The Education Forum

J. McBride - Into the nightmare / availability

I ordered it 2x (I´m from, Belgium, that doesn´t help...) :

- once with Amazon.com.be, book never arrived, got my mony back (was some 75 usd + 40 usd shipping

- second time with Amazon .com so direct in the usa, nope, dealer stated he would ship to Europe in his advertisement, but in reality he made a mess as he didn´t know how to handle the declaration for import (he should have chosen for Amazon to handle those things, but he would´t and some more troubles I won´t go into

So.. I really want it and don´t mind spending 100 usd for a softcover (?) + some fair shipping + VAT + importtaxes.

@Joseph McBride The above have nothing to do with you, but is the book realy sold out? If so, is there another edition to be expected?  I can see that one still do well.

Also, if it is not sold out, I can ask Amazon Europe to take some in their EU stock... (where I get 90% of my us books), easy living that way.

Ps : I don´t like Kindle..., I ´m just old school...

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

Certainly a good book with some previously unknown material, such as his interview with Tippit’s father.

Jean, I looked on amazon and it does show it it's still in stock here in the US for $48.95 plus shipping.  I don't know about shipping to Belgium.

You should be able to contact him with a personal message here through the forum.  I've done so a very few times in the past, he's always been courteous and personable, a true gentleman.  Most recently 2-3 weeks ago just telling him it was nice to see him post a couple of times after not doing so in over a year, hoping all was well as he had not posted in a long while.  He answered back, said he was well, thanked me for my concern and wished me well.

He might have a suggestion regarding buying ITTNM in Europe.  I can't speak for him but feel sure he would be receptive to anyone trying to purchase his work.

I am sorry you are having trouble buying INTO THE NIGHTMARE. You can order the paperback through Amazon.com for $48.50,

and the fulfillment house, Vervante in Utah, will ship it anywhere. We get many

orders from all around the world. Shipping can be costly, but those

are postal rates beyond our control. (There is also a Kindle edition, but

you say you aren't into Kindle.) You can also order the book directly from the Vervante website. They also are the

fulfillment house for my second book on the subject, POLITICAL TRUTH: THE MEDIA

AND THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY.

Edited by Joseph McBride

3 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

I ordered it 2x (I´m from, Belgium, that doesn´t help...) :

- once with Amazon.com.be, book never arrived, got my mony back (was some 75 usd + 40 usd shipping

- second time with Amazon .com so direct in the usa, nope, dealer stated he would ship to Europe in his advertisement, but in reality he made a mess as he didn´t know how to handle the declaration for import (he should have chosen for Amazon to handle those things, but he would´t and some more troubles I won´t go into

So.. I really want it and don´t mind spending 100 usd for a softcover (?) + some fair shipping + VAT + importtaxes.

@Joseph McBride The above have nothing to do with you, but is the book realy sold out? If so, is there another edition to be expected?  I can see that one still do well.

Also, if it is not sold out, I can ask Amazon Europe to take some in their EU stock... (where I get 90% of my us books), easy living that way.

Ps : I don´t like Kindle..., I ´m just old school...

I’ll be in Belgium in December. Happy to bring you a copy if you’re still in need then. 

15 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

I am sorry you are having trouble buying INTO THE NIGHTMARE.

Anyone who knows anything about the case should have trouble "buying" Into The Nightmare.

1 hour ago, Bill Brown said:

Anyone who knows anything about the case should have trouble "buying" Into The Nightmare.

That's why it has a 4.5 star review rating after 11 years.

Into the Nightmare: My Search for the Killers of President John F. Kennedy and Officer J. D. Tippit: McBride, Joseph: 9781939795250: Amazon.com: Books