The Education Forum

Brad Pitt, Joyce Carol Oates and the Road to Blonde

On 3/7/2024 at 11:19 PM, Robert Morrow said:

I don't know if the following is true, but it probably is. Obviously the Kennedys wanted Marilyn at JFK's 45th Birthday party/ fundraiser/ stag party. And at great personal cost to herself Marilyn attended. As for what Jackie Kennedy thought about all this - She told photographer Cecil Stoughton "Screw Jack" and she left the room. - https://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/06/01/marilyn.monroe.birthday.photo/index.html

According to Morris Engelberg, Robert Kennedy told 20th Century Fox executive Milton Gould that JFK wanted Marilyn Monroe to be at JFK’s 45th Birthday party at Madison Square Garden

The filming was anything but smooth. Some days Marilyn showed on the set, on other days she didn’t. She interrupted production to fly to New York, slither into a dazzling gown, and sing “Happy Birthday” to JFK at Madison Square Garden. Her departure caused an uproar at 20th Century Fox, but the president’s brother, Robert Kennedy, told Fox executive Milton Gould that the president wanted Marilyn to be there, and that was that. As usual, Marilyn was tardy, and that time she kept a packed arena waiting leading to Lawford’s prophetic introduction, “the late Marilyn Monroe.” In less than three months she would be indeed dead.

UNQUOTE

[Morris Engelberg and Marv Schneider, DiMaggio: Setting the Record Straight, p. 275]

Robert, you might be interested in this.  I noticed it while enjoying Fox News today.  
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/marilyn-monroes-affair-jfk-confirmed-wiretap-heard-private-investigator-book

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Does Cliff approve the source?

Cliff is all excited because the polling shows RFK is hurting Trump more than Biden.  Earlier today, I saw him pound an entire flask of JD.  I tried to get Dr. Phil on the phone for him but he was already out. 

Edited by Cory Santos

56 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Does Cliff approve the source?

In James Ellroy's hard-boiled masterpiece The Cold Six Thousand, Ellroy fingers Fred Otash as the notorious "Raoul," James Earl Ray's alleged handler.

I have no idea how he made that ID -- but it's a fictional tale, so who knows.  Otash appears in three other Ellroy novels I haven't read yet.

Screenwriter Robert Towne used Otash as his inspiration for Jake Gittes, the Jack Nicholson character in Chinatown.

That is the limit of my interest in, or knowledge of, Fred Otash.

That is hysterical.

Fred Otash, the guy who wanted to hire a high priced call girl to nab JFK and she would not do it.

LOL 😃

12 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Screenwriter Robert Towne used Otash as his inspiration for Jake Gittes, the Jack Nicholson character in Chinatown.

Forget it, Cory.  It's the Ed Forum.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Forget it, Cory.  It's the Ed Forum.

Chinatown is good stuff.   Hey remember that time you and I had dinner in China town in SF?   You ate all that generals chicken then barfed on the corner later.  Hilarious.   

Edited by Cory Santos

13 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Chinatown is good stuff.   Hey remember that time you and I had dinner in China town in SF?   You ate all that generals chicken then barfed on the corner later.  Hilarious.   

That had more to do with the magic mushroom chocolate bar I pounded earlier that evening.

I neglected to mention that.  You thought the grin on my face was because I was glad to see you, and I didn't want to indicate otherwise.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

That had more to do with the magic mushroom chocolate bar I pounded earlier that evening.

I neglected to mention that.  You thought the grin on my face was because I was glad to see you, and I didn't want to indicate otherwise.

Uhmazing.   I did not know that.  

Edited by Cory Santos

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to those tapes.   Why would Otash not keep them?   Oh well.  

Edited by Cory Santos

7 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Hollywood’s blackmailer-in-chief: the dirty cop behind Confidential, the tabloid the stars feared

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/hollywoods-blackmailer-in-chief-dirty-cop-behind-confidential/

Martin Chilton?   Lol, he has only written four books.  J/K.  Actually he has an impressive resume.  Great cite Cliff   

https://www.independent.co.uk/author/martin-chilton

On 5/2/2024 at 11:47 PM, Cliff Varnell said:

Hollywood’s blackmailer-in-chief: the dirty cop behind Confidential, the tabloid the stars feared

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/hollywoods-blackmailer-in-chief-dirty-cop-behind-confidential/

Cliff how did you miss telling me about this article that recently came out?

https://people.com/politics/john-f-kennedys-mistresses/

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

Cliff how did you miss telling me about this article that recently came out?

https://people.com/politics/john-f-kennedys-mistresses/

How?  You ask how?

1)  The subject holds not a scintilla of significance -- a quarter scintilla at best.

2)  I didn't want to distract you from the Prime Objective -- canvassing the neighborhood for permission to put up RFKjr lawn signs.

3)    Payback for your snub of Faye Dunaway as Mrs. Evelyn Mulwray in your list of great Hollywood actress roles.

Understand?  Or is it too tough for you?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

10 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

How?  You ask how?

1)  The subject holds not a scintilla of significance -- a quarter scintilla at best.

2)  I didn't want to distract you from the Prime Objective -- canvassing the neighborhood for permission to put up RFKjr lawn signs.

3)    Payback for your snub of Faye Dunaway as Mrs. Evelyn Mulwray in your list of great Hollywood actress roles.

Understand?  Or is it too tough for you?

1)  I will tell you over and over you must care what happened to Marilyn.  How can you care more about Dhiem then her?

2) The RFK effort is going great.  He is on ballot now in CA.  NV next.  Already several signs up against HOA wishes.  

3)  I will admit to your Dunaway when I get a Veronica Lake from you-and your Marilyn picture in your kitchen.