The Education Forum

A Sorry "Nightmare" Of A Book

"Someone even wrote a book that borrowed so heavily from my own original work (much of it without credit), that I thought I was reading With Malice, until I started encountering every crazy falsehood and distortion ever written about the Tippit case." -- Dale Myers (11/22/2023 blog post)

http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2023/11/six-decades-of-truth-and-consequences.html?m=1

Edited by Bill Brown

6 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

So you don't believe Tippit was on the grassy knoll? Who do you think badge man was so, Roscoe White?

Next to the Tippit’s body was substituted for JFK’s body for the autopsy, one of the most preposterous JFK assassination theories out there. Though the Umbrella Man as firing a flechette to tranquilize JFK is also a contender.

13 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

So you don't believe Tippit was on the grassy knoll? Who do you think badge man was so, Roscoe White?

Gerry,

The sad part here is that McBride has Tippit as Badge Man. 

42 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

"Someone even wrote a book that borrowed so heavily from my own original work (much of it without credit), that I thought I was reading With Malice, until I started encountering every crazy falsehood and distortion ever written about the Tippit case." -- Dale Myers (11/22/2023 blog post)

http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2023/11/six-decades-of-truth-and-consequences.html?m=1

are you sure he wasn’t reading his own book? sillier things have happened 

13 minutes ago, Sean Coleman said:

are you sure he wasn’t reading his own book? sillier things have happened 

I think it’s possible to do good research and still draw some unwarranted conclusions. Myer’s work on debunking Badgeman and the acoustics analysis was good but I don’t agree at all with his graphical reconstruction of the assassination. I don’t agree with his explanation of the motions of Tippit’s killer just before encountering Tippit. Some things he doesn’t pursue adequately such as why Callaway’s description of the route he and Scoggins took to find the gunman changed between November 22 and a later account. If Myer’s conjecture that Tippit’s killer spent a few minutes trying to hide in the furniture warehouse before moving on, it’s possible that the killer might have been spotted by Callaway despite removing his jacket.

Yeah - good research, bad conclusion. Seem to remember the parts about JD’s early life, family etc. were a bit romantic and fluffy. Good read. Bought it for a pretty penny, then the dog chewed it up. Think he was trying to tell me something….

6 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

Gerry,

The sad part here is that McBride has Tippit as Badge Man. 

That is BS.  The chapter in the book titled Badge Man considers the possibility somewhat skeptically and includes much other info on other subjects.  E.G, O'Donell and Powers, Gordon Arnold, Was Badge Man a Black Woman?  Then the Belmont memo, you've read it, I guess?  He concludes: "And it would have been not only implausible but simply impossible for a policeman at work in Oak Cliff around 12:17 to have been part of the shooting in Delay Plaza less than fifteen minutes later."  From pg. 571, actually the chapter covers pages 539 - 579, 32 of them.

Buy a copy and read it first.

Into the Nightmare: My Search for the Killers of President John F. Kennedy and Officer J. D. Tippit: McBride, Joseph: 9781939795250: Amazon.com: Books

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

That is BS.  The chapter in the book titled Badge Man considers the possibility somewhat skeptically and includes much other info on other subjects.  E.G, O'Donell and Powers, Gordon Arnold, Was Badge Man a Black Woman?  Then the Belmont memo, you've read it, I guess?  He concludes: "And it would have been not only implausible but simply impossible for a policeman at work in Oak Cliff around 12:17 to have been part of the shooting in Delay Plaza less than fifteen minutes later."  From pg. 571, actually the chapter covers pages 539 - 579, 32 of them.

Buy a copy and read it first.

Into the Nightmare: My Search for the Killers of President John F. Kennedy and Officer J. D. Tippit: McBride, Joseph: 9781939795250: Amazon.com: Books

No.

It's not "BS" at all.

Maybe you should run off and watch some of the more recent podcast interviews McBride has done.  He has Tippit shooting at the President from behind the fence atop the knoll.

11 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

No.

It's not "BS" at all.

Maybe you should run off and watch some of the more recent podcast interviews McBride has done.  He has Tippit shooting at the President from behind the fence atop the knoll.

The topic of your thread is A Sorry Nightmare of A Book.  An obvious reference to Into The Nightmare.  Everything I referenced and quoted was from the Badge Man chapter in that book.

I've listened to some of Joseph's interviews/pod casts in the last few years.  I don't remember him saying Tippit was on the Grassy Knoll.  Do you have a link?  Or should I just run off and forget about it?

I get so sick of assassination buffs on either side of the fence slamming another person's theory as "preposterous" or other such words!

You don't have to agree with every theory presented by every author out there but I'll tell you that I haven't heard a theory yet quite as preposterous as the "official story" presented by the Warren Commission!

First of all, I give anyone credit who sees that the "official story" is a sham! And if they at least try to explain it in some other way then they automatically have more credibility than any of our government investigations, lol!

I'd sooner believe any of the conspiracy theories out there than to believe that laughable story the FBI and then the Warren Commission concocted!

I respect the hell out of authors who have gotten out there and talked to witnesses and did actual research and although I may not always agree with their conclusions, I am glad people are trying to peel back the layers to find the truth!

And if you're one of those folks always slamming everyone else and their theories on what happened in Dealey Plaza or in Oak Cliff, then how about you tell us your theories genius? Tell us what research you've done and what witnesses you have talked to.

And remember, consumers... "avoid the Internet forums at all costs. They are a colossal waste of time.

"Those forums are entertainment websites, not serious vessels of education. They are largely populated by one of two groups – newbies who know nothing about the case, or Internet trolls feeding on the newbies."

We're the Robert Booth Nichols of the Web.

9 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

I get so sick of assassination buffs on either side of the fence slamming another person's theory as "preposterous" or other such words!

You don't have to agree with every theory presented by every author out there but I'll tell you that I haven't heard a theory yet quite as preposterous as the "official story" presented by the Warren Commission!

First of all, I give anyone credit who sees that the "official story" is a sham! And if they at least try to explain it in some other way then they automatically have more credibility than any of our government investigations, lol!

I'd sooner believe any of the conspiracy theories out there than to believe that laughable story the FBI and then the Warren Commission concocted!

Don't forget the DPD's contributions to the concoctions, beginning with DPD Sgt Henslee's radio-transcription inventions.

9 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

I respect the hell out of authors who have gotten out there and talked to witnesses and did actual research and although I may not always agree with their conclusions, I am glad people are trying to peel back the layers to find the truth!

And if you're one of those folks always slamming everyone else and their theories on what happened in Dealey Plaza or in Oak Cliff, then how about you tell us your theories genius? Tell us what research you've done and what witnesses you have talked to.

On 4/13/2024 at 11:57 AM, Bill Brown said:

Two sections of Myers' 11/22/2023 recap here of the events of 11/22/63 have since been discredited.  Brennan's supposed description of the man and rifle in the window came not from Brennan, but from an unnamed individual who saw the suspect run out of the depository "shortly after the shooting", according to FBI dispatches, including one from James R. Malley to Gordon Shanklin.

And cab driver William Whaley did NOT drive Oswald to a spot "five blocks past his room".  As Whaley recounted it, in a "Four Days in November" video segment, he "turned left at the 500 block of N. Beckley..."  In total confusion, Whaley--both here and in his Commission testimony--has separated the "500 block" from the intersection of Beckley and Neely, 5 blocks south of the rooming house, and the actual 500 block.  "No, sir.  I didn't drive until I reached the 500 block.  I drove until I reached Beckley and Neely", as he tells counsel Ball.  However, he tells his video interviewer that he "turned left at the 500 block of N. Beckley", which turn onto Beckley was actually at the 1000 block.  Either way, Whaley seems to be under the impression that he left Oswald off near his rooming house, whether the 500 block or the 1000 block.  All that he seems to know for sure is that Oswald told him, 'This will do fine".  Which instruction apparently happened at the 1000-block turn.  Hence Whaley's mistaken designation of the latter as the 500 block, Oswald's original instruction.  

Letting Oswald off near the rooming house would take about five minutes off his subsequent travel time from the latter.  If he were, then, actually heading towards 10th & Patton, he would have arrived there about 1:10.  Some little speculation, then, would be required to have Oswald and Tippit together there as late as 1:14 or 1:15.  Speculation aside, however, Oswald was not the man who encountered Tippit at about 1:14 or so.

38 minutes ago, Donald Willis said:

Letting Oswald off near the rooming house would take about five minutes off his subsequent travel time from the latter.  If he were, then, actually heading towards 10th & Patton, he would have arrived there about 1:10.  Some little speculation, then, would be required to have Oswald and Tippit together there as late as 1:14 or 1:15.  Speculation aside, however, Oswald was not the man who encountered Tippit at about 1:14 or so.

It really wouldn’t be necessary to drive 5 blocks past the rooming house to see that there were no police or investigators present at the rooming house. If Oswald was let off just a block away, it would save 4-5 minutes perhaps allowing him to reach Marsalis and turn around to encounter Tippit head on. This would explain why Oswald was not spotted by Scoggins or Markham crossing Patton as they would not yet be present to see it.

Edited by Kevin Balch