The Education Forum

Let’s solve this LeMay question now.

Cory Santos

• Cory Santos changed the title to Let’s solve this LeMay question now.

Why did you pick out those days?

30 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Why did you pick out those days?

1-Diem assassination. 
2- Chicago attempted assassination of JFK.    
If the Diem assassination was actually related to the Chicago attempt, I think it probably was, I want to know where certain people were on those days to compare with their whereabouts on 11-22-63.  Let’s start with LeMay and work from there.   It should prove or disprove some things.  

Edited by Cory Santos

43 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

1-Diem assassination. 
If the Diem assassination was actually related to the Chicago attempt, I think it probably was, I want to know where certain people were on those days to compare with their whereabouts on 11-22-63.  Let’s start with LeMay and work from there.   It should prove or disprove some things.  

An interesting thought.

3 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

An interesting thought.

Thank you.  I occasionally have them.   It goes to my overall “strange coincidence” theory.  I would prefer the lottery numbers.   

Edited by Cory Santos

4 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Thank you.  I occasionally have them.   It goes to my overall “strange coincidence” theory.  I would prefer the lottery numbers.   

Sorry, can't help you there..... but hope to be working on an NCAAM basketball model over the next few weeks if time permits.

• 4 weeks later...

I was listening to Coast to Coast last night when RFK Jr was on.  RFK Jr talked about the missile crises in Cuba and how there were many Russians operating the missile sites.  RFK Jr went on to say many in the Pentagon wanted to attack Russia,  but JFK refused to do so and thus caused a major  divide between his uncle  and the Pentagon.  The only person RFK Jr. revealed was Curtis LeMay.  Per RFK Jr,  LeMay called his uncle a traitor.  LeMay was the only person  RFK Jr  pointed out in the attack on his uncle.

2 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

I was listening to Coast to Coast last night when RFK Jr was on.  RFK Jr talked about the missile crises in Cuba and how there were many Russians operating the missile sites.  RFK Jr went on to say many in the Pentagon wanted to attack Russia,  but JFK refused to do so and thus caused a major  divide between his uncle  and the Pentagon.  The only person RFK Jr. revealed was Curtis LeMay.  Per RFK Jr,  LeMay called his uncle a traitor.  LeMay was the only person  RFK Jr  pointed out in the attack on his uncle.

I think it's fair to say that General Lyman Lemnitzer was also not a fan of JFK.

To what degree is the question.

Did Lemnitzer respect his fellow General Curtis Le May more than JFK?

Also wonder what Lemnitzer thought of General Edwin Walker.

Lemnitzer was appointed chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September 1960 allowing to remain on active duty despite having reached the mandatory retirement age of 60. As chairman, Lemnitzer was involved in the Bay of Pigs crisis and the early years of United States involvement in the Vietnam War. He was also required to testify before the United States Senate Foreign Affairs Committee about his knowledge of the activities of Major General Edwin Walker, who had been dismissed from the Army over alleged attempts to promote his political beliefs in the military.

As chairman, Lemnitzer approved the plans known as Operation Northwoods in 1962, a proposed plan to discredit the Castro regime and create support for military action against Cuba by staging false flag acts of terrorism and developing "a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington". Lemnitzer presented the plans to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara on March 13, 1962. It is unclear how McNamara reacted, but three days later President John F. Kennedy told the general that there was no chance that the US would take military action against Cuba. Within a few months, after the refusal to endorse Operation Northwoods, Lemnitzer was denied another term as chairman.[4

]In 1975, President Gerald Ford appointed Lemnitzer to the Commission on CIA Activities within the United States, also known as the Rockefeller Commission, to investigate whether the CIA had committed acts that violated US laws, and allegations that E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis (of Watergate fame) were involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 12/22/2023 at 12:04 AM, Cory Santos said:

1-Diem assassination. 

I think the idea that Diem's assassination was related to the Chicago attempt is pure fantasy. Even most of the South Vietnamese generals who took part in the coup against Diem did not know he would be killed--in fact, they joined the coup on the condition that Diem would not be harmed. When they learned that Big Minh and a handful of other plotters had had Diem executed, they were furious. This fury led to the January 1964 coup that overthrew Big Minh and his junta.

2 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

I think the idea that Diem's assassination was related to the Chicago attempt is pure fantasy. Even most of the South Vietnamese generals who took part in the coup against Diem did not know he would be killed--in fact, they joined the coup on the condition that Diem would not be harmed. When they learned that Big Minh and a handful of other plotters had had Diem executed, they were furious. This fury led to the January 1964 coup that overthrew Big Minh and his junta.

What time were they killed approximately?

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I think it's fair to say that General Lyman Lemnitzer was also not a fan of JFK.

To what degree is the question.

Did Lemnitzer respect his fellow General Curtis Le May more than JFK?

Also wonder what Lemnitzer thought of General Edwin Walker.

Lemnitzer was appointed chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September 1960 allowing to remain on active duty despite having reached the mandatory retirement age of 60. As chairman, Lemnitzer was involved in the Bay of Pigs crisis and the early years of United States involvement in the Vietnam War. He was also required to testify before the United States Senate Foreign Affairs Committee about his knowledge of the activities of Major General Edwin Walker, who had been dismissed from the Army over alleged attempts to promote his political beliefs in the military.

As chairman, Lemnitzer approved the plans known as Operation Northwoods in 1962, a proposed plan to discredit the Castro regime and create support for military action against Cuba by staging false flag acts of terrorism and developing "a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington". Lemnitzer presented the plans to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara on March 13, 1962. It is unclear how McNamara reacted, but three days later President John F. Kennedy told the general that there was no chance that the US would take military action against Cuba. Within a few months, after the refusal to endorse Operation Northwoods, Lemnitzer was denied another term as chairman.[4

]In 1975, President Gerald Ford appointed Lemnitzer to the Commission on CIA Activities within the United States, also known as the Rockefeller Commission, to investigate whether the CIA had committed acts that violated US laws, and allegations that E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis (of Watergate fame) were involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

I thought that Lemnitzer stood as a character witness in the Senate hearings on Walker, whether he was required at the hearings or not. But of course I may not be correct.

3 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

True. Good point.