The Education Forum

Trump Casually Declares ‘CIA Was Probably Behind’ JFK Assassination---!

10 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Trump doesn't know what he said or meant from moment to moment.  He could look at the withheld files and not grasp anything about them.

This is probably the most important point; Trump isn't just unfit for office because he's a traitor and a criminal, he's unfit because he's literally a dummy.

He's an ignoramus that has never been qualified for the job in the first place.

Trump would have absolutely no clue what a single thing in a JFK file meant. No clue.

You could not go sit down and talk about the CMC with Trump. Or talk about Castro. Or Vietnam. Or the history of the Cold War in general.

Because he is, in fact, a dummy.

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

This is probably the most important point; Trump isn't just unfit for office because he's a traitor and a criminal, he's unfit because he's literally a dummy.

He's an ignoramus that has never been qualified for the job in the first place.

Trump would have absolutely no clue what a single thing in a JFK file meant. No clue.

You could not go sit down and talk about the CMC with Trump. Or talk about Castro. Or Vietnam. Or the history of the Cold War in general.

Because he is, in fact, a dummy.

So again, here we are at the river.  Where are the moderators?   Attacks by many on President Trump, Republicans, our countries institutions.   All in violation of the so called forum rules.  It’s very embarrassing and hardly educational.

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

Where are the moderators?   Attacks by many on President Trump, Republicans, our countries institutions.   All in violation of the so called forum rules.

Excuse me, what? Everything I said there is factual and backed up with evidence:

"National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster reportedly mocked Trump’s intelligence, stating that his intelligence was comparable to a “kindergartner.” Citing five sources, BuzzFeed reports that during the same conversation he also reportedly called the President an “idiot” and a “dope.”

C_-AlyQVoAAHYgI?format=jpg&name=small

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Trump had the understanding of “a fifth- or sixth-grader” 

Attorney Frank DiPrima revealed what former Wharton marketing professor William T. Kelley told him about Trump, and it wasn't a very flattering picture. Kelley, who retired from teaching in the 1980s, even went so far as to reportedly call Trump "dumb," per  Philadelphia Magazine. "He must have told me that 100 times over the course of 30 years," DiPrima said.

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson made headlines in 2017 when NBC News reported that he called Trump a "moron" and had to be talked out of resigning by then-Vice President Mike Pence. 

Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and former chief of staff Reince Priebus called Trump an “idiot”

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

So again, here we are at the river.  Where are the moderators?   Attacks by many on President Trump, Republicans, our countries institutions.   All in violation of the so called forum rules.  It’s very embarrassing and hardly educational.

I agree with you completely Cory. Mods  where are you??!!

What's completely unfair is that old trick  of using direct quotes of Trump answering the issues of the day!

This can't be tolerated!

when-you-want-a-knowledgeable-educated-a

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

5 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Mods? Jajaja we don't need no Mods..

I enjoy seeing the Trump Rorschach test https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test  his very casual statement is twisted into more than that and it says more about the poster than Trump. Forexample, if say someone like Jeffery Sachs casually says the same thing he is praised on this forum, lols  

I don't know about you, but at this stage the whole "CIA did it" theory is starting to look more like this skit from funny or die: 

Edited by Matthew Koch

Well, this mod is 250 miles away from home in OKC after a call between my brother-in-law and my wife about whether it's time to take my mother-in-law to the hospital or call in hospice.  I checked in last night and this morning but moderating has not been my top priority the last couple of days.

That said, Vinces original link to me was about a change from "you wouldn't release them either if you saw what I saw" to I released a lot of stuff but "they" told/asked me not to release the rest.  In and of itself about the JFK assassination files and their release.  

JFK was a liberal Democrat.  Whether I may or may not agree with some of the above is irrelevant, this has become a political discussion imho.  The forum policy in the last several months has become not to allow such on the JFK assassination debate, it seems it inevitably leads to name calling and mudslinging.  Which is why we/I have attempted to avoid such regarding any of the three candidates, and why we have Political Discussions and Water Cooler sections. 

It just shows you how little influence Roger Stone has with Trump. Stone consistently says LBJ murdered JFK and Trump totally ignores that. Roger Stone asked for a pardon for Abraham Bolden and Trump ignores that. Roger Stone asks for Trump to release the JFK document records and Trump ignores that. Trump actually SAID he was going to release the JFK documents and then he immediately signed a presidential order to keep them secret. Trump also said he wanted to "put all conspiracy theories [relating to the JFK assassination] to rest."

As for Donald Trump, you really can't trust anything he says. Everything he says is weighed for what political benefit it is to him, not that he actually believes what he is saying. Here is some history of Donald Trump on the JFK assassination:

Donald Trump:  thinks Lee Harvey Oswald alone killed John Kennedy

Heilemann also asked Trump to weigh in on two historical questions: whether he believes that Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated John F. Kennedy alone and whether he believes Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas over Anita Hill, the woman who accused him of sexual harassment.

“I believe he acted alone,” Trump said of Oswald. “I think he probably acted alone.”

UNQUOTE

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/26/donald-trump-repudiates-david-duke-says-lee-harvey-oswald-acted-alone/

[“Donald Trump Repudiates David Duke, Says Lee Harvey Oswald Acted Alone,” Chuck Ross, Daily Caller, August 26, 2015]

Donald Trump on the father of Ted Cruz

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/historians-and-jfk-conspiracy-theorists-agree-secret-files-will-not-tell-all/ar-AAtY39h?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=mailsignout

His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being—you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” Trump said in May 2016, during a phone interview with Fox News. “What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don’t even talk about that. That was reported, and nobody talks about it…What was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death, before the shooting? It’s horrible.”

‘I will be releasing ALL JFK files’: Trump pivots from earlier decision to redact records - by David Choi for Business Insider, 10-27-2017

Note: Trump actually Withheld many, many critical JFK files. He lied about releasing them.

Trump on releasing JFK documents: “I am doing this for reasons of full transparency and in order to put any and all conspiracy theories to rest.”

Web link http://www.businessinsider.com/jfk-files-summary-trump-release-documents-2017-10

President Donald Trump on Friday announced on Twitter that he would authorize the release of "all" of the much-awaited documents on the John F. Kennedy assassination, walking back his earlier decision to allow redactions based on recommendations from the FBI and CIA.

"After strict consultation with General Kelly, the CIA and other Agencies, I will be releasing ALL JFK files other than the names and addresses of any mentioned person who is still living," Trump's statement said. "I am doing this for reasons of full transparency and in order to put any and all conspiracy theories to rest."

On Thursday, Trump blocked the release of hundreds of files on the Kennedy assassination, saying he had "no choice" because of "potentially irreversible harm" to national security. Trump also ordered the redactions to undergo a review to ensure they were essential. The National Archives eventually released nearly 3,000 previously undisclosed documents in relation to the assassination.

The newly released files were made available in compliance to a 1992 law that mandated its release within 25 years. Although a trickle of documents were released, conspiracy theorists have been fueled by the preexisting redactions and lingering questions surrounding Kennedy's assassination.

Donald Trump’s April 26, 2018 order to keep the remaining JFK assassination files secret

Presidential Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies | The White House

MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES

SUBJECT: Certification for Certain Records Related to the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy

As I explained in my temporary certification of October 26, 2017, the American people expect their Government to provide as much access as possible to the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records (records) so that they may — as they deserve — finally be fully informed about all aspects of this pivotal event.  Over the past 180 days, executive departments and agencies (agencies) have reviewed all of the information within records temporarily withheld from release and have proposed to the Archivist of the United States (Archivist) that certain information should continue to be redacted because of identifiable national security, law enforcement, and foreign affairs concerns.  The Archivist has reviewed the information agencies proposed to withhold and believes the proposals are consistent with the standard of section 5(g)(2)(D) of the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 (44 U.S.C. 2107 note) (the “Act”).

I agree with the Archivist’s recommendation that the continued withholdings are necessary to protect against identifiable harm to national security, law enforcement, or foreign affairs that is of such gravity that it outweighs the public interest in immediate disclosure.  I am also ordering agencies to re-review each of those redactions over the next 3 years.  At any time during that review period, and no later than the end of that period, agencies shall disclose information that no longer warrants continued withholding.

Accordingly, by the authority vested in me as President and Commander in Chief by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby certify that all information within records that agencies have proposed for continued postponement under section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act shall be withheld from full public disclosure until no later than October 26, 2021.

Any agency that seeks further postponement beyond this certification shall take note of the findings of the Act, which state, among other things, that “only in the rarest cases is there any legitimate need for continued protection of such records.”  The need for continued protection can only grow weaker with the passage of time from this congressional finding.  Any agency that seeks further postponement beyond October 26, 2021, shall, no later than April 26, 2021, identify to the Archivist the specific basis for concluding that records (or portions of records) satisfy the standard for continued postponement under section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act.  Thereafter, the Archivist shall recommend to the President, no later than September 26, 2021, whether continued withholding from public disclosure of the identified records is warranted after October 26, 2021.

The Archivist is hereby authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

Trump pledged to open classified JFK assassination files. What happened to that?

By Kevin G. Hall, McClatchy Washington Bureau on Dec 3, 2020

https://www.arcamax.com/currentnews/newsheadlines/s-2448245?fs

Trump came to office with a flair for television and how to build audience suspense. And given the numerous documentaries and the hit 1991 movie "JFK" by director Oliver Stone, the promised release of decades-old secret documents had all the makings of a suspense thriller. It portended critical information for historians and could quench a thirst for interested baby boomers.

"Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened," Trump announced with fanfare in an unexpected tweet on Oct. 21, 2017, just nine months into his term.

But soon after the bombshell, Trump partially retreated.

Roughly 35,000 documents were declassified but many were still partially redacted, meaning the entire document was not released for public view. At the request of the CIA and FBI, Trump delayed full declassification for another six months. More than five decades after an assassin's bullet felled a president full of promise, government infighting continued to keep from the light information long shrouded in mystery.

Then in April 2018, the declassification fell short of promise again. Some 19,045 documents were released, but 15,584 had some information that could be withheld through 2021. In a statement, Trump left the door open for earlier release of complete information.

"I agree with the Archivist's recommendation that the continued withholdings are necessary to protect against identifiable harm to national security, law enforcement, or foreign affairs that is of such gravity that it outweighs the public interest in immediate disclosure," the president said. "I am also ordering agencies to re-review each of those redactions over the next 3 years. At any time during that review period, and no later than the end of that period, agencies shall disclose information that no longer warrants continued withholding."

There is nothing to prevent an earlier release, but the National Archives have added no new public documents since April 2018.

The Kennedy assassination documents must be fully declassified by Oct. 26, 2021. That would allow the incoming Biden administration to be the one that boasts it made the JFK files completely open to the public more than 57 years after the fateful day in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963.

UNQUOTE