFK's demise.

The next morning there was One President in Dallas with three or four future ones there, maybe not all at the same time.

At 12:30 that changed.

Too strange for a coincidence for me.

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Bam!  Outta the park!  I'd been looking again at Baker's end notes, hard to figure out his source from there.  

This is great.  Documentation now that on the evening of Thursday November 21, 1963 George Herbert Walker Bush was in Dallas speaking to the AAODC.  Introduced by Zeppa? 

While Richard Nixon was in town as a lawyer for the Pepsico convention/ Frito Lay merger, along with Joan Crawford, and somebody else important (?)

Nixon stayed the night for sure.  Likely the Bushes and Zeppa too as the speech was at the Sheraton and probably later in the evening.

Two future president's who eventually benefited from JFK's demise.

The next morning there was One President in Dallas with three or four future ones there, maybe not all at the same time. 

At 12:30 that changed.

Too strange for a coincidence for me.

Please explain how in your mind Pres. Bush benefitted from the JFK assassination. Btw actor Bill Paxton was there that day and he later starred in Terminator, Aliens, and Twister but died young.  Did he also benefit from the assassination and then get silenced?  This is all indeed merely a coincidence and nonsense to suggest it is not without any proof other than them being in Dallas.  Again, I believe Jim D did not think highly of Baker’s book so I am not sure why it is being cited as indisputable authority here.   

Edited by Cory Santos

5 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

CLUB ACTIVITIES

Sheraton-Dallas Hotel:

Thank you Leslie.  I do not think DVP knew he was in Dallas.   David did you know this?

23 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

I do not think DVP knew he [GHWB] was in Dallas.  David, did you know this?

No, I did not.

There are some CTers who think George H.W. Bush was hanging around the front entrance of the TSBD shortly after JFK was shot, which prompted me to create the webpage below and ask this question:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com / Why Would A Plotter Do This?

Edited by David Von Pein

12 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

And he was asked about it and it was looked into.  It is not the same Bush.   There is zero evidence it was.  If there was please share.  

Cory,

You, obviously, need to do some remedial homework on this subject.   The "Mr. George Bush of the CIA" referenced in the 11/29/63 J. Edgar Hoover memo was, in fact, George Herbert Walker Bush.

GHWB and the CIA tried to claim that the memo referred to a low-level CIA accountant named George Bush, but that ruse has been debunked.  See Russ Baker's article (above) for full details.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Cory,

You, obviously, need to do some remedial homework on this subject.   The "Mr. George Bush of the CIA" referenced in the 11/29/63 J. Edgar Hoover memo was, in fact, George Herbert Walker Bush.

GHWB and the CIA tried to claim that the memo referred to a low-level CIA accountant named George Bush, but that ruse has been debunked.  See Russ Baker's article (above) for full details.

Again, I know this already so no I do not need to do anything.  What you need to do, respectfully, is provide proof that it was him instead of just your opinion.  

Edited by Cory Santos

8 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

No, I did not.

There are some CTers who think George H.W. Bush was hanging around the front entrance of the TSBD shortly after JFK was shot, which prompted me to create the webpage below and ask this question:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com / Why Would A Plotter Do This?

Correct he was not there at that time and the photos are not of him.  He was there the night before and early that morning which is nothing more than what I have written about being a “strange coincidence”.

Edited by Cory Santos

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

There is absolutely ZERO evidence that the presence of Bush and Nixon in Dallas was anything but coincidental.

Hmmm.... CIA assets GHWB, E. Howard Hunt, and Ed Lansdale were all in Dallas on 11/22/63.

How does that old Ian Fleming saying go?

"Once is happenstance.  Twice is coincidence.  Three times is enemy action."

Meanwhile, Cory Santos is still refusing to read Russ Baker's definitive account of the proof that "Mr. George Bush of the CIA" was, in fact, GHWB.  I opted to post the link in lieu of the entire article.