The Education Forum

Dark complected man

Thomas,

OK, so I clicked on the link, Steve, and read the report and now I'm wondering which (earlier) report said that Rodriguez was "violently anti-Kennedy".

The closest I've been able to come is a 1/14-17/64 Report from Dallas Secret Service Field Agent, Roger Warner. He says in his report on Rodriguez, "This investigation originated on a memo from PRS in reaction to a memorandum marked "Secret", subject, "Reaction by Cuban Exile Community to President Kennedy's Death." In this memo it is reported that one Manuel Rodriguez, who is currently living in Dallas, Texas, is known to be violently anti-President Kennedy."

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=3

Notice the date of Warner's Report.

I would encourage you to read paragraph number 2. on page 3 of his Report.

ATTU Agent Frank Ellsworth was questioned about Rodriguez on 1/16/64.

Warner's Report is included in a 4/24/64 letter from SS Chief Rowley to J.Lee Rankin.

I have not yet found the original memo from PRS or the memo marked, "Reaction by Cuban Exile Community to President Kennedy's Death."

Steve Thomas

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest I've been able to come is a 1/14-17/64 Report from Dallas Secret Service Field Agent, Roger Warner.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=3

Warner's Report is included in a 4/24/64 letter from SS Chief Rowley to J.Lee Rankin.

On page 4 of Rowleys letter (page 3 of Warners Report), it says, "Reproductions of photographs of subject obtained from the Immigration and Naturalization Service."

So we know photographs of Rodriguez existed at one time.

Steve Thomas

On page 4 of Rowleys letter (page 3 of Warners Report), it says, "Reproductions of photographs of subject obtained from the Immigration and Naturalization Service."

Steve Thomas

In Rowley’s letter to Rankin dated 4/24/64, he says, “The basic document in this investigation is a memorandum from the CIA to the Federal Bureau of Investigation – Special Agent in Charge (Miami Office) dated November 25, 1963…Rodriguez is also mentioned in FBI Report of SA William Mayo Drew of the Miami Office. FBI file number 105-112098.”

Go to the NARA Archives and do a standard search for 105-112098. Click on the entries of William Mayo Drew.

Here is what you'll get:

Mayo 10/24/63 RESTRICTIONS : 1A; DONOR RESTRICTION; REFERRED

CURRENT STATUS : RELEASED WITH DELETIONS

Moses Aleman 10/16/63 RESTRICTIONS : 4

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 09/14/1998

OPENING CRITERIA : INDEFINITE

Mayo 2/11/64 RESTRICTIONS : 4

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 09/25/1998

Mayo 10/24/63 CLASSIFICATION : SECRET

RESTRICTIONS : 1B; 4

OPENING CRITERIA : INDEFINITE, APPROVAL OF CIA

Grrrrrrrrr...

It looks like this file had something to do with Alpha 66 and the SNFE. Several times something called Plan Omega is mentioned.

Steve Thomas

Guest Mark Valenti
I recieved an email from Gary Mack suggesting I consider that this man had a transistor radio under his jacket and not a walkie-talkie. Gary, 'ya gotta be kidding!...this guy was operational and not listening to the baseball game!....and no transistor radio was that big or that square!

I found this on ebay - a transistor radio from 1963:

This auction is for a vintage General Electric two band AM/SW transistor radio. Model P925. Was made in 1963. This is the First GE transistorized shortwave portable. Dimensions: 9” X 5.5” X3”.

Steve, if memory serves, Plan Omega was discussed in a couple of press conferences by

Alpha 66....it was part of their structured build up of off shore, sea borne assults which

would hopefully trigger a larger scale movement against Castro within Cuba. Alpha 66

was very specifically raising funds for these projects.

Fund raising and PR were very much part of their overall program....Omega was intended

to take their effort to its hoped for conclusion e.g. Alpha to Omega...

-- at least that's what jumps to mind, Larry

Steve Thomas

In Rowley’s letter to Rankin dated 4/24/64, he says, “The basic document in this investigation is a memorandum from the CIA to the Federal Bureau of Investigation – Special Agent in Charge (Miami Office) dated November 25, 1963…Rodriguez is also mentioned in FBI Report of SA William Mayo Drew of the Miami Office. FBI file number 105-112098.”

Go to the NARA Archives and do a standard search for 105-112098. Click on the entries of William Mayo Drew.

Here is what you'll get:

Mayo 10/24/63 RESTRICTIONS : 1A; DONOR RESTRICTION; REFERRED

Moses Aleman 10/16/63 RESTRICTIONS : 4

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 09/14/1998

Mayo 2/11/64 RESTRICTIONS : 4

Mayo 10/24/63 CLASSIFICATION : SECRET

RESTRICTIONS : 1B; 4

OPENING CRITERIA : INDEFINITE, APPROVAL OF CIA

Grrrrrrrrr...

It looks like this file had something to do with Alpha 66 and the SNFE. Several times something called Plan Omega is mentioned.

Steve Thomas

DCM was packing more than a gun and holster under his jacket. In this photo it looks like he's packing Citizen Kane's sled Rosebud on his back. I'd sure like to know what it is.

dcmanwalk.jpg

Ron,

Excellent observation. I've looked at that picture many times, but hadn't noticed the "peaks" or protruberances at the top of his jacket near both of his shoulders until I read your post. They're so obvious now that you mention it. ..

Thanks, Thomas

PS And I wonder what that rather largish white thing could be which is just below his belt-line a little right-of-center?? Couldn't be his shirt, could it, because if it were then he's wearing his trousers way to low, IMO. Comments, anyone?

Edited by Thomas Graves

This auction is for a vintage General Electric two band AM/SW transistor radio. Model P925. Was made in 1963. This is the First GE transistorized shortwave portable. Dimensions: 9” X 5.5” X3”.

Hi Mark.

Gary raises a valid point. There were transistor radios much smaller than what you have indicated. There is a photo taken during the aftermath where you can see the size. I don't know if I have it - Robin Unger has posted a copy before. Oops - found it. Credit to Robin on this one.

Me - I'd like very much to figure this out and get moving forward - with a good ID on both men, and proof that they were part of the operation. Don't know that this is possible in the short term - or long term for that matter. I do like James' post on Buchanan.

FWIW.

-lee

I recieved an email from Gary Mack suggesting I consider that this man had a transistor radio under his jacket and not a walkie-talkie. Gary, 'ya gotta be kidding!...this guy was operational and not listening to the baseball game!....and no transistor radio was that big or that square!

Mark,

The ideal size transistor radio to carry around under one's jacket. Not.

And by the way, the dimensions of the bulge under DCM'm jacket look significantly bigger than 9" X 5.5" X 3", IMHO.

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Mark,

And by the way, the dimensions of the bulge under DCM'm jacket look significantly bigger than 9" X 5.5" X 3", IMHO.

--Thomas

I'm old enough to remember the introduction of battery powered transistor radios and, yes, there were two sizes..hand held and ones you could bring to the beach party [larger]. No one would take the later and put them under one's jacket....and I won't even consider that this guy and TUM were not operational or operational diversion. Add to that the very strange thing he has over his shoulders under his jacket...either an antenna or some very awkward and large object....as was suggested like a sled. EVERYTHING about these guys was suspicious. The items they took to DP, the items they USED and gestured with in DP, how they reacted during and after the shooting and the fact they have never been identified. Most suspicous is that they were never ID'd by the official 'investigations' - no operatives were...and that was NO coincidence.

Peter,

I totally agree with you on everything you say on this issue. If ever any evidence were needed to prove a conspiracy, it's the photos taken of DCM and TUM. It's so darn obvious...

--Thomas

A closer look.

I believe that what has been interpreted as a lump, possibly a gun and holster, in the side

of DCM's jacket was actually a bag. Based on Rickerby's photo, the photo below from

Robin Unger's site, and other photos, DCM was wearing a white shirt, light blue jacket,

and a white bag. The bag is obvious in this photo:

dcmbag.jpg

Edited by Ron Ecker

Guest Mark Valenti

Mark,

--Thomas

I'm old enough to remember the introduction of battery powered transistor radios and, yes, there were two sizes..hand held and ones you could bring to the beach party [larger]. No one would take the later and put them under one's jacket....and I won't even consider that this guy and TUM were not operational or operational diversion. Add to that the very strange thing he has over his shoulders under his jacket...either an antenna or some very awkward and large object....as was suggested like a sled. EVERYTHING about these guys was suspicious. The items they took to DP, the items they USED and gestured with in DP, how they reacted during and after the shooting and the fact they have never been identified. Most suspicous is that they were never ID'd by the official 'investigations' - no operatives were...and that was NO coincidence.

I was responding to Peter's remark that "no transistor radio was that big or that square." Obviously they came in different sizes.

MV

Guest Mark Valenti
and I won't even consider that this guy and TUM were not operational or operational diversion.

Peter,

I totally agree with you on everything you say on this issue. If ever any evidence were needed to prove a conspiracy, it's the photos taken of DCM and TUM. It's so darn obvious...

--Thomas

You don't know what the man is holding, you are only guessing. And yet you are utterly convinced that these photos prove a conspiracy? Wouldn't it be more prudent to simply state that the photos are suggestive of unusual activity and leave it at that? Have you ever served on a jury? Would you like to be convicted based on someone's hunch?

You can't tell anything with certainty from these fuzzy photographs.

MV

Guest Stephen Turner

and I won't even consider that this guy and TUM were not operational or operational diversion.

Peter,

--Thomas

You don't know what the man is holding, you are only guessing. And yet you are utterly convinced that these photos prove a conspiracy? Wouldn't it be more prudent to simply state that the photos are suggestive of unusual activity and leave it at that? Have you ever served on a jury? Would you like to be convicted based on someone's hunch?

You can't tell anything with certainty from these fuzzy photographs.

MV

Yep, I agree with Marks statement, There certainly APPEARS to be something underhand going on, and I find Witts testimony of why he had the umbrella that day farcial, but as evedence this is interesting, not conclusive.

Larry,

Steve, if memory serves, Plan Omega was discussed in a couple of press conferences by

Alpha 66....it was part of their structured build up of off shore, sea borne assults which

would hopefully trigger a larger scale movement against Castro within Cuba. Alpha 66

was very specifically raising funds for these projects.

Thanks. At the end of the day yesterday, I read up on Plan Omega. The cuban-exile web site covers it pretty thoroughly.

"Plan Omega calls for a renewal of guerrilla warfare and sabotage on a wide scale." - as opposed to a frontal assault as in the Bay of Pigs.

http://cuban-exile.com/doc_351-375/doc0358.html

see paragraph II

Steve Thomas