The Education Forum

When Jesse Ventura Fired A Mannlicher Carcano

Informative video, fun to watch, but not sure entirely "fair." Ventura uses a Mannlicher Carcano of the same make and model as LHO's (purported weapon), but with WWII wartime surplus there can be variations in quality. 

Also, Ventura tries to use the scope. It may be LHO dispensed with the scope for actual shooting.

This does not change my view that LHO likely only fired one shot, and that to miss intentionally. A re-boot of the Walker shooting. 

But, each to his own. 

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Informative video, fun to watch, but not sure entirely "fair." Ventura uses a Mannlicher Carcano of the same make and model as LHO's (purported weapon), but with WWII wartime surplus there can be variations in quality. 

Also, Ventura tries to use the scope. It may be LHO dispensed with the scope for actual shooting.

I'd be surprised if Oswald didn't switch to the iron sights after the first shot. He probably also didn't struggle as much with the bolt action as Ventura did.

20 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

I'd be surprised if Oswald didn't switch to the iron sights after the first shot. He probably also didn't struggle as much with the bolt action as Ventura did.

Well, maybe.

I wonder if LHO fired only once, as many earwitnesses described the second two, and rapid shots, as different in pitch and volume from the first shot. A few witnesses heard four shots.

Of course, there is possibility of simultaneous shots, shots that were heard simultaneously (even if not fired together, due to the speed of sound), and shots from weapons using silencers. 

As I have stated many times, for me (IMHO) JBC was struck at Z-295 and JFK at Z-313. 

Even LHO could not have worked the bolt that quickly. 

But, each to his own....

Ben,

Jesse Ventura, obviously, didn't make the cut as RFK, Jr.'s running mate this year, but he could still garner an appointment in an RFK, Jr. administration.

Ventura would be a formidable Director of Homeland Security, and he would be the first high-level Presidential appointee in history who has his own action doll!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuCk7D9fl6ogl_vKruWLL

The shared feeling, hearing of the shots being different in sound and intensity was so consensus wide, one can't easily dismiss this fact as meaningless.

It would make so much sense to consider that having a loud gun firing shooter placed in a location that was so laughably visible by hundreds right below as a diversion for the real shooters would be such a simple and basic part of any shooter plan. 

Oswald, or whoever, picked a shooting perch out of a window in a 60 foot high building wall that was so easy to see by everyone in Dealey Plaza and illuminated by the noon time sun so brightly you might have to shade your eyes when looking straight up at it.

And sticking your gun out of the window while shooting so people below can actually see the barrel is just another fact that makes the whole scene so ridiculously improbable.

Oswald was careful to pick a hidden and dark of night shooting location when popping at Walker. And running after one missed shot? 

7 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

The shared feeling, hearing of the shots being different in sound and intensity was so consensus wide, one can't easily dismiss this fact as meaningless.

It would make so much sense to consider that having a loud gun firing shooter placed in a location that was so laughably visible by hundreds right below as a diversion for the real shooters would be such a simple and basic part of any shooter plan. 

Oswald, or whoever, picked a shooting perch out of a window in a 60 foot high building wall that was so easy to see by everyone in Dealey Plaza and illuminated by the noon time sun so brightly you might have to shade your eyes when looking straight up at it.

And sticking your gun out of the window while shooting so people below can actually see the barrel is just another fact that makes the whole scene so ridiculously improbable.

Oswald was careful to pick a hidden and dark of night shooting location when popping at Walker. And running after one missed shot? 

JB-

I contend the GK smoke-and-bang show was a diversion as well. And it worked. 

Having been to Dealey Plaza twice and having stood in each location, both sites were definitely deliberate diversions. I am not 100% convinced that shots were fired from the “Oswald window”. Can anyone answer whether or not there would be any detectible scent of gunpowder on the 6th floor when reporters and police got up there? How long could the scent of gunpowder linger inside if a rifle had been fired? 

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

JB-

I contend the GK smoke-and-bang show was a diversion as well. And it worked. 

Not hardly.  JV is a distraction.  Don't you remember?  It was rehearsed in Executive Action in a canyon in Mexico, on H. L. Hunt's ranch.

Change my mind, or Mark or Sandy's.

5 hours ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

Having been to Dealey Plaza twice and having stood in each location, both sites were definitely deliberate diversions. I am not 100% convinced that shots were fired from the “Oswald window”. Can anyone answer whether or not there would be any detectible scent of gunpowder on the 6th floor when reporters and police got up there? How long could the scent of gunpowder linger inside if a rifle had been fired? 

There are numerous and apparently earnest eyewitness accounts of somebody---not clearly seen enough for an ID---pointing a rifle out of the TSBD/6 and firing. Amos Euins is one such witness, and he was heard contemporaneously giving his account to the DPD on the street under the TSBD. 

I think it is reasonable to say someone fired a rifle from the TSBD 6 as the motorcade passed by. 

That does not mean the true assassin worked from the TSBD 6, or fired a Mannlicher-Carcano. 

5 hours ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

Nick, wouldn't it be highly probable that the three warehouse workers just under the 6th floor window would have smelled gun smoke themselves? Their windows were wide open. You can see them actually sticking their heads out those windows seconds after the shots were alleged to have been fired from there. The shooter also literally stuck the barrel of his rifle out of the window according to one or two eyewitnesses directly below on the street.

So, the workers just below the supposed shooters perch were what ...10 to 12 feet away from the gun blast? Gun smoke ( 3 shots worth ) would easily be smelled by them imo. Senator Ralph Yarborough riding in LBJ's car "60 feet below" the 6th floor window said he smelled gun smoke. 

15 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

There are numerous and apparently earnest eyewitness accounts of somebody---not clearly seen enough for an ID---pointing a rifle out of the TSBD/6 and firing. Amos Euins is one such witness, and he was heard contemporaneously giving his account to the DPD on the street under the TSBD. 

I think it is reasonable to say someone fired a rifle from the TSBD 6 as the motorcade passed by. 

That does not mean the true assassin worked from the TSBD 6, or fired a Mannlicher-Carcano. 

Thanks for your comment, BC. Yes, am aware of the numerous witnesses who saw a rifle projecting from the 6th floor window and pointing downward. Can’t recall any specifically who saw smoke being discharged from the barrel and who smelled gunpowder as well. I think it’s very likely (two) shots were fired from the window, just  wasn’t 100% convinced. We do have one or more witnesses who also saw an individual with a rifle at the opposite end of the 6th floor. 

15 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Nick, wouldn't it be highly probable that the three warehouse workers just under the 6th floor window would have smelled gun smoke themselves? Their windows were wide open. You can see them actually sticking their heads out those windows seconds after the shots were alleged to have been fired from there. The shooter also literally stuck the barrel of his rifle out of the window according to one or two eyewitnesses directly below on the street.

So, the workers just below the supposed shooters perch were what ...10 to 12 feet away from the gun blast? Gun smoke ( 3 shots worth ) would easily be smelled by them imo. Senator Ralph Yarborough riding in LBJ's car "60 feet below" the 6th floor window said he smelled gun smoke. 

Joe,  That was part of my question as I don’t recall any of the three saying they smelled gunpowder. I’m aware of Senator Yarborough’s comment, but I can’t see how the smell of gunpowder from the 6th floor can be reconciled with someone detecting it at street level. The smell at street level was likely from the sewer drain and/or knoll. 

1 hour ago, Micah Mileto said:

Has there been a single accurate simulation of the shooting? That's weird if there hasn't.

No.  Because no one knows for sure how many shots were fired or by how many assassins or from what positions.  

19 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

No.  Because no one knows for sure how many shots were fired or by how many assassins or from what positions.  

From what I know, not a single instance in 60 years has set up a simulation in a way that accurately replicates the target size, rifle, elevation