The Education Forum

The Magic Bullet Theory

1 minute ago, Vince Palamara said:

Even Secret Service agents Clint Hill and Paul Landis are against the SBT [From Hill's last book Five Presiden (2016); Landis, also in 2016: Shaker Heights man guarding Kennedys witnessed JFK assassination (photos) - cleveland.com   ]

No photo description available.

No photo description available.No photo description available.

From Hill's book Five Days In November (2013)

From Hill's book Mrs. Kennedy and Me (2012)

From The Kennedy Detail (2010): Hill wrote the Foreword, contributed to the actual book itself, and did the media and book tours. The co-author, Lisa McCubbin, co-wrote his three books and became his wife:

Clint Hill's March 9, 1964 Warren Commission testimony

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has already been discussed---

The fellows name was Tomlinson...a hospital worker at Parkland as head engineer. I have read through his testimony before the Warren Commission and fail to see where he actually ever identified CE 399 as the bullet that was found by the stretcher. Perhaps my eyes got blurry or something but his entire testimony was concentrated on identifying which stretcher was which...and CE 399 seemed irrelevant because it is not even mentioned [that I see]....I have read that after the Report came out, Mr Tomlinson had claimed that the picture of CE 399...the declared 'Magic Bullet' did not look at all like the slug he found. I concede that CE 399 was fired from that 6th floor rifle but if what Tomlinson reported is true then here is my theory---It was not fired at the president. It must have been fired into a barrel of water and jelly because it looks too damn good.
Reporter Seth Kantor saw Jack Ruby at Parkland as word on the presidents condition was awaited. Also another person identified Ruby's presence... Why was Ruby there? ...He denied being there at all and the Commission staff accepted Ruby's account! There must have been something to hide and I believe that Ruby was involved. I believe he furnished the rifles...[the ones that were really used in the ambush] he may have even furnished that round that Tomlinson discovered.

Mr. SPECTER. Mr. Tomlinson, does it make any difference to you whether you sign this deposition at the end or not?
Mr. TOMLINSON. No.
Mr. SPECTER. We very much appreciate your coming, Mr. Tomlinson. Thank you very much. Those are all the questions I have.
Mr. TOMLINSON. All right. Thank you.
Mr. SPECTER. Off the record.

(Discussion between counsel and the witness Tomlinson regarding a proposed exhibit.)

Mr. SPECTER. On the record.
Now that the deposition of Mr. Tomlinson has been concluded, I am having the paper marked as Tomlinson Exhibit No. 2.

(Instrument marked by the reporter as Tomlinson Exhibit No. 2, for identification.)

Mr. SPECTER. May the record show that Mr. Tomlinson is present, and will you identify this paper marked Tomlinson Exhibit No. 2 as the one which contains the diagram of the emergency room and the letters A and B of the stretchers we have been discussing?

On 8/15/2012 at 12:59 PM, David Josephs said:

the 30 cal bullet was mentioned by a few people as being a clean, pointed bullet and having been seen and held at Parkland by Tomlinson... THIS is the bullet given to Wright, which Wright gives to Johnson, which Johnson gives to Rowley.

- CE399 as we now know it came into existence when Todd handed Frazier the bullet and he, Frazier, and two others THEN put their initials on it... in DC

- the OTHER BULLET (in the SS memo) may have been the pointed one... yet has disappeared to History.

12 hours ago, James R Gordon said:

David,

I am surprised no one has picked you up on CE 903.

In your montage - which I do not have a real problem with - more an irritation. However you have stated that you accept that back entry wound as shown on the FOX image and you further state the back wound was higher than the throat wound. You explain that incongruity with the position of body posture.

With CE 903 I believe adjustments were made for using the Queen Mary.

However that pointer is in the wrong position. The back entrance was a few centimeters from the spine. Further the wound was around T3, You know that the pointer is lying on the Clavicle and the entrance wound was no where near the Clavicle. I have not read up on this. Can you link me to the WC documentation that justified this? I would like to read their argument that this proves the SBT.

And that is before we talk about Connally which is a problem yet to be discussed.

And you think CE 903 accurately describes the Line of trajectory fro JFK to JBC?

I am aware this is WC politics to persuade people that Oswald commited the crime - and it succeeded in doing so for quite some time. And I know you support th WC. But can you not honestly admit that this fails on two points.

a) It does not replicate the SBT either for the JFK  and JBC wounds

and

b) The points of origin for JFK and JBC are utterlly wrong.

James

All explained in a reasonable fashion at my "CE903" webpages, beginning here:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/sbt-perfection-of-ce903.html

Excerpt from my CE903 Part 1 page:

The SBT bullet path is pretty much "explained" right there within CE903. It's right there in the picture. All you have to do is look at it and comprehend what it's telling you.

And even though a little "margin of error" must be granted Arlen Specter and the Warren Commission with respect to what we see in CE903 (because the 17.72-degree downward angle is, indeed, just the AVERAGE angle between Zapruder frames 210 and 225, plus there's the fact that the car being used in CE903 is not the SS-100-X limo), there are two things seen in CE903 that don't require any "margin of error" --- the "tie knot" exit wound location in JFK's throat and the entry hole in John Connally's back (with Specter's metal rod being inserted directly into the bullet hole in Connally's jacket---a jacket which the stand-in is wearing in CE903).

So, via the CE903 visual demonstration, if a bullet proceeding downward at an angle of 17.72 degrees (aligning perfectly with a "Z210-Z225" angle from the "Oswald window") were to exit JFK's throat at the tie knot, it would then proceed on that same angle directly into the back of Governor Connally in exactly the place where we know a bullet DID enter Connally's upper right back.

That's a pretty impressive demonstration if you ask me. I wonder what the odds are of the Warren Commission being able to re-create such a nearly perfect SBT demonstration and yet NOT have such a demonstration represent the truth of what actually happened---even though the angle from the known sniper's window was right where it should be if the shot occurred at around Z217.5 AND the re-created bullet path travelled exactly where a bullet really did strike President Kennedy and John Connally on 11/22/63?

I wouldn't want to take those odds to Vegas if I was an anti-SBT conspiracy believer.

And yet I'm supposed to believe the CTers who tell me that two (or probably THREE) different bullets lined themselves up beautifully so that Arlen Specter could later present this impressive "one bullet" exhibit to the world. Talk about incredibly good luck for Mr. Specter & Company! ....

Commission-Exhibit-903.jpg

Below is a high-quality, zoomed-in version of Commission Exhibit 903 (photo credit to Pat Speer)....

CLICK TO ENLARGE:

CE903-Zoomed.png

EDDY BAINBRIDGE SAID:

You have chosen one line of argument, your argument lends weight to the premise, about the weight of a grain of sand.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

You must be joking with the "grain of sand" comment.

Everything points to the SBT being correct. Why CTers refuse to acknowledge this "SBT pattern" only leaves me scratching my head. (After all, as I've said many times before, even WITH the SBT in place, those same CTers can still pretend that their "conspiracy" existed, via their make-believe shot to JFK's head, the "Double Oswalds" all over the place, the "fake" backyard photos, etc., etc. to CT infinity.)

....There's the incredible "SBT-like" pattern of the wounds on the two victims.

....No bullets inside JFK's body.

....CE399 (from LHO's rifle) found on Connally's stretcher. [More on that controversial topic here.]

....The Zapruder Film shows the victims reacting at precisely the same time.

....Both the Warren Commission and the HSCA endorsed the SBT, plus the 3 autopsy surgeons got the ball rolling by concluding, without any hesitation via the wording in the autopsy report, that the bullet "made its exit through the anterior surface of the neck".

"Grain of sand" indeed. Don't make me laugh. It's more like a tsunami of pro-SBT common sense and evidence (when assessing ALL of the facts surrounding the shooting of JFK and Governor Connally).

---------------------------------------------

Two more links filled with lots more fun CE903/SBT wrangling:

https://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/11/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-843.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2016/05/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1133.html

Edited by David Von Pein

I'll also add this (from a previously archived discussion)....

DVP said:

If the bullet that entered JFK's upper back truly had no possible way of exiting the front of his body without hitting some bones (as most conspiracy theorists believe), then I kind of doubt the three autopsy surgeons would have said this in their final report....do you? ....

"The missile contused the strap muscles of the right side of the neck, damaged the trachea and made its exit through the anterior surface of the neck. As far as can be ascertained this missile struck no bony structures in its path through the body." -- JFK's Autopsy Report (Page 6); Warren Report, Page 543

----------------------------

There is also this conclusion reached by the Clark Panel in 1968....

"The other bullet struck the decedent's back at the right side of the base of the neck between the shoulder and spine and emerged from the front of his neck near the midline. The possibility that this bullet might have followed a pathway other than one passing through the site of the tracheotomy wound was considered. No evidence for this was found. There is a track between the two cutaneous wounds as indicated by subcutaneous emphysema and small metallic fragments on the X-rays and the contusion of the apex of the right lung and laceration of the trachea described in the Autopsy Report. In addition, any path other than one between the two cutaneous wounds would almost surely have been intercepted by bone and the X-ray films show no bony damage in the thorax or neck." -- From Clark Panel Report

Replay (for emphasis)....

"There is a track between the two cutaneous wounds..."

Another interesting part of the 1968 Clark Panel Report is the portion of the report in which the Clark Panel concludes that the bullet hole in President Kennedy's throat was located 3.5 centimeters LOWER (anatomically) than the bullet wound in the President's upper back....

"There is an elliptical penetrating wound of the skin of the back located approximately 15 cm. medial to the right acromial process, 5 cm. lateral to the mid-dorsal line and 14 cm. below the right mastoid process. This wound lies approximately 5.5 cm. below a transverse fold in the skin of the neck. This fold can also be seen in a lateral view of the neck which shows an anterior tracheotomy wound. This view makes it possible to compare the levels of these two wounds in relation to that of the horizontal plane of the body. .... The center of the circular wound [in the front of the neck] is situated approximately 9 cm. below the transverse fold in the skin of the neck described in a preceding paragraph. This indicates that the bullet which produced the two wounds followed a course downward and to the left in its passage through the body." -- From Clark Panel Report

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/sbt-perfection-of-ce903.html

CLIFF VARNELL SAID:

Either the rounds were removed prior to the autopsy, or the autopsists were correct when they speculated JFK was hit with a high tech round that wouldn't show up in the autopsy.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Or....

The bullet simply went right through the victim.**

** And isn't it amazing that there just happened to be another bullet hole on the opposite side of JFK's body to meet the "SBT" needs of Mr. Specter, et al?

Has any conspiracy theorist in history ever made this basic observation?....

Boy, those assassins were sure a bunch of lucky sons of bitches when the guy who shot JFK in the throat from the front managed to hit Kennedy in exactly the right spot on his body so that (later on) the official investigators could utilize that entry wound in the throat as the point of exit for the SBT bullet. And then the multiple assassins got even luckier when the upper-back bullet and the bullet that entered the throat both decided not to exit the body and then both of those bullets vanished into puffs of smoke before either of those bullets (which obviously were still inside JFK's body when he was inside Trauma Room No. 1 at Parkland Hospital) could be seen by any non-conspirator.

Can anyone truly believe that such incredible good fortune could possibly have existed amongst the (alleged) multiple shooters who were (allegedly) firing bullets at President Kennedy on 11/22/63?

(And yet CTers have the gall to tell me that I am the one who believes in "Magic Bullets". Oy vey!)

Edited by David Von Pein

12 hours ago, Ian Lloyd said:

What would be good, I think is if, say, a movie producer with the resources available, to commission a mannequin to JFK's height and build etc., mark the mannequin with the (supposed) positions of the bullet entry & exit wounds and, assuming (as we seem to be doing) that the bullet passed through JFK in a straight line, drill a hole through the mannequin at the marked points. The mannequin can then be used to correctly represent what CE903 is purportedly representing and see how that looks.

No need to impale any living (or deceased) people David (I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with impaling people?).

Just a matter of finding such a person with the resources who is interested enough in the truth, I guess.

As Pat Speer said - it's been tested.  Here's a link to the video of the parts of interest he referenced:

(3 minutes long)

Edited by Bill Fite
add time of vid

“This opening was probed by Dr. HUMES with the finger, at which time it was determined that the trajectory of the missile entering at this point had entered at a downward position of 45 to 60 degrees.” 

The presence of dozens of tiny bullet fragments in the president’s skull and brain indicated that the wound to his head had been caused by one or more soft–nosed bullets, and not by metal–jacketed bullets such as those associated with the shells that had been discovered on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository.

So, were Sibert & O'Neil the very first 'conspiracy theorists'?

6 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

No photo description available.No photo description available.

From Hill's book Five Days In November (2013)

From Hill's book Mrs. Kennedy and Me (2012)

From The Kennedy Detail (2010): Hill wrote the Foreword, contributed to the actual book itself, and did the media and book tours. The co-author, Lisa McCubbin, co-wrote his three books and became his wife:

Clint Hill's March 9, 1964 Warren Commission testimony

Thank you Vince.

Clint Hill said:

• The president's head was in Mrs. Kennedy's lap, his eyes fix, and a gaping hole in the back of his skull.
  • His eyes are fixed and I can see inside the back of his head.
  • The doctor points to a wound on the right rear of his head.
  • His eyes were fixed, and I could see inside the back of his head.
  • It looked like someone had flipped open the back of his head, stuck in an ice-cream scoop and removed a portion of the brain...
  • President Kennedy lay unmoving, a bloody, gaping, fist-sized hole clearly visible in the back of his head.
  • The right rear portion of his head was missing.

I'd like to dedicate Vince's post to all the researchers who believe that the ~20 Parkland professionals were wrong in their early statements that the large blowout wound was on the BACK of Kennedy's head, and who can therefore believe that the autopsy photos of the back of Kennedy's head are authentic.

We again see that you are wrong. (Sorry Pat.)

(BTW, if anyone wonders why I feel the need to point this out, it is because I believe that the evidence for a back-of-head blowout wound is so strong -- and thus the autopsy photos tampered with -- that there shouldn't be a division among researchers on this topic. I like to see researchers unite whenever the strength of the evidence merits it.)

17 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I don't understand the point of this thread, David, other than wasting everyone's time. You should know your arguments were all refuted by myself and others more than 10 years ago. You should know your "feelings" on this subject rely on a deliberately misleading comparison of autopsy photos, and a deliberately deceptive exhibit published by the WC.

Well, ok, maybe you don't know. So let me remind you of a few of the facts presented by myself at the 2014 Bethesda conference. Facts that have never been refuted and need to be ignored to push the SBT fiction.

1. The autopsy face sheet and the measurements provided in the autopsy report place the back wound at the level of the shoulder tips. This is at or slightly below the throat wound.

2. Joseph Ball and David Belin were assigned the task of placing Oswald in the sniper's nest window. Among the steps to reaching this task were that they needed to resolve that the back wound was lower than the throat wound on the autopsy face sheet.

3. In early March, Ball accompanied Arlen Specter on a visit to Dr.s Humes and Boswell. They asked the doctors to prepare drawings that could be used to demonstrate that the back wound was really above the throat wound, and not the reverse. Humes and Boswell then corralled Skip Rydberg into making these drawings. Rydberg would later insist they just told him to put the wound on the back of the neck and have the bullet exit the throat, and that no measurements--which would have proved the wound to have been on the back--were provided.

4. These drawings were then entered into the record by Arlen Specter as part of the testimony of Dr. Humes. 

5. Within a few weeks, Arlen Specter started having doubts about what he had just done. He knew his career could be in jeopardy. He then began begging that Dr. Humes be allowed to verify the accuracy of these drawings. 

6. Judge Earl Warren, who was in a rush to finish the report by June, and was anxious to close doors, not open them, then made the ridiculous and possibly criminal decision that Dr. Humes would not be allowed to review the photographs he'd had taken for his review. Instead, Warren himself reviewed them, and decided they were horrible and awful and that there was nothing to see. Tellingly, these photos proved the wound to have been on the back, in opposition to the drawings already entered into the record. 

7. Even so, Specter and others continued to push that the single-bullet theory be tested via a re-enactment in Dallas. 

8. Whether through his own efforts or that of Judge Warren, he was shown a photo of the back wound on the day of the re-enactment. 

9. This location was then marked in chalk on the back of the Kennedy stand-in. After the re-enactment on the street a more precise re-enactment and measurement of angles was performed in a garage. The FBI took photos of this re-enactment. The photos taken from behind show the trajectory rod pointing back from Connally's wound to the TSBD passing inches above the chalk mark on the back of the Kennedy stand-in. None of these photos were published by the commission or entered into the record. Instead, Specter and the commission chose to publish but one photo--taken from the front--that failed to show the chalk mark on the back of the Kennedy stand-in.

10. It was around this time--after he'd been shown a photo proving the wound was on Kennedy's back--that Specter began saying it was a wound on the back of the neck. 

11. The testimony on the re-enactment was also deceptive. Specter had agents say the trajectory rod approximated the location of the back wound, as opposed to entering into the record a photo showing its location. He also had them suggest the chalk mark was derived from the drawings he knew to be incorrect, and that the re-enactment demonstrated that the drawings he knew to be incorrect were accurate. He also had them say the jump seat was 6 inches inboard of the door, when the schematics proved it was actually 2 1/2 inches from the door. All these "errors" served to help sell the single-bullet theory Specter now had plenty of reasons to doubt. 

12. A few years later, when the face sheet was published and people began doubting the SBT, the Johnson Administration began pushing that it was government policy that the SBT be supported. At this point the autopsy doctors were shown the photos and Dr. Boswell was co-erced or forced into providing interviews claiming this review supported the accuracy of the drawings we now know to be inaccurate. The next year was Dr. Humes' turn. He was provided a script by the government on what to say on national TV and he also claimed the photos supported the accuracy of the drawings we know to be inaccurate. 

13. As a response to Tink Thompson's book and Jim Garrison's investigation, a new top secret review of the autopsy photos and x-rays was then conducted. This panel comprised three pathologists and one radiologist--all colleagues and all heavily-connected to the government. All drafts of their report were destroyed and the final draft was largely put together by a lawyer added onto the panel for undisclosed reasons. Well, this panel, of course, upheld the SBT. 

14. Within a few years, moreover, private citizens were allowed to inspect the autopsy materials. The first of these, and the only one within the first year of the materials being available, was John Lattimer. Lattimer then published an article that was widely disseminated within the medical community. It pushed that the drawings we now know were inaccurate were indeed inaccurate, because the wound in the photos was much HIGHER up Kennedy's neck than shown in the photos

12. In order to sell this point, moreover, he claimed the photos proved Kennedy was in fact a hunchback, and that a bullet entering what would appear to be his back (at T-1 or below) had actually entered into a hunch of fat resting on the back of JFK's neck around C-4. (This was completely whack-a-doodle. And yet, very few if any prominent LNs have ever denounced Lattimer for this disgusting lie.)

13. It then fell upon the HSCA FPP to study the SBT. They unanimously agreed that the wound was on the back and not the back of the neck. But they'd been pressured by Blakey who'd told them Guinn's analysis of the bullet fragments (later revealed to be junk science) had confirmed the SBT. So they tried to make things fit. They then signed off on the SBT under the proviso JFK had suddenly leaned forward while behind the sign in the Zapruder film. They were not told that the dictabelt analysis and photography panel had separately concluded that JFK was hit before he went behind the sign in the film. The HSCA, under Blakey, then pretended that the FPP had signed off the SBT, when in fact they had not signed off on the HSCA's version of the SBT. 

14. Since that time, numerous TV shows have presented simulations of the SBT...in which the back wound location and the relative positions of the men in the limo have been routinely misrepresented. 

Your beloved SBT is, in short, the hoax of the century.

Thanks for that, Pat. What a great summary.

I wish there were well developed, but brief summaries like this for every topic on the JFK assassination. They should all be compiled and made easily findable in a wikipedia-style repository.

44 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Thank you Vince.

Clint Hill said:

• The president's head was in Mrs. Kennedy's lap, his eyes fix, and a gaping hole in the back of his skull.
  • His eyes are fixed and I can see inside the back of his head.
  • The doctor points to a wound on the right rear of his head.
  • His eyes were fixed, and I could see inside the back of his head.
  • It looked like someone had flipped open the back of his head, stuck in an ice-cream scoop and removed a portion of the brain...
  • President Kennedy lay unmoving, a bloody, gaping, fist-sized hole clearly visible in the back of his head.
  • The right rear portion of his head was missing.

I'd like to dedicate Vince's post to all the researchers who believe that the ~20 Parkland professionals were wrong in their early statements that the large blowout wound was on the BACK of Kennedy's head, and who can therefore believe that the autopsy photos of the back of Kennedy's head are authentic.

We again see that you are wrong. (Sorry Pat.)

(BTW, if anyone wonders why I feel the need to point this out, it is because I believe that the evidence for a back-of-head blowout wound is so strong -- and thus the autopsy photos tampered with -- that there shouldn't be a division among researchers on this topic. I like to see researchers unite whenever the strength of the evidence merits it.)

1 hour ago, Vince Palamara said:

Thanks Vince. That's yet one more Parkland back-of-head wound witness.

Anybody who's really interested and wants to make up their own mind should read Dr. Aguilar's wound witness list. But really, there's just no question of there being a gaping wound on the BACK of Kennedy's head, on the right side. And because of that, there really is no question that at least some of the autopsy photos are forgeries.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Thanks Vince. That's yet one more Parkland back-of-head wound witness.

Anybody who's really interested and wants to make up their own mind should read Dr. Aguilar's wound witness list. But really, there's just no question of there being a gaping wound on the BACK of Kennedy's head, on the right side. And because of that, there really is no question that at least some of the autopsy photos are forgeries.

And even more in depth (every known medical-related witness)- every time they said anything about the wounds in chronological order:

51LzQCMHH8L.jpg