The Education Forum

Altgens: - A Closer Look.

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Does anyone have a better copy of this photo.

Looking at the full frame, my image appears to be tightly cropped.

I like this image, it gives us a good idea of the arrangement of the bushes along the fence, size, spacing etc:

Also we get a good indication of how much head and shoulder area we should be able to see on someone standing behind the fence.

Yes, a great view. BTW, is that a person's head appearing just over the fence about 6 or 8 feet west of the corner of the fence? Hands resting on top of pickets? Top of shoulders evident?

Just to the west of this head is the first pyracantha counting pyracanthas from the corner going east to west. Yes? Thus, Duncan's figure in Moorman is just west of the fourth pyracantha from the corner. Is that correct?

(PS: Does anybody have a clearer image of this Darnell frame?

Thanks Bernice.

Miles.

Yes i agree there is a mans head and shoulder area visible behind the fence, and Duncans man does appear to be the fourth pyracantha from the corner.

I think Lee Forman may have a close up of this image, showing the steps and fence area.

It had a green tint on it from memory.

I will search for it in my files.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is Robin, an oldie but still a goodie...been around awhile..

.the green is also the cropped

version...

Also that fence area ,I have enlarged and cropped..It is not a human, I cannot

recall right now what it was, in the background, the water tower??

Unless he was a giant with a big square head.... ;)

Perhaps someone will recall..

B..

Edited by Bernice Moore

Here it is Robin, an oldie but still a goodie...been around awhile..

.the green is also the cropped

version...

Also that fence area ,I have enlarged and cropped..It is not a human, I cannot

recall right now what it was, in the background, the water tower??

Unless he was a giant with a big square head.... ;)

Perhaps someone will recall..

B..

B.

The object known as "Block Head" may be human after all as at that angle it couldn't be a structure in the distance, could it? Maybe some optical anomaly accounts for the funny misshaping? ;)

M

Hi Miles:

There were several structures in the parking lot, that appear to be in some of the

photos, in I think one of the Cabluck's, some thought for a time there was a person showing

behind the side of the fence..somewhere in the Badgeman area, but it was in the distance,

a part of a background structure......

Also on here recently there was another thread where someone

wondered why the lights were seen above the pergola.....but they were not lights,they were in the

background in the distance....in the parking lot...But you would have sworn that they were

there on top...background structures and trajectories...they call it.

If you have Trasks book or some such, have a look and you will see things..that are in the background

distance.......and some

over time have sworn they were or could be shooters but they were proven to not be...

FWIW......FYI..

B....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Here's a rough colourisation of the full Altgens5

image posted by Robin Unger. The resolution is poor.

The window right of the tree and above the traffic lights is still of interest to me..Is there someone

standing there?

IMO the Altgens image warrants closer professional

expert attention.

EBC

""The window right of the tree and above the traffic lights is still of interest to me..Is there someone

standing there? ""

Eugene

The crop of the windows in Altgens.....enlarged

and lightened...

Also the full photo.... just lightened..

It is somewhat blurry ( touched ) shadows ? in that area as well as at a couple of other windows....

.not from the enlargement I do not believe....

As it appears to be the same in each copy I have looked at ??..

P.S Also the original copy that I worked from.....

B.....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Here's a rough colourisation of the full Altgens5

image posted by Robin Unger. The resolution is poor.

The window right of the tree and above the traffic lights is still of interest to me..Is there someone

standing there?

IMO the Altgens image warrants closer professional

expert attention.

EBC

""The window right of the tree and above the traffic lights is still of interest to me..Is there someone

standing there? ""

Eugene

The crop of the windows in Altgens.....enlarged

and lightened...

Also the full photo.... just lightened..

It is somewhat blurry ( touched ) shadows ? in that area as well as at a couple of other windows....

.not from the enlargement I do not believe....

As it appears to be the same in each copy I have looked at ??..

P.S Also the original copy that I worked from.....

B.....

Hi Bernice, thanks for posting the green image.

Also you might be right about the shape behind the fence being one of the carpark structures. ?

I need to get a better copy of that photo, to try and see what is really shown in the image.

Edited by Robin Unger

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Bernice,

Thanks again for the photos.

I wonder if someone with a top of the range computer

with about 2GB of RAM and a CPU of 2Ghz

would be interested in colourising the huge

Altgens image on Robin Unger's excellent site?

All s/he needs is the software called 'Recolored' which is readily

available.

I think a recoloured version of the Robin Unger Altgens image

would reveal a lot more.

Unfortunately, my computer cannot handle very big files.

Currently, I have to resize the image and in doing so lose

resolution.

Eugene

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

Bernice,

Thanks again for the photos.

I wonder if someone with a top of the range computer

with about 2GB of RAM and a CPU of the the same size (2GB Mhz)

would be interested in colourising the huge

Altgens image on Robin Unger's excellent site?

All s/he needs is the software called 'Recolored' which is readily

available.

I think a recoloured version of the Robin Unger Altgens image

would reveal a lot more.

Unfortunately, my computer cannot handle very big files.

Currently, I have to resize the image and in doing so lose

resolution.

Eugene

Thanks Eugene.

You are doing a brilliant job of Colorizing those images, keep up the good work.

Bernice.

I took a closer lookat our blockhead man.

I think it is just a Cop snooping around behind the fence.

Bernice.

I took a closer lookat our blockhead man.

I think it is just a Cop snooping around behind the fence.

Bernice,

If you take a line of sight from the camera (& its angle), you find that there is not a structure in the parking lot which could account for "Block Head."

Thus, the object is something at the fence at just the right elevation for it to be the head of an adult human.

If a cop was wearing a billed cop hat & turned & canted his head just so, then you would get a snooping "Block Head" cop.

Another possibility is that someone was holding up on a poll a square placard photo of a head, say, about 10' back from the north side of the fence. But why? :huh:

M

Now fellas....

Don't you think that "Green Giant "( Jolly perhaps ) sounds better than "Blockhead"... :rolleyes:

I have gone another way, persevere....

Miles :

I believe you are trying to get the "how much would be shown ?"of a human whom is standing in

back of the fence..

I don't think that there is a problem, a part of him would show at that time...imo.

Also keeping in mind whether he stood on the back bumper of a car, that of course would bring him up

that much higher..

I have found stashed away in the "packratsnest".....a photo that was taken facing the fence, when

the Gov did their DPD radio tapes studies...I believe if memory serves me, they took their studies approximately

10 feet from the corner......and

Yes the man behind the fence is holding and aiming a rifle..I think they fired such that day, if someone

can help with that information, please do so......this should give you a pretty good idea..

of how much of him, they, would be seen...

Also some others taken by researchers of people appearing behind the fence...also do not forget the

photo of Lane and Sam Holland taken in 67..Sam was a short man, and you can still see his head, up

above.......and a Darnell frame showing the height of the policeman compared to the fence at the

top of the stairs area...

Perhaps these will help in your studies....

B....

Edited by Bernice Moore

posted by Bernice:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&id=10957

faces south from somewhere by the collonade. A few frames later, a guy goes up to the fence, apparently unseen by the cop who are directing these people and raises his hand and appers to point at this spot. Is there any photo that indicates that a slat (or part thereof) here was movable?

(image)

Edited by John Dolva

posted by bernice:

faces south from somewhere by the collonade. A few frames later, a guy goes up to the fence, apparently unseen by the cop who are directing these people and raises his hand and appers to point at this spot. Is there any photo that indicates that a slat (or part thereof) here was movable?

(image)

There are others seen, Jack and others have said there were a vine type tree plants every now and again planted

along the fence...

Here is another Darnell frame, and a couple of Gifs.none of them are really clear, but you can see now there

are two of them spaced apart.....could be...if that is the mark that you are pointing out...

I think they are the plants growing up along the sides of the fence.....they show stems branching off.

I have add another it shows other similar branches behind the policeman along the fence....

B

Edited by Bernice Moore

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Sorry to hijack my own thread but what are the possibilities

of ever seeing this in Dallas?

Say in the year 2150 - when the truth finally might come out?

Could it ever conceivably happen?

No disrespect or offence intended.

EBC

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

posted by bernice:

(image)

There are others seen, Jack and others have said there were a vine type tree plants every now and again planted

along the fence...

Here is another Darnell frame, and a couple of Gifs.none of them are really clear, but you can see now there

are two of them spaced apart.....could be...if that is the mark that you are pointing out...

I think they are the plants growing up along the sides of the fence.....they show stems branching off.

I have add another it shows other similar branches behind the policeman along the fence....

B

Thx, B

for the Darnell gif, et al., because I noticed here & in other frames

Darnell1.jpg

a man in a dark suit standing where the north edge of the sidewalk disappears under & at his feet, who has a light colored overcoat draped over his right hand. This man:

overcoat.jpg

carries his overcoat in a normal way. He drapes it over his right forearm such that it touches his elbow as you can see his hand. But the man here:

Darnell1.jpg

carrying a light colored overcoat (gray trench coat?) has his overcoat draped over his hand & away from his crooked elbow by a foot at least. This man is hiding a concealed weapon. :rolleyes:

M

Scan from POTP

Does anyone see the fake "ledge" in front of the 5th floor window (middle), obscuring the windows partially?

There is also a "ledge" painted similarly to the above mentioned, partially obscuring the Oswald window in the Hughes Film.

This is certainly proof of photo alteration.

Kathy

In re the "ledge" -- It can be interpreted as a horizontal appendage that spreads from the top right of a vertical artifact that may be an automobile antenna (on the advance car?) or a lamp pole. It is not part of the building, yet does seem to mirror vertical structures on the TSBD facade. If this is evidence of image tampering, then perhaps we have to consider Robert Morningstar's theory of gestalt editing -- which we might also think of as a sinister trompe l'Oeil.

Perhaps a clearer version of the full frame would help resolve this issue.

Charles

anyone ever find out by the SS car directly behind LBJ has the back door open?