The Education Forum

2024 Democratic Presidential Nominee

If you have not seen Jon Stewart on Trump's Willie Brown story, you really should.

Its that funny.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

If you have not seen Jon Stewart on Trump's Willie Brown story, you really should.

Its that funny.

I haven't heard Jon Stewart's commentary about this story, but I did write a multiple-choice question on the subject last week, for the Water Cooler...  🤓

I.  Which statement(s) below is(are) true about Donald Trump?

A) Trump once rode in a helicopter with Willie Brown.

B ) Trump once refused to rent apartments to brown people.

C)  Trump once rode in a hydrofoil with James Brown.

D)  Trump once falsely accused five brown guys of committing a murder in Central Park.

E)  A) and C)

F)  B ) and D)

Why would you have the Clintons,  both of them, speaking.

And no Bernie. As far as I can see.

40 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Why would you have the Clintons,  both of them, speaking.

And no Bernie. As far as I can see.

Jim,

AOC brought the house down in Chicago tonight.  Almost brought a tear to my eye.

I sure hope Bernie gets to speak at some point.

5 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Jim,

AOC brought the house down in Chicago tonight.  Almost brought a tear to my eye.

I sure hope Bernie gets to speak at some point.

Sen. Bernie Sanders is scheduled to speak at the 2024 DNC.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

4 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Dub Nation in the house!

'Night night!' DNC erupts as Steve Kerr hits Trump with Steph Curry-inspired dig

https://www.rawstory.com/steve-kerr/

I always liked Steve Kerr.

I especially appreciated his anti-bigotry commentaries during the Black Lives Matter protests.

Perhaps the guy should run for public office, but he'd probably be happier (and more prosperous) sticking with coaching.

I have to say overall it was  pretty good.

I thought Warnocke was quite effectivel AOC was good.   Crockett was on the ball.

But some news I got from Florida was startling.  Harris in only five points back of Trump.

Holy Moly.   If that is true then Harris has five states in play in the south: Maryland,Virginia, N. Carolina, Florida. Georgia.

That is good because it means Trump and Vance are going to spend lots of time down there. Defending their base.

Edited by James DiEugenio

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I have to say overall it was  pretty good.

I thought Warnocke was quite effectivel AOC was good.   Crockett was on the ball.

But some new I got from Florida was startling.  Harris in only five points back of Trump.

HOly Moly.   If that is true then Harris has five states in play in the south: Maryland,VIrginia, N. Carolina, Florida. Georgia.

that is good because it mean Trump and Vance are going to spend lot of time down there. Defending their base.

Obama won Florida and North Carolina, if I recall correctly.

But Republicans in the South have been aggressively implementing voter suppression measures, especially after Clarence Thomas and the SCROTUS blocked enforcement of the Voting Rights Act with their 5-4 Shelby v. Holder ruling.

Democrats had to stand in line for hours in Georgia to vote Trump out of office in 2020.

Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have To Wait In Line For Hours? : NPR

2020-06-10t000000z_1925191047_rc226h9yy9

I recall that.  I also think they passed a law where you could not give someone standing in line a bottle of water.

If Harris wins, this should be near the top of her agenda.

PS I think I made a mistake, Sanders is scheduled for today.

Edited by James DiEugenio

When you can have the Obamas at the convention, while you go to Milwaukee and pack the basketball auditorium where Trump was just at?

Plus raise 510 million in a month?

BTW, I don't think all that is for Harris.  I think a lot of it is anti Trump, plus the fact that many hesitant donors are now throwing their money in because they think that, unlike Biden, Harris can win. 

PS. I have to say I don't like the veritable wall that Pritzker and Peters built around the site