The Education Forum

"Tan Jacket Man" Secretively Hands Something to "Blue Coated Guy" in the Parking Lot

Guest Tom Scully

(When I see threads like this one and the interest they draw, I am tempted to pop some corn and sit back and watch the show. [...] What I don't understand is the potential of what is going on in this thread. Is it just entertainment? Where could interest in this lead? [...]

Tom,

Sounds like a classic case of The Pot Calling The Kettle "black". LOL

BTW, what does the bulk of your post have to do with the topic of this tread?

Would one of the other moderators please redirect Mr Scully's post elsewhere?

Thank you,

--Tommy :)

P.S. I think it's pretty obvious that a hand off did take place. Whether or not we will ever know what the hand off object was, or the identities of the two persons involved, lots of people seem to be involved in the choreographed "dance" taking place in the uncropped version of this part of the film (links to which I put in earlier posts on this thread). There's even a Rambler station wagon with its four headlights on in the background with a Long Coat approaching it.

I think we need to take a closer look at not only Tan Jacket Man and Blue Coated Cuban-Looking Man, but also at "Long Coat Man" and all of the other people involved in "the dance" by trying to find them in other films and photos. Maybe that way we can establish their identities and other, possibly sinister, associations. Maybe we can even "exonerate" them! Kind of like a photographic version of "Namebase", or a photographic version of Tom Scully's "seven-degrees-of-separation" approach to documents, obituaries, wedding announcements, etc, but just a tad more "tangible".

I guess you could call the putative hand off, at this point, "just" circumstantial evidence ...

How can you even hope to da any of that? More than 48 years have gone by. You cannot confirm if an object or material was handed off, or what it was, or the identity of any individuals you are studying. If your search resulted in a miracle, and it won't, what would it even matter?

I have this conflict of interest proved, which should be enough to stir things up, at minimum, and it results in absolutely no interest. The truth is that if you obtained the details you say you are searching for, interest in your animated gif would probably plummet like a rock.

Willen's father's residence is on the left (with the 60305 zip code on the roof ), Tony Accardo's residence is the busy lot to the immediate right.:

6497673871_a42770b059_b.jpg

http://www.zillow.com/homes/935-franklin-ave-river-forest,-il_rb/

RELEASE LIST OF CORONER'S SPECIAL AIDS

Chicago Tribune - Mar 6, 1962

1000 Loke Shoro dr; Richey Graham Jr.. 811 Taft rd., Hinsdole; Robert Guerin, ... Joseph Willens. 935 Franklin cv.. River Forest; Dr. Elmer Witous, ....

Accardo Offers His House for Sale--at $390,000!

Chicago Tribune - Aug 12, 1962

The 22-room palace at 915 Franklin av., River Forest, where gang boss Tony Accardo has dwelt in splendor for 11 years, is up for sale. ...

I know you (and every other member) only from your posts, Tom. Too many emoticons included, and too lite fare in so many of them, but this is (party pooper) JMO. I'm not advocating for the forum to have the tone of a funeral parlor, but c'mon.... contributors to forum threads either usually enhance a business like, investigative impression of what is getting done here, or not.

Edited by Tom Scully

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(When I see threads like this one and the interest they draw, I am tempted to pop some corn and sit back and watch the show. [...] What I don't understand is the potential of what is going on in this thread. Is it just entertainment? Where could interest in this lead? [...]

Tom,

Sounds like a classic case of The Pot Calling The Kettle "black". LOL

BTW, what does the bulk of your post have to do with the topic of this tread?

Would one of the other moderators please redirect Mr Scully's post elsewhere?

Thank you,

--Tommy smile.gif

P.S. I think it's pretty obvious that a hand off did take place. Whether or not we will ever know what the hand off object was, or the identities of the two persons involved, lots of people seem to be involved in the choreographed "dance" taking place in the uncropped version of this part of the film (links to which I put in earlier posts on this thread). There's even a Rambler station wagon with its four headlights on in the background with a Long Coat approaching it.

I think we need to take a closer look at not only Tan Jacket Man and Blue Coated Cuban-Looking Man, but also at "Long Coat Man" and all of the other people involved in "the dance" by trying to find them in other films and photos. Maybe that way we can establish their identities and other, possibly sinister, associations. Maybe we can even "exonerate" them! Kind of like a photographic version of "Namebase", or a photographic version of Tom Scully's "seven-degrees-of-separation" approach to documents, obituaries, wedding announcements, etc, but just a tad more "tangible".

Bumped in an attempt to keep "Moderator" Tom Scully from hijacking this thread any more than he already has.

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 7 months later...

hughescarparkdeshcroppe.gif

Edit:

This clip is from the Robert Hughes film, which is viewable on youtube.

Note how Tan Jacket Man with the "white spot" on top of his head near the front ("about 2.5 inches above his hairline" as recalled by shooting witness Amos Euins), hands something that's small and black and in his left hand to Blue-Coated Guy. Blue-Coated Guy looks at TJM and takes a halfstep towards TJM right before TJM passes him, looks quickly away to his right, pivots to his right on his left foot, and raises his lower left arm just enough to receive the body-shielded low hand off from TJM.

In a less-severely cropped version (viewable on youtube), you can also see a Rambler station wagon (the only car in the parking lot with its headlights on!) in the background and a little to the right of center and a "Long Coat Type" approaches it and then veers of to his right.

I think that TJM was the guy that Howard Brennan, Amos Euins, and other witnesses saw in the "sniper's nest", the guy whom Dallas police officer Baker encountered on the "third or fourth floor" a minute or two after the assassination (and whom Roy Truly conveniently "cleared" by telling Baker that the dude "worked in the TSBD"), and the guy whom Dallas police detective Roger Craig saw get into a Rambler station wagon on Elm Street a few minutes later. He also could very well be the guy who murdered police officer Tippit.

(This clandestine handing off of something from Tan Jacket Man to Blue Coated Man was first mentioned, as far as I know, by Wes Riddle's on his two posts on the "Hughes Parking-Lot Man In Bell Film?" thread on the JFK Assassination Forum 2/19/11. Wes thinks TJM slipped the small black object into BCG's outside coat pocket.)

--Tommy :sun

edited and bumped

P.S. Would a moderator please delete the two words "Cuban-Looking" from the title? Thanks. --Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

Guest Tom Scully

bump

bump

edited and bumped

edited and bumped --Tommy :ph34r:

bumped again because I want everyone to be aware of Greda Dunkel's link

Continued in next post....

Guest Tom Scully

Continued from last post....

edited and bumped

Bumped in an attempt to keep "Moderator" Tom Scully from hijacking this thread any more than he already has.

edited and bumped

P.S. Would a moderator please delete the two words "Cuban-Looking" from the title? Thanks. --Tommy

You're bumping like a xxxxx, trolling for page views. Bump this thread again, and I will lock it.

Scully, I don't get you at all.

Graves admittedly DID bump this topic several times...MONTHS AGO. Then he comes back and bumps it again ONE TIME, almost EIGHT MONTHS LATER, and you threaten to lock the topic.

Is a bump every 8 months simply too soon for your taste? The time to have protested the earlier bumps, I would think, would have been EIGHT MONTHS AGO, back when they were occurring.

Then again, that's why I'm not a moderator; I don't understand how Scully's threat makes a bit of sense, at this late date.

Scully, I don't get you at all.

Graves admittedly DID bump this topic several times...MONTHS AGO. Then he comes back and bumps it again ONE TIME, almost EIGHT MONTHS LATER, and you threaten to lock the topic.

Is a bump every 8 months simply too soon for your taste? The time to have protested the earlier bumps, I would think, would have been EIGHT MONTHS AGO, back when they were occurring.

Then again, that's why I'm not a moderator; I don't understand how Scully's threat makes a bit of sense, at this late date.

That's all right, Mark. Although Mr. Scully is on record as saying he thinks this thread to be a waste of time, I don't think it's the reason he's threatening to lock it down. Maybe he's just getting back at me for saying that his long, "seven degrees of separation" posts are the product of "A Beautiful Mind", or maybe he's just envious that it was a popular thread (with over 7,600 views), and resents my reviving it by editing and bumping my last (ancient) post.

Anyway, Mark. What do you think of my analysis of the clip in post #93? Have you had an opportunity to watch the uncropped version which shows the Rambler station wagon in the parking lot during the same scene? Did you follow the thread on Tan Jacket Man at the JFK Assassination Forum back in the day?

Thanks,

P.S. Since Mr. Scully has threatened to lock this threat if I edit and bump any of my posts on it one more time, I refer everyone to my edited-and-bumped post that evidently "broke the camel's back". Post #93.

I would also refer you to Mr. Scully's non sequitur post: Post #91 which seemed to me at the time to be a brazen attempt to hijack it or kill it.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy if we could find a better picture of Larry Jones we could do a comparison

With Tan man.apparently Mr Truly knew tan man did he also know Larry Jones?.

Did Baker feel the need to pull his gun on Tan Man or

Was Truly expecting him?.

Ian,

Was Truly expecting "Tan Man" to be where he was (on the third or fourth floor) at that time?

Probably. It's also possible that he confused "Tan Man" for LHO.

--Tommy ;sun

Ian,

Was Truly expecting "Tan Man" to be where he was (on the third or fourth floor) at that time?

--Tommy ;sun

But how could that be Tommy as he had just seen "Oswald" on the second floor?.

I know they "missed the sixth" but that's a

Big leap Tommy!.

Tommy; see Duncan's post at jfk research same thread as Gerda's gifs...

''Skaggs 4 Man with Tan Jacket and Head Spot. Not sure about the shirt'' if so, he could not possibly be the shooter in the nest as you suggest, as in Skaggs, he is seen as the limo has turned and is on Elm in front of the TSBD..and is seen standing across the street in the photograph...thanks..b

Guest Tom Scully

Mark, your are correct, what could I have been thinking? This is obviously the most important, high potenital for a break through, thread in the history of this forum!

Every thread should be bumped at least 8 times, with no significant follow on details posted by the bumper, there are only a few thousand threads, what the heck does it matter?

Now...Let's get to it! All that is needed is the name of the man in the jacket, and the name of the back of the head guy the jacket guy passed an unidentified object to, and of course, a reliable I.D. of the object.

I'm going to pin this key thread until advocates and participants determine they all of something better to do with their time, say, go play in traffic, of for the next thirty days, whichever comes sooner.

BTW, doesn't anybody even want to solve this murder mystery, anytime soon?

Thought for the day....

FREDERICK WM JANNEY

New York Times - Jan 20, 1979

Frederick Wistar M. Janney, director of personnel of the Central Intelligence Agency, died yesterday of a heart attack while playing squash at the Metropolitan ...

books.google.com Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution - 2006 - Snippet view

... P. Clark William C. Cox, Jr. Kathleen S. Crawford Gorham L. Cross, Jr. Joel P. Davis Thomas J. Devine William Everdell, ... Jr. Mary D.Janney George F.Jewett, Jr. Howard W. Johnson Breene M. Kerr Eugene H. Kummel Stanley Livingston, ...

More editions

A Very Private Woman

www.nytimes.com/books/first/b/burleigh-private.htmlShe was married to CIA man Wistar Janney. Mary Janney sat in a pew near another Vassar classmate, the bouncy blond Scottie Fitzgerald Lanahan--F. Scott ...

In Memoriam: Weston "Dusty" Howland Jr.

Weston "Dusty" Howland Jr.

http://www.whoi.edu/...=3622&cid=57226

media@whoi.edu

May 11, 2009

(508) 289-3340The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution announces with great sorrow the death of Honorary Trustee and Honorary Member Weston “Dusty” Howland, Jr. on May 8, 2009. Dusty served as a Member of the Corporation from 1982 to 1994, when he was elected an Honorary Member of the Corporation. He served as a Trustee from 1987 to 1995, when he was elected an Honorary Trustee. He served on many Board committees, including Executive (for ten years), Investment, Nominating, Ships (later Access to the Sea), and the Deep Ocean Exploration Institute Committee.

Dusty was born May 13, 1924. He grew up in Milton and attended Milton Academy. Upon graduation, he joined the Army, and during World War II was stationed in China, India and Burma, earning the rank of lieutenant in the OSS. In 1949, Dusty earned an A.B. degree from Harvard College and founded the investment advisory firm Howland Capital Management. Dusty was president and treasurer of Devonshire Associates and of Warwick Mills Holding Company, one of the few textile mills still operating in New England.

Dusty, an active philanthropist, served on numerous boards. One of his first volunteer involvements was as a member of the Boston City Hospital Board under then Mayor John Collins. He was later asked by Mayor Collins to help bring an aquarium to the Boston area, and, working with other dedicated volunteers, he helped create what is now the New England Aquarium. He served as a Trustee of Boys’ and Girls’ Camps, Civic Education Foundation, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Naushon Trust, New England Aquarium Corporation, Plimoth Plantation, and Tufts University (Trustee Emeritus). His belief in the importance of education led to his funding educational fellowships at several of the institutions he was associated with.

Dusty and his late wife, Melita U. (Seipp) Howland, lived in Weston and spent summers in Chilmark and on Naushon Island. Dusty, an avid fisherman and sailor, was a member of the Edgartown Yacht Club.

Dusty is survived by his daughter, Susan M. Davidson; his son, Weston “Tony” Howland, III, a Member of the Corporation of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution; and six grandchildren. He is survived by one brother, Hester Whitcher, and one sister, Judith Cook. Dusty was the father of the late Henry H. Howland and brother of the late John S. Howland and the late David M. Howland.

Tell Betrothal Of Melila Seipp, Kin Of Uihleins .

Milwaukee Journal - Nov 10, 1949

They are related to the Milwaukee branch of the Uihlein family. The bride-elect is the niece of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Seipp, Mmes. Ed win Seipp and Henry ...

Weston Howland Jr. Weds Miss Melita Seipp in Virginia

Pay-Per-View -

Daily Boston Globe - Dec 29, 1949Weston Howland Jr. Weds Miss Melita Seipp in Virginia A number of friends of ... man Ushers were another brother David Alexander Calhoun of Manila Henry Ross....

Edited by Tom Scully

Ian,

--Tommy ;sun

But how could that be Tommy as he had just seen "Oswald" on the second floor?.

I know they "missed the sixth" but that's a

Big leap Tommy!.

OK, Ian. Then I guess Truly was either a conspirator or simply mistook Tan Jacket Man for one of his other employees. By the way, have you had the opportunity to read the article about the TSBD called "The Spider's Web"?

Tom

I am trying to Establish the identity if possible of the person wearing distinctive clothes.

Other members here have identified certain players along the route or

Think they have!.

Edited by Ian Kingsbury