The Education Forum

William Pawley

John Simkin

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we must keep in mind that among the murdered there likely were individuals who had absolutely nothing to do with the assassination, but whose own grisly ends would prompt very long walks down very false trails.

Charles

And that many who are listed on "mysterious deaths" compilations led very dangerous lives in addition to any involvement they may have had in the Kennedy matter.

• 7 months later...
William Pawley died of gunshot wounds in January, 1977. Officially it was suicide but some researchers believe it was connected to the investigations being carried out by the House Select Committee on Assassinations.

Reminds me of George DeMohrenschildt.

Three months after DeMohrenschildt’s 1976 letter to Bush about federal operatives harassing him, CIA Legislative Counsel George Cary wrote that a Senator on the Church Committee, Senator Gary Hart, wanted “access to every piece of paper on DeMohrenschildt” pursuant to the Church Committee’s investigation of President Kennedy’s assassination.

Cary wrote that in response to Senator Hart’s request, he told a Church Committee staff member that the CIA “had run into some snags.” Cary stated that he had asked the Church Committee staff member “if there was any way that we could answer some questions for him rather than for him to search all of DDO’s [Deputy Director of Operations] raw files.”

The CIA obviously did not want the Senate Church Committee to have access to its information on DeMohrenschildt.

Cary’s information on his dealings with Senator Hart ended up on the desk of CIA Director George Bush a few days later, and on December 8, 1976, Bush wrote a memo stating, “Please note references to George DeMohrenschildt. I have known him for many years. I recently asked for some Agency info on him. Now I see Hart is interested in him.” Bush also asked if DeMohrenschildt is “suspected of being involved in any way in the Kennedy assassination matter.”

Two days before Bush said that he “recently” asked for the CIA information on DeMohrenschildt, a CIA memorandum of December 6, 1976, detailed that the CIA was in the process of gathering all available information on DeMohrenschildt, which included checking the files of the CIA’s Directorate of Operations and the Domestic Collection Division, and checking the “Interagency Source Register” to see if other U.S. agencies might be have something on DeMohrenschildt.

George DeMohrenschildt was killed, allegedly by a “self-inflicted shotgun wound in the head,” on March 29, 1977, three months after CIA Director George Bush requested that the CIA compile all of its information on him and six months after Bush sent DeMohrenschildt a reply to his letter about federal operatives harassing him.

“No suicide note was found.”

In Bush’s reply to DeMohrenschildt on September 28, 1976, the one in which Bush told him there were no CIA operations targeting him and no federal interest in him at all, Bush stated, “I hope this letter has been of some comfort to you.”

There are nearly 60 pages with references to William Pawley in David Kaiser's "The Road to Dallas."

Along with John Martino and Santo Traficante, Pawley is described as one of the prime movers and shakers in the conspiracy to kill the President.

I was wondering if Cash Pawley has had an opportunity to read them and give us his apprasal of what Kaiser has to say about him.

Bill Kelly

There are nearly 60 pages with references to William Pawley in David Kaiser's "The Road to Dallas."

Along with John Martino and Santo Traficante, Pawley is described as one of the prime movers and shakers in the conspiracy to kill the President.

I was wondering if Cash Pawley has had an opportunity to read them and give us his apprasal of what Kaiser has to say about him.

Bill Kelly

"The Road to Dallas."

It is the "by way of New Orleans" which ultimately ties Pawley into this affair.

Bill Kelly

I'm sorry, but I have not had a chance to read David Kaiser's "The Road to Dallas" yet. I will most definitely put it on my list though. To be quite honest with you, I have been studying "William Pawley Sr" (Bill Pawley) for many years. I knew him as a child and spent most Thanksgivings and Christmas(es) at his home in Miami Beach. However, this forum is the first time I have ever heard Bill Pawley referred to in any light other than goodness, maybe even greatness. Not of my own accords, but of those who knew him well and best. I have just joined this forum, and shall be reading the many posts on this topic and responding as I can.

Cash Pawley, Bill Pawley's great nephew, has recently joined the forum. Hopefully, he will join the debate on this controversial figure.

Thank you for the introduction John. And, yes, I shall be reading and responding as much as I can.

I believe it is possible that William Pawley paid for the assassination of JFK.

I am interested in more information as to what evidence would suggest that William Pawley had anything to do with the JFK assassination.

William Pawley died of gunshot wounds in January, 1977. Officially it was suicide but some researchers believe it was connected to the investigations being carried out by the House Select Committee on Assassinations.

I will have to correct this slightly. First of all, William D Pawley died of a "single" self-inflicted gun shot wound. There has never been any evidence to the contrary. His wife, Edna Pawley, was home at the time and found him within seconds of the shooting (when she heard the gunshot). She was in a nearby room.

I know from having spent much time in the same house, that it would have been impossible for someone to have shot Mr. Pawley and fled the scene without having to pass Mrs. Pawley in the hallway, as there was no other exit from the Den where he was found (not even a closet to hide in).

Furthermore, Bill Pawley had acquired a severe case of Shingles years earlier, which had progressed across his entire body (even the soles of his feet). He had been unable to lay down, stand or become comfortable in any position. The pain was excruciating, and there was no modern medicine(s) for a cure or even proper pain management at the time. Therefore, Mr. Pawley suffered day in and day out, until he just could not do it anymore. This was the reason for his suicide.

Edited by Cash Pawley

John;

1. Without doubt, Pawley was connected to the assassination.

2. As a relatively "unethical" businessman, Pawley certainly acquired the financial capital to hove placed the "price" on JFK's head.

Especially since he obviously had access to some of the funds of Prio as well.

3. Pawley was personally & (financially) involved with those groups who continued to harass Castro through their providing of weapons and training to anti-Castro forces, as well as the various direct action missions against Cuba.

4. Pawley was an almost "rabid" anti-communists.

5. Pawley was smart enough to continually pay compliments to J.E. Hoover and his dedication, as well as complimenting the work of Hoover's FBI Agents at the Embassy where Pawley was assigned.

In this regard, he had "direct" contact with J.E. H., not to mention access to information which few others would or could obtain.

6. Pawley had previously lost the "fruit" of his labors and work when his work in China and China National Airlines was taken by the communists.

He also suffered a similar "loss" when Castro took his Cuban Transportation (Bus) line as well as Cubana Airlines.

And this is merely those interest which Pawley owned in Cuba of which there is some record.

7. When one follows the Carribean and South & Central America background history of Pawley, they should also take the time and effort to compare this with the travel history of one George DeMohrenschildt.

8. In addition to the record of Pawley as an ambassador to two separate South American countries, one must also look at Pawley's association with Guatemala, which of course places one in direct linkage with United Fruit.

Which of course also leads directly to New Orleans, LA.

And, as most should be aware, the father of Fidel Castro also had a direct connection to the same company.

9. Pawley was almost as "rabid" against Romulo Betancourt of Venezuela, as he was pro-Trujillo of the Dominican Republic.

That an attempted (failed) assassination of Betancourt occurred, followed by a successful such event against Trujullio, certainly appears to have bearing on the subject matter.

Especially when one considers LHO's open discussion with fellow marines in which the subject of Betancourt was brought up.

Then of course, there is the fact that Betancourt, upon becoming President of Venezuela in 1945, secured one-half of the oil company profits within his country.

Which certainly strikes one as "highly" coincidental that DeMohrenschildt took his trip to Venezuela for Pantepac Oil Company in 1945 as well.

Needless to say, there are many trails which lead back to, and serve to indicate that Pawley was most assuredly a direct part of the assassination.

Most probably, he provided the money/price for the action to whoever was controlling LHO. As well as providing various aspects of intelligence and directions which LHO should take in order that the ultimate finger would be pointed at Fidel Castro.

Perhaps these connections should be revealed under this topic of Pawley's name, for those who wish to follow the correct trails.

Tom

All of this is highly speculative and not fact-based, and sill surely DOES NOT implement Mr. Pawley in any way, shape or form to the Assassination of JFK.

IN regards to #6 above: A more accurate detail would be - During the 1930s, Pawley worked in China as a sales representative for Curtiss-Wright, and assembled aircraft in partnership with the Chinese Nationalist government under the corporate name of Central Aircraft Manufacturing Company in various locations. (CAMCO was owned in partnership with the Chinese government, with the Pawley family interest represented by a holding company called Intercontinent.) In 1941, with his brothers Edward and Eugene, he played a part in the organization and support of the 1st American Volunteer Group, popularly known as the Flying Tigers. When the final CAMCO factory was captured by the Japanese in May 1942, Pawley moved his operation to India as a partner in Hindustan Aircraft Limited.

** Castro never took the cuban bus company (Autobuses Modernos) from Pawley. He had already sold it back to Batista years earlier.

As for Cubana Airlines, Pawley never held any interest in this company. Here is what he did have an interest in (and as you can see, it was sold long before Castro came to power):

"In 1927 Pawley began working for the Curtiss-Wright Corporation. In 1928 Pawley returned to Cuba to become president of the Nacional Cubana de Aviacion Curtiss. He held this post until the company was sold to Pan American Airways in 1932"

In violation of the 1903 Treaty between Cuba and the United States, Mr. Pawley was allowed to open a business which was located in the town of Caimanera, Cuba (not on leased Naval Property/Guantanamo).

Four years later, Mr. Pawley opened an additional branch of his business at the leased wharfs/dock area located at Key (Fort) Toro.

In addition to these business locations, Mr. Pawley came to conduct one of the largest business enterprises in Haiti.

NOPE!

Not William D. Pawley. We are referring to his father, Edward Porcher Pawley, of Florence, SC.

E. P. (Edward Porcher) Pawley, father of William D. Pawley, (& four other children) was allowed to open what was considered to be the first American business enterprise in Cuba after signing of the 1903 treaty between the US & Cuba.

In moving to Cuba (and later Haiti), EP Pawley carried with him his entire family which reportedly was 5 son's.

Even though the 1903 treaty specifically prohibited American/foreign enterprise on the Cuban land, in 1904, shortly after occupation of Guantanamo Naval Base by the US Navy & US Marines, Mr. EP Pawley was, for some reason, allowed to open a business which sold furniture and other goods and services.

This business was located in the small town/village of Caimanera which was located just outside the boundary of the Guantanamo Naval Base leased areas.

In 1908, Mr. Pawley was allowed to open a branch business at the wharf area in the vicinity of Key Toro.

It is correct that Edward Porcher Pawley, my Great Grandfather, (Not William D. Pawley - who was only 7 years old at the time) was granted permission to open a business in Cuba in the year following the Treaty (1904). It was NOT in violation of the treaty though, as the treaty stated that "no commercial enterprises could exist on The Guantanamo Base"... not in Cuba, as a whole. Since this enterprise was in Caimanera, it did not fall under any sanctions of the treaty.

In violation of the 1903 Treaty between Cuba and the United States, Mr. Pawley was allowed to open a business which was located in the town of Caimanera, Cuba (not on leased Naval Property/Guantanamo).

Four years later, Mr. Pawley opened an additional branch of his business at the leased wharfs/dock area located at Key (Fort) Toro.

In addition to these business locations, Mr. Pawley came to conduct one of the largest business enterprises in Haiti.

NOPE!

Not William D. Pawley. We are referring to his father, Edward Porcher Pawley, of Florence, SC.

E. P. (Edward Porcher) Pawley, father of William D. Pawley, (& four other children) was allowed to open what was considered to be the first American business enterprise in Cuba after signing of the 1903 treaty between the US & Cuba.

In moving to Cuba (and later Haiti), EP Pawley carried with him his entire family which reportedly was 5 son's.

Even though the 1903 treaty specifically prohibited American/foreign enterprise on the Cuban land, in 1904, shortly after occupation of Guantanamo Naval Base by the US Navy & US Marines, Mr. EP Pawley was, for some reason, allowed to open a business which sold furniture and other goods and services.

This business was located in the small town/village of Caimanera which was located just outside the boundary of the Guantanamo Naval Base leased areas.

In 1908, Mr. Pawley was allowed to open a branch business at the wharf area in the vicinity of Key Toro.

It is correct that Edward Porcher Pawley, my Great Grandfather, (Not William D. Pawley - who was only 7 years old at the time) was granted permission to open a business in Cuba in the year following the Treaty (1904). It was NOT in violation of the treaty though, as the treaty stated that "no commercial enterprises could exist on The Guantanamo Base"... not in Cuba, as a whole. Since this enterprise was in Caimanera, it did not fall under any sanctions of the treaty.

You Unckle was in no way involved in the assassination of JFK. I knew him and he was a very honorable man. He worked in behalf of the Cubans to overthrow Batista and later Castro. He was dedicated to the Cuban peoples early fight for domocracy. He put his money where his mouth was and he helped many who were in need. Over the years I have spoken out to those who put words and deeds in deadmen's mouths. I viewed them then, as now, total cowards. You can't fight or reason with them or their type.., they hide in the shadows and speak in raspy whispers spreading their falsehoods. They use lies and slight of hand to support their theories and bloster their egos. They manipulate truth to ad to their worth. Its best to leave them alone so as their slim does not rub off on you. Your Uncle was a good man. His record of service to his country cannot be matched. He is missed...... from an old covert soul who walked in dark places and is still alive. The Fish is Red and he knew it.

You take care.... I remember the old house near the beach and the trips to 'Sloopy Joes" and the rides to the Keys.... remember? Tosh Plumlee

NOPE!

You Unckle was in no way involved in the assassination of JFK. I knew him and he was a very honorable man. He worked in behalf of the Cubans to overthrow Batista and later Castro. He was dedicated to the Cuban peoples early fight for domocracy. He put his money where his mouth was and he helped many who were in need. Over the years I have spoken out to those who put words and deeds in deadmen's mouths. I viewed them then, as now, total cowards. You can't fight or reason with them or their type.., they hide in the shadows and speak in raspy whispers spreading their falsehoods. They use lies and slight of hand to support their theories and bloster their egos. They manipulate truth to ad to their worth. Its best to leave them alone so as their slim does not rub off on you. Your Uncle was a good man. His record of service to his country cannot be matched. He is missed...... from an old covert soul who walked in dark places and is still alive. The Fish is Red and he knew it.

You take care.... I remember the old house near the beach and the trips to 'Sloopy Joes" and the rides to the Keys.... remember? Tosh Plumlee

Cash, Welcome to the Forum and thanks much for being here and helping us out. You and Tosh and maybe one other forum member knew your uncle - for the rest of us, he is just a historical figure - and to all of us, I think, an important one. I can't speak for all, but I know I am desirous to get to the truth, wherever it lies. Please don't be put-off by some thinking things quite different from your own views. Please just help us sort it all out and get to the truth. I know bits and pieces on Pawley are on other threads here on the Forum, as well. They are probably most easily found using the google search engine + education forum, but you can try the internal search function [i find not very selective]. I know Tosh well and know he sometimes gets a bee in his bonnet about researchers and their agendas. Tosh, some do have a point of view and won't move from it, though they differ, others are honestly looking to try to approximate the objective truth. Bear with us both of you. Again Cash, thanks. Can't help but see you list your location as Pawley's Island. I assume a family owned one in Florida. Let's carry on and dig deep for the truth - wherever it takes us. History demands it. Thanks all. James, ifyou are watching this thread, I'm sure we'd all appreciate some nice photos - as they don't last long on the old threads. Cash, perhaps before getting into all the missions and speculations as to his [alleged] funneling of money to those who might have been in the mix or made to later look like being in the mix, I'd appreciate your own memories of him and those of your immediate family - both as to him as a person, and his career and political [overt and covert] activities, deeds and connections - at any time, but especially in the years just prior to the events in Dallas - when the war with Cuba was most intense. Thanks again.

Can't help but see you list your location as Pawley's Island. I assume a family owned one in Florida.

About like most of your other assumptions!

http://www.encyclo.co.uk/define/paw

Pawley's Island

Pawley's Island is a town in Georgetown County South Carolina, USA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who has paid the least bit of attention would be aware that the "Pawley" family is from South Carolina and that "Pawley's Island" is named after this family.

The family owned large plantations throughout this area prior to the Civil War, and were primarily engaged in the business of rice farming utilizing slave labor.

After the Civil War, the family lost most of it's land and holdings.

Most of which information is readily available to any true researcher, and most of which was also posted here long ago.

Which happens to demonstrate the level of research which is frequently carried out on this forum.

Unfortunately, when one sees the "Education Forum", they are often misguided in assumption that those who post here have taken the time and effort to "educate" themselves on the respective subject matter.