The Education Forum

Possible New Identification of 2 Witnesses and Almost a Third One

One of them, Eugene Calaway Wyrick, looks like one of the spectators in front of the TSBD. I discovered him in the Dallas Times Herald archives when I was in Dallas last November. His address was mentioned, so I knocked on the door of that address. Unfortunately, the person living there had no idea of who I was talking about. 

https://jfkassassinationfiles.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/witnesses-and-suspects-in-dealey-plaza/

Your website represents a lot of very diligent work. Well done.

Regarding Wyrick, your website notes that he heard "4 shots in rapid succession" that came from "right over his head." Actually, I think he heard 3 shots that came from right over his head, plus a couple more from the street, one of which he misinterpreted as an echo, the other of which was part of the double bang with a shot that originated from the TSBD window, which he confused with a shot from there. At any rate, his name should be added to the "4 shot" witnesses. 

Who is the other witness, and the "almost a third" witness? (not clear from your website)

Has the "cowboy" or "Stetson Hat Man" (i.e., the Black man with glasses and wearing light colored clothes and a light colored cowboy hat, standing in front of the TSBD) ever been identified? Given his position and that he can be seen in various films, etc. looking down Elm Street and also up towards the TSBD window, I'd be very interested in what he had to say, if such statements can be found.

11 hours ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

Thanks for your diligent work. It’s also interesting to see where Virginia Rachley was and as it relates to her testimony about a bullet striking the street. 

I think that what Virginia Rachley Baker saw wasn't actually a bullet, although that was her impression, because what she saw hit the street looked "like sparks" that she imagined a bullet would have made if it had struck there. What I think she saw was the "skull fragment" (Mark Lane's words) or the "whatever it was" (Charles Brehm's words--actually a skull fragment, subsequently picked up by Seymour Weitzman) that landed on the street near Brehm's feet. A splash of red from the fragment landing may have added to the impression that it was "sparks." But I am pretty sure she actually saw a skull fragment land on the street rather than a bullet hitting the street.

25 minutes ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

Regarding Wyrick, your website notes that he heard "4 shots in rapid succession" that came from "right over his head." Actually, I think he heard 3 shots that came from right over his head, plus a couple more from the street, one of which he misinterpreted as an echo, the other of which was part of the double bang with a shot that originated from the TSBD window, which he confused with a shot from there. At any rate, his name should be added to the "4 shot" witnesses. 

Who is the other witness, and the "almost a third" witness? (not clear from your website)

Has the "cowboy" or "Stetson Hat Man" (i.e., the Black man with glasses and wearing light colored clothes and a light colored cowboy hat, standing in front of the TSBD) ever been identified? Given his position and that he can be seen in various films, etc. looking down Elm Street and also up towards the TSBD window, I'd be very interested in what he had to say, if such statements can be found.

« Almost a 3rd one ». It is the lady toward the bottom of the page who was interviewed on the grassy knoll by the Four Days in November documentary. She’s also seen in the DPD hallways. I assume she was interviewed by the police. A police interview report should make it clear that it is her.

The cowboy is unknown, as far as I know.

Nice work Denis.  Were the two guys on the knoll steps with Hudson ever identified?

2 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

The cowboy is unknown, as far as I know.

Did he take the lead role in Blazing Saddles?

8 hours ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

I think that what Virginia Rachley Baker saw wasn't actually a bullet, although that was her impression, because what she saw hit the street looked "like sparks" that she imagined a bullet would have made if it had struck there. What I think she saw was the "skull fragment" (Mark Lane's words) or the "whatever it was" (Charles Brehm's words--actually a skull fragment, subsequently picked up by Seymour Weitzman) that landed on the street near Brehm's feet. A splash of red from the fragment landing may have added to the impression that it was "sparks." But I am pretty sure she actually saw a skull fragment land on the street rather than a bullet hitting the street.

You could be right. But for me, that would stretch credulity a bit for a bone fragment to cause that perception. But my recollection is also that she may be the only witness in her area to claim a bullet struck the street. A few witnesses were on the overpass and then we have the DPD  motorcyclist. I don’t ever recall seeing a witness plat that showed their locations and where they claim bullets struck. 

16 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Nice work Denis.  Were the two guys on the knoll steps with Hudson ever identified?

Excuse me while I whip this out.

On 3/9/2024 at 5:54 PM, Denise Hazelwood said:

It's certainly curious that in the Darnell film he's the only person looking up at the upper floors of the TSBD.

On 3/9/2024 at 1:12 PM, Pete Mellor said:

One of my earliest "discoveries" if you will was that Tink Thompson had misrepresented the statements of F. Lee Mudd in Six Seconds in Dallas, and that Mudd is most probably the man on the steps by Hudson. As far as the man behind them who immediately takes off and runs back into the train yards, I have heard from several researchers that he was Faye Chism's brother, and that he and his girlfriend at the time--who was sitting behind the short wall, and who people called "black dog man"--had no interest in coming forward, and wanted to be left alone. 

Perhaps someone else on this forum has more information... If so, please share...

6 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

One of my earliest "discoveries" if you will was that Tink Thompson had misrepresented the statements of F. Lee Mudd in Six Seconds in Dallas, and that Mudd is most probably the man on the steps by Hudson. As far as the man behind them who immediately takes off and runs back into the train yards, I have heard from several researchers that he was Faye Chism's brother, and that he and his girlfriend at the time--who was sitting behind the short wall, and who people called "black dog man"--had no interest in coming forward, and wanted to be left alone. 

Perhaps someone else on this forum has more information... If so, please share...

Black Dog Man was a woman sitting behind the concrete wall?

The HSCA identified “a very distinct straight line feature...in the region of his hands”.  Rosemary Willis identified BDM as a “conspicuous person” who happened to “disappear the next instant.”  Doesn't sound like a woman sitting behind the wall...

2 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Black Dog Man was a woman sitting behind the concrete wall?

The HSCA identified “a very distinct straight line feature...in the region of his hands”.  Rosemary Willis identified BDM as a “conspicuous person” who happened to “disappear the next instant.”  Doesn't sound like a woman sitting behind the wall...

I believe I heard the story about Chism's brother and his girlfriend from two if not three different researchers. I don't know if I believe it, but they seemed to believe it. As far as "black dog man", the figure is so indistinct I don't think we can tell if it's a man or a woman.  As I sit here right now, I think the image is consistent with a dark-skinned African-American woman dressed all in black's eating her lunch. If I'm not mistaken Marilyn Sitzman supported this possibility by claiming a black woman broke a bottle on the sidewalk just after the shots. And, come to think of it, I think there's footage of this spilled soft drink somewhere--is it in Darnell's footage? I don't recall. But as I recall there's footage of a soda spill right by where this woman was supposedly sitting. 

3 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I believe I heard the story about Chism's brother and his girlfriend from two if not three different researchers. I don't know if I believe it, but they seemed to believe it.

I'll take genuine photographic evidence and witness testimony over Pet Theories any day.

As far as "black dog man", the figure is so indistinct I don't think we can tell if it's a man or a woman.  

Fair enough.

As I sit here right now, I think the image is consistent with a dark-skinned African-American woman dressed all in black's eating her lunch.

She was eating her lunch on top of the concrete wall?

If I'm not mistaken Marilyn Sitzman supported this possibility by claiming a black woman broke a bottle on the sidewalk just after the shots.

On the sidewalk?

And, come to think of it, I think there's footage of this spilled soft drink somewhere--is it in Darnell's footage? I don't recall. But as I recall there's footage of a soda spill right by where this woman was supposedly sitting. 

Again with the sitting?

This doesn't square with the three points of information:  a distinct straight-line feature in the region of the hands, a conspicuous person, disappeared in an instant.

Far more consistent with a shooter.

4 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I'll take genuine photographic evidence and witness testimony over Pet Theories any day.

Fair enough.

She was eating her lunch on top of the concrete wall?

On the sidewalk?

Again with the sitting?

This doesn't square with the three points of information:  a distinct straight-line feature in the region of the hands, a conspicuous person, disappeared in an instant.

Far more consistent with a shooter.

Black Dog Man was not behind the fence. That's Badge Man. Black Dog Man can be seen in one of the Willis photos, and also in the Moorman photo, and is simply a black figure by the short white concrete wall where a soda pop bottle was found...in clear view of Zapruder's and Sitzman's location. The presumption I believe is that the bottle on the wall was the boyfriend's soda pop bottle, and that the girlfriend dropped her bottle. I think Sitzman thought it was done deliberately, moreover. 

While I haven't collected quotes about black dog man, a quick google search shows you that the black dog man figure was right out in the open halfway between Zapruder and Sitzman and the men on the steps. There was simply no way for that person to fire a rifle at Kennedy and not be noticed.  

50 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Black Dog Man was not behind the fence.

I didn't say he was.  I correctly placed him behind the concrete wall in front of the picket fence.

That's Badge Man. Black Dog Man can be seen in one of the Willis photos, and also in the Moorman photo,

BDM is seen only in Betzner 3 and Willis 5.

and is simply a black figure by the short white concrete wall where a soda pop bottle was found

Behind the wall.  The soda was found in front of the wall, yes?

.in clear view of Zapruder's and Sitzman's location. The presumption I believe is that the bottle on the wall was the boyfriend's soda pop bottle, and that the girlfriend dropped her bottle. I think Sitzman thought it was done deliberately, moreover. 

She dropped the bottle while she was sitting and then disappeared in an instant?

While I haven't collected quotes about black dog man, a quick google search shows you that the black dog man figure was right out in the open halfway between Zapruder and Sitzman and the men on the steps.

Factually incorrect.  BDM was behind the concrete wall.

There was simply no way for that person to fire a rifle at Kennedy and not be noticed.  

Not all weapons are rifles.  All eyes were on the motorcade.