The Education Forum

The Solar Eclipse In Dealey Plaza

Like millions of others in the United States, I experienced the incredible total solar eclipse today (Monday, April 8th, 2024). Total darkness descended upon my front yard in central Indiana at 3:06 PM (EDT) and lasted for almost four minutes. It was an amazing sight to be sure.

And in Dallas, Texas, at the site of President Kennedy's assassination, many people gathered to watch the eclipse in Dealey Plaza. I captured the three images below via the Sixth Floor Museum's Dealey Plaza Cam. Click to enlarge:

Dealey-Plaza-Dallas-Texas-During-Total-S

Which reminds me that an eclipse in 1919 was the start of our present Einsteinian dark age of science. The fake 1919 measurement of the bending of starlight passing near the Sun supposedly confirmed Einstein's predicted bending of light, &  gave impetus to the Einsteinist cult, the cult is still active today. Cultists will adore Einstein on the anniversary of his death (14 march 1979 -- 18 april 1955).

I have shown that Einstein's prediction was correct, ie his postulates (re what we might call the bending of time)(plus what we might call the bending of space) do indeed lead to a doubled bending, ie doubled compared to the old simple calculation for Newtonian bending. And i have shown that Einstein's prediction is based on faulty reasoning & faulty postulates.

And, after being No1 re Einsteinian krapp, i got bored & came to the jfk forums, where i am now No1 re jfk krapp.

It took me 2 years to solve the dark age of jfk. Solving the dark age of Einsteinian krapp took me 8 years.

Edited by Marjan Rynkiewicz

Back on 23 Oct 1976 i was fishing on the end of the Mordialloc pier in Melbourne, all alone, when the Sun went out. I did not even know that we were going to have an eclipse. The seagulls got a fright & went quiet. Most of them roost on an island at night, & they thort that they had missed the boat. I think i caught a few small gars.

Melbourne will see another eclipse on 26 December 2038 (ie 62 years after the 1976 eclipse). I will post some pix.

Edited by Marjan Rynkiewicz

4 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Like millions of others in the United States, I experienced the incredible total solar eclipse today (Monday, April 8th, 2024). Total darkness descended upon my front yard in central Indiana at 3:06 PM (EDT) and lasted for almost four minutes. It was an amazing sight to be sure.

And in Dallas, Texas, at the site of President Kennedy's assassination, many people gathered to watch the eclipse in Dealey Plaza. I captured the three images below via the Sixth Floor Museum's Dealey Plaza Cam. Click to enlarge:

Excellent, DVP! You know this IS a conspiracy between the moon and the sun (two actors), correct? The Luna Nut Theory :) Seriously-thanks!

I kept thinking all day today about that line spoken by a hen-pecked husband in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum: "Never fall in love during a total eclipse."

6 hours ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

And, after being No1 re Einsteinian krapp, i got bored & came to the jfk forums, where i am now No1 re jfk krapp.

It took me 2 years to solve the dark age of jfk. Solving the dark age of Einsteinian krapp took me 8 years.

Excellent research indeed.

Have you ever considered the Bermuda Triangle phenomenon?

Edited by Michael Crane

I watched the eclipse from the university football stadium in Stephenville Texas, with just a wag, 1000-2000 others.  They had a split screen on the 66' X 22' video screen.  1/2 was a stream from 10 miles away at the schools Hunnewell ranch where their telescope is of the eclipse as it progressed.  The other of it from other cities via NASA, in Mexico, Dallas, Little Rock and Russellville Arkansas.  So, you could take a break from leaning back to watch it through your "viewers", my back still ached a bit afterwards.  

They also played an incredible song list relating to the moon, sun, space without repeating anything.  Many I've not heard in a while.  Waiting for the Sun by the Doors, Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles, Let the Sun Shine by Aquarius, Dancing in the Moonlight.  Hot Dogs, Popcorn, Pretzels.  A fun and festive mood with even a few people dancing to the music.

3 hours ago, Michael Crane said:

Excellent research indeed.

Have you ever considered the Bermuda Triangle phenomenon?

The Bermuda Triangle stuff is interesting. 

I suspect that the navigator of Flight 19 was a relative of Hickey.

14 hours ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

I suspect that the navigator of Flight 19 was a relative of Hickey.

I laughed out loud at this.

From Fort Worth, where JFK spent his last night on this earth.

Thousands view total solar eclipse from Fort Worth's Botanic Garden (msn.com)

One more from the sound track at Tarleton yesterday.

Can't get this one out of my mind since they played it for the eclipse.  Hadn't hear it in years.  Thought sharing might cure my malady.

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 4:52 PM, David Von Pein said:

FYI / Addendum / Eclipse Follow-Up....

A Mr. Brian Roselle took some spectacular still pictures of the April 8th eclipse from Lake Santee, Indiana (which is about 70 miles southeast of my location here in the Hoosier State). Brian today sent me this link to his incredible eclipse photographs:

Brian-Roselle-Eclipse-Photos-Logo.png

Addendum #2....

My brother took this video from my front yard during the eclipse:

http://dvp-potpourri.blogspot.com/2024/04/total-solar-eclipse-april-8-2024.html

Edited by David Von Pein