The Education Forum

news about the Darnell film

Roger Odisio

Back on Aug 19, the 6th floor museum bought the Darnell film and other things from NBC.  Here is the press release.  https://www.jfk.org/press-news/nbc-5-archive-press-release/.

Here is the Darnell film the museum bought.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5vBks-kQmk.

I've called the number listed in the PR to ask a few questions but no one answered.  214-747-6660.

The film is clear.  PM is on the steps.  This version has a few other details I don't remember from previous versions of the film I have seen.

NBC has been hiding the original film for over 60 years.  It belongs in the JFKA Collection at NARA.

Bill and Larry have the film on their list of things to ask for in the lawsuit.  If the film original is now in the hands of the museum whose purpose is to make information available to the public, rather than a private "news" org., this may help their chances to get access to it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Roger Odisio said:
Back on Aug 19, the 6th floor museum bought the Darnell film and other things from NBC.  Here is the press release.  https://www.jfk.org/press-news/nbc-5-archive-press-release/.

Here is the Darnell film the museum bought.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5vBks-kQmk.

I've called the number listed in the PR to ask a few questions but no one answered.  214-747-6660.

The film is clear.  PM is on the steps.  This version has a few other details I don't remember from previous versions of the film I have seen.

NBC has been hiding the original film for over 60 years.  It belongs in the JFKA Collection at NARA.

Bill and Larry have the film on their list of things to ask for in the lawsuit.  If the film original is now in the hands of the museum whose purpose is to make information available to the public, rather than a private "news" org., this may help their chances to get access to it.

Many thanks for that, Roger.

I’ve always believed PM was LH Oswald, but to my (not the sharpest) eyes, in that (copy of the?) Darnell film PM looks more like a woman than Oswald.

Was the much-maligned Brian Doyle right after all?

Edited by John Cotter

1 hour ago, John Cotter said:

I’ve always believed PM was LH Oswald, but to my (not the sharpest) eyes, in that (copy of the?) Darnell film PM looks more like a woman than Oswald.

Probably.

pm.gif

They have been open, with Weigman, for a drum scan. Now access is another story. But they absolutely need to get the highest level drum scan possible. I went from skeptical on PM to open-minded. Ironically, it is from the same story Pat Speer has hinted at, that I am equally not able to speak about. I took a very different read on that than he did after hearing about it. Sorry that I have to he so cryptic. But it doesn't matter-- the film should be enhanced as much as it can be.

I'm afraid we've all been bamboozled.... again.

I've studied the Darnell film extensively and have it mostly memorized -- at least so the relevant parts of it. And one thing I could see right away when I watched the so-called original  version of it at the 6th Floor Museum (above), is that that film actually has LESS detail than the better extant copies that we've had for decades!

What has apparently happened is that NBC finally succumbed to public pressure for release of the film, but the government or CIA made sure that something important could not be found in the film. They made sure it couldn't by removing detail from the film.

I have long suspected that this would happen.

Just now, Sandy Larsen said:

... that film actually has LESS detail than the better extant copies that we've had for decades!

An excellent example of this is Billy Lovelady's facial features. They are easily visible in some of our extant copies, but not at all in the so-called original posted by the 6th Floor Museum.

43 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

Not Oswald. He was on the 6th a few seconds before. Way too fat to be him anyway.

How did he get down from the 6th floor without Dorothy Garner seeing or hearing him on the 4th floor, or any of the other people between the 6th and 2nd floors? 

4 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:
5 hours ago, John Cotter said:

4 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Probably.

pm.gif

This copy looks like the hoax version made to discredit Bart Kamp and the Australian forum. Notice the large round neck opening in Prayer Man's shirt... done to make it look like a blouse.

4 hours ago, Roger Odisio said:

How did he get down from the 6th floor without Dorothy Garner seeing or hearing him on the 4th floor, or any of the other people between the 6th and 2nd floors? 

But that raises the question...there are numerous eyewitnesses to a rifle being pointed out of TSBD6. Amos Euins is a very credible witness and made his report immediately to the DPD, and was overheard by a newsman on the sidewalk in front of the TSBD.  He described the correct window, and said he saw a figure with a rifle firing, but was unable to see the figure clearly enough to make any ID. 

Many witnesses inside the TSBD reported three loud shots, simultaneous to the JFKA. 

OK, I will posit somebody shot a rifle from the TSBD6, concurrent to the JFKA. Likely three shots, judging from many witness statements inside the TSBD. 

How did that gunsel leave the TSBD6?

Then LHO could have left the same way, no? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

1 hour ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Somewhat stabilized version.

pm-stable.gif

Wow. For the first time ever my eyes see (BWF almost chatting to) an older woman, not LHO. And I WANT it to be LHO! 

8 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I'm afraid we've all been bamboozled.... again.

I've studied the Darnell film extensively and have it mostly memorized -- at least so the relevant parts of it. And one thing I could see right away when I watched the so-called original  version of it at the 6th Floor Museum (above), is that that film actually has LESS detail than the better extant copies that we've had for decades!

What has apparently happened is that NBC finally succumbed to public pressure for release of the film, but the government or CIA made sure that something important could not be found in the film. They made sure it couldn't by removing detail from the film.

I have long suspected that this would happen.

I too seem to remember seeing more detailed versions of that footage.