The Education Forum

Jean Hill

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on Jean Hill:

Gary is in the precarious position of trying to run a neutral museum. The building is owned by Dallas County, and I’m guessing he gets some support from the city because it brings tourists to town. He really can’t lean too far into the CT camp without ruffling some of the feathers of the powers-that-be. He may have personal feelings one way or the other, but because of his position, he has to stay in the middle.

I’ve noticed that several times when I’ve posted questions on here, or Lancer, Mr. Mack has answered me in a private email. He simply gives me the answer that I’m looking for without editorial comment one way or the other. Again, very neutral. However, he does take it upon himself, unsolicited, to give me (and the rest of us) the information we seek. If he was a true LNer, he wouldn’t give us the time of day.

Personally, I’m very glad he’s around, and very glad he runs the museum in the neutral way that he does. Give everyone the information they seek, whether it’s in the form of exhibits or answers to questions asked, and let everyone make up their own mind. It’s the sign of a good educator.

Thanks Gary.

JWK

P.S. I was down there a month or so ago, I saw a large and complicated flow chart in the gift shop. It showed who knew who and who was connected to what, and so on. I couldn't buy it, and only had a few minutes to look at it. Has anyone seen this chart? If so, just how accurate is it?

Of necessity Gary's public persona is polished and circumspect.

But you should have been present at his disgraceful performance at the University of Texas at Arlington in Jim Marrs' JFK class in the 90s. About 40 students were present.

Jim had asked Jean Hill to do a repeat performance of her JFK witness testimony before a new group of students. Jean was always very nice and she always brought us all a batch of her freshly baked cookies. She was relating how she and Mary came downtown and sweet-talked a cop friend into letting them go down into the grassy area WHERE SPECTATORS HAD BEEN BANISHED. She told how she and Mary were there to shoot Polaroid photos of a couple of cop boyfriends, as well as the president. She said Mary took a cop photo of one of the lead motorcycles. Then as the limo came around the corner, she said she saw WHAT SHE THOUGHT WAS A SMALL WHITE DOG THAT JACKIE WAS SHOWING TO THE PRESIDENT.

At this point Gary and Dave Perry (sitting beside him) BEGAN HECKLING JEAN AND LAUGHING. Somewhat flustered at the rude interruption, Jean continued...saying that eager to get a good photo of the president, SHE AND MARY STEPPED OFF THE CURB AND INTO THE STREET. She said she was almost close enough to reach out and touch the side of the limo.

Immediately, Gary shouted loudly..."YOU ARE A xxxx, JEAN!"

She attempted to continue, but again, ..."YOU ARE A xxxx, JEAN!"

Jean burst into tears on the small stage at the front of the large classroom...and fled from the room. The students sat stunned. Jim made an apology, and tried to continue the class. Gary and Perry did not apologize. The class adjourned in disarray. Jim soon thereafter discontinued these JFK classes.

Jack

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting story Jack. As a result of this incident Hill stopped giving interviews about the JFK assassination.

Hill told the Warren Commission about how she saw "a little white dog" in the rear seat of the president's car. As there was no dog in the car, the reliability of Hill's witness statement was undermined. However, 25 years later, it was revealed that a small white stuffed animal was on the back seat of the car. A child had presented it to Jackie Kennedy at the beginning of the tour of Dallas. This information was suppressed in order to discredit Hill as a reliable witness.

As a result of this discovery, Jean Hill once again gave interviews on the case. Hill also agreed to work as a technical adviser on Oliver Stone's motion picture, JFK. Two years later Jean Hill published her book on the case, The Last Dissenting Witness.

Jean Hill, who worked as a schoolteacher in Dallas for over twenty years, died on 7th November, 2000.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKhillJ.htm

Of necessity Gary's public persona is polished and circumspect.

But you should have been present at his disgraceful performance at the University of Texas at Arlington in Jim Marrs' JFK class in the 90s. About 40 students were present.

Jim had asked Jean Hill to do a repeat performance of her JFK witness testimony before a new group of students. Jean was always very nice and she always brought us all a batch of her freshly baked cookies. She was relating how she and Mary came downtown and sweet-talked a cop friend into letting them go down into the grassy area WHERE SPECTATORS HAD BEEN BANISHED. She told how she and Mary were there to shoot Polaroid photos of a couple of cop boyfriends, as well as the president. She said Mary took a cop photo of one of the lead motorcycles. Then as the limo came around the corner, she said she saw WHAT SHE THOUGHT WAS A SMALL WHITE DOG THAT JACKIE WAS SHOWING TO THE PRESIDENT.

At this point Gary and Dave Perry (sitting beside him) BEGAN HECKLING JEAN AND LAUGHING. Somewhat flustered at the rude interruption, Jean continued...saying that eager to get a good photo of the president, SHE AND MARY STEPPED OFF THE CURB AND INTO THE STREET. She said she was almost close enough to reach out and touch the side of the limo.

Immediately, Gary shouted loudly..."YOU ARE A xxxx, JEAN!"

She attempted to continue, but again, ..."YOU ARE A xxxx, JEAN!"

Jean burst into tears on the small stage at the front of the large classroom...and fled from the room. The students sat stunned. Jim made an apology, and tried to continue the class. Gary and Perry did not apologize. The class adjourned in disarray. Jim soon thereafter discontinued these JFK classes.

Jack

Your account of this outburst in my UTA JFK classs is accurate. I distinctly recall this episode as I was very ashamed over this kind of treatment.

As you know I always tried to treat each of the guests with due consideration and respect. This includes the former FBI fingerprint expert who fled the class when my students respectfully but persistently tried to pin him down on whether he could tell the difference in fingerprints from a dead person or a live person, a very significant question considering the funeral home director's statement that the FBI put Oswald's dead hand on the rifle. It's too bad that Gary seems to suffer memory losses such as when he failed to correct the people on that Discovery Channel documentary who pointed out an incorrect location for the "Badgeman" figure.

The way she was treated by Gary Mack and the supporters of the Warren Commission is truly shameful. However, it makes a good case-study of how the organizations who took part in the cover-up attempted to discredit witnesses. In fact, they still do it on places like this forum.

The event described was the third or fourth time Jean told her story to one of Jim's classes...and her LAST after the "xxxx" outburst...which was one of the reasons Jim discontinued the classes. You can read of this in John Armstrong's H&L on page 3*...guess who the two loud and obnoxious men were John refers to. Gary may HAVE a recording of A Jean Hill performance...but not the one where he called her a xxxx... twice! My story is true. Why would I make up such a detailed and false account? I plan to contact Jim Marrs and get his remembrance of this incident. I don't like being called a xxxx.

It is true that the two also heckled Dr. Crenshaw when he said that in the emergency room, he spoke on the phone to LBJ...but that is another story. Read about it in Crenshaw's CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE.

Yes, Dave Perry and Gary Mack heckled several people who only came to tell their stories. Remember the woman from West Texas who told how her soldier father got her out of school under curious circumstances and drove to Dallas arriving on 11-22-63 and went in the TSBD to use the telephone. I found her story most curious and she seemed to be a sincere person with no motivation for telling such a tale. Nothing came of this story because I could not substantiate her story. But we were all courteous and heard her out, except for Perry and Gary who continually interrupted her and accused her of lying. In fact, as I recall, they actually called Jean "a damned xxxx" but I may have that shaded in my failing memory.

Mr. Marrs, you indicated the funeral director made a statement that the FBI put the rifle in Oswald's hand...I've never seen that statement and could you please direct me to it? Secondly, some time back I emailed you and asked for your position on James Files. Do you believe he was the grassy knoll shooter or not? I never got an answer and was wondering if you'd be willing to share your opinion on this forum. Thanks.

Jason Vermeer

The way she was treated by Gary Mack and the supporters of the Warren Commission is truly shameful. However, it makes a good case-study of how the organizations who took part in the cover-up attempted to discredit witnesses. In fact, they still do it on places like this forum.

John,

While Gary Mack does represent an official organization that takes part in the cover-up, I don't think Mack or Dave Perry and the Debunkers or Tim Gratz or Brendan Slat or Dave Von Peahead are as organized as suspected, but rather they are just a bunch of school yard bullies.

While their mission seems to be to distract us from our own, they are like speedbumps and potholes, and in the end the truth will win out.

BK

Received the following from Gary Mack, re my question in the other thread about the nature of Jim Marrs' class:

Jim Marrs' class was a non-credit course offered by the University of Texas at Arlington Division of Continuing Education. Attendees paid a small fee. The advanced group - which is the class Dave Perry and I attended - was not a part of the Continuing Education program. Neither Dave nor I were asked by Jim to either not attend or to not ask questions of the guests. In fact, the whole purpose of having a guest present was to ask him or her questions. I asked tough questions and I don't like being lied to by anyone. The Roscoe White fiasco in 1990 taught me that lesson.

Edited by Ron Ecker

..... a very significant question considering the funeral home director's statement that the FBI put Oswald's dead hand on the rifle.

Jim, I saw you in Dallas last year and you are certainly an interesting fellow, but what is said above is just what causes people who want the record to be reflected correctly to start claiming that someone is lying. Now correct me if I am wrong, but in the interview of the funeral director in "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" ... he said that that he was not present when the agents went in to view the body and I gathered that he only assumed because of the ink they left behind on Oswald's hands and fingers that they may have placed his hand on the rifle. I personally think that they very well could have pulled a fast one and found a way to get Lee's prints on that gun, but a slip of a word here and there and we have gone from the funeral director assuming something to it being stated as fact as if the funerral director had witnessed it. I am of the opinion that this sort of thing occurred with other witnesses like Jean Hill which led to her being labeled as lying about a particular issue. Whether that is the case or not with Jean - I am only saying that it is these slip-ups on our parts that leads to the witnesses unjustly being put in the hot seat.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Another dissembling storyteller who tried to milk her "fame" as a witness for as long as possible. Why she was in a classroom I have no idea.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/jhill.htm

Mr. Slattery, please do a little research. All witnesses are storytellers. It's up to the people in the jury box or classroom to judge that person's credibility.

Edited by Pat Speer