The Education Forum

Hillary blames FBI Director Comey for her loss

Douglas Caddy

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

HRC should have never been Secretary of State.  It was a horrendous choice by Obama.  This is the woman who voted for the Iraq War, a really stupid choice.  She then urged a policy in the Middle East that is pretty much what the neocons wanted with PNAC--endless unrest in order to force American involvement.

If that's true, it's ironic that her husband seemed so reluctant to deal with Middle Eastern terrorism when he was president. As I recall, he treated the first WTC bombing as a domestic crime; evidence that TWA Flight 800 was bombed and that there was Middle Eastern involvement in the OKC bombing was apparently suppressed by our ever-loving FBI (White House orders?); he passed up a chance to get Bin Laden; and I don't recall him doing anything about the attack on the USS Cole (unless that's when he bombed an "aspirin factory").

But then Bill and Hillary have always been strange bedfellows.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

If that's true, it's ironic that her husband seemed so reluctant to deal with Middle Eastern terrorism when he was president. As I recall, he treated the first WTC bombing as a domestic crime; evidence that TWA Flight 800 was bombed and that there was Middle Eastern involvement in the OKC bombing was apparently suppressed by our ever-loving FBI (White House orders?); he passed up a chance to get Bin Laden; and I don't recall him doing anything about the attack on the USS Cole (unless that's when he bombed an "aspirin factory").

But then Bill and Hillary have always been strange bedfellows.

There was no Middle Eastern involvement in the OKC bombing.

Maybe it was set up as a false flag until Timothy McVeigh managed to get himself pulled over for an improperly secured license plate.

Clinton went after bin Laden in '98 and missed -- that's when he bombed the aspirin factory.

Hillary made the mistake of her life becoming Sec of State.

Without that we'd have never heard of her damn e-mails.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

9 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

The electoral college still serves a purpose in that it can prevent large populous areas that can amount to voting blocs from dominating other, less populous areas that might not be so motivated by common concerns.

That said, it can have unfortunate consequences. As I recall, Al Gore won the popular vote in 2000. If that alone had decided the election, we and the world would have been spared the huge mistake of the U.S. invading Iraq with all of its consequences.

Only time will tell if we would have been better off going by the popular vote in 2016. But Newt Gingrich being an historian, I think it would be a good idea for Trump to establish a new federal agency, the Department of History, with Newt as its first secretary. The secretary's main responsibility will be to warn the president when history is about to repeat itself.

A voter in Wyoming has three times the influence as a voter in California.

Democracy?

I don't think so.

4 hours ago, Dawn Meredith said:

RCD is probably the most knowledgeable person on this subject that I am personally aware of. Sure wish he'd come back to posting, I would visit here far more often just to read his brilliant prose and uncanny knowledge.

As to the election loss, people crying over Killary need to listen to one of the many internet radio shows that discuss the emails involving "pizza" and "hot dogs".  If that does not make you ill then you need to go back to first grade to learn deep politics 101. Comey could have gone much farther, I personally think his Sept. 28 press conference was to alert people to these very emails then allow researchers to dig and post.   

What?

First of all it was October 28. 

And you think the FBI Director should have gone further in determining who our President is?

Because of e-mails concerning hot dogs and pizza?

It should make us ill that Hillary's people were eating so poorly?

3 hours ago, Dan Doyle said:

Jim,

I have to say something when the The Bradley Effect is invoked.  The Bradley Effect is just a theory without a proof, empirical or otherwise.  How do you read someone's  thoughts?  It's conjecture much like your criticism of PSD...not that I'm a defender of his.  Political scientists and professional pollsters came up with this theory to cover their asses and avoid taking the heat for their bad polling methodology.   Speaking of which, from what I've read, the real problem in the polling for this election was that pollsters were limited to using landlines and online sampling, which skews the sample. Most folks who have landlines also have caller ID( also true for cell phones) and may avoid the sampling call because they don't recognize the number(telemarketing!).  Online polling is also problematic because the potential sample-ee may not be interested in taking the time to fill out the questionaire. 

Bad or outdated polling methodology is the culprit here not some wu-wu theory like the Bradley Effect.

Jim DiEugenio did not cover the 2016 election as any home-bound journalist should have covered it -- watch copious amounts of cable news.

Trump's greatest achievement was turning cable news -- CNN, MSNBC, Fox -- into his own 24/7 Reality TV Show.

If you didn't watch that show regularly -- you frankly know ef-all about the 2016 election, especially those last two weeks.

The Bradley Effect!

Good one, Jim, got any more gems of nonsense for us?

2 hours ago, Roger DeLaria said:

Otherwise you would have the concentrated population centers on the East and West Coasts deciding for the rest of the country, and the other states would get thrown under the bus.

So now the people on the coasts get thrown under the bus?

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This makes little sense.  Why?  Because the top three states by population are California, Texas and Florida.  In the south and west.  

Which is why the electoral college is obsolete.

Dan, the Bradley Effect is not just a theory.

Nate Silver says you're wrong.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/persistent-myth-of-bradley-effect/

I live in California (though not for much longer) and I was as shocked as everyone else when Bradley lost and the Republican analysts were proved correct.  And this coincides with what Nate Silver wrote about and the Trump analysts talked about.  There was  lots of unrest and insecurity about the economy and about immigration, and jobs being heisted.  I have little doubt that Roger Stone had a hand in molding this mosaic together for Trump.

But numbers cannon be denied.  Those figures are stunning, 26% Latino vote for Trump?  53% female white vote for the groper in chief, and "Grab them by the p-----ies."  Who could have predicted that? 

Who could have predicted that the FBI Director would come out 11 days before an election to announce that one of the candidates was under investigation?

You can't see and smell the fascism?

And HRC being a white woman, the first to run for president.  In none of the interviews I saw of the latter in focus groups did any woman even mention the Comey emails issue.  They all said that they were worried about jobs and the economy.  

And they personally distrusted and disapproved of Hillary Clinton.

Her unfavorable ratings were equal to a pedophile rapist thief because of all the noise about her damn e-mails.

And I have to say that Trump did a very nice job in haranguing that issue.

How the hell would you know, Jim?

You didn't watch CNN, MSNBC, Fox -- you've admitted it.

But OTOH, the Clintons obliged him with NAFTA,CAFTA and TPP.

As for Tommy and Sandy and "KIllary", look, HRC should have never been Secretary of State.  It was a horrendous choice by Obama.  This is the woman who voted for the Iraq War, a really stupid choice.  She then urged a policy in the Middle East that is pretty much what the neocons wanted with PNAC--endless unrest in order to force American involvement. Any Democrat who consults with a jerk like Kissinger is simply inexcusable.  And if you want to defend something like that, then be my guest.

This weekend  at Lancer, I will be talking in depth about JFK's Middle  East policy, which most people are unaware of.  It was completely overturned by LBJ and Nixon and Kissinger, and that resulted in the mess we have now.  And HRC is part of that mess. The other issue I will discuss is the Rockefeller globalization campaign which JFK would have no part of.  That campaign was finalized by Bill Clinton.

Trump had two issues he could run to the left of HRC, jobs and outsourcing, and the Middle East,  and he used them to good effect.  But it was the Clintons who opened the door for him.  Good riddance they are both gone.

If Donald Trump -- a man who I despise personally and politically -- had been fingered by the FBI 11 days from the election then gone on to win the popular vote but still lose:

I'd call it for what it is.

A stolen election.

When in a two-party system one party spends all its time investigating the leaders of the opposing party -- I call it for what it is:

Fascism.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

2 hours ago, Glenn Nall said:

regardless of the geographic location of the large populace East or South, is it then fair that the small populations' votes are made obsolete? This is exactly what would happen if we counted votes one for one.

Does the winner of the World Series win because of total number of runs or because of a standardized number games won? There's a reason...

Wow, that's quite an analogy Glenn. Isn't an election more like a Super Bowl? Isn't it all finished in one day?

I don't suppose I could appeal to you by saying "all lives matter?"

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

6 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Wow, that's quite an analogy Glenn. Isn't an election more like a Super Bowl? Isn't it all finished in one day?

I don't suppose I could appeal to you by saying "all lives matter."

What Glenn and other fascism-apologists fail to understand is that the 2016 election was like no other in our history.

Donald Trump said he would not accept the results unless he won, or the results were "clear."

If Trump had lost the electoral college but won the popular he would not have conceded.

Trump made the rules.

He supporters need to cease with their hypocrisy.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

This makes little sense.  Why?  Because the top three states by population are California, Texas and Florida.  In the south and west.  

Which is why the electoral college is obsolete. 

Dan, the Bradley Effect is not just a theory.  I live in California (though not for much longer) and I was as shocked as everyone else when Bradley lost and the Republican analysts were proved correct.  And this coincides with what Nate Silver wrote about and the Trump analysts talked about.  There was  lots of unrest and insecurity about the economy and about immigration, and jobs being heisted.  I have little doubt that Roger Stone had a hand in molding this mosaic together for Trump.

Jim, I'm a 2nd generation native Californian who grew up in LA( La Canada Flintridge) who now lives on the East Coast.  I had high profile Black clients in California back in 2008 and they were so sure that Obama wasn't going to win no matter what the polls indicated because of latent racism and the Bradley Effect.  Obama won.  So much for the validity of Bradley Effect.  David Axelrod said in an interview a few days ago,  that HRC lost because , in so many words, she isn't a gifted politician and didn't connect with voters.  I agree.  More to the point, HRC didn't democratically win the primary.  The fix was in; she had 500 Superdelegates before the primary season even began.  So now this country is paying the price for the Clintons' sense of entitlement(again!)  If I never hear of the Clintons again, it will be too soon.  Of more interest to me presently is Douglas Caddy's post today concerning the FBI knowing about Weiner's laptop and the HRC emails on it back in April.  Has this been documented by him(or anyone else for that matter)?  I can't find anything on it.

9 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

What Glenn and other fascism-apologists fail to understand is that the 2016 election was like no other in our history.

Donald Trump said he would not accept the results unless he won, or the results were "clear."

If Trump had lost the electoral college but won the popular he would not have conceded.

Trump made the rules.

He supporters need to cease with their hypocrisy.

Jesus Cliff!, I was trying to engage in a friendly conversation with Glenn! That's ok, Glenn, I don't think you're a Fascist-apologist.

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Jesus Cliff!, I was trying to engage in a friendly conversation with Glenn! That's ok, Glenn, I don't think you're a Fascist-apologist.

I would denounce the result of any election where:

1) the FBI director 11 days out from the election announces a renewed investigation into one of the candidates;

2) 2 days out says it's a false alarm, nothing to see here move along;

3) that candidate goes on to win the poplar vote by almost 2% but loses the electoral college.

If a Democrat ever wins the White House like that I'll stop being a Democrat.

That's because I'm a genuine American patriot -- not one of these fascism-apologist wannabes.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Being a life long Democrat I believe Comey committed a criminal act. HRC was not the best candidate, no doubt. But Trump is psychologically unbalanced. If 18 months of his antics on the trail did not convince you then you will never be convinced. But be careful what you ask for because now your gonna get it.

My biggest fear is that on January 20th we may be witnessing the inauguration of the last President of the United States

11 minutes ago, Tom Wilson said:

Being a life long Democrat I believe Comey committed a criminal act. HRC was not the best candidate, no doubt. But Trump is psychologically unbalanced. If 18 months of his antics on the trail did not convince you then you will never be convinced. But be careful what you ask for because now your gonna get it.

My biggest fear is that on January 20th we may be witnessing the inauguration of the last President of the United States

Damn straight he committed a crime!

And he committed another violation of the Hatch Act by not making it clear that it wasn't just Hillary who was guilty of "extreme carelessness" -- it was the whole State Dept. since forever.