Altgens: - A Closer Look.

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernice...you guys may be onto something taking a closer look

at that very odd "streetlight". For years I have wondered why

the only such light I have ever seen with that configuration is...

right at the point of the assassination. Could there be a connection?

Maybe a remote control camera? Maybe some secret CIA device?

Take a look at other plaza photos and try to locate a similar one.

If this was the ONLY one, I find it suspicious.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Bernice...you guys may be onto something taking a closer look

at that very odd "streetlight". For years I have wondered why

the only such light I have ever seen with that configuration is...

right at the point of the assassination. Could there be a connection?

Maybe a remote control camera? Maybe some secret CIA device?

Take a look at other plaza photos and try to locate a similar one.

If this was the ONLY one, I find it suspicious.

Jack

More than one.

Jack:

Curious so I went for a look see....

After going through all the photos, taken that day in Dealey,I have not found another light fixture whatever

similar in that area, not saying I have them all, or could possible not have missed one.......but..I did as thorough

a check as possible.

I did find one such photo, take Nov, 22, from a different view......from the North East back side of the TSBD,

near the dock........ with a view of it, in the distance, it is there and clearly..

Now, I then went to the days that followed, the after photos....I found one taken by Mrs.Westfall the Sun.

morning the 24th..showing it.....taken in the vicinity from the corner of Houston St.., facing the TSBD.....

We see all the wires and power hookups etc, that had been made for the TV connections, world links etc.

Going to and coming from a pole opposite the TSBD..

I then went to the films at...

http://jfkmurderphotos.bravehost.com/photos.html

and What a grand site he has enabled us with all these years, and being allowed I would say how appreciative, for one

I have been of all he has maintained for those years, for us...the photographers photos and films, much of which he has

provided all with today,

though he is so seldom credited, ( sorry but his name is gone) they have been and are taken and posted on others sites,

and all, with never a mention.

as well as to yourself, and the likes of Rich's old Forum photo archives, and the Marsh collection and Deanies originally..

that were there for years.......So for now, a quick thanks....

So getting to the films, available.......The light whatever, is not seen in the Hughes film.......It Is in the Bronson film at the beginning.

and also.....In the Pascall film it is very clear at the end of the film....

Below is a cropped close up from the Weaver photo showing it clearly.....and from the Bell frame not so good...which shows where

they were widening the paving on Houston at the time...

...the photo from the other Elm St. that accesses the parking lot,

at the side of the TSBD near the dock........and Mrs.Westfall's taken on Nov.24/63.......

And one from the window of Houston, whatever, it is not present, am trying to find the date of this photo..I am thinking it is from the W/C.?

I may have missed some, so perhaps someone else would have a go....thanks.

So...for your information......

B...... :blink:

Edited by Bernice Moore

Jack:

Curious so I went for a look see....

After going through all the photos, taken that day in Dealey,I have not found another light fixture whatever

similar in that area, not saying I have them all, or could possible not have missed one.......but..I did as thorough

a check as possible.

I did find one such photo, take Nov, 22, from a different view......from the North East back side of the TSBD,

near the dock........ with a view of it, in the distance, it is there and clearly..

Now, I then went to the days that followed, the after photos....I found one taken by Mrs.Westfall the Sun.

morning the 24th..showing it.....taken in the vicinity from the corner of Houston St.., facing the TSBD.....

We see all the wires and power hookups etc, that had been made for the TV connections, world links etc.

Going to and coming from a pole opposite the TSBD..

I then went to the films at...

http://jfkmurderphotos.bravehost.com/photos.html

and What a grand site he has enabled us with all these years, and being allowed I would say how appreciative, for one

I have been of all he has maintained for those years, for us...the photographers photos and films, much of which he has

provided all with today,

though he is so seldom credited, ( sorry but his name is gone) they have been and are taken and posted on others sites,

and all, with never a mention.

as well as to yourself, and the likes of Rich's old Forum photo archives, and the Marsh collection and Deanies originally..

that were there for years.......So for now, a quick thanks....

So getting to the films, available.......The light whatever, is not seen in the Hughes film.......It Is in the Bronson film at the beginning.

and also.....In the Pascall film it is very clear at the end of the film....

Below is a cropped close up from the Weaver photo showing it clearly.....and from the Bell frame not so good...which shows where

they were widening the paving on Houston at the time...

...the photo from the other Elm St. that accesses the parking lot,

at the side of the TSBD near the dock........and Mrs.Westfall's taken on Nov.24/63.......

And one from the window of Houston, whatever, it is not present, am trying to find the date of this photo..I am thinking it is from the W/C.?

I may have missed some, so perhaps someone else would have a go....thanks.

So...for your information......

B...... :blink:

Bernice.

jfkmurderphotos.bravehost.com/photos.html

The Webmaster at that site is Gerhard Eger.

I have tried to help him where i can, whenever i post a new image to my site i email him and let him know.

In return he has generously Credited me on his website.

I find his INDEXING of the images very helpfull.

http://jfkmurderphotos.bravehost.com/acknowledgements.html

Edited by Robin Unger

Thanks, Bernice...very odd.

The next to last photo shows the one by Elm, but not the one by Main.

The final photo shows NEITHER of them.

This raises the question...why were they removed so soon? Suspicious?

Sorta like the removal of the Stemmons sign.

Jack

Yes Jack ,very very odd.......only a few more to go...I am thinking..?. :blink:

Robin thanks for the recall of Gehard Egars name, he has provided an appreciated service..

Now I almost hesitated to post these.. :huh: ....as the last that you have is showing whatever, light ?

fixture ?..on the right hand corner of the top of the building, is not shown in the Dillard which was taken immediately,

in fact if memory serves me within seconds..?

Also not in the Jerry Cablucks, when he went for his helicopter ride that afternoon, and took the next

two......from the air.....?????

B.... :blink:

Edited by Bernice Moore

Jack

Robin thanks for the recall of Gehard Egars name, he has provided an appreciated service..

Now I almost hesitated to post these.. :huh: ....as the last that you have is showing whatever, light ?

fixture ?..on the right hand corner of the top of the building, is not shown in the Dillard which was taken immediately,

Also not in the Jerry Cablucks, when he went for his helicopter ride that afternoon, and took the next

Light pole at the corner of main and houston.

Two more similar light fittings shown to the left of the TEXAS sighn, and at the top left of the image.

Eugene.

Sorry if i side tracked your thread somewhat.

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin:

What are the dates of the last two you have posted.....?

Here is the one, on the left, the light at the corner of Main and Houston...

it is in a Bronson frame from the 22nd....so they were there.

Now I almost hesitated to post these.. ....as the last that you have is showing whatever, light ?

fixture ?..on the right hand corner of the top of the building is not shown in the Dillard which was taken immediately,

Thanks....B

Edited by Bernice Moore

Robin:

What are the dates of the last two you have posted.....?

Thanks....B

Bernice.

The first image i'm not sure, somewhere between 64/68

The second image shows the motorcade on the 22/11/63 PRE-assassination heading towards Dealey Plaza.

Jack

Two more similar light fittings shown to the left of the TEXAS sighn, and at the top left of the image.

Eugene.

Great "catches," Robin.

I think there is at least one more of those light "fittings" visible farther down the street, on the left-hand side of the street, in the bottom photo....

FWIW,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Jack

Eugene.

Great "catches," Robin.

I think there is at least one more of those light "fittings" visible farther down the street, on the left-hand side of the street, in the bottom photo....

FWIW,

--Thomas

Thanks Thomas.

You are correct, there appears to be approx (8) or so fittings on BOTH sideS of the street running down towards Dealey Plaza

Jack

Eugene.

Great "catches," Robin.

FWIW,

--Thomas

Thanks Thomas.

You are correct, there appears to be approx (8) or so fittings on BOTH sideS of the street running down towards Dealey Plaza

Yep...

Side note-- great shot of LBJ's "driver's side door" being open while the car was moving. I read somewhere that that's what that particular SS detail always did. Interesting, if true. If not true, then the fact they did it in Dallas is even more interesting... I don't want to hijack this thread. Is there another thread that addresses this "open door" issue?

Thanks,

--Thomas