The Education Forum

Matt Cloud's compilation of Harvey & Lee related coincidences and some theories explaining them

1 minute ago, John Kowalski said:

He was not a stockholder in Permindex. His role was to represent some of its shareholders. In the appendix to a book review I wrote I discuss Bloomfield;s role with CMC. 

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/the-canadian-archives-michele-metta-and-the-latest-on-permindex

Okay.  Perhaps others here can add something of use.  I cannot.  And, dare I suggest that this is a topic for another thread?  What's the connection to this thread?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Matt Cloud said:

Louis Mortimer Bloomfield died in 1984. A few years before his death donated 31 boxes of documents to the Library and Archives Canada. This included correspondence with some well-known politicians such as George H. W. Bush. The one condition Bloomfield placed on the donation was that public access to the papers would be restricted for 20 years after his death. However, when researcher, Maurice Phillips, attempted to gain access to these materials in 2004 he found that Bloomfield's widow, Justine Stern Bloomfield Cartier, was still refusing permission for them to be released into the public domain.

Phillips took Library and Archives Canada to court and won his case. The archives opened them to the public on the condition that only files 50 years or older would be released. I began reviewing these files then in 2018 the archives closed them again. I took them into court and won my case and now most of the files are open to the public.

1 minute ago, John Kowalski said:

Phillips took Library and Archives Canada to court and won his case. The archives opened them to the public on the condition that only files 50 years or older would be released. I began reviewing these files then in 2018 the archives closed them again. I took them into court and won my case and now most of the files are open to the public.

And you are to be commended.  Now, let's see the same diligence with respect to the call put in to the grandchildren of Tina and J.D. Tippt!  

Edited by Matt Cloud

8 minutes ago, Matt Cloud said:

Okay.  Perhaps others here can add something of use.  I cannot.  And, dare I suggest that this is a topic for another thread?  What's the connection to this thread?

My original post was about Bloomfield knowing the Myers who lived in Westport, CT. It is probably just a coincidence that he knew someone who lived close to the Tippits.

Edited by John Kowalski

21 minutes ago, John Kowalski said:

My original post was about Bloomfield knowing the Myers who lived in Westport, CT. It is probably just a coincidence that he knew someone who lived close to the Tippits.

And who are the Myers again?  Perhaps the Tippits called them, and they said go to the FBI.  Jim Hargrove: What do you think?  That might get your Tippits off the hook.  Might.  A bit.  

Maybe the Tippits, after getting the call from Bentley, called the Bushes; maybe the Luces; maybe ... wait for it -- the Skakels.  Time to dig, folks.  

In any case, the Connecticut to Texas connections in this Kennedy assassination, and indeed the Cold War generally, are important, however little remarked upon.

My advice: Stick with the McMahons of Norwalk.  There's a gold mine there.  It leads everywhere, as Deep Throat said.

Edited by Matt Cloud

2 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

And none of this offers any evidence that would prompt your question, “BTW, might RFK have wanted Oswald silenced after 11/22?"

Oh, I didn't do this one.  If Oswald remained alive, and his background became known, there would be a very grave risk that investigation would reveal that Oswald was part of a mole-hunt.  That mole or, if you prefer KGB interlocutor, was as I have remarked elsewhere here, Daniel P. Moynihan who had a living, covert cut-out cover in the CIA's John McMahon. The U-2-CORONA program was run out of the Tregaron estate in Washington, where Moynihan lived from at least as early as 1961-65. Moynihan, having as I said been courier between various interests aligning behind Kennedy would then be exposed as the reason for (a) the Gary Powers exchange, (b) the Bay of Pigs prisoner ransom, (c) the secret agreement to withdraw the Jupiter missiles from Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crises, among other things, all of which would have been deeply embarrassing, indeed fatal to the Kennedy legend.  It's a big topic, obviously.  And there is much more to be said.  But as the book, Farewell America noted, and later David Talbot in Brothers, RFK had sent Moynihan on a secret investigation after the assassination to look into, so it is said, Hoffa and whether organized labor had any involvement.  That report ended up in the hands of French Intelligence and it's contents have never been publicly revealed.  The Oswald Project was a long-term insurance-policy against exposure of Moynihan/McMahon.  That's why Moynihan knew Oswald was in danger.  Whether he was genuinely interested in his protection is another matter.  And that's why RFK had, yes, interest in Oswald not talking as well.  I have been instructed that this is a topic for it's own thread so I will stop there.  But just think -- one brief, nearly incoherent phone call in 1963 could have exposed all this.  Those are the ramifications.  And it's not over.  That's your "Russian Collusion" -- 70 years of secret agreement on engineering the Cold War between Washington and Moscow, and others subsequently, as they became nuclear powers after learning the secrets of The Manhattan Project.

Edited by Matt Cloud

One more for the night: if you want to discuss why Moynihan is/was/must be Deep Throat, the Watergate source, we can discuss.  But that most certainly is a topic for another thread, if not another forum or board altogether.  But of course they are connected, as Nixon either knew, suspected, or found out.  He certainly found out.  On reflection, let's make that "probably found out," if he didn't already know.  

Edited by Matt Cloud

On 2/24/2024 at 4:23 PM, Matt Cloud said:

You might be interested to know that J.D. Tippit's brother, btw, the J.D. from Connecticut I mean, had a brother Wayne, who was an actor, and played an FBI agent in Stone's JFK.

It appears that Wayne Tippit, the actor, could not have been the brother of Jack D. Tippit, the cartoonist. According to Jack D. Tippit's New York Times obituary, he had only sisters... two of them. (And one daughter.)

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/10/20/obituaries/jack-d-tippit-cartoonist-70.html

3 hours ago, Matt Cloud said:

One more for the night: if you want to discuss why Moynihan is/was/must be Deep Throat, the Watergate source, we can discuss.  But that most certainly is a topic for another thread, if not another forum or board altogether.  But of course they are connected, as Nixon either knew, suspected, or found out.  He certainly found out.  On reflection, let's make that "probably found out," if he didn't already know.  

I think we have a pretty solid idea of who Deep Throat is.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/deep-throat-is-revealed

4 hours ago, Matt Cloud said:

I remember the movie Deep Throat.  Which one was Moynihan.  Was Hedi Riken her real name?  As a Whitehouse call girl did Nixon know her personally himself, any proof of such? 

11 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

It appears that Wayne Tippit, the actor, could not have been the brother of Jack D. Tippit, the cartoonist. According to Jack D. Tippit's New York Times obituary, he had only sisters... two of them. (And one daughter.)

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/10/20/obituaries/jack-d-tippit-cartoonist-70.html

Well this says he had TWO daughters, was from Lubbock, Texas, and went to Texas Tech -- where Tina and I think J.D. went.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Tippit

So, again, we have biographical ambiguities, uncertainties, inconsistencies ...

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I remember the movie Deep Throat.  Which one was Moynihan.  Was Hedi Riken her real name?  As a Whitehouse call girl did Nixon know her personally himself, any proof of such? 

This is now the second comment from you now to me which is basically un-addressable.  If you have a sincere, legitimate question, re-formulate please in a manner that can be meaningfully discussed.

Edited by Matt Cloud

16 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

How’s this for clarity: I’ll address you as I see fit and not as you command!  

OTOH, I do hope you can help Geo Kozma.   I have a hard time understanding him.

i am going to edit myself to make myself mor easy to understand.