The Education Forum

Ron Paul on the day "there was a coup, and we lost our government."

He tells Tucker Carlson it was November 22. Paul believes the CIA was directly responsible, and he knew the republic was lost when Allen Dulles was appointed to the WC.

Carlson says, "So the guy who was responsible for the murder was investigating the murder."

Ron Paul Tells Tucker Carlson the Exact Date There ‘Was a Coup and We Lost Our Government’ (msn.com)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dulles has previously resigned from his position in 1961 after reported tensions with Kennedy."

I thought he was fired by JFK, along with Cabbell and Bissell.  Or at least JFK asked for their resignations and if the didn't tender them they would then be fired.

Tucker really thinks it was funny Dulles was on the Warren Commission, laughing his A** off.

8 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

"Dulles has previously resigned from his position in 1961 after reported tensions with Kennedy."

I thought he was fired by JFK, along with Cabbell and Bissell. 

I thought so too. Didn't bother to look it up. There's a link with the "resigned" statement, but it goes to a subscription article (about "The CIA Theory").

2 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

He tells Tucker Carlson it was November 22. Paul believes the CIA was directly responsible, and he knew the republic was lost when Allen Dulles was appointed to the WC.

Carlson says, "So the guy who was responsible for the murder was investigating the murder."

Ron Paul Tells Tucker Carlson the Exact Date There ‘Was a Coup and We Lost Our Government’ (msn.com)

I specifically asked Ron Paul at an Austin, TX fundraiser in 2009 who he thought killed JFK. And his answer to me was a question "Fidel Castro?"

To be FAIR, Ron Paul's view on the JFK assassination have changed greatly since 2009. Ron Paul now knows it was a high level domestic coup d'etat.

At this 2009 Ron Paul fundraiser, I took a poll of the many libertarians in attendance and asked them who killed JFK. About 33% said the CIA. About 25% said Lyndon Johnson and very few, almost none said "Fidel Castro" or "the Russians. There was a scattering of the Mob did it and very low down the ladder was Lee Harvey Oswald alone.

I was a high level organizer in Ron Paul for President - Austin, TX campaign in 2008 and 2012. I was a very active and unpaid volunteer like many of my friends.

I remember Paul running for president. Specifically I remember seeing him in a debate with several other candidates. I was impressed by him being the only one in the group who sensibly pointed out that we (meaning the U.S.) "can't afford to do it."

Unfortunately I can't remember what it was that we can't afford to do.

3 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

RE--Interesting post. 

Again, it is only political outsiders who can speak the truth about the JFKA, or many other topics.

Perfidiousness appears necessary to belong to a major political party in the US. 

7 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

I remember Paul running for president. Specifically I remember seeing him in a debate with several other candidates. I was impressed by him being the only one in the group who sensibly pointed out that we (meaning the U.S.) "can't afford to do it."

Unfortunately I can't remember what it was that we can't afford to do.

KE-

Do you think JFK was the only postwar coup? I wonder about Nixon, Carter and Trump. 

41 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Do you think JFK was the only postwar coup? I wonder about Nixon, Carter and Trump. 

Well, Nixon appears to have been set-up by the Watergate burglary, so I guess that could be called a coup. In fact there was a book about it called Silent Coup.

Carter’s downfall, as I recall, was the Iran hostage crisis and the failed rescue attempt. His election loss could be called a coup only in the sense of the October Surprise (Reagan’s people allegedly conspiring with Iran to hold the hostages till after the election) that may have helped decide the election.

As for Trump, his downfall was being Donald Trump. He didn’t need any help. The fact that he may now be returned to the White House says far more about today’s America than it does about Trump.

3 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Well, Nixon appears to have been set-up by the Watergate burglary, so I guess that could be called a coup. In fact there was a book about it called Silent Coup.

Carter’s downfall, as I recall, was the Iran hostage crisis and the failed rescue attempt. His election loss could be called a coup only in the sense of the October Surprise (Reagan’s people allegedly conspiring with Iran to hold the hostages till after the election) that may have helped decide the election.

As for Trump, his downfall was being Donald Trump. He didn’t need any help. The fact that he may now be returned to the White House says far more about today’s America than it does about Trump.

Thanks for your response. 

7 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Amen, Ron.

This bogus MAGA narrative about Trump being a JFK-like victim of the Deep State is complete nonsense.

Trump isn't a victim.  He's a malefactor.

As for Ron Paul, the debate you refer to was in either 2008 or 2012-- during the GOP primaries.

I recall appreciating Ron Paul's comments about "blow back" from the disastrous Bush-Cheney "War on Terror."

His comments were not well received by McCain and the Republicans in 2008.

Edited by W. Niederhut

On 3/21/2024 at 11:10 AM, W. Niederhut said:

Amen, Ron.

This bogus MAGA narrative about Trump being a JFK-like victim of the Deep State is complete nonsense.

Trump isn't a victim.  He's a malefactor.

As for Ron Paul, the debate you refer to was in either 2008 or 2012-- during the GOP primaries.

I recall appreciating Ron Paul's comments about "blow back" from the disastrous Bush-Cheney "War on Terror."

His comments were not well received by McCain and the Republicans in 2008.

That may have been a 2007 debate. I remember a GOP delegate at a straw poll in Dallas, TX telling me "I saw him [Ron Paul] BETRAY his country LIVE on national TV" in the biggest redneck ignoramus way possible - referring to Ron Paul opposing the Iraq War and talking about blowback.

29 minutes ago, Robert Morrow said:

That may have been a 2007 debate. I remember a GOP delegate at a straw poll in Dallas, TX telling me "I saw him [Ron Paul] BETRAY his country LIVE on national TV" in the biggest redneck ignoramus way possible - referring to Ron Paul opposing the Iraq War and talking about blowback.

That's the debate I watched, Robert.

But I think it was during the 2008 Republican Presidential primaries-- with McCain, Huckabee, Ron Paul, et.al.

Ron Paul was like a fish out of water in those debates, for criticizing Bush & Cheney's imploding, "War on Terror."

There was a great bumper sticker going around in those days-- "We're Making Enemies Faster Than We Can Kill Them."

Geez...can we get Ben's MAGA spam off of this Ron Paul thread?

I posted a detailed commentary for Ben on the subject of Kremlin and MAGA disinformation about Russiagate last night-- in response to Ben's deeply-flawed WSWS article about Russiagate and CIA infiltration of the Democratic Party. 

I pointed out to Ben that Kremlin-funded sites like WSWS have an objective of undermining Biden and the Democratic Party-- for the purpose of weakening U.S. support for Ukraine.

(Kremlin-funded propaganda sites in the West are not confined to the right-wing MAGA media.)

To my knowledge, Ben never read or acknowledged my rebuttal.

Now Ben is simply spamming the board with more MAGA propaganda.

I will concede that there is no dearth of MAGA propaganda denying Russia-gate.

But spamming the board with it is not a way to engage in a rational, intellectually honest debate.

The idea that somehow Trump was deposed by the Deep State, and that he has any significant comparisons to JFK is I think not just unfounded but kind of humorous.

I wrote a couple of articles on the Insurrection for my substack site.

Someone tried to make that comparison. I replied hold it, it was Trump who approved that crazy fake electors plan, encouraged thousands to come to Washington on that day, and then fired them up to go to the Capitol. So who was trying to derail who?

Edited by James DiEugenio