The Education Forum

Favorite author-Jim DiEugenio; favorite researcher-Pat Speer

8 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

And yet, we now have a moderator who can't help himself and who feels it's perfectly proper to suggest someone more knowledgeable than himself-who dares to disagree with his whimsical and fantastical conclusions regarding a supposedly serious matter--is a dis-informationist. And deserving of contempt. And should, by extension, be banished from the research community. 

My calling Pat out has absolutely nothing to do with differences of opinion or differing theories. It has everything to do with his practice of misrepresenting and cherry-picking facts in an attempt to bring them inline with his beliefs.

He will not only misrepresent evidence and testimony, but will misrepresent the beliefs and theories of opposing researchers in order to discredit them.

And when Pat is called out for doing this and is proven wrong, he doubles down on it rather than admit he made a mistake.

I have considerable tolerance for other people's opinions. But I have a low tolerance for dishonest behavior.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/5/2024 at 3:35 PM, David Von Pein said:

Well, Pat, given the wholly-untenable alternative(s) that would have no choice but to be true in order for the Single-Bullet Theory to not be true, I do indeed believe that the SBT can be categorized as more of a "fact" versus merely a "theory".

After weighing all of the possible options and alternatives, it couldn't be clearer to me that the single-bullet conclusion is by far the best solution. And it's rather incredible to me that so many people have such a hard time seeing the obvious truth that resides within those three controversial letters—S.B.T.

XX.+Single-Bullet+Theory+Blog+Logo.png

Hi David.  I prefer the Single-Bullet-Fantasy aka the zig zag theory.  You know, it went down and in at T-3, then up and out the front throat entrance wound, then down again into Connally's arm pit traversing and taking out about 4-5" of a rib, exiting near the right nipple, smashing the right radius, spewing a fragment into his left thigh.  And remaining pristine, to be found on a kid's bloody stretcher, available for viewing at the National Archives.

Or maybe the ASS-Bullet.  Arlen Specter's Spinchter.  You know when he heard about the Tague bullet he had to tighten up a bit, get worried.  Mabe Angleton heard of this and slipped him a pill from Gottlieb, here Arlen, go home and take this and relax, you'll think of something.  About as believable as the sbt.

What, you've never read of Angleton tripping?  Read up.

Posted (edited)

The late Edward Epstein put this matter to bed.

Decades after he published his book Inquest, he finally revealed what Specter actually told him about the invention of the Single Bullet Fantasy.   Epstein asked him why it took four months to come up with it and how he convinced the Commission of it.  Specter replied with:

1.) The FBI and Secret Service didn't know all I knew and

2.) He showed the Commission the Z film in slow motion.  He then said, its either my theory or we start looking for a second assassin.

Is that not just about what Kevin Costner said in Stone's JFK?  They didn't believe it but they understood  they needed it.

Imagine admitting to this is in a court of law?  Sylvia Meagher's book was so aptly titled.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 5/4/2024 at 3:48 AM, Pat Speer said:

4. The dark area on the back of the head  in the Z-film is apparent on the back of other heads as well, so I suspect it's just a photographic anomaly. But I would admit that IF any alteration was performed on the film, it would be of this nature. Now, some have claimed that the explosion of the skull on the front of the head was faked as well, but that's just ludicrous, akin to claiming someone confessed to a crime so we would think he was innocent. The large head wound is 100% clear proof the shooting did not go down as purported by the WC. I dug through the dirt and went back and read dozens of articles on the wound ballistics of the rifle, and proved the WC and HSCA wonld ballistics experts, Olivier and Sturdivan, lied through their teeth, in order to confess the public JFK's wound was a typical military rifle wound. It was not. Now, my friend Gary Aguilar has taken from this that non-military ammo was used, and that they covered this up, and I think that's worth thinking about, but this idea that they faked a gigantic head wound to make people think it was lil' ole Oswald firing from behind makes little sense. 

But then there is the frame where Jackie’s white-gloved hand can be seen where the back of his head should be—not to mention all the problems with the “2 NPIC Events,” the head shot not matching Dino Brugioni’s recollections, John Costella’s proofs, etc. It’s not just the shadowing of the head, but a whole bunch of little “tells” that have convinced me that the film was altered. Believe me, no one wants to believe that the government has lied to us about what happened, but the evidence points to that as having happened. It wasn’t a conspiracy to murder— but rather to cover up the AR-15 accident and hide the embarrassing response of the SS to what was happening. The truth would have destroyed the notion that the U.S. was infallible.

5. As far as the red spot...it is not a hole. No one at the autopsy saw a hole in that location. Even worse, this hole was "discovered' after the Clark Panel realized the trajectories from the building and through the brain proposed in the autopsy report made no sense. So, instead of rethinking their conclusions as to how many shots were fired, or from where they were fired, they simply moved the wound. It is a total HOAX in my opinion. One

I agree with you on this 100%. There was an entrance wound at the EOP location. But for the EOP entrance and the WC exit (which I like for the entrance and exit points of the AR-15 shot), and for the Z-film to be real, then the trajectory would indicate (given the head position in Z312) that the shot came from the trunk of the car! Which is, of course, a ridiculous notion. Hence the Clark Panel and HSCA “moved” the entrance up to the red spot at the cowlick in order to make the TSBD trajectory work.

And yet when I talk to normies about the case most all have heard of Landis and maybe even Donahue's Hickey-did-it theory, etc, but virtually none of them are aware of the historical fact lawyers and doctors working for the government moved, first, Kennedy's back wound, and second, the entrance wound on the back of Kennedy's head. 

Again, I agree 100% that the back wound was “moved” to the neck and the EOP wound was “moved” to the cowlick red spot. The question is “Why?” I have a Hickey theory that is different from Donahue’s original theory, but I do think that Donahue was on the right track with the AR-15 accident idea. I invite you to go to my website and watch my videos (start with the videos first). See if this scenario doesn’t make sense. I am working on a new long article (not yet finished, but contains some interesting new information that I didn’t have when I created my videos), but the first shot information is mostly done. You can see the work in progress at https://www.a-benign-conspiracy.com/what-happened.html for now but I might change the name/link before I am done (I’ve already changed it twice and I am nowhere near done.) When I do get it finished I’ll post it as a thread on this forum. But my work does require a concession that the Z-film and autopsy images were altered. If you watch my videos (YouTube links at https://www.a-benign-conspiracy.com/episodes.html) you’ll know where I’m going with all this.

And by the way, I have you to thank for first learning about the existence of Alan Smith, whom I didn’t know about until I came across his name on your website. I then tracked down the original Chicago Tribune article—in fact, the whole damn paper (The Chicago Tribune had a reporter, Robert Young, who was embedded in the motorcade, which is probably why they were able to publish information not found in other newspapers.) which had a lot of interesting information. 

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

The late Edward Epstein put this matter to bed.

Decades after he published his book Inquest, he finally revealed what Specter actually told him about the invention of the Single Bullet Fantasy.   Epstein asked him why it took four months to come up with it and how he convinced the Commission of it.  Specter replied with:

1.) The FBI and Secret Service didn't know all I knew and

2.) He showed the Commission the Z film in slow motion.  He then said, its either my theory or we start looking for a second assassin.

Is that not just about what Kevin Costner said in Stone's JFK?  They didn't believe it, they understood  they needed it.

Imagine admitting to this is in a court of law?  Sylvia Meagher's book was so aptly titled.

I forgot to add:

Why did Epstein not reveal this until the new millenium?

After all the theme of Inquest is political truth.

How could you get more political than an ultimatum like that?

On 5/9/2024 at 12:36 AM, James DiEugenio said:

I think he had help in imagining the SBT.  Maybe not LSD from Angleton but a suggestion from someone at the CIA, Angleton or Helms, indirectly?