The Education Forum

Nix Film

2 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Was trying to illustrate the same concept with my even rougher diagram (below rotated to match Chris'). Some objects appeared closer together (or even overlapping) from Nix's perspective.

hill-jackie-rotated.pnghrisMark

Yes Chris and Mark.

I agree with both of you.

Cold_Case_JFK_mp4_snapshot_50_40_338.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Summary:

The true speed of the car, when correctly adjusted for - , should be recalculated as -  mph. The perceived speed increase to -  mph through -  techniques aligns with frame-skipping impacts, panning synchronization, and resulting cinematic effects. Further specifics on exact calculations depend on linear conversion of angular speeds considering panning technicalities.

A different perspective from AI when more precise data is included.

Not sure what you are trying to say here Chris. ?

Can you present it in photographic form, such as an animated GIF.

Are you talking about the number of frames, and the frame rate. ?

When Jackie, in the Nix film, gets to the farthest extent of her reach (to the end of the trunk), her body is almost flat against the trunk.  We don't see that in the Z-film.  Camara angles are not the issue here.  There have been frames removed from the Z-film.  The question is, why?

4 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

When Jackie, in the Nix film, gets to the farthest extent of her reach (to the end of the trunk), her body is almost flat against the trunk.  We don't see that in the Z-film.  Camara angles are not the issue here.  There have been frames removed from the Z-film.  The question is, why?

Paul, you are simply wrong. You are watching the exact same thing from two different filming positions.

3 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Paul, you are simply wrong. You are watching the exact same thing from two different filming positions.

Yes, and not only were the films taken from two different filming positions.

They were taken from two vastly different height positions, Nix was at ground level looking across the limo.

While Zapruder was standing on top the pedestal filming from above the limo.

Screenshot%202024-10-01%20025144.png

23 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

I have watched this GIF dozens of times, and what i see is the limo slow down to a crawl at the moment of the head shot, and then it starts to speed up again.

Robin,

Your perception is (in Nix) that the limo slowed to a crawl at the headshot.

What would your best estimated limo speed be(in Nix) at that moment in time?

This is a simple question I ask, so I have an idea of what actual number you feel applies?

42 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

Robin,

Your perception is (in Nix) that the limo slowed to a crawl at the headshot.

What would your best estimated limo speed be(in Nix) at that moment in time?

This is a simple question I ask, so I have an idea of what actual number you feel applies?

Not 100% sure Chris

My best guesstimate would be approx 5-7 mph

NCk02Xt.png

Senator Ralph Yarborough, who was riding with VP Lyndon

Johnson and Lady Bird Johnson in the back seat of the

convertible two cars behind the presidential limousine,

told me in a 1988 interview (quoted in my book INTO THE NIGHTMARE),

"The first shot I heard I thought was a rifle shot. The second shot, the motorcade almost came to a halt. They said later that the president‘s car slowed to something like five miles an hour. I wondered what the hell they were stopping for when somebody is shooting. People were jumping out of the car in front of me [the Secret Service followup car] and running to the president‘s car. I thought maybe somebody had thrown a bomb in there. The third shot I heard was a rifle shot."

6 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

Senator Ralph Yarborough, who was riding with VP Lyndon

Johnson and Lady Bird Johnson in the back seat of the

convertible two cars behind the presidential limousine,

told me in a 1988 interview (quoted in my book INTO THE NIGHTMARE),

"The first shot I heard I thought was a rifle shot. The second shot, the motorcade almost came to a halt. They said later that the president‘s car slowed to something like five miles an hour. I wondered what the hell they were stopping for when somebody is shooting. People were jumping out of the car in front of me [the Secret Service followup car] and running to the president‘s car. I thought maybe somebody had thrown a bomb in there. The third shot I heard was a rifle shot."

Thanks Joseph.

That's an interesting interview from Yarborough.

Image62~0.jpg

2 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Not 100% sure Chris

My best guesstimate would be approx 5-7 mph

Fair enough.

I don't want to drag this out on your topic so I'll just say that Kinney gave an estimate of 3-5 mph.

If a car was actually traveling at half the top speed in your estimate and closer to the lower end in Kinney's estimate = approx 3.5mph, what could you do to a film to create something closer to 7 mph.

Summary:

The true speed of the car, when correctly adjusted for - , should be recalculated as -  mph. The perceived speed increase to -  mph through -  techniques aligns with frame-skipping impacts, panning synchronization, and resulting cinematic effects. Further specifics on exact calculations depend on linear conversion of angular speeds considering panning technicalities.

The more the car slows down, the greater the number of frames created in the same time period pertaining to distance traveled.

It's the same concept as if I shot something with a slow motion setting.

But, you have to have specific data for processing, which I'll likely introduce some day.

So, enough of my input on this thread.