The Education Forum

Nixon and the assassination.

Cory Santos

15 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Bam!  Outta the park!  I'd been looking again at Baker's end notes, hard to figure out his source from there.  

This is great.  Documentation now that on the evening of Thursday November 21, 1963 George Herbert Walker Bush was in Dallas speaking to the AAODC.  Introduced by Zeppa? 

While Richard Nixon was in town as a lawyer for the Pepsico convention/ Frito Lay merger, along with Joan Crawford, and somebody else important (?)

Nixon stayed the night for sure.  Likely the Bushes and Zeppa too as the speech was at the Sheraton and probably later in the evening.

Two future president's who eventually benefited from JFK's demise.

The next morning there was One President in Dallas with three or four future ones there, maybe not all at the same time.

At 12:30 that changed.

Too strange for a coincidence for me.

But . . . Russ leaves room for the possibility of a Friday flight from Tyler to Dallas. in writing about the syndicate that used connections in the fascist Franco regime to acquire rare drilling rights in Spain, an operation handled by Delta Drilling, he notes that the owner of Delta Drilling was Joe Zeppa of Tyler, Texas "— the man who transported Poppy Bush from Tyler to Dallas on November 22, 1963."

An interesting exercise was to identify when precisely the American Legion scheduled their 1964 national conference. The timing was not particularly suspicious although I was surprised that size conference could be pulled off a year in advance.

It might be prudent to determine when Pepsi put their convention in Dallas on the books; convention halls have to be reserved, hotel accommodations blocked etc. Did Pepsi only schedule Dallas after rumors Kennedy would head for Texas toward the end of the year, or was the event booked in 1962 allowing sufficient time for preparations.  Frito/Lay was based in Dallas so it was "a natural." (Don Kendall and Nixon had been allies for years.)  Most conventions of any size are booked three-five years in advance in order to reserve hotel space. 

All by way of arguing that Nixon's appearance in Dallas at the Pepsi convention is not out of the ordinary UNLESS Pepsi booked their convention after the announcement of Kennedy's potential trip to Texas and that's fairly implausible. (and, of course one can ask whether Kennedy's trip was scheduled around Pepsi?)

It's also possible that Bush and Zeppa returned to Tyler Thursday night, only to turn around Friday once the announcement was made; final hurdle of this analysis is the scheduled event in Tyler on Friday. What if anything do we know with certainty about that?

Edited by Leslie Sharp

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Hmmm.... CIA assets GHWB, E. Howard Hunt, and Ed Lansdale were all in Dallas on 11/22/63.

How does that old Ian Fleming saying go?

"Once is happenstance.  Twice is coincidence.  Three times is enemy action."

Meanwhile, Cory Santos is still refusing to read Russ Baker's definitive account of the proof that "Mr. George Bush of the CIA" was, in fact, GHWB.  I opted to post the link in lieu of the entire article.

Shocker. Jonathan Cohen is still denying the positive ID of Lansdale in Dealey Plaza by Col. L. Fletcher Prouty, General Victor Krulak, and Lansdale's wife.

Jonathan also doesn't seem to know about the evidence that E. Howard Hunt was in Dallas on 11/22/63.

At best, JC seems to be suffering from a deplorable lack of intellectual curiosity. 🙄

Edited by W. Niederhut

7 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Shocker. Jonathan Cohen is still denying the positive ID of Lansdale in Dealey Plaza by Col. L. Fletcher Prouty, General Victor Krulak, and Lansdale's wife.

Jonathan also doesn't seem to know about the evidence that E. Howard Hunt was in Dallas on 11/22/63.

At best, JC seems to be suffering from a deplorable lack of intellectual curiosity. 🙄

I don't believe a word of what Fletcher Prouty says about this, for what should be obvious reasons frequently discussed on this forum.

I know all about the "evidence" Hunt was in Dallas and it does not stand up to scrutiny.

43 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

I don't believe a word of what Fletcher Prouty says about this, for what should be obvious reasons frequently discussed on this forum.

I know all about the "evidence" Hunt was in Dallas and it does not stand up to scrutiny.

Got it.  You're resorting to an intellectually limited hang out... 🙄

1 minute ago, W. Niederhut said:

Got it.  You're resorting to an intellectually limited hang out... 🙄

Aren't you humorous! Hunt was not one of the tramps, as has been known for more than 30 years thanks to the LaFontaines discovering their original arrest records.

29 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Aren't you humorous! Hunt was not one of the tramps, as has been known for more than 30 years thanks to the LaFontaines discovering their original arrest records.

Where was E. Howard Hunt on 11/22/63?

Wasn't that the subject of a libel lawsuit that Hunt lost?

2 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

So what? That in and of itself is not in any way proof that he was physically in Dallas that day. And by the way, he WON the suit originally.

30 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

For additional background on the actual three Dealey Plaza tramps, click here.

I said nothing about the three tramps.  Are you starting a new debate with yourself?

As for Hunt losing his libel trial-- based on the alleged Corson/Marchetti story-- was Hunt able to establish that he was not in Dallas on 11/22/63?

Edited by W. Niederhut

16 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Please explain how in your mind Pres. Bush benefitted from the JFK assassination. Btw actor Bill Paxton was there that day and he later starred in Terminator, Aliens, and Twister but died young.  Did he also benefit from the assassination and then get silenced?  This is all indeed merely a coincidence and nonsense to suggest it is not without any proof other than them being in Dallas.  Again, I believe Jim D did not think highly of Baker’s book so I am not sure why it is being cited as indisputable authority here.   

That's a pretty deep question Cory.  While many on the right hated many of JFK's polices, economically, internationally (Russia, Cuba, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Mid-East), the oil men of Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana, as well as investors on Wall Street did not like his proposed elimination of the Oil Depletion Allowance.  One possible benefit of JFK's death.  GHWB was in the Oil Bidness as Molly Ivins would say, Shrub benefited from it too. 

I did a quick google search for an article by Jim.  I came up empty.  I've not looked at K & K yet.  Do you have a link?  

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Liberty Lobby, Mark Lane or am I mixed up?

17 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Liberty Lobby, Mark Lane or am I mixed up?

That's the case I was referring to, Ron.

21 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

That's a pretty deep question Cory.  While many on the right hated many of JFK's polices, economically, internationally (Russia, Cuba, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Mid-East), the oil men of Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana, as well as investors on Wall Street did not like his proposed elimination of the Oil Depletion Allowance.  One possible benefit of JFK's death.  GHWB was in the Oil Bidness as Molly Ivins would say, Shrub benefited from it too. 

I did a quick google search for an article by Jim.  I came up empty.  I've not looked at K & K yet.  Do you have a link?  

Perhaps this is what you are referring to?

https://www.universalroyaltyco.com/john-f-kennedy-texas-oil/

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I said nothing about the three tramps.  Are you starting a new debate with yourself?

As for Hunt losing his libel trial-- based on the alleged Corson/Marchetti story-- was Hunt able to establish that he was not in Dallas on 11/22/63?

Who cares if he was able to establish it or not? You certainly cannot establish it one way or the other either. The only "evidence" I'm aware of ever being presented that Hunt was there was the mistaken identification of him as one of the tramps. Are you aware of any other actual evidence to support his presence in Dallas that day?

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

Perhaps this is what you are referring to?

https://www.universalroyaltyco.com/john-f-kennedy-texas-oil/

Yes, great article all should read.  Few know of the subject I think.  Maybe a well intentioned Allowance for investment and exploration but I think it may have bought more than a few sailboats as well.