The Education Forum

2024 Democratic Presidential Nominee

Gov. Walz is a nightmare.  All they need to do is post video of the 3rd Precinct in Minneapolis burning to the ground in the riots in the aftermath of what I consider the Murder Most Foul of George Floyd, while he waited until the next day to call in the National Guard, to have the public see what they are in for...

Edited by Pamela Brown

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pamela Brown said:

Gov. Walz is a nightmare.  All they need to do is post video of the 3rd Precinct in Minneapolis burning to the ground in the riots in the aftermath of what I consider the Murder Most Foul of George Floyd, while he waited until the next day to call in the National Guard, to have the public see what they are in for...

Pamela,

I had the impression that Tim Walz's gubernatorial record in Minnesota was a sterling success, on a wide range of public policy issues-- more or less the diametric opposite of America's 21st century GOP gubernatorial disasters.

Here’s what Tim Walz has done as governor of Minnesota • Minnesota Reformer

As for the Minneapolis fire, I specifically recall reading that it was started by young white, right-wing Boogaloo Boys, at the same time that white "Umbrella Man" was filmed breaking store windows with a hammer.

Man sentenced to 4 years for Minneapolis police station fire (police1.com)

Minneapolis Police Reportedly Identify Viral 'Umbrella Man' As White Supremacist : Updates: The Fight Against Racial Injustice : NPR

"Nothing to see here, folks...Move along now..."Screen-Shot-2021-06-01-at-10.33.39-PM.pn

Edited by W. Niederhut

Thanks to Gov Waltz the Twin Cities are now overrun with crime. There are homeless encampments popping up and having to be dismantled, The cities and the lakes are no longer safe, nor are the suburbs.  All of this is hitting home to the average citizen, while Waltz goes scampering after Kamala...

Just over a week ago I found myself in what felt like a shakedown on a quiet side street in an exclusive suburb called Edina, at 7:30 in the morning...

Edited by Pamela Brown

7 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Thanks to Gov Waltz the Twin Cities are now overrun with crime. There are homeless encampments popping up and having to be dismantled, The cities and the lakes are no longer safe, nor are the suburbs.  All of this is hitting home to the average citizen, while Waltz goes scampering after Kamala...

Just over a week ago I found myself in a shakedown on a quiet side street in an exclusive suburb called Edina, at 7:30 in the morning, when a woman bumped into my car and then, while on the phone talking with someone, screamed and demanded to see my id claimed I had damaged her car, and made other threats, all in a language I did not understand...

It's Walz, not Waltz.

Enjoy voting for Trump, Pamela. I'm sure you will be very happy with his leadership.

2 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

It's Walz, not Waltz.

Enjoy voting for Trump, Pamela. I'm sure you will be very happy with his leadership.

I don't like either of them, so please refrain from making an assertion as to how I would vote.  I have, however, lost all faith in the bleeding-heart liberals having any concern for the wellbeing of the citizens...and, unfortunately, I see Minnesota as a good example of that...

Edited by Pamela Brown

I'm going to gloat a little here,  this is what I posted yesterday afternoon a few hours before the debate in the cooler.

I think Harris has done a better campaign leading up to these debates than I could have predicted. But the current results are a little disappointing as I was hoping she'd be up by 3-4%.
I think a lot of people are waiting for this debate to see her in action.

I see considerably more potential upside for Harris.  I don't think the critical group watching will care that much about her previous policy issues if if she continues to look poised and confident and tacks to the center.

Trump on the other hand, could fly off the handle  and do considerable damage to himself while  scarcely knowing  it, and even ultimately exhaust himself. .

If I were Harris I wouldn't go down in the mud with Trump, but under the current debate rules. If Trump lies in his precious question, (which he inevitably will in every answer,) Harris when given the next question should quickly expose the lie and go on to answering the question. The more Trump insists in counteracting the fact checking of his previous lies, the more exhausted he could get.

The difference between the CNN debate and the ABC debate was that ABC actually fact checked Trump a handful of times so naturally  Trump is blaming his performance on them. CNN, despite all their segments over the years asking themselves how the media is to handle the phenomena of Donald Trump, did what they always did,  despite probably anticipating the lies, rather than  fact checking them they ended up for the hundredth time rolling over and saying nothing!

I guess we can credit Biden for picking ABC. The dreaded Disney network!
I don't know the woman moderator's  name. But she is the weekend anchor on ABC, and I have thought in the past, that she looks like Kamala Harris!  and dresses like her to boot!

If Trump doesn't run away like a coward. Harris can continue to bludgeon him in the next debate. . She should say it again.    YOU LOST!,     YOU LOST BY  7 MILLION VOTES! And you've put the nation through a nightmare! Make it sound like it's in the past because-------he's finished!  And he has a lot of legal accounting to do!
Trump being the moron man child he is. Will probably just knee jerk defend himself again and every second in doing so, he will go again further and further down the toilet!

We'll see how things settle out. It's hard to imagine his voters who have such an image of  Trump being so macho in debates will stomach him running away from another debate.

I guess we can credit Toby Gabbard's coaching for Trump's performance. Maybe in the next debate they can also bring in a much publicized RK Jr. to coach, he's certainly politically dumb enough!

Just thinking about how much more independent in thinking the forum has become since 2019  when Jim Di's thread "I told you, Tulsi's the one" actually got 126 replies! heh heh heh
Talk about using the forum for outright editorializing! This was common for Di Eugenio back then! *  I think after sitting out 2016 voting for Jill Stein.  It was there, I was probably the first person to tell "one issue foreign policy" Jim that there was another anti war candidate named Bernie Sanders who was also on target in a number of other issues, these are issues that a number of our current forum members from across the pond don't understand as well. So history repeats itself!

If there was any hope of Trump winning another debate, it would seem his debate team would have to have a real earnest moment with Trump and actually be the first to tell tell Trump. "No....you lost! You keep saying you didn't , and you will lose again!"

If Trump loses again , maybe the Kennedy family can still salvage it's political brand for the next generation!

* people who insist on resurrecting threads from Jim's K&K should be conscious of Jim's foisting his political views and review with that in mind,  just as they are with the forum's worst transgressor in that regard, Ben Cole.

There was something in this debate for everybody. For the dystopian Trump supporters from across the pond:
I'm sure Karl perked up when Trump gave a shout out to Karl's end of the world, when he mentioned Karl's good neighbor. Victor Orban!
I know curbing migration is probably a greater political issue in Austria than it is in any other country in the world.
Unfortunately Karl recently has found his dog missing, and he's sure it was probably eaten by some South Asian immigrants in a neighboring town. My condolences and Good Luck with that Karl!

And Rigby,  being religious and pro life, must have been greatly relieved when Trump refused to say he won't vote for an abortion ban!

And Cotter must have cheered Trump's rhetoric about Globalism and high tariffs from high atop his nation's ultra globalist nation pedestal.  I see where Dole Foods, whose Central American canned fruit was a staple of the U.S. in the 50's and 60's is now under the Ireland Corporate umbrella.

Perhaps I would suggest maybe Ireland could actually shoot for the stars and produce their own products. It's not impossible for Europe. The Netherlands has great success in semi conductors with ASML and Denmark has hit the ball out of the park with Novo Nordisk and Ozempic and their GLP-1 drugs.

Instead of pirating other nations corporations  with your lax tax laws. Maybe you could produce a real successful product of your own other than Irish Spring Soap!
heh heh heh

Seriously, I know there's a lot of anxiety about this marking nothing less than the downfall and demise of men. But stop being such drama queens!

Now, Kirk, in all fairness to John Cotter, Ireland does export Guinness Stout, Harp Lager, and Jameson's Irish whiskey.   One of our local liquor stores used to put Guinness and Harp on sale for St. Patrick's Day, but I never mastered the fine art of pouring a Black-and-Tan.

I like the taste of Guinness, but it always gives me a headache-- probably something in the Liffey water.

I don’t know why William and Kirk are mocking Ireland so much, since Ireland, like so many other western pseudo-democracies, is such a faithful vassal state of the US empire, so slavishly mirroring it in its corrupt plutocracy, its authoritarian pseudo-left ideology and its falsely dichotomous two-party dictatorship.

The expression “shooting oneself in the foot”  comes to mind.

Edited by John Cotter

1 hour ago, John Cotter said:

I don’t know why William and Kirk are mocking Ireland so much, since Ireland, like so many other western pseudo-democracies, is such a faithful vassal state of the US empire, so slavishly mirroring it in its corrupt plutocracy, its authoritarian pseudo-left ideology and its falsely dichotomous two-party dictatorship.

The expression “shooting oneself in the foot”  comes to mind.

John,

Do you see any way out of your abysmal, plutocratic, pseudo-democratic falsely-dichotomous vassalage?

Perhaps emigrating to Belarus or Tobolsk?