The Education Forum

Jeffrey Sachs talks about the CIA, JFKA and the Church Committee

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeffrey Sachs: Donald Trump is the worst president in our history, in my lifetime

May 10, 2020

Editor's note: The United States has a strong economy, first-class healthcare and experts, but it has been the worst performing country in the fight against COVID-19, with one third of the world's infected people living in the United States. Why does the world's most powerful government behave so badly? Jeffrey D. Sachs, professor and director of the Center for Sustainable Development at Columbia University shares his ideas with CGTN in a Skype interview. The following are some quotes from the interview. They reflect the interviewee's opinion, and not necessarily the views of CGTN.

Unfortunately, in my part of the world, we didn't take seriously the threat of the coronavirus. Maybe there wasn't enough experience, because of SARS impacting China and the other countries of Asia and the Pacific more intensively and more psychologically. Europe and the United States were unprepared. But even after it became known how dangerous this is, the United States leadership has been completely incompetent.

Trump is unable to have a logical approach to this, and unfortunately his government is filled with corrupt business people, who are in the government not because of their talent or their experience or their expertise, but because they want to make money from the government. And they are professionally what we call lobbyists. They spend their time trying to get money out of government contracts, and our political system became very corrupt.

And the experts were either thrown out, or suppressed, or kept away, and then we elected a president who is unfortunately completely incompetent. So, every day the deaths are now rising, 2000 or more a day. We don't have a national policy until this moment.

Every day I say in the U.S.: "Look at what China accomplished, look at what Korea accomplished, look at what Vietnam accomplished. Look at what New Zealand and Australia accomplished. They speak English too, they're like us, why don't we learn from them?"

But because of our very poor politics and incompetent leadership, we're not learning from the successes of other countries, and the epidemic continues and its very dangerous. And Trump is especially dangerous, because he incites bad behavior. He tells people "go out, don't listen to the warnings of the experts!" It's incredible irresponsibility by a national leader.

In my experience, he's the worst president in our history, certainly in my lifetime. So this is a very bad situation.

We need countries to learn from each other. China after all did something amazing. Even after the epidemic had spread and was very dangerous, China got it under control, which is a remarkable experience.

Some public health experts believed it would not be possible to contain an epidemic once it was out of control, but China proved that it is possible to do it with COVID-19. But we should learn how, rather than just making attacks, or being in the silly season of politics when so many people are dying. I've never seen anything like it in the U.S. experience.

Expert: Donald Trump is the worst president in our history, in my lifetime — Jeffrey D. Sachs (jeffsachs.org)

GJ--

Thanks for posting. I am not a Jeffrey Sachs fan, but in this video he is discussing the JFKA, which what the EF-JFKA is about.

I would not have seen this if you did not post it, so it is appreciated.

4:50. If trump re-elected him or Vance might call for another congressional investigation.  BS, Sach's knows better than this.  Encouraging such speculation to possibly promote his election is beneath him.  He knows the potential devastation of democracy that could cause.

Hence W's link.  "The worst president of my lifetime."

Kamala Harris sat on Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, which Sachs dismisses as  co-opted or do-nothing Committee. 

That is one jumbo toupee Sachs is wearing. He is ready for a northern winter.

33 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Kamala Harris sat on Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, which Sachs dismisses as  co-opted or do-nothing Committee. 

The Republicans controlling the Senate Intel Committee (Richard Burr, et.al.)  waited as long as possible, until August of 2020, to finally release their report acknowledging that Putin and Russian Military Intelligence (GRU) had interfered in the 2016 U.S. election, on behalf of Trump and the GOP.

So, they finally did something, Ben, although it took them three years to admit that Trump and Putin lied about 2016.

Did Tucker Carlson and Glenn Greenwald ever cover that important story?

Press | Intelligence Committee (senate.gov)

Stone actually sent me this interview since he liked it so much.

Then, another reader on my substack site sent it to me also.

He said, Jim if you watch this, Sachs more or less agrees with Oliver.

I liked it so much I did an article about Sachs.

One of the very few high level academics who is not afraid to face the facts about JFK.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Stone actually sent me this interview since he liked it so much.

Then, another reader on my substack site sent it to me also.

He said, Jim if you watch this, Sachs more or less agrees with Oliver.

I liked it so much I did an article about Sachs.

One of the very few high level academics who is not afraid to face the facts about JFK.

Stone? Roger Stone or the other guy, the movie-maker to keep helping put? 

(Just joking). 

I credit Sachs for his open-minded take on the JFKA/RFK1A and many other issues.

Sachs switched from the "C19 was natural" to a "lab leak explanation," for example. 

I do wonder about this:

---

"What does Jeffrey Sachs believe?

CHINA

Sachs is a "long-time advocate of dismantling American hegemony and embracing the rise of China." He believes the term "genocide" is mistaken in relation to the repression of the Uyghurs in China. He has argued for closer relations between the US and China and warned of the danger of tensions between them."---Wikipedia 

---30---

I happen to live in SE Asia, and watched closely what has happened in Hong Kong. Also, the entire South China Sea. And the increasing, suffocating level of repression in China itself, now going back to Tiananmen Square-1989. 

It is on record Sachs accepted $10k from Huawei to write a one-page intro to an annual report.  

But, Sachs does not drink anyone's kool-aid (well, I hope not the CCP kool-aid), and he speaks his mind. 

As you note, the number of high-profile academics or media-meisters willing to talk about the JFKA/RFK1A or the JFK Records Act can be counted on the fingers of one hand of a veteran woodworker. 

On 8/31/2024 at 9:30 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

As long as we're staying on topic.

7 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

What did Sachs do while Russia was being looted by the Harvard advisors and the oligarchs ended up with many of the state assets?

KB-

Americans, from JFK to Biden, from LBJ to Nixon to Bush2, often operate upon the world with a strange mix of hubris and naivete. Academics too.

10 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

What did Sachs do while Russia was being looted by the Harvard advisors and the oligarchs ended up with many of the state assets?

You apparently missed my answer to this question that I posted a few days ago:

I thought people here might like to read Jeff Sachs' account of what he did, first in Poland and then Russia, in the 90s

Sachs' 5 part plan worked to revive the Polish economy, which is why Yeltson asked him to help Russia.  The Russian task was much harder for several reasons.  Parliament stood in opposition and the US and international financial institutions didn't help, unlike in Poland.  The US viewed Poland as a potential ally.  Russia has always been the enemy.

The failure of the plan and Yeltsin's reversal of course paved the way for the rise of a group of oligarchs to in your phrase trash what remained of the economy.

9 hours ago, Roger Odisio said:

You apparently missed my answer to this question that I posted a few days ago:

I thought people here might like to read Jeff Sachs' account of what he did, first in Poland and then Russia, in the 90s

Sachs' 5 part plan worked to revive the Polish economy, which is why Yeltson asked him to help Russia.  The Russian task was much harder for several reasons.  Parliament stood in opposition and the US and international financial institutions didn't help, unlike in Poland.  The US viewed Poland as a potential ally.  Russia has always been the enemy.

The failure of the plan and Yeltsin's reversal of course paved the way for the rise of a group of oligarchs to in your phrase trash what remained of the economy.

Thanks for that, Roger. It disposes of another attempt to denigrate Jeffrey Sachs.

Jeff is a candid critic of people like former Sec of State Albright who was well rewarded by Wall Street after her neocon tour.