The Education Forum

Involvement of the Secret Service

4 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

In a good, slow-motion magnified version of the Z-film, you can see DCM is actually waving with his hand open.

That was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread or elsewhere.  That DCM was first waving his hands to get the drivers attention then stepped into the street and closed his hand into a fist.  It would be nice to see more photographic evidence of such.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I know there are other photo's/film.  But I found this interesting tonight.  He is down on the street near the limo raising his fist right before the head shots.  He is sitting down with Umbrella Man after the assassination.  In this picture it seems he walked toward the grassy knoll in between.  With the radio in his back pocket and the antenna sticking up?

John F. Kennedy Assassination Homepage :: The Umbrella Man

Yes, this is one of the photos I mentioned. I believe I've seen an enlargement of it and another with the device to his face. 

14 hours ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

Yes, this is one of the photos I mentioned. I believe I've seen an enlargement of it and another with the device to his face. 

Could he have been involved with railroad or construction work? You would think someone involved in assassination activity would be more discrete or at least collapse the antenna.

4 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

Could he have been involved with railroad or construction work? You would think someone involved in assassination activity would be more discrete or at least collapse the antenna.

With his attire and beret, I don't see how he would be. I agree with your comment, but not much surprises me about the JFKA and he may also have had phony ID on him if confronted. 

Even later he is walking in the grassy median between Main and Elm, almost but not quite walking in train with two men in suits.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 1:18 PM, Nick Bartetzko said:

With his attire and beret, I don't see how he would be. I agree with your comment, but not much surprises me about the JFKA and he may also have had phony ID on him if confronted. 

He does appear to talk into his radio (but it as after the assassination when he is still sitting down) but it could also be just a regular radio receiver and he is trying to listen to it over the noise of the crowd.

Umbrella Man and DCM are in a dangerous location if there was a shooter from the south knoll.

Edited by Kevin Balch

On 5/29/2024 at 6:10 PM, George Govus said:

Even later he is walking in the grassy median between Main and Elm, almost but not quite walking in train with two men in suits.

I don't remember reading about this or seeing it before George.  Was it a photograph or in a film?  I'd really like to see it.  Do you remember where you saw it?

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I don't remember reading about this or seeing it before George.  Was it a photograph or in a film?  I'd really like to see it.  Do you remember where you saw it?

I recall such a photo and recall a comment by someone who claimed to know a man nicknamed "Gator" and that that individual walked with a limp. I think that claim was made by Tosh Plumlee, a forum member who claimed to be on the South Knoll. Wish my memory was a bit better at times....

@Ron BulmanSorry! It was here on this forum, I don't recall which thread, who posted the picture, what is the source. Black and white photo. Maybe there were two similar shots? It was not all that long ago. Maybe someone else will pipe up.

So far I haven't found it among the four thousand images on view at https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/index.php

On 5/29/2024 at 10:58 AM, Kevin Balch said:

Could have been a transistor radio. Or something more nefarious made to look like a transistor radio.

On 5/13/2024 at 9:34 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I've come to believe over the years that some agents in the Secret Service were involved in the John F. Kennedy assassination beforehand, during the assassination itself, and the cover-up afterwards.

Beforehand. 

Let's keep in mind here the true head of the Secret Service was the Secretary of the Treasury, C. Douglass Dillon, appointed by JFK.  Not a friend of his, but friends of JFK critic John D. Rockefeller and his employee Allen Dulles.  Beneath him was Chief Rowley and his assistant Paul Paterni, SS since the 1930's but OSS in WWII in Italy with Angleton.

It's been argued before over who but someone in the SS approved the venue, the Trade Mart over the Womens Building at Fair Park.  The decision determined the route, past the Texas School Book Depository.  Which when an agent whose name escapes me rode the route and rounded the corner from Main onto Houston and saw it was startled, but said nothing a day or two before.  The turns from Main onto Houston and it onto Elm violated SS protocol.  Then there is the agents on the bumper and running boards controversy, debunked by Vince Palamara.

Was the Cellar part of Beforehand?  After Wahington to San Antonio to Houston to Fort Worth was it a planned respite for some of his SS team?  They didn't serve alcohol, though the owner provided it for some guests.  A block or two from the Hotel where JFK spent his last night on earth.  

The Assassination.

Sarting at Love Field.  Motorcycle cops ordered to stay behind the rear wheels that morning.  Obviously by the DPD, but, from higher authority?  Facilitates an unobstructed frontal shot.  The order of the cars, no press truck in front of JFK's limo as per normal.  SSA in Charge Emory Roberts waving off Agent Rybka at Love Field.  After he had instructed them to not respond to any unusual actions during the parade.  Then him telling Agent Ready on the running board beside him in Dealy Plaza as he stepped off it at the sound of shots to get back on board.  As agent Greer slowed the limo way below protocol or stopped it.

The Cover Up. 

Did it start at Parkland with taking the body, or an empty casket, to prevent a required autopsy there?  It was certainly in effect when Chief Rowley ordered Inspector General Kelly to Dallas who called in Agent Moore from Seattle to convince Dr. Perry the throat wound Might be one of exit.  

"Not a friend of his, but friends of JFK critic John D. Rockefeller and his employee Allen Dulles."

Do you mean John D. Rockefeller III? Or David?

3 hours ago, Jim Rose said:

"Not a friend of his, but friends of JFK critic John D. Rockefeller and his employee Allen Dulles."

Do you mean John D. Rockefeller III? Or David?

My mistake, it should have been David.  Thanks.  I'll correct it.

Posted (edited)
I believe Felipe Vidal Santiago and Roy Hargraves are the best candidates for the Dark Complected Man and the Umbrella Man, respectively.  I think this is something that could be verified with existing footage.

Felipe Vidal Santiago's background shows his links with people like Roy Hargraves, Bill Harvey, and Gen. Walker.

See these photos and writeup of Felipe Vidal Santiago and Roy Hargraves-
sure looks like the dark-complected man was using a radio contact in those other photos...

Photomontage supplied by James Richards

As of 1/1/59,  Vidal was chief of maritime police in Castro's government, defected in Caracas 3/7/60, arrived in US 8/9/60, sought asylum 4/8/61.

11/19/62 Vidal's friend Roy Hargraves is friend with consul general of Guatemala John Bonilla, also friends with old Nicaraguan - hired Roy to plant a firebomb.

In December 1962, Felipe Vidal Santiago had a meeting with a lawyer connected to a "Citizen's Committee to Free Cuba". He told Vidal about a conversation he had with Henry Cabot Lodge, who had been told by Walt Rostow, that John F. Kennedy was exploring "a plan to open a dialogue with Cuba." Vidal was furious about what he considered to be an act of betrayal and immediately told leaders of the anti-Castro community and his CIA contact, Colonel William Bishop. According to Dick Russell, Vidal was also "an information conduit for" General Edwin Walker.  http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKbishopW.htm

In late 63, Larry Hancock reports in Somebody Would Have Talked that Vidal was apparently driving the car at Walker's home that had the license plate punched out while in police custody, found in LHO's possessions.  The car belonged to Charles Klihr, one of Walker's associates.

Nov. 63?  Vidal was in Dallas, violating INS regulations.   Hemming's buddy Howard Davis reported that Vidal got back from Dallas on 11/11 after visiting Gen. Walker for five days.

Dec 63 - Vidal, head of the anti-Castro FULN, states he has loosely worked with Roy Hargraves for the past two years and gives Hargraves money.

Jan 64 - FBI found Vidal was one of John Martino's sources on Cuban matters.

In Jan 64 - Hargraves and others were heading to Cuba with an anti-tank gun previously hidden at Vidal's home when the boat exploded and caught fire.

Edited by Bill Simpich

I have another theory.
A theory which, as far as I can tell, has no support.

Would you say that this man is 5'11", 158 lbs, has brown hair, wears dark glasses, and has a dark complexion?

The physical description provided above is not that of the Dark Complected Man, but, according to an FBI report filed by Wallace Heitman, was the description of Manuel Rodriguez Orcarberro, President of the Alpha 66/ SNFE group that met at 3126 Harlendale St. in Dallas, where LHO was seen going in and out of.

After the assassination, Orcarberro would later drive the Rambler that picked up Lee Harvey Oswald outside the TSBD.

On April 1, 1964 Roger Craig testified before the WC, and told them,
"Mr. BELIN - What about the man who was driving the car? (The Rambler)
Mr. CRAIG - Now, he struck me, at first, as being a colored male. He was very dark complected, had real dark short hair, and was wearing a thin white-looking Jacket..."

Steve Thomas